Author Topic: Eric?!? *spoilers*  (Read 3582 times)

Offline Devils7

• RFF Jr. Member
Eric?!? *spoilers*
« on: August 09, 2007, 09:42:36 AM »
i missed the whole conversation with Dustin and Amber and how its a "numbers" thing, etc ...  honestly, do you really think that Amber will change her mind and have Dustin keep Eric after all that has happened???  I know that there's a lot of back-and-forth, but do you REALLY think that they'll keep Eric?

I sure as hell hope not! 
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 11:05:42 AM by puddin »

Offline God

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: Eric?!?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 10:26:47 AM »
do you REALLY think that they'll keep Eric?

I sure as hell hope not! 

Are you kidding? The show gets boring as hell w/o Eric. I mean, what if LNC goes back to cutting down Kail, Jen, and Zach one by one? That's three weeks of monotony. Our only chance would be if D/D target Dustin, do another Nick-Eric and convince everyone that Dustin is the real mastermind manipulating everyone and playing both sides, etc., etc., but people might not go for it if they cry wolf a third week in a row. On the other hand with boring-as-hell Kail gone, D/D at war with Eric, clueless Jen and Zach as swing voters, and the rest of LNC on Eric's side but still convinced he's a liar, the plot gets very, very thick.
So help me, Me.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: Eric?!? *spoilers*
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 05:36:13 PM »
God, since you know everything, I wish you would explain the psychosis of a person who immediately jumps to the worst conclusion about why something is happening to HIM, (Eric, which, of course you knew that.)

If I immediately started saying that I felt that people thought I was a piece of $hit or worse, it would be because either I am horribly depressed or else I had low self esteem and THINK that I am a piece of $hit. Eric immediately starts demeaning himself and assumes the worst motives directed towards him personally. (At the same time, he has NO problem attributing the utmost evilness as motives to another person or a group he perceives as a threat.) Worse still he continually says he tells the truth, never lies, but everyone else lies, when of course he IS the lair. 

If you could clear up that confusion for me, I'd appreciate it.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 05:46:24 PM »
i missed the whole conversation with Dustin and Amber and how its a "numbers" thing, etc ...  honestly, do you really think that Amber will change her mind and have Dustin keep Eric after all that has happened???  I know that there's a lot of back-and-forth, but do you REALLY think that they'll keep Eric?

I sure as hell hope not! 

I have to tell you Devils7, when you said you sure as hell hope not.. I had to laugh.  :sera: (And then God answers!)

Welcome to RFF!

:welcome: :hiya :welcome:

Offline God

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 06:13:16 PM »
God, since you know everything, I wish you would explain the psychosis of a person who immediately jumps to the worst conclusion about why something is happening to HIM, (Eric, which, of course you knew that.)

If I immediately started saying that I felt that people thought I was a piece of $hit or worse, it would be because either I am horribly depressed or else I had low self esteem and THINK that I am a piece of $hit. Eric immediately starts demeaning himself and assumes the worst motives directed towards him personally. (At the same time, he has NO problem attributing the utmost evilness as motives to another person or a group he perceives as a threat.) Worse still he continually says he tells the truth, never lies, but everyone else lies, when of course he IS the lair. 

Eric is neurotic not psychotic. He puts a tremendous value on what other people think of him and is quick to perceive a fall in other people's estimation of him and diligently tries to rehabilitate himself in their eyes. He is an overly social chatterbox, which is the source of both his charm and his annoyingness. His parents berated him excessively as a child when he was bad, and when he was good lavished too much praise on him and then told him he could have done better. Eric was never good enough for his parents. He needs the approval of everyone he respects, is overly social about maintaining it, and overly self-examines everything he does.

Dick is psychotic, not neurotic. He rationalizes things so that he can see the world in a way that makes him the good guy while he pursues his own desires. Nick was an impediment to his relationship with Danielle, so Nick became the enemy requiring elimination. Once Nick was gone, Dick made Nick a saint for the sake of Danielle, and Eric became the enemy for Danielle's sake, and because D/D were at the bottom of the LNC pecking order. Dick is anti-social: he creates his own world so that he can be the good guy in it while still pursuing his self-oriented desires. If you don't fit into his world, he casts you out as Evil. He calls himself Evil Dick not because he ever sees himself as evil, but because, in his mind, he is the only one with the power to name Evil and to justify the violent expiation of it. Dick does not lie to other people: he lies to himself, believes himself, then imposes those beliefs on others.
So help me, Me.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 06:32:48 PM »
Interesting. I hadn't thought about Eric quite that way. (I can't stand him but it does make sense to me.)

I believe you hit it with Dick as well, although I hadn't considered him psychotic, I do know that what you said about Nick being an impediment in his relationship with Daniele is the way I perceived as well, so that Dani would no one but Dick.

Quite interesting. Thanks for the comments.

Offline mattus

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 06:38:36 PM »

Eric is neurotic not psychotic. He puts a tremendous value on what other people think of him and is quick to perceive a fall in other people's estimation of him and diligently tries to rehabilitate himself in their eyes. He is an overly social chatterbox, which is the source of both his charm and his annoyingness. His parents berated him excessively as a child when he was bad, and when he was good lavished too much praise on him and then told him he could have done better. Eric was never good enough for his parents. He needs the approval of everyone he respects, is overly social about maintaining it, and overly self-examines everything he does.

Dick is psychotic, not neurotic. He rationalizes things so that he can see the world in a way that makes him the good guy while he pursues his own desires. Nick was an impediment to his relationship with Danielle, so Nick became the enemy requiring elimination. Once Nick was gone, Dick made Nick a saint for the sake of Danielle, and Eric became the enemy for Danielle's sake, and because D/D were at the bottom of the LNC pecking order. Dick is anti-social: he creates his own world so that he can be the good guy in it while still pursuing his self-oriented desires. If you don't fit into his world, he casts you out as Evil. He calls himself Evil Dick not because he ever sees himself as evil, but because, in his mind, he is the only one with the power to name Evil and to justify the violent expiation of it. Dick does not lie to other people: he lies to himself, believes himself, then imposes those beliefs on others.

Wow,you ARE god :hithere: :tup:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 06:54:57 PM »
God is wise :sera:  :jam:

Offline Goremasher

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 07:27:44 PM »
This whole thing that is happening to Eric is Big Brothers fault.  If America was privvy to the info the house guests got when we put in our votes, Eric would not have voted Kail two weeks in a row.  Had he not voted Kail he would not be in this postion.  Big Brother should have let Eric decide if he was going to listen to america, or have the votes streamed in live so as we qwatch we can change our opions.  Anyways thats my two cents.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 07:30:14 PM »
Welcome to the boards Goremasher!

I agree, those votes for Kail changed the game for Eric, but it also setup Nick to leave, which was good (in my opinion anyway), but this has really screwed Eric!

Offline Just_Visiting

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2007, 07:44:22 PM »
WOW!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 08:35:12 PM »
I'm tired of the ploy of America's Player. Enough already.

Welcome to RFF GoreMasher!!
:welcome2: :welcome2: :welcome2: