Author Topic: Not a very exciting season  (Read 3601 times)

Offline whend

• RFF Sr. Member
Not a very exciting season
« on: July 26, 2007, 09:49:50 AM »
Is it just me or does this season seem to fall flat compared to the last two?I just can't get into it like I used to.I haven't gotten the feeds yet,I'm planning on the 14 day trial in a couple of days,but I didn't get them season 6 and I was borderline obsessed that year.Anybody else feeling this way?

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
Re: Not a very exciting season
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 10:21:26 AM »
I disagree, though I loved season 6 this one has just as much in it to love. All-Stars was more nostalgic, so I don't count that one. Season three was also good, especially with Marcellas' stupid mistake. This season is fun to watch all the drama, crazy Jen, power-mad Dick, Whiney Amber, Scheming Kail, Hilarious Eric, and all the rest. I love the season so far.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline whend

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 10:34:56 AM »
Hopefully my outlook will change after I get the feeds-I just don't love anybody as much as I did Kaysar,Janie and Howie and I can't muster up the hatred I had for the Nerd Herd.
And if not,I guess maybe thats not such a bad thing.I'll be able to be entertained without taking things to heart so much!

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 12:39:59 PM »
ok i was wondering what Evel was talking about.  Marcellas' mistake was what.....

i didn't watch season 3
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 12:41:25 PM »
As far as I recall, Marcellas was on the 'block' and won POV. He refused to use the POV on himself because he was told he was safe, and was then voted out.
Dumb move Marcellas, dumb move.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 01:08:55 PM »
hahahahahahh

:wtg: :lolmao:
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 01:51:47 PM »
Yea. Would you agree the dumbest Big Brother mistake?

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 11:20:42 AM »
They are saying now the dumbest move was what Mike did. I think Mike knew he was going either way (think about it, Jen was obviously going to stand up there longer then Dick and straighter so her glass didnt fall). So by intimidating Dick he proved that he could stand up to him where as the others couldn't/wouldn't. Kwim?

I started watching season 4 (thank you mom) LOL!!! I liked all stars just because well alot of people knew going into the game how people were. Ya know?

Im really unsure with this season, and I don't know why. The whole AP thing is driving me INSANE. Sure the mustard thing was funny, and things like that but I dunno how I feel about Eric voting for America. It hasn't made its impact yet. He didn't convince people to vote out Kail, etc. And I agree with Zach on the whole "we don't have our brothers/sisters/parents here". Ya know? Daniele and Dick may be 'enemies' but blood is blood and nobody else has that in the house. JMO!

Offline Seanaci

• RFF Full Member
    • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 01:22:33 PM »
Have to agree...there hasn't be a whole lot of excitement per se, though there has been a lot of drama and back/front stabbing going on for it being so early in the season.

I'm enjoying the season...some nights...other nights, not so much.

And I have a question, on another forum I am on, someone said Eric can't win...while she didn't specify what he couldn't win, we're curious. Some of us think she was talking about HoH...while other's think it's the game as a whole.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 01:28:17 PM »
Good question, though I don't recall ever hearing he wasn't allowed to win anything. Might answer why he seemingly screwed himself out of HOH.

Offline kc

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Sunny Day
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2007, 03:05:41 PM »
I find it hard to believe that they would make it so he cant win.  First if you couldnt win the game why would you want to be americas choice?  plus are we trying to help him win?  second i think for cbs it would be good for them if he won cause they they would make the america's choice question what 2 hg we wanted him to nonimate.  but for him it would be in his best interest to not win cause we could decided we wanted him to nonimate someone completely different then what he has been talking to the other hg about and it could be hard to explain.  If i was in his position i too would have make sure i didnt win the HOH.

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2007, 07:43:54 PM »
I don't see why it would be a rule that he couldn't win. If he makes it to the F2 its not like their going to have an "automatic" winner. But don't see that happening so it won't really matter. They might do something like if he ends up completing 10 tasks and thats 20,000.00 in his pocket they could possibly deduct it from his full winnings kwim? Like if he did make to the F2 as Americas Player he won't get that $. Then again, they are going to have to tell the jury sometime and I don't see them voting for him if they know!!

