Author Topic: The Amazing Race Asia 2 **Spoiler Thread**  (Read 220692 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: The Amazing Race Asia 2 **Spoiler Thread**
« Reply #350 on: January 06, 2008, 07:38:35 PM »
Just killing some time~
Karlstejn Castle? its outside of Prague.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #351 on: January 06, 2008, 09:50:07 PM »
Yay!  :yess: You've got it.  :wohoo: It's in the Prague suburbs.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #352 on: January 06, 2008, 10:18:58 PM »
So Slowhatch, would you hurt me if I told you I'm enjoying the TARA2 more so than our version  :-[ :angel:?
So how does Frankfurt come in to the picture? Thats why I love their route, they could send you to another country just tp pick up a clue.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #353 on: January 06, 2008, 11:07:30 PM »
 :noway: I would never hurt you.
I'm enjoying it myself. I don't even mind the camera hogs. I guess I had low expectations going in and...well, it's not so bad.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #354 on: January 06, 2008, 11:10:52 PM »
lol, I actually cried last episode, like a baby  :-[ , how silly is that?

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #355 on: January 07, 2008, 08:00:57 AM »
Thats why I love their route, they could send you to another country just to pick up a clue.

Actually,puddin, that's essentially what happened with the ARA1 Singapore Caltex visit, the most infamous task in Amazing Race history. I would NOT want to see a second one of those one task/one country events anytime, ever because it is the height of the ridiculous. That doesn't mean that World Race Productions as overseer doesn't do it; they approved it the first time.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #356 on: January 07, 2008, 01:24:50 PM »
Oh, they did that again this year, going to HK to count money to stroke the Standard Chartered Bank, then leave for another country. Funny stuff.
Just here to visit.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #357 on: January 10, 2008, 01:24:50 AM »
The Episode 7 recap is up.
Just here to visit.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #358 on: January 10, 2008, 07:26:24 AM »
Ken, your statement "It's quite dark, but for some reason, they get into boat #13. I guess they're not superstitious." was probably for effect because I believe that you know better(but are probably not being facetious). The reason they are in boat #13 is that their clue forced them to be in boat #13, just as each other team got an assigned number.

Offline Red Devils

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #359 on: January 10, 2008, 09:03:37 AM »
Hmm.... just watched Episode 8 as I am living in Asia..... if anyone wants me to tell them the result.. then I will.. if not then I will discuss it after all you guys watched it..

Offline ichihara_yuuko

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #360 on: January 10, 2008, 09:28:43 AM »
ahhh first post too!

I also live in Asia and I have spoilers. I won't tell who won since Red Devils will do that. But I will tell where they went.

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

First off, from Korea, they flew to Franburg, Germany (please correct me on my spelling)and went to this theatre (I guess... sorry short term memory). The clue leads them to Prague, Czech Republic where they have to find the clue in a Holey Statue (no, this is not a typo), which leads them to a puppet shop, and leads them to this place I forgot, but they have to do a Roadblock where in they have to wear a Knight's Armor and find a Damsel in Distress (in a balcony near Prince Hotel), and reach to her the key so that they can get their clue (and it isn't in one of those yellow things, they used a scroll for that), and the clue leads them to Brouen (again, correct me for my spelling), where they have to go to this Town Square and find the person holding a Nokia Phone which has their picture as a wallpaper (and they have to find this with many people as decoys) (this guy who wasn't part of the race thought Paula and Natasha was actually going to steal his phone... LOL!). Once they do, they have to view the video on the phone to receive their next clue.

The next clue tells them of a Detour, a choice of Crossbow and Glass Decoration (Don't tell me what the names were for the detour, I'm just using terms based on what they did on the detour. In Bow, teams must use a Crossbow and aim the arrow inside a colored circle. In Glass Decoration, teams must decorate a glass by making a star pattern at the bottom of the glass. I do not know what the material is made from, but I guess it's crystals.

Anyway, after the detour, they receive their next clue, which leads them to the next pitstop in Karlstejn

SPOILER ENDS HERE
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 10:36:25 AM by puddin »

Offline Red Devils

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #361 on: January 10, 2008, 09:49:16 AM »

I think this should add more spices to the recap but I haven't gotten everything down as I too have short memories.....BUT great job ichihara_yuuko :thankyou: :partie:and :welcome2:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 12:40:37 PM by puddin »

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #362 on: January 10, 2008, 10:05:38 AM »

Yeah, actually it has to be in white ink so that those who want to read it can highlight over it.

Hopefully they stay out of this thread at the moment or we create another thread to discuss about the episode.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 12:38:39 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #363 on: January 10, 2008, 10:35:33 AM »
I think I know what Holy statue you mean but was there an intersection? no ice rink? Was the puppet store the place in the photo, the Denhe place? I'm looking forward to watching this :yaya:

« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 12:42:16 PM by puddin »

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #364 on: January 10, 2008, 10:42:44 AM »

Yup, holey statue on the charles bridge.

No intersection, probably next leg...

No ice rink.

Yup same place, old town of Prague, the one where the famous clock tower is.

Finally, I was so pumped to see Prague because I went there a few weeks ago and it was excatly opposite to the race conditions of being hot...Very chilly!  :jumpy:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 12:43:16 PM by puddin »

Offline Red Devils

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #365 on: January 10, 2008, 10:45:39 AM »

Hey puddin, I wish I can show you what that HOLEY statue(it's really HOLEY... once you saw this episode.. this way in finding a clue gave me thoughts of what we usually do when we were kids.. trying to hide something where no one can see.. LOL.. this is rather stupid.. seeing how most teams struggled to find it...).... :pull

There's no intersection in this leg but you would understand why this is so once you saw the episode.

There's also no ice-rink and I don't think there's anything coming close to COLDNESS in this episode... haha except for that COLD shoulder given to Paula and Nat by the tourist... hahaa... that was hiliarious :lolmao:

Was the puppet store the place in the photo, the Denhe place? YES and YES..... you guys got them all...... :wtg:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 12:43:48 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #366 on: January 10, 2008, 10:53:31 AM »
Petr had mentioned "Letnany Ice Arena" so not exactly an ice rink (my words,  :angel:)  , so I assume with no intersection there maybe another leg or more time spent in Prague the next episode? or no?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 12:41:43 PM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #367 on: January 10, 2008, 10:55:15 AM »
Nevermind   :angel:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 12:48:55 PM by Slowhatch »

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #368 on: January 10, 2008, 11:53:03 AM »
The frankfurt one is old opera house...

Hmm the statue is St.Vitus and they hid the clue in between the holes.

Hmm about next leg, Im not sure because they dont show the preview immediately after the show.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 12:44:14 PM by puddin »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #369 on: January 10, 2008, 12:52:27 PM »
Since I have been inadvertently spoiled, I will say that the compressing of two locations into one leg does not surprise me. With the addition of one leg in Korea (Busan, since I had originally expected Seoul), the leg count went to that shown below:

1 Singapore
2 Manila
3 Auckland
4 Rotorua
5 Tokyo
6 Busan
7 Seoul
8 Frankfurt
9 Prague
10 Budapest
11 ?, my guess Bangkok suburbs

Since there are only supposed to be 10 legs, this has been a concern to me once Busan plus Seoul happened. With the compression there will be only the 10 legs that I think were planned for ARA2.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #370 on: January 10, 2008, 01:33:18 PM »
I know its hard not to happen upon episode spoilers and using the white ink (in place of black for example) is one way to avoid it but when a thread is labeled **Spoiler Thread**, then **** happens.
Perhaps in the future those that have the advantage of viewing the episode before we, here in the states do, we could follow Jonnal's example and post a new subject thread as Jonnal did here .
If anyone has a better suggestion, I'm all ears :D.

Offline ichihara_yuuko

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #372 on: January 11, 2008, 09:45:07 AM »

I think this should add more spices to the recap but I haven't gotten everything down as I too have short memories.....BUT great job ichihara_yuuko :thankyou: :partie:and :welcome2:

hahah... yeah definately. But I was on a rush when typing that (still had to study for Math Test, I'm so addicted to TARA2 I couldn't study well) , but I just recently registered at that time so I decided to make one short recap or just an overview of what happened. I will do something more spicey next week.  (I just recently discovered this site just wanting to know where they are going next)

Thanks for the welcome! Hahaha!

Offline Coolios

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #373 on: January 12, 2008, 05:20:41 AM »
Episode 8 Comments:
  • Roadblock at Old Town Square ("Staroměstské náměstí" in Czech) was based on medieval traditions and History - a lot of attractions for tourists includes medieval stuff such a crossbow, knights etc.
  • Pitstop: "Ahoj (read "ahoy") means "hi" in Czech. And greeting "Welcome in Prague, Czech Republic" was incorrect. Karlštejn (read as "Carlshteyn") is a small village just about 30 km (18 miles) far from Prague.

Episode 9 Spoiler
We didn't see Prague Castle and Ice Rink, because there will be one more episode in Czech Republic (Prague).

Letnany Ice Arena (it's something like stadium with ice rink) and Petrinska Observatory (you can see it in episode 9 Preview) is waiting for us.

Offline ralwynjames

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #374 on: January 13, 2008, 01:02:00 PM »
Heres the preview for ep 9

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GtWZQfMnRyM