Author Topic: The Amazing Race Asia 2 **Spoiler Thread**  (Read 220701 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: The Amazing Race Asia 2 **Spoiler Thread**
« Reply #175 on: November 01, 2007, 08:42:15 PM »
I know of you Dragoondaniel! welcome to the forum and good job!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #176 on: November 01, 2007, 08:56:15 PM »
Oh very nice job Dragoondaniel!! And :welcome2: to the Forum--we are delighted you are here!

That's a great match! We are looking forward to actually seeing the show--one way or another--and will appreciate any other insights you have!

Heee...no more lurking allowed now! :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #177 on: November 01, 2007, 09:06:49 PM »
:waves: Thanks Daniel! That places it right next to the Cavenagh bridge, where the cameraman was, and only a few blocks away from Suntec City (the first task, probably).

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #178 on: November 03, 2007, 07:25:39 PM »
<a href="http://www.megavideo.com/v/O1G8AKUM261b80793df7af6641b5bd356236ebf5.604481562.0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.megavideo.com/v/O1G8AKUM261b80793df7af6641b5bd356236ebf5.604481562.0</a>

<a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/3xW076ekJg3PlnPUx" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/3xW076ekJg3PlnPUx</a>

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #179 on: November 03, 2007, 09:18:50 PM »
oh THANK YOU banzai!  :yourock:

I am dying here waiting to be able to see the whole thing! Big  :hugs: !
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #180 on: November 04, 2007, 12:34:11 AM »
The Amazing Race Asia season 2, leg #1

The starting line is @ Asian Civilisation Museum, Singapore (thanks to Dragoondaniel)

Teams take taxi to Suntec City's Fountain of Wealth and pick up another clue

Suntec City's Fountain of Wealth

Clue instructs them to grab a number to do zipline

Zip from one tower to another

After the task, clues instruct them to drive to the harbor and pick up another clue

Fly to Manila, Philippines and make their way to the Detour.
------------------------------------------------
Detour: Egg Eating or ?

Ann (red tank) & Diana (vomitting)
The sisters Pam/Vanessa ?

2nd option?

Paula & Natasha are banging something. Maybe another singing and beating the drums task.

Roadblock: ?

Pitstop: ? NEL or EL?

Survivors that were spotted in other legs:
1. Paula & Natasha (Thailand)  
2. Rovilson & Marc (Philippines)  
3. Aurelia & Sophie (Hong Kong )  
4. Adrian & Collin (Singapore)  
5. Daichi & Sawaka ( Japan )  
6. Kinar & Brett (Indonesia)  

Unknown status:
7. Henry & Terri (Philippines)  = Marc said they're controversy; might go far
8. Ann & Diane ( Malaysia ) = arrived @ the Detour in the daytime so they have better chance to survive
9. Vanessa & Pamela ( Malaysia )  = arrived @ the Detour @ night
10. Monica & Edwin (Hong Kong) ?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 02:32:42 PM by banzai »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #181 on: November 04, 2007, 01:14:34 AM »
Good Job banzai! Thanks! :hfive:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline elizabeth

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #182 on: November 09, 2007, 03:01:12 PM »
Ahhhh, I really hope that Ann/Diane survive!

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #183 on: November 16, 2007, 01:06:33 PM »
Hi, Im new here but I been around the forum for quite sometime...

Just to share something about TARA2(if its not new yet):

As I've read, Kinar(and Brett) of Team Indonesia metioned in an news article that she was in the shooting for 24 days, which is excatly how long the race lasted. So, they probably lasted quite a while and possibly in the final 3.

http://amazing-race-asia.axn-asia.com/season2/forum/76969/topic/84454/page/2/index.html#comments

They had a translation back then but im not sure where its gone to, but im pretty sure she metioned about being in shooting for 24 days.

And to confirm the race lasted 24 days long,

"And this new race will see teams cover over 50,000km across 4 continents in just 24 days, as compared to 36,000km in 2 continents last season."

http://www.axn-asia.com/press/2007/10/22/tara2-begin.html
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 01:10:30 PM by jonnal »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #184 on: November 16, 2007, 06:17:15 PM »
:welcome2: jonnal! Glad you have joined in the fun and thanks so much for pointing that out! They seem like a great team to root for so wonderful if they do end up in the final three!

Keep us posted if you see more--thanks again!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #185 on: November 16, 2007, 07:59:50 PM »
Welcome to the forum jonnal  :welcome3: :ty4posting

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #186 on: November 16, 2007, 08:45:56 PM »
Thanks, jonnal. The original you mentioned (here) and a crude translation out of Toggletext:
Kinaryosih
Around the world

The couple's participation started from their hobby watched the agenda reeking of the adventure and the tour. "We always commented, definitely OK really, was paid to travel around the world," said the woman born in this March 3 1979.

"Three weeks shooting stressfull, but fun." That most had difficulty, to the bathroom must mikir 1,000 times because that was other could nyusul. I must keep urine and drank until wanted unconscious, he said, on Tuesday (2/10) in Jakarta.

Apart from physical preparations, they tried to maintain the solidarity. "He yelled, we did not know the further route and the challenge that were dealt with," said this Sudden Dangdut film player.

For the sake of the practicability, he only carried three socks, two long trousers, and some underwear. The finalist the Femina Face 1997 deliberate brought thin clothes so that fast dry after being washed.

The other hindrance that was dealt with by Kinar was painful knees as a result of being tired. The "profit had Brett that mijit my knees," he said spoilt.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #187 on: November 16, 2007, 10:50:36 PM »
Thanks for the articles, jonnal. And welcome.  :waves: :waves:
Just here to visit.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #188 on: November 17, 2007, 01:12:31 AM »
The Frankfurt sequence was on Kalbacher Gasse, with Paula/Natasha running east towards Hauptwache. You can examine the full-size pics here, at the bottom of the page; the photog is standing near the fountain when the racers are spotted and followed as they go past a cafe,  down the rabbit hole and into the subway (probably the arrow entrance). What's on Kalbacher? Not much, some cafes; they're running from the direction of the Opera House, but that platz has its own subway stop, so I don't know what the story is. Map Link

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #189 on: November 18, 2007, 09:11:31 AM »
:welcome2: jonnal! Glad you have joined in the fun and thanks so much for pointing that out! They seem like a great team to root for so wonderful if they do end up in the final three!

Keep us posted if you see more--thanks again!

Hehe, no problem and thanks everyone!  :lol:

I would root for them too and of course Team Singapore.

Oh anyway, so it was three weeks not 24 days as stated in the article, hmm mabye I was reading something else that time, but they probably did made it far and late into the race.

And it seems strange that Kinar has came out with another article in the same newspaper and she confirmed teams went from Singapore to the Phillipines in the 1st leg and were asked to eat a balut...probably a roadblock?

I mean...Is she allowed to say these things even before the race has even begun?   B:)

Haha...mabye all these things is to put us off? :jam:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #190 on: November 18, 2007, 04:11:46 PM »
jonnal, the difference between 3 weeks and 24 days has a potential explanation. Racers tend to count the pre-race lockdown as part of their racing time because from their point of view it is. This typically takes about 3 days. However, producers typically do not count it in their statements about the length of a race.

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #191 on: November 19, 2007, 03:28:15 AM »
jonnal, the difference between 3 weeks and 24 days has a potential explanation. Racers tend to count the pre-race lockdown as part of their racing time because from their point of view it is. This typically takes about 3 days. However, producers typically do not count it in their statements about the length of a race.

Hmm, mabye, thanks for the insight...

But it is still strange that the contestants are allowed to give out "gifts" before the race started.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #192 on: November 20, 2007, 10:09:22 AM »
Episode 1 "SNEAK PEAK"  Almost a recap!!

In “The Amazing Race Asia” Season 2 pilot tomorrow night, host Allan Wu assembles all the 10 teams by the Singapore River for the adventure of a lifetime. They are shown the highs of Singapore when they are brought to one of the Republic’s famous hills and then to the top of the nation’s wealthiest buildings.

This is good news for the Singapore team composed of gym buddies Collin and Adrian. However, conflict ensues early on when the Singaporeans do something that makes Rovilson say, “Those guys are monsters. Just because he has a hearing impairment means nothing!”For the teams’ first task, they have to scramble for taxis―a special one assigned for each team―which makes hailing a cab in Singapore extra difficult, especially for two teams who get stuck searching for their cabs while the others zip to the next location.

Next, the teams are thrown a curveball and made to choose between climbing up and down 45 stories of stairs or crossing over one tall building to another, dangling 181 meters off the ground. In a race where every second counts, picking the crossover challenge is the better time-saving idea, and it expectedly induces some panic attacks from some contestants.

After a detour, the teams leave Singapore and travel over 2,000 kilometers across the seas to the next destination: a city in the Philippines. The two Philippine teams are naturally ecstatic; one even breaks out into a dance!

At the next city, teams have the luxury of digging into one of the nation’s most infamous delicacies: the balut. While several racers are famished enough to eat anything, not too many of the racers are able to consume the balut, after being told what it is. One takes a bite but spits it all out, while another courageously finishes it but regurgitates it before long.

And then there’s the mad race to the pitstop, which is always thrilling to watch. Witness how one team gets out of their vehicle to push it when the slope turns out too steep, while the others decide to ditch their rides and just rely on their feet. Find out what it takes to finish first: lightning speed, great strength or a combination of good looks and a little brain power.

Catch “The Amazing Race” Asia 2 on AXN tomorrow at 9 p.m.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #193 on: November 20, 2007, 10:44:49 AM »
Sounds interesting. I hope I can get access to this as the normal "satellite coordinates" are currently down.
Just here to visit.

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #194 on: November 22, 2007, 08:08:47 AM »
What an anti-climax it turned out to be in episode 1, with it being a non-elimination leg and "Romber" Ed and Monica is last but not eliminated...Oh...Did we mention the word Karma again...

Pam and Van 1st place is quite a surprise really... but will being in 1st place in the 1st leg curse strike again?

« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 08:18:54 AM by jonnal »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #195 on: November 22, 2007, 11:59:23 AM »
Thought I saw this one in the opening sequence!

http://www.japan-guide.com/a/video.html?0

Hiroshima, here we come?

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #196 on: November 22, 2007, 11:15:00 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-oabnU7wims&amp;rel=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-oabnU7wims&amp;rel=1</a>

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #197 on: November 23, 2007, 01:11:06 AM »
Oh what fun! Thanks banzai!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #198 on: November 23, 2007, 01:27:33 AM »
OH THANK YOU Banzai! I am dying here waiting to see it!

Darn--need some separate shots...

Wonder what does this mean?

And Neobie was right! :kissy:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #199 on: November 23, 2007, 09:00:22 AM »
Peach, it means the same that it did for Amazing Race Asia 1 - nothing special. Several of the cities on the half-globe are ones where actual racing is taking place in ARA2, such as Tokyo, Auckland as the airport to get to/from Rotorua and probably Bangkok as the airport to get to the Finish Line. But with all the European locations, I do not see ARA2 getting to Los Angeles, Sydney again, Jakarta, or Istanbul. You know that you can't take the screencaps for any Amazing Race TV show too seriously.