Author Topic: Big Brother Banner Pilot Ordered to Cease and Desist  (Read 2168 times)

Offline Danna

• BB Live Feed Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Big Brother Banner Pilot Ordered to Cease and Desist
« on: August 06, 2007, 03:46:41 PM »
just read this on tmz.com :

The producers of the CBS reality show "Big Brother" have grounded a pilot they say planned on ruining the show.

Lawyers for Endemol USA Inc. sent a cease and desist letter to Jerry Hider of Blue Yonder Air, to stop him from flying his plane over the "Big Brother" house. According to Endemol, Hider was planning a flyover carrying a message that told the other players in the house that Eric is "America's Player" -- essentially ruining part of the game.

Endemol alleges that by doing this, Hider's proposed actions would violate a "tort of intentional interference of an advantageous business relationship" -- or, in layman's terms, "Dude, don't ruin the game!"

Hider alleges that he's not trying to ruin the game, and that he was simply paid to do a job. The peeved pilot wouldn't release the name of the person who has been hiring him to make "Big Brother"-related runs, but said that up until now he, CBS and Endemol enjoyed "a symbiotic relationship." In 2001, Endemol even produced a story about the banner operation.

In a statement to TMZ, CBS says: "It's always great to have fans that are this engaged and passionate about 'Big Brother.' However, we also need to protect the integrity of the competition, which does not allow any outside influence on the houseguests who are sequestered from the public broadcast and therefore unaware of some of the secret twists in the show."

Is Hider going to try to fight Endemol and CBS? Not likely. He told us "If I had a bunch of attorneys I would fight this, but it's not worth my time."

If you go to tmz theres a link to the cease and decist letter too....
pretty wild....
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 04:27:56 PM by Danna »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: Big Brother Banner Pilot Ordered to Cease and Desist
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 06:26:27 PM »
It seems that someone was planning to have a banner fly over saying Eric is America's Player.  :lol:

Good job on finding this!  :tup:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 06:27:51 PM »
Everyone would go ape**** if they saw the banner.

When was the banner supposed to fly? During the endurance competition? Perfect timing to fly something over the house...
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline Just_Visiting

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 01:37:15 PM »
Everyone would go ape**** if they saw the banner.

When was the banner supposed to fly? During the endurance competition? Perfect timing to fly something over the house...

They already saw one banner and if Eric is evicted this week, it won't make a difference anyways.