Author Topic: My Daughter Auditioned in Atlanta  (Read 10352 times)

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
My Daughter Auditioned in Atlanta
« on: August 16, 2007, 11:22:14 AM »
Hey guys!!!

I thought ya'll might be interested in reading about my oldest daughter's American Idol audition in Atlanta this week. She unfortunately didn't make the cut, but still had lots of fun, and wants to try out again next season!!!  :dancer:

The registration days were on Sunday and Monday, but because of some special happenings at church on Sunday, we (Mrs Tanbuns and myself, both of our daughters, and our grandson) could not drive down to Atlanta until Sunday evening. We checked into the hotel around midnight, knowing that we weren't going get much sleep if we were make it to the Ga. Dome by 5am.

Each contestant was allowed to bring only one person to the audition, and both had to register and receive arm bands. So my youngest daughter (Whitney) was going to register and enjoy the experience with her older sister (Lacey). I was going to walk in with them as far as they would let me.

I fully expected there to be a huge line waiting to register, but was surprised to see no lline at all. They told us that for the first time, registration had been around the clock for the 48 hours, meaning that we could have come on at midnight and registered. Here is a picture of them, with their armbands. Lacey is on the left with the purple armband.

When we arrived at the Ga. Dome at 5am on audition day Tuesday, there was already a long line waiting to get in. BTW, the time was not right on my daughter's camera.

My daughter's estimated that close to 15,000 auditioned, since the lower section of the 80,000 seat Ga. Dome was full of contestants and friends.

The auditons did not get started until nearly noon. Before that, they did lots of recordings of "Welcome to Hotlanta", "Season 7 of American Idol starts in Atlanta", and also taught and recorded them singing the city song, "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing" otherwise known as "The Coke Song"!!! They called us one time so excited, when Ryan Seacrest made an appearance welcoming everone to the auditions. (Those pictures didn't turn out very good)

They said it was like an icebox inside the dome, so they spent a lot of time outside. They called us, and said that there were lots of people hanging around outside who weren't wearing armbands, so we decided to go hang out too. While out there, a news crew was interviewing some of the early ones to make it through. One was a set of twins, who had made it pretty far in an earlier season. Here is a picture of them with the girls.

We also got a picture with Season 6 11th place finisher Brandon Rogers, who was there working for the TV Guide channel.

We made lots of pictures with those who either made it through, or we predicted would make it through. This girl, Blair Mosingo, was an early one to make it.

]

Before they auditioned (still wearing their purple armbands) we predicted that these two would make it, because of their outrageous outfits.

Blake wanted the FOX cameraman in the picture too.

BTW, both the SheMale and the Beauty Queen did make it through.
Others to make it .....

This guy was really nice. His name was Torey.

Here is a group of six who made it. This was the third time trying for the girl on lower right in red stripes. Her name was Genevieve

Both of these girls made it.

All three of these guys made it.

Finally around 7pm, it was my daughter's turn to audition. They auditioned on the field, at one of several tables.

My daughter didn't make it through this time. She said that they cut some really good singers. People in the stadium would boo the judges sometimes when they did not keep a really good singer.

If the larger pictures mess up the margins for anyone, let me know and I will try to edit them.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 06:34:34 PM by tanbuns »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: My Daughter Auditioned in Atlanta
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 06:00:34 PM »
Thank you for sharing Tanny  :jumpy: ! Sorry they did not make the cut,,boy oh boy did America ever miss out on these beauties :naughty:. Blake is a lady killer, bet he takes after his grandpa  ;) :kuss:

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 06:50:23 PM »
Thanks, puddin!!!

Also, if you want to see some pictures that the American Idol folks made, go here ..... http://www.printroom.com/ViewGalleryPhoto.asp?userid=americanidol&gallery_id=800084&image_id=3

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 01:39:23 AM »
Yeah! Thanks for sharing with us, Tanny!  Wow, how exciting!  :jumpy:  Your daughters are beautiful and what a cutie little grandson you have. :tup: :hugs: Cool he & the girls could be in the pics with potential winners and what if one of them does become the next AI!  Your photos will be collector's items!
I'm sorry Lacey didn't make it, but I bet she will next year.  :yess: 

So they have preliminary auditions at tables in the stadium to determine the ones who audition for Simon, Paula and Randy, right? 

Thanks again, Tanny!  :hugs:

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 08:18:02 AM »
Thank you Ruday!!!  :kuss:  It will be fun watching to see how far some of these people that we met make it!!!  :dancer:

The way I understand the process, they have the preliminary auditions at the tables. Then if you make it past that round, they make you audition again in front of some American Idol higher ups. I have heard that one of them is Nigle Lithgow. Then if you make it past there, they let you audition in front of the Big Three!!!

I don't remember if I said or not, but one girl that made it through this first round told us that round two wasn't going to be until October, but she couldn't tell us where.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 11:19:59 AM »
ya the same thing works for us in Canada...there were like 2 or 3 rounds prior to the real judges.

cool that people get to audition in front of Nigel Lithgow!! I'd love to meet that man...he has so much to say makes me laugh
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 11:37:00 PM »
CJ, I love Nigel Lithgow!!  :kuss: :hugs:  He's not only handsome, but seems to be a really nice guy...kind and tenderhearted.  And when he has to get tough with the contestants, he does it with tact, and gets his point across without being rude.  (unlike another judge with initials Simon Cowell!  :lol: )

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 12:01:42 AM »
Thank you Ruday!!!  :kuss:  It will be fun watching to see how far some of these people that we met make it!!!  :dancer:
Y/W Tanny!  :hrt:  Yes, AI will really be fun for all of us, esp if you keep us updated on the contestants you met!  :yess: 

I don't remember if I said or not, but one girl that made it through this first round told us that round two wasn't going to be until October, but she couldn't tell us where.
Maybe you could contact someone in charge who knows?  ???

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 11:13:35 AM »

She said they told her all she could tell people, was that it was in October, but not exactly when or where. I guess it must be because as they get further into the process, they want to try and keep as much of who makes it as secret as possible.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 07:11:42 PM »

She said they told her all she could tell people, was that it was in October, but not exactly when or where. I guess it must be because as they get further into the process, they want to try and keep as much of who makes it as secret as possible.
Sounds logical!  :js:  (but I wanna know NOW! :lol: )

Offline gammonwoman2

• " Will's honey woman "
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 09:08:16 PM »
absolutely awsome, tan!!!!!  :kuss:  your daughters are so beautiful, and your grandson is a true honey man, just like his grandfather!! :wohoo:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2007, 11:18:36 PM »
AHEM! I just have one thing to add....

Someone came to Atlanta ---and didn't call me?? :o

Never again, right? :lol: 

Sooner or later all of y'all are going to at least change planes here (whether you are going to heaven or hell you will change planes in Atlanta...) :plane:

and I'll eventually get to meet all of you in person!   :happy:

« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 01:53:46 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 12:22:19 AM »
Sooner or later all of y'all are going to at least change planes here (whether you are going to heaven or hell you wiil change planes in Atlanta...) :plane:   :lol:
and I'll eventually get to meet all of you in person!   :happy:
  :-*
When I'm heading for the Big Sky, I promise to look you up first, peach!  :hugs:

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 06:18:07 AM »
Gammy!!! Good to FINALLY hear from you again!!!  :kuss: Thank you for the kind words!!!

Georgiapeach ...... I am only about 2 hours north of you!!! Maybe someone can plan an RFF get-together or something!!!  :yess:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2007, 02:37:00 PM »
Rudy---let's not wait THAT long! :rotf:

And tanbuns--I'm game! Our own southern TARcon!  Or maybe at Kelley's Rai$ing Race in SC this fall?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2007, 02:04:09 PM »
How neat Tanbuns!! I'm sorry that your daughter didn't make it, maybe next year!  :tup:

Y'all got some GREAT shots. It will be exciting to see if any make it to the show!
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2007, 05:56:12 PM »
Rudy---let's not wait THAT long! :rotf:
:lol3:  Ok peach!  :rotf:  Yeah, hope that day's a lonnng ways off!  ;D

Kiwi Jay

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2007, 01:08:00 PM »
Nice I was just looking through the pics

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2007, 10:42:44 AM »
WOW great Pics!!  That is a great memory that she will have that she tired.  Good Luck next time.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2007, 12:23:58 PM »
Nice I was just looking through the pics

Hi Jay! I haven't had a chance to say Welcome to RFF.. so.. Welcome!! Glad you found us!

:hiya :welcome3: :hiya
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2008, 09:48:55 AM »
For those who do not remember, my oldest daughter tried out for American Idol in Atlanta. Although she did not make it through, she and her younger sister did have lots fun and made some friends. And I got to take lots of pictures of some of the one's that made it through. Although not all of them were shown on the show, several of them were shown in little clips here and there. Two of them actually made it in to see Randy, Paula, and Simon. Neither made it to Hollywood.

This girl is the one who slipped and fell down during her audition (on purpose ?) and was one of many who argued with Simon about how she sang. But in the end she said she still loved him. Here she is pictured with my grandson Blake!

They also showed this guy. When they told him that he couldn't sing, he just could not believe, and thought they were kidding him. He is the one on the left.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2008, 10:07:28 AM »
I thougth of you when we watched the Atlanta auditions.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2008, 04:48:48 PM »
Yeah, I thought of you too, Tans, while watching AI.  Even if your daughters didn't make it, it was a cool experience for all of you!!  :yess:
------------------
In your post above, only the dang red x's show! 
Does anyone else see photos?  ???

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2008, 09:25:58 PM »
I see photos Rudy--

I can do a screenshot if you still can't see them--let me know!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2008, 03:16:20 AM »
Oh that would be great, peach.  Thanks! :hugs: