Author Topic: Emmy Nominations Unveiled;  (Read 24081 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Emmy Nominations Unveiled;
« on: July 19, 2007, 11:18:14 AM »
 :dancer:

Outstanding Reality-Competition Program

The Amazing Race • CBS • Amazing Race Productions Inc. and Touchstone Television Productions, LLC in association with Jerry Bruckheimer Television and WorldRace Productions, Inc.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Emmy Nominations Unveiled;
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 12:31:49 PM »
Also nominated in these categories:

Outstanding Cinematography For Reality Programming

Outstanding Picture Editing For Reality Programming

Outstanding Sound Editing For Nonfiction Programming (single Or Multi-camera)

Outstanding Sound Mixing For Nonfiction Programming (single Or Multi-camera)

And the competition??

American Idol

Project Runway

Top Chef 

Dancing with the Stars

Notice who's missing?? No Survivor!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
Amazing Race Emmy Nomination
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 04:36:24 PM »
TAR has been nominated once again for an emmy for the most Outstanding Reality-Comoetition Program.  Also nominated and competing against TAR are:
American Idol
Dancing with the Stars
Project Runway
Top Chef.

TAR was also nominated for Outstanding Cinematography, Outstanding Sound Editing, and Outstanding Sound Editing.

Awards will be announced in September.  Keep you fingers crossed

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Amazing Race Emmy Nomination
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 04:59:06 PM »
hee :dancer:

Emmy snubs 'Survivor,' Showtime
Some favorites not invited to the party
By JOSEF ADALIAN“Survivor” has been voted off of Emmy island -- and it’s not the only show that’s not feeling the love this year.
For the first time since the TV Academy launched a reality competition category in 2003, Mark Burnett’s CBS skein has not been nominated in the category. Voters appeared to have subbed in Bravo’s “Top Chef,” which is making its first appearance in the competish.

Despite being credited with launching the reality competition boom in 2000, “Survivor” has never won the Emmy for reality competition. Another CBS skein -- “The Amazing Race” -- has snagged the statuette each of the past four years.

Burnett wasn’t alone in feeling jilted by Emmy.

Expectations were low at Universal Media Studios-produced “Friday Night Lights,” with an outstanding drama nom considered a longshot. But the complete snubbing of the cast--particularly leads Connie Britton and Kyle Chandler -- is a major disappointment. Peacock skein did manage to get nominated for helmer Peter Berg’s direction of the pilot.

“It’s incredibly rare for first year shows to get nominated,” said Universal Media Studios prexy Katherine Pope, saying she was happy to see Berg nommed and the show’s casting director recognized.

“I feel confident we’ll get a best drama nomination next year,” Pope added.

Some other Emmy disappointments:

n Showtime’s lavish period drama “The Tudors” didn’t land any major noms, despite good ratings and great reviews. Cabler also had to be bummed that Mi-chael C. Hall didn’t land a nom for his much-praised perf in “Dexter.”

Cabler’s entertainment chief, Bob Greenblatt, said he was happy that of the seven shows his net had in the running, five got some sort of recognition.

“Would we have liked to have more significant nominations for the cast of ‘Dexter’ or the writers of all our shows? Absolutely,” he said. “That said, we’re over the moon about how significantly we’ve been nominated.”

For the second consecutive year, “Lost” -- despite a jaw-dropping finale -- was nowhere to be found among the drama noms. Finale did get a writing nomination, and two cast members (Terry O’Quinn as Locke and Michael Emerson as uber-creepy Ben) got shout-outs.

It was a bad day at FX, which fell to just three noms (down from eight last year). Voters weren’t too impressed with new shows “The Riches” and “Dirt,” and “The Shield”
FX topper John Landgraf said he didn’t view Thursday’s noms as a “snub,” pointing out the rarity of a basic cabler grabbing actor and actress noms in the same year (“Rescue Me’s” Denis Leary and Minnie Driver in “The Riches”).

