Author Topic: TAR12 speculation on spoilers & teams etc ..  (Read 143743 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Insider Vids for Week 4 Phils now complete mines elimination station page 4
« Reply #350 on: November 27, 2007, 02:01:03 AM »
And let's wait till the sun is up! I was good till I got all confused tonight!  :pull

yeah--somebody besides the other half of my brain give it a go tomorrow in the morning! :cmas10
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #351 on: November 27, 2007, 02:03:30 AM »
sorry to hi-jack your thread Kogs  :-[
So i was rewatching EP1 and thought it was interesting when Phil says "the first team to cross the finish line after 11 legs will win 1 million $$" the camara pans to the Blondes, then Donald/Nic, and last Rachel &TK  cheering & clapping , just thought it was interesting.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #352 on: November 27, 2007, 01:51:11 PM »
Based on this,if Phil isn't lying (and if this is stated to the racers, he shouldn't be).  Then when we were told they got rid of the non eliminations, what they actually meant was they got ride of the TBC. 

Now either would work withthe aired footage of Jason saying that they might still be in it (even if last).  But with mat footage of them mentioning it, I think we can now assume that unless the speed bump is some form of Save (say a way to skip the Mat and progress to the next clue) then we have to assume that we have two non elims and no TBC.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #353 on: November 27, 2007, 02:27:28 PM »
Damn it all to hell --cannot think outside the box! and they did drop 2 episodes the usual 13 is now 11. Now I must go read BVM interviews again  :cmas3

"The Amazing Race": The Emmy-winning reality show is not on the fall schedule and will return later. "The countries are very exotic," Littman says. "We're going to a couple of places that I don't even know where they are on the map. I've had to go look them up."

As for the teams? Lively.

"This is a tough group," Littman says. "They'll be younger. We still have a good balance."

The show will will do two fewer episdoes and drop the noneliminations to create more excitement.

link

Also adding to The Amazing Race 12's excitement level, according to van Munster, is the fact that the show has done away with non-elimination legs, a format change executive producer Jonathan Littman first revealed at the Television Critics Association summer press.

"The audience and ourselves, we're not crazy about non-eliminations," said van Munster.  "It's exciting to see people eliminated at the end of every episode."

Non-elimination legs have been part of The Amazing Race since the reality competition series first premiered in Fall 2001, and the show's fifth edition was the first in which teams were penalized for being the last to reach non-elimination Pit Stops.  Doing away with non-elimination legs means there will also be no more penalties, an aspect that van Munster said will also make The Amazing Race 12 more fast-paced.

The fact that a team will be eliminated at the end of every The Amazing Race 12 leg will also keep the contestants on their toes.
"For the contestants, the heat's on every step of the way," added van Munster.  "Every leg of the way the heat is on because they can be eliminated."

RTW
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 02:31:52 PM by puddin »

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #354 on: November 27, 2007, 03:23:38 PM »
I think BVM is throwing us off on purpose.  ??? ??? (:;) (:;) :cmas15 :cmas15
Just here to visit.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #355 on: November 27, 2007, 03:24:10 PM »
So then Phil stated it wrong and that they must still have the DBC (DBL) legs but no on eliminations.  

And when Phil stated 11 legs he actually meant 11 episodes, and while people do get saved by a dbl leg, it isn't like a non elimination save.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #356 on: November 27, 2007, 03:25:50 PM »
You raise a good point, mswood. Ignore my post above yours.  :cmas3
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR12 speculation on spoilers & teams etc ..
« Reply #357 on: November 28, 2007, 02:21:14 AM »
One more time with the Croatia boats! Remember these came from 3 different sources~

June 17th
Fat boat guy brings the first boat out to tie to the raft thingy

one by one

assumes Christina & Ron are out on their boat first or done with this detour task

mobeary at flickrs says:
We also talked to some people from England who didn't know what the show was, but told us they had seen two couples in row boats being videotaped. They weren't sure, but thought one couple (team) seemed to be doing well and the other (who they thought was male-female) was having a lot of difficulty. 

« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 11:38:21 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #358 on: November 28, 2007, 02:35:31 AM »
Why particularly Christina/Ron?

Remember our source said it was the teams in the back of the pack who chose to row instead of climb.

I guess I always thought it would be Azaria/Hendekea cuz they were so late.

Chateau has this timed:

The shadow on this flotation barrel is as good as looking at a clock!

This shot was taken between 5:04 and 5:48 pm (assumes July 19th)

« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 02:44:57 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #359 on: November 28, 2007, 10:38:36 AM »

Remember our source said it was the teams in the back of the pack who chose to row instead of climb.

I thought she didn't see the first set of teams just the later teams? Maybe Chateau can redo the time on the raft?  See this is why I wanted this all in one thread  :cmas28

This shot was taken between 12:29 and 12:37 pm (assumes July 19th)

For the late team (above) it looks like an elimination vantage shot to me!

So now the shadow from the corner can give the time.

This shot was taken here between 12:38 and 12:51 pm (assumes July 19th)

« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 10:55:21 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #360 on: November 28, 2007, 01:14:31 PM »
See-- it can't be the Siblings on the other boat that I have marked as #2 --they are just arriving to the Detour cluebox and Don/Nic have already zipped to the rafts. My guess was it was Ron/Christina that took the other boat but really it could have been one of the other earlier teams. I'll modify that picture later with a ? for the team that took boat #2.

Chateau has this timed:

Nice work Puddin n' Peach   :yess: :yess:

From your lead...

