The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Emmy Nominations Unveiled;

<< < (3/13) > >>

apskip:
For those who bemoan the lack of an Emmy nomination for Surivor and the attainment of one by Top Chef in the best reality show category, I have 2 things to say:
1. If you watch both shows, you should know why this happened.
2. What difference does it make since we all know who is going to win this category anyway? Even though the Amazing Race has slipped quite a bit in quality, it still blows away all the other nominees in this category. I just worry about future seasons if the casting doesn't improve back to where it used to be and the tasks don't improve back to where they used to be.

KingCrimson88:
"Here comes the Bedouin" is an episode from season 9. TAR won the emmy for that episode last year. TAR10 leg 4 is the nominated episode this year.

puddin:

--- Quote from: puddin on July 19, 2007, 09:22:17 PM ---try here mswood

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/07/06/features/web.0706emlistA.php

--- End quote ---
Sorry about the bad link  :-[!!

apskip:

--- Quote from: KingCrimson88 on July 20, 2007, 02:53:12 PM ---"Here comes the Bedouin" is an episode from season 9. TAR won the emmy for that episode last year. TAR10 leg 4 is the nominated episode this year.

--- End quote ---

Ah, TAR10 leg 4 won the nomination but the Amazing Race did put two episodes up for consideration. See the Amazing Race Spoilers Media thread, posts #423 by GeorgiaPeach and #425 by Slowhatch copied here:

--- Quote ---Thanks, Peach.   Odd choices, don't you think?: the Romber elimination and Halong bay. They may pull it off again, though.
--- End quote ---

georgiapeach:
I understand that 2 episodes are initially put up and only one is chosen to be the eventual stand alone.

This year that would be Vietnam, thank goodness.

(Don't ask me who/when/or how one episode is chosen though! :lol:)

Full list of nominations for this year

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version