Im thinking he can't win HOH - hence why he gave it to Kail in the first week. Because then we as America choose to put up who we want. What if we chose say Jameka anddddddd Jessica ya know? Hows he going to explain that.

Offline brainshart

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2007, 04:38:57 AM »
Im really unsure with this season, and I don't know why. The whole AP thing is driving me INSANE. Sure the mustard thing was funny, and things like that but I dunno how I feel about Eric voting for America.

The way I see it, America choosing his actions is CBS's way of controlling the game right out in the open. They can carefully edit footage to basically get who THEY want voted for, given that almost everybody gets CBS and Shotime 2 is a subscription channel on a network that is basically total crap, not to mention the live feeds that require a subscription and putting that accursed Real Player on your poor computer. There's enough viewers that will absorb whatever the Big Brother producers throw at them without watching After Dark and getting a better perspective, and voting for Eric's actions based on that. Certain people get a boost simply because they are the ones featured in an episode while people like Mike, Jessica, etc. are rarely featured. If Mike didn't confront Dick, you'd never know he was in the house to begin with based on CBS's editing. I can't wait to see if Dick is ever a target for him to try and get nominated. That would stir things up like crazy.

Anyways, if Eric makes it to the final two, there will be claims he had an unfair advantage. Earning money along the way, getting at least a 2nd place prize, and having inside information the whole time via how American's wanted him to vote or who to mess with or who to nominate. Things like public opinion of people based on diary room sessions, which by coincidence they talked about tonight on BBAD...about how they are 100% private during the stay in the house.

You raise a good point about Eric not winning HoH. It seemed that he threw it last time too, and badly. Correctly answering question after question so fast I couldn't even hear the question to play along at home, lol, and suddenly he buzzes in to answer when Julie hadn't got more than a few words into the question.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2007, 07:49:27 AM »
and putting that accursed Real Player on your poor computer.
At least Real Player is a good player. They could have gone another route and used a bad player or (gasp) maybe even quicktime *shudder*.  (:;) B:)

At the end of the day though, it does all come down to a lot of editing, and I think every season we have the same debate about editing. As for Eric, I seriously have wondered about that myself. If he wins, will there be an outcry of people upset he had 'help' along the way?

Serous editing manipulation example:

Offline Danna

• BB Live Feed Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2007, 11:17:17 AM »
I starrted watching during season 6, I fell in love with the S6 group and loved to hate the nerd herd, like many people.
Season 7 was like season 6 continued, making it very easy to watch.
This season seemed lacking initially, but now i'm finding myself really getting into the charachters and the drama.
I think it just takes time to get to know everyone (it did for me anyway)
I almost stopped watching the first week and now i'm glad i gave it a chance :)

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2007, 11:31:12 AM »
It starts out like this EVERY season, but it gets much better as we get a few weeks in. I was reading the archives from BB All Stars, everyone says that was the BEST SEASON EVER, but it was the same discussion, how bored people were with the show in the first few weeks. It will get better, trust me!

Rob

Offline Markmysite

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2007, 01:31:27 PM »
I find it hard to believe that they would make it so he cant win.  First if you couldnt win the game why would you want to be americas choice?  plus are we trying to help him win?  second i think for cbs it would be good for them if he won cause they they would make the america's choice question what 2 hg we wanted him to nonimate.  but for him it would be in his best interest to not win cause we could decided we wanted him to nonimate someone completely different then what he has been talking to the other hg about and it could be hard to explain.  If i was in his position i too would have make sure i didnt win the HOH.

Exactly, Eric was all over that HoH competition and I think he buzzed in fast to purposely throw it.  If he was HoH he is at our mercy and America would be cruel and make him pick two people against what "the house" (Dick and co.) wants and then he's screwed the following week.