This shot was taken here from here between 5:58 and 6:10 pm (assumes July 19th)

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #361 on: November 29, 2007, 04:08:23 PM »
Not too sure where to put this but I remember talk of Elise saying that they were affected by Monsoons in India this time around, I remember seeing a map from peach but I can't for the life of me find it.

anyways, I've looked at daily rainfall amounts from various stations around India for the 21st - 25th July.  This rules out the Northern part of India and definitely puts the southern part into play.

http://www.tropmet.res.in/~kolli/MOL/Monsoon/frameindex.html

Jodhur has hardly any rainfall that week

Stations that had rainfall over the average are:-

BHUVANESHWAR
HYDERABAD
BANGALORE
TRIVANDRUM
PATNA
LUCKNOW

Bhuvaneshwar and Trivandrum are the closest to a coastline  (searching for yogi)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #362 on: November 29, 2007, 04:35:16 PM »
Here you go Patlini--it was puddin's chart:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,12521.msg237469.html#msg237469

But good job!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #363 on: November 29, 2007, 08:02:42 PM »

sorry puddin.....

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #364 on: November 29, 2007, 08:07:06 PM »

sorry puddin.....
No problem patlini, I can't always remember who posted what, really its like where was that thing that whathisface posted? :cmas26

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #365 on: November 30, 2007, 05:11:03 PM »
Peach,

I want to take a chance on explaining the TBC issue to you. You start with 11 legs. You believe the statement that there are no non-elim legs. You believe 8 elim legs and know that there will have to be one final leg with no eliminations involved. That leaves 2 legs unaccounted for. Those 2 legs have to be TBCs (or call them half of double legs if you want). They can't logically be anything else. 8 + 1 + 2 = 11.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #366 on: November 30, 2007, 06:37:45 PM »
Gee...thanks. I was pretty tired that night!

I think the point is that what TPTB call a LEG can run over two episodes thanks to the TBC which then becomes  one "UBER LEG" which explains how they can say every leg has an elim.

Right? She's got It? By George! :happy:

But we need to be alert to the fact that one can turn up anytime now---so if we can't get the teams somewhere we think they should be---that could be why.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #367 on: November 30, 2007, 09:57:02 PM »
Peach, actually it works the opposite. The TBC allows teams to keep going with no 12 hour delay and they can get further in that double leg than they could if it ended after the first part with a normal pitstop. But you knew that.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #368 on: November 30, 2007, 10:33:21 PM »
And I thought I was saying that! heee.....I am going to quit this before I confuse the socks off the rest of you!

I've got it! :happy:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #369 on: November 30, 2007, 10:36:08 PM »
And I thought I was saying that! heee.....I am going to quit this before I confuse the socks off the rest of you!

I've got it! :happy:
Good thing there are only 3 of us Capricorns here sharing a brain peach   :hearts:  :kisses

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #370 on: December 01, 2007, 05:32:22 PM »
I suppose they wern't told that the non- elims no longer exist?

Lorena & Jason interview~

JC: I understand. What did you think of the U-Turn twist in general? Did you think it was fair? Did you think it was too early in the game to have a twist like that?

JW: I thought it was a little early. I definitely thought it was bad placement, because there was nothing there to equalize everybody. It would have been better...

LS: If we were all together.

JW: It was a definite deal breaker for us. It would have made more sense if it would have been a non-elimination leg.

LS: Yeah, if we then had to face them later it would have been more dramatic.

JW: That would have been much better, but they just didn't decide to do that. It just didn't make as much sense that way.

JC: Yeah, it almost seemed that this was going to be a non-elimination leg based on how positive Jason was. Did either of you think it was going to be a non-elimination leg?

LS: Yeah, we both thought that.

JW: I was just saying that it wasn't the fault of either of us, so you might as well not be negative about it because that wouldn't have worked. I was starting to enjoy myself and we had already put that much into it. But that's the race. You win some, and you lose some.

link

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #371 on: December 01, 2007, 08:04:55 PM »
The Blondes also stated in one of the Innertube videos/Mat chats  that they thought the 2nd Ouagadougou leg would be a NEL and Phil never corrected that--so I am pretty sure the racers didn't know.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #372 on: December 01, 2007, 08:30:23 PM »
Well it all depends.  The racers might just consider the DBC legs to be non elimination legs.  Because that is the purpose they have served.  And to the racers, they really are almost identical.

After all each still has a huge period where teams are equalized (the shortest being 10 hours the longest being 2 days).

For the racers there is only really a few differences.

1.  No provided sleeping area, no provided food, not having to do the after Pit Stop interviews.
2.  And not getting credit for winning a leg.

#2 has always bothered me as a fan.  And I think Tyler (from season 10) said it best.  When he talked about how pissed off he was that all their work in that leg was wasted.  They get no credit from fans for what in all fairness is a full leg of events.  There isn't a prize or anything to win.  They could have taken their time, enjoyed the local scenery and still been in just as good a shape.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #373 on: December 04, 2007, 03:30:56 PM »

Chateau has this timed:

:cmas22 So maybe I was right the first time? Chris and Dad on the boat I have marked #2?  :mas25

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #374 on: December 04, 2007, 06:39:34 PM »
You know--based on boat colors--I think Nich/Gramps  are in #2--see how it is still attached to #3?

I think the dark blue outside one is #1 and holds Nate/Jenny, so I agree they would be ahead of N/Don.

The puzzle now will be is Ron/Christina last? Of course, anything can happen on the water...
RFF's Golden Rule: