Author Topic: The Amazing Race 12 in the Media  (Read 87873 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: The Amazing Race 12 in the Media
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2007, 03:02:40 PM »
It makes such a difference when you can hear them! :wohoo:

Shana/Jennifer named their team Team Farrah?? :groan:

And the Sisters--Wolves in Sheep's bodies? ???

And Ari/Staella--funny "Bitches" --now I think I like them! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2007, 03:09:43 PM »
Well that was a waste of time! CBS is on the ball  :lol:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2007, 03:14:53 PM »
YAY

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2007, 03:21:06 PM »

Oh my hairstyle has made a come back  :yess:

Offline hound 109

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2007, 04:50:55 PM »
Exclusive Interview: Bertram van Munster, Creator and Executive Producer of The Amazing Race

October 28, 2007
- Season 12 will be very original. At least 65% of the places visited this season are places that The Amazing Race has never been.

source

65% of the PLACES ....not countries?

65% could be 9 of 14.  (64.29%)

Offline hound 109

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2007, 05:13:05 PM »

Shana (from team Farrah) looks exactly like Barbara Bach (circa 1980) a Bond girl & wife of Ringo.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2007, 05:25:05 PM »

Shana (from team Farrah) looks exactly like Barbara Bach (circa 1980) a Bond girl & wife of Ringo.

YAY I can finally get my BF to watch :yikes

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2007, 06:09:24 PM »
 :hearts:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2007, 06:15:07 PM »
Thanks! :D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2007, 06:22:30 PM »
THE MAT??!!

CBS is giving us the MAT?? :faint:

My...how times have changed!  Let's see...if you can't beat 'em--then join 'em?? :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2007, 08:46:37 PM »
Buddy TV Video Interview with Nichols/Don

It's Gramps who is the fan--Nicholas had never seen a complete season when he was casted! :groan:

Buddy TV Video Interview with Lorena/Jason

On the show to test their relationship :snicker:--they had not really seen the show before applying! (:;)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline hound 109

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2007, 12:11:27 AM »

What a great clip.  :tup:

Mactor relationship drama   :meow:  & donkeys......what's not to love!   :hearts:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2007, 12:35:07 AM »
Well some teams look like they will crack-down!!!!

T.K and Rachel are getting closer and closer to being ma favourite team on Season 12, I enjoyed that clip cant wait to see TAR
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2007, 09:43:20 AM »
Here's the key points of Bertram van Munster's interview with Buddy TV:

1. Indonesia is a country he is afraid of from a security point of view.

2. Years ago there was a camera team (one of whom was the one who was in the vehicle that Greg flipped in Botswana and was injured) which flipped a vehicle in Alaska and both were injured.

3. His statement was that "65% of the places along the route(for AR12) are new to the fans".

You can hear it for yourself. click on Buddy TV Bertram van Munster Interview

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2007, 12:24:51 PM »
Thanks for the heads up apskip -- I liked those interviews, I'm looking forward to seeing the other teams as well.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2007, 12:43:45 PM »
The TAR 13 application is up on the CBS website:

http://alpha.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race12/

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2007, 06:26:27 PM »
More spoilers from CBS  :res:

'Laughlin' exit speeds start of new 'Race'

October 31, 2007
CBS last week mercifully pulled the plug on Viva Laughlin.
Who saw that coming? Well . . . besides anyone who remembered the similar fate that befell Steven Bochco's surreal Cop Rock in 1990. That was the last drama that thought it was a good idea to have characters arbitrarily burst into song and dance, and that experiment lasted only 13 weeks.

Those three months must seem like an eternity to the like-minded minds behind Viva Laughlin, which was on the air for just two episodes before CBS said enough.

But this musical mushroom cloud has a silver lining for reality TV fans: CBS is plugging that hole on Sunday nights with the 12th season of The Amazing Race (7 p.m. on CBS 4), which the network previously said wasn't going to make it on the air until 2008.

