Author Topic: "The Apprentice"  (Read 75229 times)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: "The Apprentice" will return
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2008, 12:07:00 AM »
Tonight's second show was much like the first. It was the Gene Simmons/Stephen Baldwin(logical given Stephen's experience) show for the men, while it was the Nely Galan/Marilu Henner show for the women(logical given their experience). An executive from Pedigree Pet Adoption provided the challenge of the best 30 second commercial. Galan as Project Manager appeared quite unfocused and produced one featuring many different dogs with Henner doing the voiceover but not appearing on camera. Hired actors were used by the women, which in my view was absurd when you have all these high-value celebrities standing around.

Gene insisted on complete creative control in partnership with Stephen and they both froze the rest of their team out with a "trust us" admonition. With his known pet loving attitude, they logically used Lennox Lewis as their one actor, they featured only one dog, and they had Trace Adkins' voice(the voice of God per my wife) as the voiceover. The end result was fabulous and I knew they were going to blow the women away once again. The rest of the team attempted a raid on the editing room, but with 40 minutes left and the job not complete Gene bluntly told them to go away. Gene at the beginning had made a strategic decision to not talk to the Pedigree executive and find out what he wanted(the women did that) and he had a nasty exchange with Ivanka in which his lack of knowledge of her role was obvious and he actually insulted her.

The eyes and ears this week were Ivanka and a Macy's executive. The Pedigree exec stated that one of the commercials was so good he would be putting it on the air that afternoon. The Boardroom scene started with the usual BS and Gene Simmons sincerely apologizing with his sunglasses off to Ivanka. Then Donald played each commercial and stated that the clear winner as preferred by Ivanka, the Macy's exec and himself as well as the Pedigree exec was the Men's commercial. Gene Simmons won a paltry $20,000 for his charity. The men leave and the action shifts to who will be fired. The women talk and Nely Galan owns up to major part of the responsibility. Marilu Henner accepts repsonsibility for not putting herself on camera. Nely is critical of Nadia for not doing much. She also mentions Carol. When Donald asks for which 2 will join her in the final boardroom she chooses Nadia and Carol and deliberately avoids picking Marilu. Donald is immediately critical of that decision, but there is nothing he can do about it. He states that there is no reasons Carol should be there, which Macy's agrees with. So it is Nely vs. Nadia. Donald focuses in on the concept of whether Nadia could have functioned as the Project Manager on this one. She does not say unequivocally YES and he quickly decides to fire her. Nely escapes to fight another day even though her strategic decision-making, like Omarosa's a week ago, was abysmal. Donald said that he recognized that she had an off-day.

The preview of next week appeared to say that Gene Simmons accepts a Trump offer for one of the Men to switch to the Women's team. Also, those who missed either of the first 2 episodes can see them on NBC Saturday night.

:tup: Thanks for the update tonight apskip.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2008, 12:11:10 AM »
NEXT WEEK ON THE APPRENTICE (THURSDAY, JANUARY 17, 2008)

TITLE: "MR. OUTSIDE THE BOX"

TASK: KODAK MOBILE PRINTING

Given an Airstream trailer and a graphic artist, each team must create and operate a mobile printing station for Kodak. One man moves over to lead the women's team, but the ladies turn on him and his dictatorial style. Disaster strikes one team at the 11th hour when they spill coffee on their computer, ruin their graphics, and must face the consequences. The Kodak executives decide the winning team, and in the end, another celebrity is fired.

Trump's Eyes and Ears: Ivanka Trump and Jim Cramer

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2008, 01:27:48 PM »
I watched this last night... I think Ivanka was making to much out of what Gene said. If she is there to observe she should observe, plus she should know she is not the big start on this show with all the celebrities.

I liked the ad from the guys, but did not like that they did not let everyone participate.  Plus the girls did what was asked, show multiple dog ads, not a celebrity.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2008, 02:13:31 PM »
Is it just me, or is Team Empresario really hard to root for?  I thought Hydra's commercial was so much better than Empresario.  Empresario is a mess, I think.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2008, 03:50:35 PM »
One man moves over to lead the women's team, but the ladies turn on him and his dictatorial style.

This is a perfect description of how Gene Simmons operates on Celebrity Apprentice. However, if I had to guess which team spills the coffee, it would be the MEN.

Nuala

« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2008, 05:23:48 PM »
The ladies team sucks!!!!  They are boring!!!

Nuala

« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2008, 05:25:12 PM »
Hydra's commercial for the project rocked.  I mean how much better does it get than an awesome voice over.  I bet Trace gets job overs to do commercial voice overs for major companies. 

