Author Topic: Phil in the news ..  (Read 345690 times)

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Phil in the news ..
« Reply #150 on: August 08, 2008, 01:38:53 AM »
I'm not sure I even want to speculate about this:groan:  :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #151 on: August 08, 2008, 02:32:28 AM »
I think this has the answer!!! :funny: :funny: :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #152 on: August 14, 2008, 06:53:42 AM »
Phil speaking in Wellington on 8/8:

Keoghan said he was terrified by the latest challenge he set himself, proving he was not completely fearless.

"I was on a celebrity game show the other day and it scared the hell out of me," he said.

"I was under pressure when everybody knows what the answer is and you're standing there with the clock ticking.

"It was one of the most horrifying, scary things I've done. But I did it."

more here:

http://3news.co.nz/News/NationalNews/AmazingRacestarshareslifephilosophywithkids/tabid/423/articleID/66242/cat/64/Default.aspx
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #153 on: August 14, 2008, 11:10:59 AM »
Standing next to Julie Chen can be quite scary.  :funny: :funny:
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #154 on: August 28, 2008, 11:59:24 AM »
From Michael McKay in the TARA 3 AXN forum in response to a Q on if Phil could make a TARA 3 guest appearance:

I'm sure Phil would be only too happy to make a guest appearance but I promise that, for logistical reasons, it won't happen in series 3. I've never written about Phil before but he is a top guy and great to be with on the road. We've spent many hours chatting (usually at airports) and he loves TAR. Funnily enough, behind the scenes, Allan reminds me of Phil (similar sense of humour) and they are both genuinely nice guys. I think they would get on famously.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #155 on: August 28, 2008, 11:31:18 PM »
I would love to see Phil on the mat in TARA 3 with Allan as a greeter in New Zealand. How great would that be?
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #156 on: August 29, 2008, 12:01:08 AM »
I would be able to die now :luvu:

Offline Rabbit

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #157 on: September 03, 2008, 07:33:15 PM »
me too!

a friend online knew how much i adored Phil and as a surprise, had him send me an autographed pic.

Anyone know how to get lipstick stains off photographic paper? lololol j/k

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #158 on: September 07, 2008, 03:26:21 PM »
Where are you going Phil Whatsisname, the host of The Amazing Race!  :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #159 on: September 16, 2008, 06:44:48 PM »
tracking Phil:

http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/national/2008/09/16/93741.htm

and while there--make a kid's day!

1) Arrange for the host of the Amazing Race TV show, Phil Keoghan to stay at your hotel. Just when the crankies were about to set in as we packed ourselves like sardines into the hotel shuttle bus to endure the long flight home, who shows up but TV host Phil Keoghan from the Amazing Race. I couldn’t have planned things any better if I had slipped his agent $1000. He stood around outside our van, chatting to his driver…and my daughter got take it all in within eight feet. I am now officially a hero for having taken her to Philadelphia. Wait till all her friends hear about this on Facebook!

http://genealogygemspodcast.blogspot.com/2008/09/top-5-strategies-for-enlisting-your.html

« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 01:37:32 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #160 on: September 27, 2008, 08:27:37 AM »
Around the World In 30-Something Days
'Amazing Race' Host Is Ultimate Globe-Trotter

Sunday, September 28, 2008; M02

Since 2001, "Amazing Race" host Phil Keoghan, 41, has traveled the circumference of the world 80 times, has been to more than 100 countries, has been held by Ukrainian immigration overnight because he didn't have the right papers and washed his hair on the side of the road in China. Keoghan (pronounced KOH-gahn), a New Zealand native who lives in Los Angeles with his wife and daughter, begins his 13th season with "Race" tonight on CBS.

-- Nancy Palm

How many frequent-flier miles do you have?

I have three accounts with about half a million each. But I use my miles all the time. As fast as I fill them up, I'm using them.

What's in your carry-on bag?

I always travel with earplugs, an eye mask, noise-canceling headphones and my iPod. I always travel with my computer, a good book, a journal, some Sudoku and movies. . . . I really enjoy traveling because of the opportunity to escape communication. . . . I'm dreading that there may come a time when people are going to be allowed to use cellphones on planes. I think it's absolutely insane.

How do you think you'd do as one of the racers?

I have absolutely no desire to race around the world for a million dollars. It's not on my list of things to do before I die. . . . I enjoy watching these racers go around the world because I think it's unique for them. I like watching what they do and their reactions. I don't really want to subject myself to being under a microscope for 30-something days.

One of the things "The Amazing Race" is known for is its pretty challenging detours and roadblocks. Are these activities selected because of a certain fear a racer may have?

There have certainly been times -- because we know going into the race what people are afraid of -- where they end up facing those fears. But to me the best challenges are not necessarily things like bungee-jumping but the more indigenous challenges. Milking a camel, for instance. Pretty much all us can go bungee jumping somewhere. It's more predictable than finding out what happens when you take a bunch of Americans to Africa and ask them to milk a camel. That's so out there and so different that to me, the reactions, the television moments, are inherently more interesting.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/26/AR2008092600860_pf.html

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #161 on: October 14, 2008, 04:37:53 PM »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 14, 2008, 04:46:50 PM »
big philly styles is the man.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #163 on: October 17, 2008, 05:09:27 AM »
Check out Phil and a sneak peek of his Dad tomorrow on the Bonnie Hunt Show!

