Author Topic: ongoing live feed commentary & chatter thread #4 (spoilers allowed)  (Read 563885 times)

Offline FNF

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: ongoing live feed commentary & chatter thread #4 (spoilers allowed)
« Reply #2400 on: September 12, 2007, 06:47:02 PM »
You know, we all have had a good season on this feed update board.

But, I have noticed that in the last 2 weeks thiis site has been invaded by a lot of malcontents who are making everything personal.

Almost all of them are Dickhead supporters.

I am not in charge of this site....I dont mind people having differing opinions, but if you are gonna emulate your hero's behavior by abusing people, calling names and just generally being disruptive, I personally think you should go find a playground to play in, if you are going to act so fricking childish!
:wtg: :ty3: :ty3: :ty3: :ty3:

Offline anotherNCbbfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2401 on: September 12, 2007, 06:49:29 PM »

But, I have noticed that in the last 2 weeks thiis site has been invaded by a lot of malcontents who are making everything personal.

I am not in charge of this site....I dont mind people having differing opinions, but if you are gonna emulate your hero's behavior by abusing people, calling names and just generally being disruptive, I personally think you should go find a playground to play in, if you are going to act so fricking childish!

I agree. I think differing points of view are great but to get all personal when someone disagrees with you is quite shallow and simple minded. I actually enjoy hearing other people's take on things & sometimes I even change the way I see things by listening to them.   ;D

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Watch out, I will chop you!!!
« Reply #2402 on: September 12, 2007, 06:50:45 PM »
 ???
if you read what I wrote, I am saying if you like what he has DONE (like how poeple think its just hilourous the things he has done to Jen, etc) then yes that is condoning his behavior JUST AS CBS has.

but  this is what you wrote
ANYONE who likes what he has done, basically abuses woman themselves.

I think that everything he has done was for TV.
Yes, I thought it was hilarious when he poured tea over Jens head.
Yes, you attacked me by saying that if I liked the way Dick has played the game, that  basically I abuse women.
 So yes, I did take offense that you would categorize, the entire audience, who likes Dick, and the way he played this game, to be abusive to women.

And by the way, I have never said that I HATE Zack or any other HGs!
Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth...AMEN..!!

Offline anotherNCbbfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2403 on: September 12, 2007, 06:58:49 PM »
I backed Dick in the beginning because he is older (& so am I) and I did think his over the top behavior was all for show and game. But he took it from entertaining to obnoxious & cruel.   I still won't be devastated if he wins but I am committed to rooting for the under dog (& since Zach was the last one chosen in gym class 20 years ago that makes him it) :lol:
I think I could have stayed on Dick's team  if he & Daniele had not become cozy  :lol: I kind of felt sorry for him and the loss of their relationship, but when I saw how whiney and babyfied she was, I kind of fell off the bandwagon :rotf:

I am a side changer and cannot seem to help it. :lol3:

I never really planned to hang in there because I thought those idiots would evict him before now :rotf:

Offline tweedle

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2404 on: September 12, 2007, 07:02:00 PM »
Is it wrong for us D&D fans to state that we like them? It seems that there are so many people here that say all the nasty things that Dick has done or that Dani is a whiner. Duh!!! Those may all be true, but we can't help it that we still like them! There were some HG that I did not like and they did some bad things, but I was not on here calling them out. I don't think there is anything wrong with some of us defending D&D.

We are all never going to agree on whether D&D are good or bad so all we can do is state our opinion.

Offline BBFan8

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2405 on: September 12, 2007, 07:04:32 PM »
anyone know the brands of dani's 2 hoodies? the new black&white one shes been wearing and the older white colorful one??

Offline mycroftbyers

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2406 on: September 12, 2007, 07:06:40 PM »

:ty3: :yourock:

Thank you for pointing that out...I have been a member for about a year now and I have always found this to be a very polite site which is why I enjoyed reading the forums so much...but it has gotten pretty rude lately rather than the conversational tone I'm used to.  :(
Gwalchfaen's Official Groupie

Offline dreamcatcher

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2407 on: September 12, 2007, 07:12:03 PM »

I agree. I think differing points of view are great but to get all personal when someone disagrees with you is quite shallow and simple minded. I actually enjoy hearing other people's take on things & sometimes I even change the way I see things by listening to them.   ;D
:yess:

Offline mycroftbyers

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2408 on: September 12, 2007, 07:14:53 PM »
Is it wrong for us D&D fans to state that we like them? It seems that there are so many people here that say all the nasty things that Dick has done or that Dani is a whiner. Duh!!! Those may all be true, but we can't help it that we still like them! There were some HG that I did not like and they did some bad things, but I was not on here calling them out. I don't think there is anything wrong with some of us defending D&D.