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2008, 06:11:44 PM »
Is it just me, or is Team Empresario really hard to root for?  I thought Hydra's commercial was so much better than Empresario.   Empresario is a mess, I think.
It's not just you, Cinera.  Obviously, the men's team Rocks! 
I love Hydra's commercial!  :jumpy:  I got a huge lump in my throat everytime they showed it and when watching my tape later.  The guys did a phenomenal job as their presentation sooo effectively got the message across.  Even if a person doesn't like dogs OR bulldogs, and aren't normally emotional, that commercial will grab 'em!! 

The guy who judged the projects said "the winning spot will be run in the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show in early 2008 on Network Television"....how cool is that! :jumpy: I'm gonna be watching for the show just to see Hydra's awesome commercial!!  :yess: 

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2008, 06:16:06 PM »
The ladies team sucks!!!!  They are boring!!!
That's for sure!! :groan:

:hello2: Nuala  :hugs:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2008, 03:52:58 AM »
One man moves over to lead the women's team, but the ladies turn on him and his dictatorial style.

This is a perfect description of how Gene Simmons operates on Celebrity Apprentice. However, if I had to guess which team spills the coffee, it would be the MEN.

I think your right but I wonder how one of the guys went to the women's team.

Did he volunteer or did the other guys make a group decision to get rid of him,

but I guess if it were Gene he would think he could handle the ladies like he took care of Ivanka.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2008, 09:44:10 AM »
It's too simple. The Women's team is now down 2. The only way to regain balance is to have one from the Men's team switch sides. This has been done many times(remember Bradford for one?). Donald Trump asks and somebody who loves risk and attention volunteers. Gene Simmons will believe that straightening out the women is the biggest challenge he could possibly face, so he will volunteer. Watch and see it I am not exactly right.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2008, 02:59:49 AM »
Thanks for the good article, ca bb fan.
Nice photo.
So far, I like the celeb edition. :tup:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2008, 03:09:01 PM »
 I agree with all of you, it must be Simmons who moves over and can you imagine Omerosa listening to him? (Or anyone else for that matter.)  :lol3:

I can't see how the men can win if they fry their computer.  :lol3:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2008, 10:40:06 PM »
How about a death wish? I am convinced that Gene Simmons was anxious to leave the stage so he could get on with his normal life and acted accordingly. I think the results may have been rigged to make him the losing Project Manager so thte audience could see how he reacted. He reacted badly, refusing to accept the news that his work was judged less than the best. He showed that he was above it all by absolutely refusing to bring in Nely Galan, who had certainly earned negatives by being a motor-mouth such that Carol Alt was embarassed for her. Simmons should have picked Alt (to testify to Galan's shortcomings for two weeks), and Galan to go into the final boardroom. Instead, he picked Omarosa, who certainly deserved to be fired week 1 but not this week and Jenny Finch who made no sense whatever. For stupidity and refusing his good advice, Donald Trump fired his good friend Gene Simmons.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2008, 11:21:37 PM »
It's too simple. The Women's team is now down 2. The only way to regain balance is to have one from the Men's team switch sides. This has been done many times(remember Bradford for one?). Donald Trump asks and somebody who loves risk and attention volunteers. Gene Simmons will believe that straightening out the women is the biggest challenge he could possibly face, so he will volunteer. Watch and see it I am not exactly right.

You were right on apskip  :tup:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2008, 04:10:17 PM »
How about a death wish? I am convinced that Gene Simmons was anxious to leave the stage so he could get on with his normal life and acted accordingly. I think the results may have been rigged to make him the losing Project Manager so thte audience could see how he reacted. He reacted badly, refusing to accept the news that his work was judged less than the best. He showed that he was above it all by absolutely refusing to bring in Nely Galan, who had certainly earned negatives by being a motor-mouth such that Carol Alt was embarassed for her. Simmons should have picked Alt (to testify to Galan's shortcomings for two weeks), and Galan to go into the final boardroom. Instead, he picked Omarosa, who certainly deserved to be fired week 1 but not this week and Jenny Finch who made no sense whatever. For stupidity and refusing his good advice, Donald Trump fired his good friend Gene Simmons.

I think you're right. At first I couldn't figure it out, why wouldn't he pick up on the blatant clues from The Donald.. but he didn't and he didn't pick the obvious person he picked Omarosa who is obnoxious but was not the cause of the loss. Galan was also innocent.  I believe he chose both for that reason. He would go and they wouldn't.  He wanted to leave. 

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2008, 07:38:41 AM »
Texas Lady, surely you meant Jennie Finch and not Nely Galan because Galan was deserving of elimination but not in the final boardroom by Gene simmons' choice and Finch wasn't guilty.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2008, 12:36:06 PM »
Texas Lady, surely you meant Jennie Finch and not Nely Galan because Galan was deserving of elimination but not in the final boardroom by Gene simmons' choice and Finch wasn't guilty.

I screwed up... I messed up my ladies.  :umn:  I'm conflicted about Simmons leaving because he was such a big personality he overpowered the others in many ways, even Trump. I think we'll miss him.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2008, 04:59:26 PM »
As they said in vaudeville, "On with the show". I look to Piers Morgan, another large presence to come forward even more; also Vincent Pastore. On the women's side, I think they are due for some victories and won't have to lose anyone much, but when they do Nely Galan is dead meat and Omarosa is dead meat #2. I see Jennie Finch and Carol Alt taking charge for them.

Anyone have some alternative guesses?

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2008, 07:58:46 PM »
Episode 4 This Week On The Apprentice

Remaining Celebrities Take Over Broadway As They Hit The Streets In A Race To Sell The Most Broadway Tickets

In next week's episode, as the competition gets heated, David Hyde Pierce shows up in support of an old celebrity friend.

For the fourth task, the remaining celebrities are challenged with the task to run a one-day Broadway ticket booth under the biggest time crunch thus far, and the celebrities work feverishly, hawking tickets on the street.

The teams are given eight Broadway Shows to choose from as they try their best at negotiating which four each team would sell.

Two celebrities begin the task on the wrong foot, with a bitter argument.

Piers Morgan tries to increase sales by dressing up in a knight's costume to sell tickets to 'Spamalot.'

In the end, the team that makes the most money from ticket sales wins, and one celebrity is fired on Thursday, January 24 (9:00 PM ET/PT).

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2008, 08:23:46 PM »
Just as I began to like this guy, Gene had to get himself fired.  He was so arrogant that it drove me crazy he only wanted to bring in Omarosa originally.

I think after the next episode, it should be time for a shake-up.  I'm bored with all the gender separation in this.  It's time to see how the men work with the women.  And we all know Stevey B will gang up on Omarosa, what fun that will be in the boardroom.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2008, 10:23:38 PM »
Just as I began to like this guy, Gene had to get himself fired.  He was so arrogant that it drove me crazy he only wanted to bring in Omarosa originally.

I think after the next episode, it should be time for a shake-up.  I'm bored with all the gender separation in this.  It's time to see how the men work with the women.  And we all know Stevey B will gang up on Omarosa, what fun that will be in the boardroom.

:hfive: I'm with you TheCinera it's time to mix the teams up.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2008, 03:22:41 AM »

I screwed up... I messed up my ladies.  :umn:  I'm conflicted about Simmons leaving because he was such a big personality he overpowered the others in many ways, even Trump. I think we'll miss him.
It seemed obvious to me that Simmons WANTED out, otherwise why would he choose two innocent gals and keep insisting Kodak was wrong and he was right?!  Wow, that was a first for the show...a weird situation, but it worked for Simmons perfectly.  Gee, and I was just starting to like him a little!  :res:

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2008, 10:27:22 AM »
I don't think think Gene simply wanted out, but I do think he purposefully took the blame in order to protect Nely from being fired.  The fault for the task was more of Nely's fault than Gene's.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2008, 09:36:46 PM »
Tonight's episode was very sad for me. The eyes and ears were Ivanka and Vince Mcmahon, wrestling promoter. The task was to sell tickets to a negotiated 4 of 8 Broadway shows. The women seemed to get the better picks with Spring Awakening, Hairspray, Curtains and Avenue Q in their mix. The men had Spamalot, Chicago and 2 others not mentioned. Whoever sold the most $ from a ticket booth at 42nd St. and 7th Avenue would win. Both teams went to the phones to call in I Owe Yous from anyone they thought might deliver. Nely came up with several, but one was left and did not count. Piers had one for a $10,000 check from Richard Branson, but the deliverers just made it with less than 2 minutes left. The men clearly outshone the women in orgnization and energy and how-to-promote. The women were lackluster.

The final tally was Women $31+K, Men $33+K with the men winning a close victory. The Boadroom discussion was lackluster except for a sneaky question by Ivanka to Jennie on whether Carol was flying "Under the Radar"(sneaky because Jennie has been doing just that). Marilu Henner as project manager had to choose 2 for the Final Boardroom and she chose Carol and Jennie because she wanted to protect Nely and Omarosa. The discussion then was about Jennie perceived lack of energy compared to her athletic achievements. Trump counseled her to not change and focus on her ahtletic prowess, particularly winning the 2008 Olympics, then he fired her.

I think this is sad because Marilu had stated the only 3 working well together on the Women were Omarosa, Nely and herself. Jennie stated that she cometimes felt overwhelmed by the rapid-fire talking of Omarosa and couldn't always keep up with it. So the Women are going to have what they deserve - 3 "politicians", one of whom is pathological, plus one average person (Carol).
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 07:35:50 AM by apskip »