Author Topic: The Amazing Race Asia 2 **Spoiler Thread**  (Read 220324 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
The Amazing Race Asia 2 **Spoiler Thread**
« on: July 12, 2007, 09:56:18 AM »
You know they are coming--so put 'em here! ;D

Well, somebody saw something. There's a clue box on the left, and the Fountain of Wealth on the right (didn't TARA already go there?). It was uploaded today, but I've forgotten how to check the exif at Flickr to confirm the dates. TARA2 should still be in the interview process, anyway.
I'm not sure what it is. I've checked TARA1 video and the Suntec sequence for them was at night (also, the cluebox--kmz attached--was in a different location). Could it be US TAR? US racers like to wear matching outfits. Fwiw, here's the blog entry (same photos).
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 05:42:03 PM by puddin »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kilarney

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: The Amazing Race Asia 2 **Spoiler Thread**
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 02:25:16 PM »
When does it start?  The last thing I heard was that the application deadline was extended.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 05:00:24 PM »
We  were talking about this HERE.

TARA2 applicants had until 7/6 to be notified and that post seems to suggest something is happening!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 10:43:19 PM »
I don't read Tagalog, but here are some TAR flags, cameramen and soundmen, and tasks that seem to involve bicycle assembly and a pile of shoes. Also, a fellow in one of the photos bears a resemblance to producer Michael McKay.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 11:24:51 PM »
Good job Slowhatch!!

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 12:42:34 AM »
A blog mention posted on 08 July:
Zab's away for a month. She finished producing for "Project Runway Malaysia" 2 weeks ago. She had very few hours of sleep each night and I would see her every second day for a few minutes before she'd head off to sleep. Now she's been gone for a week flying around the world working for " The Amazing Race Asia" as a Producer. I get an email from her every few days to say that she is safe and even more tired than she was when doing Project Runway. 3 more weeks to go and it's going to feel a lot longer than that.
The name sounded familiar. It turns out the blogger, Jason Armstrong, is the husband of...guess who;D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2007, 12:57:03 AM »
Another great find Slowhatch!

And that blog mentioned the "Manila" leg too! :happy:

So now we have  two locations, right?

(What city was the first one in?) and the Philippines?

Amazing Race Asia 2 - Manila Leg
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2007, 01:20:17 AM »
I'm guessing it started in Singapore and moved to Manila--and by now it's in the third city.
kaninang hapon naabutan ko ang isa sa mga tasks (2nd leg) ng ARA2...
I'm not sure how the blogger knew it was the second leg; maybe he overheard something or maybe, like me, he guessed.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 01:35:31 AM »
And that link shows 2 pairs of contestants too! :yess:

Wonder if the person is with production? We need a translator!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2007, 01:47:59 AM »
Got it translated! (Thanks go out to Alice, a Filipina friend of mine!) It may not be 100% correct because of the constant jumps between English and Tagalog and kinda imperfect grammar in the original passage...

I saw a task of ARA2 this afternoon along Rizal Avenue, at the Carreido LRT Station. The tasks: find the shoe amongst 100 pairs that has no matching opposite, and assemble a bicycle.

Marc Nelson, who is the only person who went to the Philippines, says he only saw three matching pairs of shoes. He is the first team.

Good luck to Team Philippines. I hope you win this time!

Is Marc Nelson one of the contestants? And did the post mean he's FROM the Philippines? Argh, headache.

Oh, and Carriedo is a light-rail station not to far from the Manila downtown. Transport to and fro should be absolutely no problem.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 09:46:28 AM by Neobie »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2007, 03:00:16 AM »
Thanks Alice and Neobie  :jumpy:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2007, 06:38:47 AM »
Thanks SO much neobie for the quick work!  :happy:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2007, 09:48:15 AM »
Hmm... Might follow AXN's trend of casting mactors.

And this could also explain the strange wording about "went to the Philippines" instead of "from the Philippines". He was born in Australia, so it could be argued either way...

This article says he's studied Human Geography and "has lived in Sydney, Tanzania, Kenya, Tasmania, Hong Kong, Canada, the U.S. and the Philippines". Wow!

Or could he be part of the production crew?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2007, 09:51:53 AM »
WOW! Now I KNOW I am watching! :lol:  :luvu:

Izad did say that they were interviewing some celebrity types...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2007, 03:51:27 PM »
The pictures of ARA2 in Manila(referenced in Slowhatch's post of July 14) were taken July 6. That was at least the second stop on ARA2, so ARA2 should be past the halfway point 12 days later. They are doing a good job of staying out of the public view.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 05:16:41 PM by apskip »

Offline Izad

• " spoiler extraordinaire "
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2007, 02:14:35 AM »
No one I personally know from Malaysia made the cut (and I know a looot of people who did..  :lol:). And after the TAR ASS spoiling stint, I'm pretty sure they're being EXTRA careful about filming it here. Don't think they'll be stopping by here in Malaysia, but we'll continue on the look out. Good job everyone!