So get your pretend passports ready for some more virtual globehopping. We break down The Amazing Race by the numbers:

5 consecutive Emmys have gone to The Amazing Race, all for outstanding reality competition series.

2 episodes were axed from this season after producers did away with the nonelimination pit stops to help quicken the pace and ratchet up the suspense.

30,000 miles are covered by the winning team in this year's race.

5 countries where The Amazing Race had never been will be featured in this season's trek, including Ireland, Lithuania and Croatia. Other locales include Burkina Faso, West Africa, and Taiwan.

15 of the 22 contestants are from California.

1 all-male team, which should help level the playing field. Young all- male teams have won the past two races and five of the nine previous races (not counting the seasons that pitted families or all-stars against one another). This year's pair is a grandfather and grandson.

3 all-female teams, which include married lesbian Episcopal ministers, two sisters and a pair of blond friends from Los Angeles. No all-female team has ever won The Amazing Race.

5 teams consist of couples who are married or dating, which always increases the chances for bickering and blow-ups.

source

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2007, 09:09:26 PM »
 Oh WOW! I just watched the Buddy TV Interview with the Goths and I love them! :hearts: 

And Kynt has visited and loved Osaka Japan and wants to go back there! And Vyxsin would love to go to Japan too!!  Fingers crossed that they get their wish! :jumpy:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2007, 01:09:25 AM »
fwiw~

-- "The Amazing Race" is about to be run for the dozenth time. It begins on the grounds of the Playboy Mansion in Los Angeles when host Phil Keoghan drops his hand and signals "Go!" First stop: Ireland. As before, 11 teams (paired-up partners, pals or family members) will be off for a global trek, with challenges awaiting them at each of eight "pit stops" that could mean elimination. The odyssey will cover approximately 30,000 miles and take the contestants to five countries never visited in prior seasons, including Lithuania and Croatia. The first team to cross the finish line wins $1 million. The race starts 8 p.m. Sunday on CBS.

source

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2007, 10:28:57 AM »
8 pit stops. I wonder if we'll have a few "TBC" episodes.
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2007, 10:52:22 AM »
Something is screwy somewhere because we believe we have 10 Pit-Stop possible locations (not including the final city which remains unidentified). So either that article is incorrect which is of course very possible--or there are at least 2 TBC's--or we are wrong which everyone knows is impossible!  :rotf:

Ireland--Amsterdam--Burkina Faso--Florence--Dubrovnik--Lithuania--India--Osaka--Taiwan--Alaska--final city

India and Florence were initially based solely on intro vid cap evidence, but  puddin has showed us a second CBS picture re the Indian Yogi so seems like a serious contender.

Thoughts anyone?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 11:21:49 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2007, 11:08:37 AM »
TBC

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2007, 01:14:15 PM »
Something is screwy somewhere because we believe we have 10 Pit-Stop possible locations (not including the final city which remains unidentified). So either that article is incorrect which is of course very possible--or there are at least 2 TBC's--or we are wrong which everyone knows is impossible!  :rotf:

Ireland--Amsterdam--Burkina Faso--Florence--Dubrovnik--Lithuania--India--Osaka--Taiwan--Alaska--final city

India and Florence were initially based solely on intro vid cap evidence, but  puddin has showed us a second CBS picture re the Indian Yogi so seems like a serious contender.

Thoughts anyone?

Peach, if you read Location Spoilers/Rumors where this type of discussion belongs, I think you will find several thoughts(none of them new at this point). As a quick summary, there will be 3 TBCs in my opinion to balance out 8 elimination points and one final point, for a total of 12 places visited. I do not see a new place in India(or anyway else between Vilnius and Osaka) as being likely based on the count of new places visited versus former places visited. Both the unknown location and the FINAL CITY have to be former places visited to make the percentage of new come out at 67%, just above the 65% figure that van Munster has cited publicly. I do see Florence as being quite likely at this point.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2007, 02:31:24 PM »
WOW! Lot's of goodies here!