“My understanding is that FX wasn’t well-represented in the pre-noms -- amazingly I don’t think ‘The Shield was in the top 10’ -- but we did well at the blue-ribbon nominating stage,” he said via email. “This tells me our issue is in the voting process that leads to pre-noms. We are a small network with less than two dozen votes among our employees, so unless you believe that thousands of executive academy members are only voting their aesthetic conscience, we probably start many, many votes behind our larger broadcast, pay and basic cable competitors.”

“How I Met Your Mother’s” producing team were feeling awesome over their show’s first acting nom, snagged by Neil Patrick Harris. But Emmy con-tinues to make the “HIMYM” team wait for it in the outstanding comedy, writing and directing categories.

Crix kvelled over HBO’s “Deadwood” and “The Wire,” but Emmy yawned. Former skein got several tech noms, but despite the Academy’s love affair with oaters, the show was snubbed in major categories this year. And “The Wire” once again got zip.

Read the full article at:
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117968824.html

http://www.variety.com/awardcentral_article/VR1117968824.html?nav=news&categoryid=1985&cs=1

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 09:08:05 PM »
My question is which of the episodes that were placed as possabilities actually got the nominations?  Anyone know?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 09:18:27 PM »
My question is which of the episodes that were placed as possabilities actually got the nominations?  Anyone know?
I know but don't have time to look right now ..sorry!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 09:22:17 PM »

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 09:30:01 PM »
For reality series it doesn't specify.

But in all three other catagories Sound editing, Direction, and cinematography its all for the vietnam leg of season 10.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 11:35:38 PM »
The Amazing Race • I Know Phil, Little Ol' Gorgeous Thing!   (  :dancer: Good for Mary & David! )

http://galaxygirl76.livejournal.com/18770.html

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2007, 02:22:34 PM »
For reality series it doesn't specify.

But in all three other catagories Sound editing, Direction, and cinematography its all for the vietnam leg of season 10.

mswood, I profess to be quite confused. Those categories are certainly right, but which episode was nominated is in serious debate. puddin's first link to the International Herald Tribune identifies the nominated episode as "Here comes the Bedouin", which I believe to be AR10, episode 11 at Ouerzazate. The other link plus the Newark Star-Ledger identifies the same nominations as for "I Know Phil, Little Ol' Gorgeous Thing", which is AR10, episode 4 in Vietnam. It cannot be both simultaneously.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2007, 02:49:00 PM »
For those who bemoan the lack of an Emmy nomination for Surivor and the attainment of one by Top Chef in the best reality show category, I have 2 things to say:
1. If you watch both shows, you should know why this happened.
2. What difference does it make since we all know who is going to win this category anyway? Even though the Amazing Race has slipped quite a bit in quality, it still blows away all the other nominees in this category. I just worry about future seasons if the casting doesn't improve back to where it used to be and the tasks don't improve back to where they used to be.

Offline KingCrimson88

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2007, 02:53:12 PM »
"Here comes the Bedouin" is an episode from season 9. TAR won the emmy for that episode last year. TAR10 leg 4 is the nominated episode this year.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2007, 07:28:01 PM »
"Here comes the Bedouin" is an episode from season 9. TAR won the emmy for that episode last year. TAR10 leg 4 is the nominated episode this year.

Ah, TAR10 leg 4 won the nomination but the Amazing Race did put two episodes up for consideration. See the Amazing Race Spoilers Media thread, posts #423 by GeorgiaPeach and #425 by Slowhatch copied here:

Thanks, Peach.   Odd choices, don't you think?: the Romber elimination and Halong bay. They may pull it off again, though.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2007, 08:05:02 PM »
I understand that 2 episodes are initially put up and only one is chosen to be the eventual stand alone.

This year that would be Vietnam, thank goodness.

(Don't ask me who/when/or how one episode is chosen though! :lol:)

Full list of nominations for this year
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2007, 10:02:09 PM »
And, thank goodness, no Big Bother either.

