Author Topic: TAR12 speculation on spoilers & teams etc ..  (Read 143932 times)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Re: The Amazing Race 12 Spoilers
« Reply #250 on: November 01, 2007, 04:40:39 PM »
The tight black pants can also be Kynt and Vyxen --

I hope either Goths, or Rachel & TK win.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: The Amazing Race 12 Speculation Thread
« Reply #251 on: November 01, 2007, 05:54:59 PM »
Bringing this over from Media:

From this article:

BVM Interview with RealityTVworld

RE: Route:

Ireland is one of five new countries The Amazing Race 12 filmed in, along with Croatia, Lithuania and two African countries with names that van Munster said most people can't pronounce.

"It's very exciting to go to new locations because we have gone to places where people have never seen a television camera or have never seen television," he explained.  "But these are the people we also have to work with.  So from a producer's perspective, it's more than exciting."

okay...did someone think Burkina Faso was two countries or could this be legit? :rotf:

Re: Short course:

The Amazing Race 12's course will span approximately 30,000 miles in 21 days, making it one of the shortest courses in the show's 12 seasons (The Amazing Race's Fall 2005 Family Edition, which included young children and their families as contestants, also spanned 30,000 miles).

"There was really no reason," explained van Munster about the competition's shorter-than-normal course.  "It was just the way the logic was laid out to go from which country to which country.  It just happened to be like this.  It's a very short Race in the sense it's 21 days -- still 30,000 miles in 21 days, which is a lot of traveling.  The heat is really on this."

21 days--could Alaska be our Final City after all??!!

Apskip responded :

PEACH, van Munster has been known to make serious geographic mistakes. However, I think we have to take him at his word on 2 African countries. That knocks out Florence, but it makes a lot of sense. Why go to Africa for just 2 days and fly right back? I believe that flying back to Florence after Dubrovnik is just not going to happen in this super-fast face course.

The other equally important implication is that July 29 - July 8 = 21 days. Girdwood or Anchorage is the FINISH LINE. There will be no traditional finish in the lower 48. Some year they will do the same in Hawaii.

and then I responded:

I agree with everything you are saying about why it makes sense to stay in Africa, apskip....But I still am questioning whether or not this could be a reporting error?

Ireland is one of five new countries The Amazing Race 12 filmed in, along with Croatia, Lithuania and two African countries with names that van Munster said most people can't pronounce.

If we have five new countries: and we already have Ireland, Croatia, Lithuania, Burkina Faso, and Taiwan---how does that leave room for another African country?

I am just concerned that this quote is NOT quoting BVM directly, and I think it could possibly reflect a reporters misinterpretation of what was heard. I would have been more comfortable if it had been a direct quote from BVM instead. Someone not famililar with Burkina Faso could have possibly misinterpreted that as two countries. Since we don't know for sure, I guess we'll have to continue speculating at this point, IMO.

And I think with the new 21 day info that Alaska COULD be the Finale City although I want to review my source info closely. The area the tasks took place in is remote and I am having trouble visualizing ALL the teams appearing there awaiting the final run to the Mat. Not to say that they couldn't go back to Girdwood or even Anchorage though on the same day. So this will all require another close look from us!

And while this started out as a Media topic,  I may copy this over to Speculation as well for further discussion of all the possibilities.

and puddin wondered:

So if Florence doesn't fit into your schedule/timeline it is knocked out? Also why count July 8th as a day? Why can't they be back in the states on July 30th?

So --this is all pretty important!

What do the rest of you think??

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #252 on: November 01, 2007, 06:59:53 PM »
I think the only truly difficult-to-pronounce names of African countries besides Burkina Faso are Djibouti and Guinea-Bassau. However, van Munster's 65% rule would eliminate both of them even though it appears he has waffled on the 5 or maybe 6 new countries since Taiwan is a lock with Croatia, Lithuania and Ireland.
It is imposible to resolve when the data in conflicting.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #253 on: November 01, 2007, 07:31:50 PM »
I don't trust BVM's math at all-- 65% or not --remember his mileage to Antarctica?? :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #254 on: November 01, 2007, 07:37:41 PM »
Yes I do. That was the subject of one of the several letters I have sent to BVM whenever he makes a ludicrous geographic mistake in public. He has obviously made another mistake of some sort here, but which is the wrong information? Is it 65%? Is it 21 days? Is it 2 NEW African countries? Is it 5 new countries when apparently it should be 6? Who knows? I wish we had a way of obtaining a reconciliation quickly, but I don't know how to do so. Also, you won't be surprised to hear that I never received any response to any of my BVM letters.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #255 on: November 01, 2007, 07:47:39 PM »
He never responds. I've written him about TAR stuff as well. I think he puts his letters in the forget file.
Just here to visit.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #256 on: November 01, 2007, 08:12:50 PM »
OK, here goes a big-time important speculation, based on my knowledge of the geography of Burkina Faso, the air routes in West Africa, and the land routes and discounting the fact that this place is quite pronounceable:

Niamey, capital of NIGER

Why?
1. Because you can drive there from Dourtenga quite easily.
2. Because it is relatively easy to fly out of Niamey.

Here are two flights out on July 17:
AF731/1418 connecting through Paris-CDG to Frankfurt deaprting NIM 2350 arriving FRA 0900 +1 in time for multiple connections to DBV including OU419 depart FRA 1210 arrive DBV 1355

AT546/810 connecting through Casablanca to Frankfurt departing NIM 0245 arriving
FRA 1345 (note that flight times are slightly different for July 18) then getting later connection at 1800 through Zagreb arriving DBV 2225

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #257 on: November 01, 2007, 08:30:49 PM »
Wonder if the reporter would have any insight into this? I'd be willing to contact him/her if we thought it would do any good...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #258 on: November 01, 2007, 08:48:59 PM »

I hope you are right Michael.

Wait, did I just type that....

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 01, 2007, 08:55:21 PM »
 :lol:
i take offense to that

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #260 on: November 01, 2007, 08:56:44 PM »

I hope you are right Michael.

Wait, did I just type that....

No it was said that the girls had tight pants, its all in the first post this thread.

*There was at least one team that was “goth.” They had either dyed their hair pink or were wearing a wig.
 *Several of the teams were not quite dressed appropriately to handle the heat or the cultural requirements, so it will be interesting to see what they do (there was a goth team and the guy was wearing white face paint!).
*there were the girls who were wearing tight warm-up pants…very shocking to the conservative Burkinabe culture where women wear skirts and dresses that go below the knee in public.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #261 on: November 02, 2007, 09:34:43 AM »
I have a hypothesis about how Florence fits into AR12:

Sequester Point for Elimination Station

It is fairly central to Ireland, Amsterdam, West Africa, Dubrovnik and even Vilnius.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #262 on: November 02, 2007, 10:39:47 AM »
When have we ever gotten promo Vidcaps for Sequester though? I am more willing to think the article is incorrect thsn I am to believe that....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #263 on: November 02, 2007, 02:23:18 PM »
Bringing this over from Media:

From this article:

BVM Interview with RealityTVworld

RE: Route:

Since this is the speculation thread I'll take a chance and predict Dourtenga is BVM's so called second "country" in African.
Slowhatch-- Dourtenga, southeast of Ouagadougou.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #264 on: November 02, 2007, 02:57:04 PM »
puddin, it is possible that you may be right. However, van Munster is certain to know the difference between a small area of Burkina Faso and an entire country.

Offline the_headcrusher

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • You flathead!
Re: TAR12 speculation on spoilers & teams etc ..
« Reply #265 on: November 05, 2007, 12:05:02 AM »
Am I a bad person if I want to see the teams go to Niger? More specifically I want to see a few of the teams mispronounce it.....yes I am going to hell  :(
A good landing is one you can walk away from.  A great landing is one where they can use the plane again.

Offline TKM809

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #266 on: November 09, 2007, 01:44:43 PM »
where can i read the boot list  do we have one on here do we know the finale 3 teams yet? just asking ? sorry if  i ask  in the  post 

thank you   :kissy:

Offline KingCrimson88

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #267 on: November 09, 2007, 06:16:57 PM »
There is no bootlist this season.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #268 on: November 09, 2007, 06:25:03 PM »
where can i read the boot list  do we have one on here do we know the finale 3 teams yet? just asking ? sorry if  i ask  in the  post 

thank you   :kissy:

No "bootlist" --but you can refer to page one of this thread for puddin's excellent summary of what we do know so far. And it is Updated often--so keep checking!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #269 on: November 10, 2007, 12:37:28 PM »
we do have a (sort of) list of the final 6 or 7. Not really a boot list, but...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #270 on: November 10, 2007, 12:59:33 PM »
All of which can be found in puddin's  page one summary!  ;)

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #271 on: November 11, 2007, 10:06:32 PM »
Two different individuals at SUCKS have stated that the finish of AR12 is between Marianna and Julia and Ronald and Christina and that the women win. That is the first finish spoiler I have seen.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #272 on: November 11, 2007, 10:14:46 PM »
Two different individuals at SUCKS have stated that the finish of AR12 is between Marianna and Julia and Ronald and Christina and that the women win. That is the first finish spoiler I have seen.
And you believe these individuals because..? Link please.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #273 on: November 11, 2007, 10:15:40 PM »

:ythat: to what puddin said and can we have some linkage if possible
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 10:36:09 PM by Kogs »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 11, 2007, 10:19:13 PM »
No no no impossbile - the blondes or the goths win -- im getting a vibe!