BVM Interview with RealityTVworld

Highlights re TAR 12:

RE: NEL's:

Also adding to The Amazing Race 12's excitement level, according to van Munster, is the fact that the show has done away with non-elimination legs, a format change executive producer Jonathan Littman first revealed at the Television Critics Association summer press.

"The audience and ourselves, we're not crazy about non-eliminations," said van Munster.  "It's exciting to see people eliminated at the end of every episode."

Non-elimination legs have been part of The Amazing Race since the reality competition series first premiered in Fall 2001, and the show's fifth edition was the first in which teams were penalized for being the last to reach non-elimination Pit Stops.  Doing away with non-elimination legs means there will also be no more penalties, an aspect that van Munster said will also make The Amazing Race 12 more fast-paced.

"Penalties just make it murky," he explained.  "This is just such a clean-cut concept, it's not about finding more penalties and hurdles for people.  That's not what this thing is about.  I think the audience and our fans like eliminations from what we understand."

The fact that a team will be eliminated at the end of every The Amazing Race 12 leg will also keep the contestants on their toes.

"For the contestants, the heat's on every step of the way," added van Munster.  "Every leg of the way the heat is on because they can be eliminated."

RE: Route:

Ireland is one of five new countries The Amazing Race 12 filmed in, along with Croatia, Lithuania and two African countries with names that van Munster said most people can't pronounce.

"It's very exciting to go to new locations because we have gone to places where people have never seen a television camera or have never seen television," he explained.  "But these are the people we also have to work with.  So from a producer's perspective, it's more than exciting."

okay...did someone think Burkina Faso was two countries or could this be legit? :rotf:

Re: Short course:

The Amazing Race 12's course will span approximately 30,000 miles in 21 days, making it one of the shortest courses in the show's 12 seasons (The Amazing Race's Fall 2005 Family Edition, which included young children and their families as contestants, also spanned 30,000 miles).

"There was really no reason," explained van Munster about the competition's shorter-than-normal course.  "It was just the way the logic was laid out to go from which country to which country.  It just happened to be like this.  It's a very short Race in the sense it's 21 days -- still 30,000 miles in 21 days, which is a lot of traveling.  The heat is really on this."

21 days--could Alaska be our Final City after all??!!

RE: Tasks:

While van Munster wouldn't divulge any twists featured on The Amazing Race 12, he said it is laid-out in a way that makes it possible for any of the 11 teams to win it.

"The Race should be able to be won by someone who is 58-years-old or 69-years-old," said van Munster.  "The balance in laying out this course and the activities, it really is in-tune with what people can do, their physical ability and their mental ability.  If you're in physical shape and you've got good mental shape, anybody can win this Race."

RE: The Future:

The Amazing Race 12 is slated for an 11-episode broadcast run, which van Munster said will likely take it through the holiday season and into early January.

However since the show's original midseason replacement status means CBS only ordered one The Amazing Race edition for the 2007-2008 season, viewers are still unlikely to see another The Amazing Race edition this spring.

According to van Munster, even if CBS decides to order another edition immediately, there probably isn't enough time to cast, film and produce a thirteenth The Amazing Race edition in time for Spring 2008 broadcast. 

"For the spring, it would probably not be possible," said van Munster.  "[But] my mouth is under lock and key [about whether CBS has ordered another edition]."

While he wouldn't talk about The Amazing Race's fate beyond its twelfth season, van Munster did still hint that even if CBS doesn't air another edition this spring, viewers probably haven't seen the last of the show.

"By any stretch of the imagination to have 12 seasons of anything on the air on CBS is miraculous. It looks like we could go a little further than that," he said.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2007, 03:32:09 PM »
Good stuff peach -- I think those pictures in the mish mash of the Africa pics need some looking into since we assumed most were Burkina.