In all the other Reality-Competition nominees including American Idol and Dancing with the Stars (each a much bigger and more popular series than TAR) the competitors are eliminated by votes of fellow participants (Survivor, Big Bother), judges, or viewers at home (and there is very little control on the number of votes cast).  In TAR the teams are eliminated by their own mistakes or lack of skill and no "voting" takes place.  This makes TAR a much more realistic reality competition and leads to their string of Emmy wins.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2007, 04:30:34 AM »
TAR Creative Arts Emmy's!

Hopefully just the beginning!

WON:

Outstanding Picture Editing For Reality Programming --"I Know Phil, Little Ol' Gorgeous Thing"

Outstanding Cinematography For Reality Programming -- "I Know Phil, Little Ol' Gorgeous Thing"

(didn't win sound though....) :(
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2007, 12:21:18 PM »
Well we lost two so far (and that better be it).

Sound Editing went to Planet Earth (which in all fairness is an exceptional program) Pole to Pole.

We also lost Sound Mixing to American Master:  THe House that Ahmet Built (oof which I hve no knowledge on).

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2007, 04:22:42 PM »
"The House that Ahmet Built" was an American Masters special about Ahmet Ertegun just after he died. He was the cofounder of Atlantic Records.  The Atlantic Sound, which sprang from the small record label Ertegun co-founded in 1947, "was a revolutionary new genre, single-handedly influencing the future direction of contemporary music."

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2007, 05:09:37 PM »
"The House that Ahmet Built" was an American Masters special about Ahmet Ertegun just after he died. He was the cofounder of Atlantic Records.  The Atlantic Sound, which sprang from the small record label Ertegun co-founded in 1947, "was a revolutionary new genre, single-handedly influencing the future direction of contemporary music."

Thanks apskip, I really had no idea.  It actually sounds very interesting.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2007, 07:09:33 PM »
Also nominated in these categories:
Outstanding Cinematography For Reality Programming
Outstanding Picture Editing For Reality Programming
Outstanding Sound Editing For Nonfiction Programming (single Or Multi-camera)
Outstanding Sound Mixing For Nonfiction Programming (single Or Multi-camera)

And the competition??

American Idol
Project Runway
Top Chef 
Dancing with the Stars
Notice who's missing?? No Survivor!!
I'm not surprised about Survivor since it's never won.
American Idol nommed?  I wouldn't have thunk it.
On the other hand...DWTS?  No surprise!  Will be rooting for that great show!!  :jumpy:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2007, 08:06:30 PM »
And, thank goodness, no Big Bother either.

In all the other Reality-Competition nominees including American Idol and Dancing with the Stars (each a much bigger and more popular series than TAR) the competitors are eliminated by votes of fellow participants (Survivor, Big Bother), judges, or viewers at home (and there is very little control on the number of votes cast).  In TAR the teams are eliminated by their own mistakes or lack of skill and no "voting" takes place.  This makes TAR a much more realistic reality competition and leads to their string of Emmy wins.
gingerman, love your spelling of Big Bother!!  :lol: :lol:  At the moment, it fits my feelings about BB8!!  (but I'll see it thru and, as usual, promise myself I won't Bother with it next summer!!) ;)

I hadn't really thought of it, but you are so right about TAR compared to most of the other reality shows & why it gets takes home the wins. 
However, the vote-off format creates a lot of drama!  And I love havign the chance to vote for my favorite singers/dancers! 
Each of these shows have certain appeals, but TAR most definitely is the most appealing and the best OVERALL!  :jumpy: 

Rudy

Offline swimmer12

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2007, 03:17:51 PM »
i think thats if tar wins outstanding reality competition again it has a good chance of being renwed and if it doesnt win well.... i dont want to even think about that lol

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2007, 10:39:16 AM »
By way of Realitytvwatch, this article on an emmy winner; some interesting crew stuff.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2007, 09:30:14 PM »
High Fives everyone, its Five for Five :yess: :jumpy: :yess: :jumpy: :yess: :jumpy: