Author Topic: The Amazing Race Asia 2 **Spoiler Thread**  (Read 220322 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race Asia 2 **Spoiler Thread**
« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2007, 10:14:10 PM »
July 10 may be Tokyo, but it could also be other large Japanese cities such as Oaska or Nagoya.

I still believe that a stop in Seoul is quite logical for ARA2.

I think the question of where is the building in the picture of Yves Simard filming in front of the sign might be approachable via the logo on either side of the sign. It clearly says 4F on the bottom. What is above that is not distinct. It may be a hat on a person or on an animal. It's hard to tell. If anyone can blow that up and get a close look at it, it might yield better clues as to where that building is. To me it looks like an amusement arcade, of which there would be many in metropolitan areas of multi million population.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 06:06:28 AM by apskip »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: August 25, 2007, 10:34:26 PM »
You're right, there's a couple of things we might be able to shoehorn into that calendar slot: Seoul (taken 15 July) and the Rotorua sightings. Are both TARA2? Maybe... ???

Offline cabioTAR

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #102 on: August 25, 2007, 10:46:22 PM »
If the dates from the camera and postings are semi-accurate, then we have an approximate timeline:
  • 06 July Manila
  • 07 July Singapore
  • 10 July Tokyo
  • 16-17 July Prague
  • 19 July Budapest
If the dates are off, at least we have a start at fixing the relative order.

Mine ..

Manila
S'pore
NZ - Rotorua
??
??
??
??
Budapest
Prague
??
??
South Korea - Finish Line
LOVE TARA - cabioTAR

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: August 26, 2007, 02:19:14 AM »
OK, got it; they're standing just below the Freedom statue at the Citadel on Gellert hill in Budapest. (VR source here)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: August 26, 2007, 05:50:30 PM »
I went back to Slowhatch's post of July 23 about Rotorua, in which he references two blogs about the Amazing Race at Hell's Gate mud baths. The first dated Friday 7/13 is not definitive about which day she actually went to Hell's Gate. You might assume it was the date of the blog, but that is probably not true. The second one on Saturday 7/14 is definitive about having been in Rotorua only on July 8, 9, and 10 (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday) and seen the Amazing Race at Hell's Gate. To me this makes it clear that the Amazing Race was in Rotorua on July 10. It therefore could not be in Tokyo at the same time! However Tokyo or another Japanese supercity could have been the next stop, as there was time to do so and still get to Prague by the evening of July 16. Or it could have been a stop before Seoul at the end of the race.

Here is the link to the definitive blog:
http://roadrunnr.livejournal.com/31510.html

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: August 26, 2007, 05:58:51 PM »
i found this today

http://www.flickr.com/photos/robertgarcia/832645844/

looks like in Korea?

Not only does this look like Korea, the caption says Amazing Race Korea. One level down there is a tag that says "Photos are from between 12 Jul 2007 & 16 Jul 2007". I guess that tells us when ARA2 was in Korea, probably in Seoul since there are only a few major cities in Korea and there is a picture of a very complicated rail or subway system that is likely to be for Seoul.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: August 26, 2007, 06:02:41 PM »
With the information in my two posts above, revision of the projected ARA2 Timeline is in order. Here is my best guess on the first half of it:

July 6 Singapore

July 7-9 Manila

July 10 - 11 Rotorua

July 12 - 15 Korea, probably Seoul

July 16 - 18 Prague

July 19 - 20 Budapest

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: August 26, 2007, 09:10:32 PM »
Well fwiw this photo was taken just south of the Palackeho Most (bridge) on the west bank of the river just north of the Admiral Botel. It's about 1 1/2 miles away from the action at Hradcany square. What does it mean? If he was just doing a standup, zip  :lol:.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: August 26, 2007, 10:01:04 PM »
Slowhatch, Admiral Botel looks like a great place to have a pitstop. It has accomodations and food. As you know, regular TAR loves to have them on boats.

Offline Coolios

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #109 on: August 27, 2007, 06:57:50 PM »
Hello!

I live in the Czech Republic and today I spoke with a taxi driver who participated at shooting! He told me that a group of Asiatic/Caucasian people and crew were acting 'How people find each other'. That was happening near Prague Castle (photos from Prague posted here were taken there) and after that they gone to Letnany Ice Rink. I have few contacts yet, so I hope that I can find out even more info.

If you have some new spoilers or you want to ask me something, write me at petr@petrnovak.cz

[edited to fix your link petr, puddin ]
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 07:31:57 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #110 on: August 27, 2007, 07:33:20 PM »
Thank you Petr  :jumpy:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: August 28, 2007, 07:40:16 PM »
Yves' pics have been taken down. I think Michael McKay and/or Sony told him to take them down. Oh well.
Just here to visit.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: August 28, 2007, 07:44:23 PM »
Well, this isn't good.
Last season, the teams were all quite nice people, this season they’re laying their true colors out for everyone to see. Some of the teams even wanted to start fighting with me! They’re very, very angry people!
Also, there's going to be an extra episode:
We’re going to have a special episode before the actual premiere of the first leg of the race. It’s called Racers Revealed and it gives the audience the chance to get more familiar with the racers before they actually start competing on the show. In that show, there’s a good chance they’re going to show some of these audition tapes so in the future, people will have a better idea of what it takes to be in the show.
(A production/programming mistake, I think)

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: August 28, 2007, 07:53:28 PM »
Actually, on the AXN-Asia site, people kept asking Michael McKay what they should put on their audition tapes, so instead of answering the same question, it's probably best to handle it this way.
Just here to visit.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: August 28, 2007, 08:27:00 PM »
Yves' pics have been taken down.
Drat  (:;). I forgot to copy them all  :lol:. I was going to ask about the Manila pit stop too. Oh well, at least I got one more out of it: Shinjuku (photo source page)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #115 on: August 28, 2007, 08:51:13 PM »
Oh nice  find Slowhatch! and I have all of Yves' pictures saved but will hang on to them because I don't want either Yves or McKay to be mad at us  :lol:

Offline cabioTAR

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #116 on: August 28, 2007, 09:14:56 PM »
Oh nice  find Slowhatch! and I have all of Yves' pictures saved but will hang on to them because I don't want either Yves or McKay to be mad at us  :lol:

this was my concern too....

Mike may be OK ... as below...

1 day ago, Michael McKay says: 

Thanks Kheva78. We'd love to come back to Jakarta and will certainly let you and all the fans know when we are coming.
CabioTAR, I think the spoilers are a fact of life and don't really worry about them unless they are really spoiling the show for fans.

I caught up with my friends from TAR this week and the new series promises to be sensational.

AXN ????

LOVE TARA - cabioTAR

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: August 28, 2007, 09:23:52 PM »
OK, got it. He's standing in front of a Don Quixote ("Donki Kingdom"--a 24-hour discount chain) store at the corner of Yasukuni-Dori and Kabuki-cho (red light district???)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #118 on: August 28, 2007, 09:29:03 PM »
When I searched penguin with santa hat logo 4f, I came up with DON QUIJOTE but couldn't match the building so thought it was silly  :angel:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: August 28, 2007, 10:49:58 PM »
In the absence of any more info, two early guesses:
  • Like TAR9, they get a clue from the giant video screen at Studio Alta, a popular meeting place for young people
  • The racers play pachinko (Shinjuku has a lot of p-parlors) and exchange the silver pellets for their clue

Offline cabioTAR

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #120 on: August 29, 2007, 09:00:25 AM »
wow! they went to Japan...

have instinct ...

Japan is Finish Line

Japan Team are in Final 3 - All girl team ....
LOVE TARA - cabioTAR

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: August 30, 2007, 01:37:43 AM »
The structure she's standing on was bugging me; it took a while but I finally found it: Fun Extreme Canopy, just east of the Visegrad citadel.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: August 30, 2007, 05:57:19 AM »
Fabulous find, Slowhatch. Let's have a little more on Visegrad, such as:

Visegrad Castle

One of Hungary's foremost tourist attractions and repositories of its cultural heritage, the famous Visegrad Castle. Visegrad Castle is a good half hour's hike uphill from the Danube. Its impressively large walls provide some incredible views of the surrounding river valley. The town of Visegrad is situated in a picturesque and strategic location north of Budapest at the bend of the Danube River. It was used by the Romans as a military fortress in the 4th century and became a Slavic settlement in the 9th century when they named it Visegrad, the Slavic word for "high castle." The citadel was protected by a moat carved from the rock and its Treasury Tower was where the royal insignia were stored.

Visegrad Castle is about 25 miles directly north of Budapest, but maybe 30 miles by boat.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 07:49:23 AM by apskip »

Offline cabioTAR

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #123 on: August 30, 2007, 07:32:24 AM »
The structure she's standing on was bugging me; it took a while but I finally found it: Fun Extreme Canopy, just east of the Visegrad citadel.

well done  :dancer:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 09:16:01 AM by cabioTAR »
LOVE TARA - cabioTAR

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: August 30, 2007, 11:31:24 PM »
OK, I'm reasonably sure of this photo, so I'll go ahead.
Compare the tiles and battlements with this tourist photo. I think the soundman is standing on top of the Salamon tower, the lower part of the Visegrad castle. I've included the probable viewpoint below (original size source here). The red-roofed building in the background can be seen in the photos here and here.