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2007, 03:13:31 PM »
No one I personally know from Malaysia made the cut (and I know a looot of people who did..  :lol:). And after the TAR ASS spoiling stint, I'm pretty sure they're being EXTRA careful about filming it here. Don't think they'll be stopping by here in Malaysia, but we'll continue on the look out. Good job everyone!

Izad, that's a good reason but I will offer you an alternative one. Here is the list of visits made by Amazing Races to Malaysia already:

AR3 from Petronas Towers (Kuala Lumpur) to Singapore by train

AR4 from Manukan Island to Sepilok

AR11 around Kuala Lumpur(as nobody knows better than you)

ARA1 leg 1- Kuala Lumpur

ARA1 leg 12 - travel around Kuching, Sarawak

5 visits is probably better than anywhere else except Hawaii.

Offline drichie aj

• RFF Newbie
wow nice
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2007, 10:07:37 AM »
 :jumpy:
yey ara2 came in2 d philippines!!!kaya ng pinoy!!!GO TEAM PHILIPPINES!!!

im just patriotic in such a way i support my race!

wel i wud lyk 2 hav frends in hir hu r tar and ara fanantic..by d way d u have myspace or friendster account?thnx can i get it? :yess:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2007, 09:10:42 PM »
Welcome  drichie aj!

:hello2:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2007, 09:46:01 PM »
From the TARA website at AXN-Asia, Michael McKay posted the following a week ago:

7 days ago, Michael McKay says: 

To all of the fans of TARA who missed out on selection, I'm sorry you didn't make it this time around. As I've said before, it is as much about the mix so you should consider trying again for season three.

Right now we are all working very hard on the Race and I can assure you TARA2, when it screens later in the year, will be well worth the wait. It really will be an amazing series and I'm certain the fans will love it.

The Amazing Race (USA) will also be back for a 12th season so there's plenty of racing coming up on AXN. Enjoy!

He didn't say anything about the locales, nor would I expect him to, but it's nice for him to confirm that the show is on!  :piano: :piano: :yess: :yess:

Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2007, 12:05:55 PM »
Welcome aboard drichie :hithere:

A spoiler via sucks
Ramona Balboa   

Re: Re: Amazing Race Asia 2 Spoilers
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Well, I'm shocked to say that I apparently have a spoiler and about a show I don't follow at all--Asian AR....

A person who used to work in my office just e-mailed me from Budapest where she's visiting relatives. She used to endure the weekly discussions of the Amazing Race with a smile that indicated we were totally demented. 

So, from the e-mail dated today, July 22:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The other day we were at Heroes Square and there were people dressed in graduate garb under each hero statue. Two girls with backpacks were running around trying to pronounce the names of the heroes correctly and the graduates were judging whether they pronounced the names correctly. There was also a camera following the girls around. I was asked by one of the girls how to pronounce a name (Mátyás) and was later asked to sign a waiver in case I got on TV. It turned out to be some sort of Asian Amazing Race. I thought of you guys :) 

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2007, 09:43:18 AM »
Two different blogs--one dated the 13th (here) and one dated the 14th (here)--about teams and crews transiting Rotorua. No mention of which particular TAR, but I'll assume it's TARA.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2007, 09:50:04 AM »
Two different blogs--one dated the 13th (here) and one dated the 14th (here)--about teams and crews transiting Rotorua. No mention of which particular TAR, but I'll assume it's TARA.

tar5 went to hells gate so it has to be tara

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2007, 11:28:11 AM »
Also, what's a logical stop midway in time between Manila on July 6 and Budapest July 20? New Zealand is always a good choice and the Rotorua area is the prime tourist attraction of the North Island. It's only about 11000 miles and 2 additional pitstops from there to Budapest. Where did ARA2 stop between Manila and Rotorua? Beats me, as there are hundreds of possibilities including Guam, every major city in Australia, and BRUNEI. There's where that Brunei rumor would possibly have come true.

Offline cabioTAR

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2007, 01:46:26 AM »
Hi! All Detective of TAR/TARA ....

Great job ....

About Zab in TARA 2 production - from her husband's blog we knew that ... heard that she got invitation from Mike to be in TARA 2 -- so my guees, then she quitted job...

Then I also know she was in Project Runaway Production . She did told me - like the blog - she was very tired. There was 1 time she ping me on google talk right after she back from PR shooting. She said was too tired.

I've tried to call and sms/text her and no reply. As per Jason's blogs - so confrim TARA2 is in the race now...

let's hunt them...
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 11:19:19 AM by cabioTAR »
LOVE TARA - cabioTAR