Times vary, so set your DVR's !!

CBS
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #164 on: October 17, 2008, 04:17:32 PM »
Phil on the Bonnie Hunt show

Phil was sad to see Mark & Bill go

Phil and Bonnie talk about Marks weight loss after seeing himself in the superhero costume

Phil talks about his dad being on the show this Sunday, the teams come in and dad says "Hi". They actually talked about the teams coming to his parents house for sconce and tea but the route did not allow them to go that way. So they came up with the idea of having his dad on the show, it was his Bday.

They stood in the paddock among sheep and sheep dung and after 10 hours his dad wanted to put a jacket on because it was getting cold and Phil told him no, it was continuity and his dad was like what? lol

they show a clip that you can see in this thread of Phil and dad at the pitstop

commercial and when they come back Bonnie says how great it is to meet Phil, Phil talks about his browsie, Bonnie shows Phil's book, they talk about the book, Phil's near death experience etc facing fears.

Phil talks about his experience on Password with Julie Chen, he was asked to be on by Les Moonves...his fear was that he would beat her. He fell on the floor when he got a question right and Regis poured water on his head. He was petrified

Phil says he hosted a show where he was naked for 3 days in a nudist colony!!
(The crowd cheers!)

Everyone in the audience gets a google map satellite tracker

Phil rings the bell, twice, for breast cancer

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #165 on: October 17, 2008, 06:48:25 PM »
'Amazing Race' host Phil Keoghan takes his father for a ride
Tyrone Warner, CTV.ca

The 13th season of The Amazing Race sends host Phil Keoghan to his homeland. And on Sunday night, viewers will see his father serving as the official greeter at the end of this leg.

"It was one of those moments in your life when you realize that it doesn't get much better than that," Keoghan tells CTV.ca. He was thrilled to see his father standing on the mat.

"I would never imagine in a million years he and I would be standing there."

On "The Amazing Race" teams tackle absurd challenges as they race around the world for their chance at a US$1 million prize. At the end of each episode, teams land on a mat at the finish line, where they are welcomed by a local greeter, then informed by Keoghan how they rated in the race.

The episode, entitled "I Wonder If They Like Blondes in New Zealand?" sees the racers leave South America for a whole new adventure on the other side of the world. Keoghan, who also serves as a producer on The Amazing Race, personally scouted the show's route through the country.

This is the show's third visit to the area and Keoghan knew that this time around he had to invite his father to be on the show.

"I've taken him on a number of adventures, and when I asked him, he couldn't get on a plane fast enough to get up there and be a part of it," says the host.

Last week self-professed geeks Mark Yturralde and Bill Kahler were eliminated in Bolivia.

"The Amazing Race," which won the Emmy for Outstanding Reality Competition for the sixth year in a row, airs Sunday nights on CTV.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/show/CTVShows/20081017/phil_new_zealand_081017/20081017/

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #166 on: October 17, 2008, 09:42:12 PM »
Phil eliminating Bonnie...

I bet he wishes he could say something like this to some of the real contestants occasionally...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #167 on: October 21, 2008, 09:11:48 AM »
Phil's Dad is a Hit!! :hearts:

Phil regretfully told them they were eliminated from the race but all was not lost as Phil’s dad offered them a big bear hug. He’s what this show needs. Now only if they would take him along to each and every pit stop and dress him up in that country’s native clothing. I can see him now in a matador costume saying, “Bienvenido a Espana. Soy el padre de Phil!” and wearing a beret with a greeting of “Bienvenue en France! Je suis le père de Phil!” One can never have enough Keoghan.

From this delightful recap
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #168 on: October 24, 2008, 11:08:56 PM »
VOTE for Phil!! :hearts:

Up for BEST OF TRAVEL & DINING IN TV NOMINEES

in the International Restaurant and Hotel Awards

Heeee...I don't know about the dining but :yess: for the TRAVEL!!

The Awards will be given Nov. 16th 2008 at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, home of the Golden Globe Awards.

http://irhawards.com/submit/vote1.php
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #169 on: October 25, 2008, 12:27:50 AM »
Audio interview with Phil!

http://www.thespiel.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/keoghan-241008.mp3

Phil Keoghan
Chris Lawrence | Audio on Demand, Features | October 24th, 2008

Chris talks to the multi emmy award winning presenter and director of the US reality show The Amazing Race.

The Spiel:

http://www.thespiel.co.nz/?p=841
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #170 on: October 27, 2008, 02:02:34 PM »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #171 on: October 27, 2008, 02:08:31 PM »
So as of 10/26 he was in LA still....so not racing yet!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #172 on: October 27, 2008, 02:33:16 PM »
So it would seem peach although a picture of Phil at the event would have been cherry.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #173 on: October 27, 2008, 02:36:14 PM »
Well it did say he hosted it, anyway...

I'm glad he didn't get tempted to shave his head! :ascared
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 27, 2008, 02:37:41 PM »
lmao,

i thought HE shaved his head for a second  :lol:

Bald phil at the starting line of TAR14! haha

I'm going to predict Tuesday November 4th as the starting date of TAR14