Author Topic: Amber getting in trouble for jewish remarks  (Read 2599 times)

Offline cherrypeep

• RFF Frantic Poster
Amber getting in trouble for jewish remarks
« on: August 08, 2007, 03:09:42 PM »
just saw this on tmz.com....

"Big Brother" Shiksa Learns Jews Have Jewish Names
Posted Aug 8th 2007 11:59AM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: TV

Relations between Israel and the "Big Brother" house are strained today, after a somewhat anti-Semitic rant from crybaby housemate Amber hit the Internet this week. Oy vey!

Where to begin, already? First of all, Amber said the majority of Jews she knows are "selfish." She then went on to say that her mom and sister explained to her that one can tell who is Jewish based on "their last name" and "by their nose." Gevalt! Amber then proceeded to tell a story about a selfish waitress she worked with who turned out to be ... wait for it ... Jewish! Didn't see that one coming! A shonda!

Jameka, who was on the receiving end of Amber's deep thoughts, reminded Amber that she shouldn't make blanket statements like that. "Yeah, you're right," Amber replied. "There is so much to think about." Most of which, it would seem, Amber has avoided thus far. Shmendrik.

William S. Paley, Ukrainian Jew, was largely responsible for the rise of the CBS network.

UPDATE: Abraham Foxman, National Director of the Anti-Defamation League tells TMZ: "It's offensive. It's part of the unintended consequences of the communications revolution. Anybody can say what they do - but reality shows are now giving license to these expressions of anti-Semitism. Now, all of a sudden the world is privy to their bigotry and its on national television... then enhanced on YouTube. What they've done is distributed anti-semitism - which started as a private conversation - and by putting it on a reality tv show broadcast it to the world at large. I want CBS to understand they are facilitating anti-semitism. They should act responsibly to the community; they are legitimizing bigoted conversation."

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
Re: Amber getting in trouble for jewish remarks
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 03:40:05 PM »
You know what, people say stuff they shouldn't all the time. I am so tired of this politically correct stuff. So what if Amber is dumb and doesn't understand Jewish people. You don't hear Christians complaining about Dick. They just know that Dick is stupid and don't get Christians, and they get over it, and the people who complain need to get over it too. The people speaking, I bet are not speaking for the majority of the Jewish community, because most of them feel the same way, she is stupid and left it at that.

Anyway, end rant! LOL

Rob

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 03:48:55 PM »
Video, its not Ambers fault, its the way she was raised! LOL blame her sister :

Offline cherrypeep

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 04:04:02 PM »
i agree with you Rob (and by the way I love your show, listen all the time to you and trevor)   :waves:
Amber just doesnt realize what she is saying, just like Kail and her comment about gay people, i am shocked that it didnt end up on TMZ or Perez Hilton. :lol3:

Offline whend

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 05:04:19 PM »
I recall Amber had her gay remarks after Dustin took the trip and the money."They(meaning gays)are only out for themselves"or something along those lines,again pearls of wisdom gleaned from her sister.What scares me is that Amber knows she's being watched 24/7 so I think we are seeing the politically correct side of her.I don't know if she's just a complete idiot or a total scumbag or both,at any rate she makes me sick.
Dick is a loudmouth bully and makes me ill as well.Big deal,he says whats on his mind.So what.If he could do it without raising his voice,hurling insults and getting in peoples faces I may respect him.If he would let the person he's attacking at the moment get a word in we may hear somebody else telling it like it is too.

Offline God

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 05:37:57 PM »
There are different levels of anti-Semitism. She's mildly bigoted, but it's not like Amber's a KKK "Jews are the devil" type. As likeable and sincere and empathetic and people-smart as Amber can be, she's shown a lot of un-worldly kind of ignorance. Remember when Jameka had to explain to her the definitions of "adultery" and "ridicule"? I mean, damn. Nothing against someone for not reading a lot of books, but Jesus Christ...she's a little pathetic.

I say: Jew schmoo, Eric is still My Chosen Person.
So help me, Me.

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 07:01:52 PM »
Unfortunately the problem with this season and these people is that it has become far too personal. And it is turning me off because I have never seen people be this mean to each other this show.

Offline kc

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Sunny Day
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 01:53:43 AM »
the thing is if anyone said something negative about being a single parent she would be all  :'( :'( :'( and having an issue with it, so why does she think its OK for her to judge other people?  Didn't i see her on the very first show praying to GOD?? and claiming to be Christian?  well to the best of my knowledge the only one who is suppose to do the judging of people is GOD himself.

Offline mattus

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 07:22:27 AM »
Amber has repeatedly proven herself to be a bigot.
What surprises me is it didn't seem to bother Jameka at all...