We are all never going to agree on whether D&D are good or bad so all we can do is state our opinion.
I don't think anyone is saying that it is wrong...I'm not...but some members use a rather combative style when posting...it feels more like they are hoping for an argument than wanting to share...not all D&D fans are like that...but there are a few who seem to just want to fight with anyone they can rope into it.

Offline anotherNCbbfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2409 on: September 12, 2007, 07:20:46 PM »
I think it is completely justified to call the HG out on the forum for doing things that you don't like. Afterall they will spend the next year reading what we said about them. :lol:
I think the observation is, for example... if I say I like Jameka because she is religious...you can say you think she is stupid but you shouldn't say I am stupid for liking her  :angel:

So if I have offended anyone I apologize and if you have offended me I will pray for you ;D

Offline FNF

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2410 on: September 12, 2007, 07:22:51 PM »
I know this is irrelevent now but just something to think about..

What if Zach were to give the competition to Dick last night and then Zach Beat Dani today in the 2nd part...

(I know its a long shot but)

Then Zach would have faced Dick instead of Dani in part 3..

ok heres the question..
Would Zach have had a better chance of winning that way than going up against Dani who it seems to dominate the question competitions ?

Offline anotherNCbbfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2411 on: September 12, 2007, 07:26:34 PM »
I know this is irrelevent now but just something to think about..

What if Zach were to give the competition to Dick last night and then Zach Beat Dani today in the 2nd part...

(I know its a long shot but)

Then Zach would have faced Dick instead of Dani in part 3..

ok heres the question..
Would Zach have had a better chance of winning that way than going up against Dani who it seems to dominate the question competitions ?

Interesting. I was trying to play that scenario out in my head earlier but was too tired to figure it out.  That miight have been the way to go which is probably what he is thinking while laying  on the bed staring at that rock 

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Watch out, I will chop you!!!
« Reply #2412 on: September 12, 2007, 07:26:42 PM »
 ???  Very good question, statigically your right, he might have had a better chance with the questions against Dick,  It would be a hard decision though, to give up a comp.
Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth...AMEN..!!

Offline Devils7

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2413 on: September 12, 2007, 07:27:13 PM »
do you think that they will show us part 2 of HOH comp? They did lastnight, but I was curious on if they will tonight.  Any idea?

Offline tweedle

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2414 on: September 12, 2007, 07:27:48 PM »
I think it is completely justified to call the HG out on the forum for doing things that you don't like. Afterall they will spend the next year reading what we said about them. :lol:
I think the observation is, for example... if I say I like Jameka because she is religious...you can say you think she is stupid but you shouldn't say I am stupid for liking her  :angel:

So if I have offended anyone I apologize and if you have offended me I will pray for you ;D

:lol: Right on anNCbbfan!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #2415 on: September 12, 2007, 07:29:47 PM »
I think the observation is, for example... if I say I like Jameka because she is religious...you can say you think she is stupid but you shouldn't say I am stupid for liking her  :angel:

Gee I was just going to post but I like what you have said so I'll use it! Thanks!

This is a fun site, let's keep it fun!  How about this for a compromise. If you hate someone, start a new thread, if you love someone, start a new thread or find an existing one so we don't have a thousand threads to read through.)  Let's leave this one to discuss the feeds and happenings in the house.

Everyone here has an opinion and a favorite person to root for that's why it is a game and they have the right to have their opinion respected. 

I'm going to be watching this board more closely and that's a promise.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline lilduke

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2416 on: September 12, 2007, 07:32:30 PM »
Last night I was going to post something along the lines of what AlbertHodges posted today, but decided just to bite my tongue. Now I feel I should. I agree that in this specific thread, there is a lot of flame throwing and name calling and assuming. It was not this way before. In fact one of the things that drew me to this board was how nice everyone was to each other and how it was just a big community of people who enjoy the same show, like talking about it and making jokes about it, but now it has turned into something very different. I don't think it's necessarily from just people who support Dick. In fact I think it's prett evenly spread from those who support him and those who don't.

I think people are confusing expressing opinions with flame throwing. For those of you who do not like Dick because of his actions towards others, that doesn't mean that you should insult those who do like Dick. By saying rude things about his supporters, aren't you in a way doing the same thing that he is? I'm not saying you are pouring tea over anyone else's head or blowing smoke in their faces, but you are intentionally attacking them. And those of you who support Dick should not be rude to those who don't just because they feel differently than you do. It's something we all learned in elementary school. Just be nice to each other. There is no need to attack anyone over the internet because you have a difference of opinion. And believe me, what you guys are doing is attacking each other, not just expressing your opinions back and forth. This board works because people have different opinions about what's going on in the game. It's what makes it fun. But the fun stops when people start fighting over their differences of opinion.

I have tried to stay out of this whole Dick fight because I think it's completely silly and thought it would end a long time ago. I figured the moderators would have put an end to it (I am in NO WAY saying the moderators are not doing their jobs). Also there are just more important things in this world to focus on (like Michelle Williams' kidnapping and brutal attack... or the fact that I am about to be hit by a storm with the gayest name I have ever heard.. HUMBERTO!).

So maybe we can all start now so that our last week of the season can be a pleasant one and we can all focus on what we originally came here to focus on -- our love of this show, this game, and being in a happy community once again. If not I guess I will just continue to stick to the live feeds (where I can only post during showtime  :() and completely ignore this thread from now on.

Well, except when I have to remind GrandmawLily to put down her bong.  :rotf:

Offline anotherNCbbfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2417 on: September 12, 2007, 07:37:21 PM »
ok so who supports me in getting CBS to do a BB with all old farts. None of the pretty people. No workout equipment..filming only from the waist up..no slop instead you have to eat canned spaghetti. No swear words allowed other than the basic staples of everyday language..(the George Carlin ones) :lol3:

I know this is off topic but it won't be if you consider that in the event this happens I could technically be on the live feed in the future.

Offline mycroftbyers

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2418 on: September 12, 2007, 07:41:10 PM »
ok so who supports me in getting CBS to do a BB with all old farts. None of the pretty people. No workout equipment..filming only from the waist up..no slop instead you have to eat canned spaghetti. No swear words allowed other than the basic staples of everyday language..(the George Carlin ones) :lol3:

I know this is off topic but it won't be if you consider that in the event this happens I could technically be on the live feed in the future.

A 55+ house!!! My granny made the Christian Coalition look like a horde of devil worshipping anarchists....she'd be the craziest house guest ever...where can I sign her up?  :lol3:  :rotf:

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2419 on: September 12, 2007, 07:44:18 PM »
If they have an "old fart" version, maybe they should retweak that so that it's a version where it's a bunch of big people or people who just don't care about what they look like. No more two or three models in the house-type thing. If they want "real" people, then just look on America's streets! I would be perfect for the 2009 season, if they're looking for someone who's real. There is nothing fake about me. I don't see why I'm not a perfect housemate!

Now why are they still referencing the blue ball Veto competition for the one week in one day show?
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline anotherNCbbfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2420 on: September 12, 2007, 07:47:37 PM »
If they have an "old fart" version, maybe they should retweak that so that it's a version where it's a bunch of big people or people who just don't care about what they look like. No more two or three models in the house-type thing. If they want "real" people, then just look on America's streets! I would be perfect for the 2009 season, if they're looking for someone who's real. There is nothing fake about me. I don't see why I'm not a perfect housemate!

Now why are they still referencing the blue ball Veto competition for the one week in one day show?
See we have 3 or 4 contestants for them already....! It will work. I can't tell you much about me because I plan to be the twist!  :snicker:

The blueball thing is Dick's issue  :rotf: That came out funny!

But he is rehashing how things would have been if that veto would have gone differently. You know how he gets when things don't go the way he wanted. (I try to understand because he is kind of older) ;D

Offline tweedle

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2421 on: September 12, 2007, 07:50:08 PM »
What if they had people in their 50's and then the twist was that they brought in people in their 30's a week later. Oh wait that was already done!....Whoops....it wasn't on cbs, though! :lol:

Offline mycroftbyers

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2422 on: September 12, 2007, 07:52:58 PM »
How about filling the house with people for whom apathy is a way of life...the core of their being.  Think of all the plotting and fighting that won't happen. :rotf:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #2423 on: September 12, 2007, 07:58:16 PM »
Note: Big Brother All-Stars Howie and Kaysar for a LIVE Chat tonight at 9 p.m. ET (6 PT) only on SuperPass!

Real Play is hosting a live chat tonight, we'll cover it for you, not sure just where though.  :tup: (Starts shortly, we can see them preparing.)
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline dreamcatcher

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2424 on: September 12, 2007, 07:59:00 PM »
How about filling the house with people for whom apathy is a way of life...the core of their being.  Think of all the plotting and fighting that won't happen. :rotf:
  :lol3: :rotf: :lol: