Author Topic: TAR12 speculation on spoilers & teams etc ..  (Read 143761 times)

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
Re: The Amazing Race 12 Speculation Thread
« Reply #150 on: September 21, 2007, 10:21:51 AM »
so do we know the date this will air yet?
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #151 on: September 21, 2007, 10:33:53 AM »
so do we know the date this will air yet?

we have to see which shows make it past a month. personally i think if it does make it to air before january it wont be until november

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #152 on: September 21, 2007, 10:43:29 AM »
Sadly no, CeeeJay...

It is still listed as a midseason replacement, which means it could still slide into the spot of an early booted CBS show this fall--but in reality, I suspect that it will probably not be until late Jan-early Feb of 2008.

One of the reasons I think it won't be until then is that if we are lucky enough to get it in Nov, they would want to have another race running by late Nov to ensure having a race ready for airing in Jan/Feb 2008 in order to make May sweeps...  And we have seen no evidence of any interviews/casting going on yet.

And former racer buzz seems to suggest that TPTB really want to delay this to rebuild some anticipation/buzz before the new season. They seem to think that 2 shows a year may bore us--oh PLEASE!

Breaks my heart but I think we have a long wait--and think how the teams themselves must feel having to wait 6 months!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #153 on: September 22, 2007, 04:11:02 PM »
 :angel:  FWIW, yet more talk about fifth TAR Emmy & TAR12 in Tarflies interview with Zach from TAR3.

http://www.tarflies.com/downloads/ZachEmmy5.mp3

Offline $HOP@HOL!C

• RFF Full Member
Re: The Amazing Race 12 Spoilers
« Reply #154 on: September 23, 2007, 12:22:57 PM »
Hi! I haven't been on here in forever!! So what's happened so far? Have the teams been discovered yet?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #155 on: October 07, 2007, 11:30:35 AM »
After Amsterdam and before the flight out of Paris, I hope (speculate?,  no,  just hope) that the Race goes to Nimes, France.

And this would be the view from the mat:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #156 on: October 07, 2007, 11:47:52 AM »
TPTB need us in their leg planning department! I like that view!

And the best part? Nimes has a great brocante (antique  market) by the arena!

Task: you must purchase and carry to the pitstop 2 French side chairs....

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #157 on: October 07, 2007, 12:00:47 PM »
Quick quiz Peach,

Do you know the connection between Nimes and this:

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #158 on: October 07, 2007, 12:14:20 PM »
There is great debate over where the heart and soul of Levis jeans, the denim material, came from. General theory says that it was named for a material first made in France around the end of the 1700s, and known as serge de Nimes. But the problem was that the serge, was made of silk and wool, whereas denim has always been made of cotton. The name however, made sense,
since de Nimes, of Nimes, was simply pronounced denim.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #159 on: October 07, 2007, 12:16:06 PM »
You got it!!!    :jumpy:

Here is my prepared answer:

It comes from Levi Strauss needing a sturdy fabric for his jeans.  He went to Nimes found the fabric called serge.  It was called serge de Nimes.  And that eventually got shortened to just denim.

Cool huh?

The locals are very proud of this and they even have a little museum at the Pont du Gard visitor center devoted to the Levis connection.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 12:27:07 PM by Chateau d If »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #160 on: October 07, 2007, 12:29:23 PM »
Very cool! and I am not talking about the fabric...  :angel:  :-[
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #161 on: October 07, 2007, 01:44:18 PM »
Oh nice ummm jeans  :-[ Chateau.

fwiw:

Rudi Teichmann = www: http://www.bt-film.de
 Filmografie Auswahl
Jahr Filmtitel Beschreibung
2007 The Amazing Race #12 Reality TV Format für CBS, Bruckheimer TV, World Race Production, LA, US
2006 The Amazing Race #10 Reality TV Format für CBS, Bruckheimer TV, World Race Production, LA, US
2005 The Amazing Race #9 Reality TV Format für CBS, Bruckheimer TV, Line Production, Emmy Award 2006
2004 The Amazing Race #6 Reality TV Format für CBS, Bruckheimer TV, Line Production

B&T Films produces films. Each and every production is an original with its own chances and conditions. Our interest is stories with the potential to cross borders. English language pictures and co-productions with partners from abroad are welcomed. For the coming years B&T is developing a slate of English language movies with partners in Ireland, France, North-America and England. Our goal is economical success of each product and high profits for venture capital and private placement investors.

B&T Films offers full production service and line production for producers from abroad. We provide the experience of about 100 productions, ranging from a 15 min short and Cannes competitor, European feature film co-production, line-production of one of the most successful US reality programms worldwide and multiple Emmy winner and service productions for US and UK feature films and Bafta, Golden Globe and Emmy winners.

B&T Films maintains close relations to producers in the UK, Ireland, Canada, the US, the Benelux, France and Scandinavia.

B&T Films is a completely independent business operation.
Our independence is the advantage of our partners. Financially and creatively

« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 02:12:55 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #162 on: October 07, 2007, 02:30:34 PM »
The Netherlands is so small that distances are short--they could easily get to Germany in a few hours--and still be heading towards the plane in Paris...

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #163 on: October 07, 2007, 02:52:02 PM »
Wouldn't you think there would be more blogs mentioning a goth team? especially one with pink hair and one with white face paint  :lol:?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 03:09:39 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #164 on: October 07, 2007, 02:57:56 PM »
Maybe they got captured by an exotic tribe in Burkina Faso...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 07, 2007, 03:01:04 PM »
I wonder if they abandoned their make up during the race due to the heat?

Still, I think pink hair is pretty noticeable

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #166 on: October 07, 2007, 03:14:26 PM »
Oh nice ummm jeans   :-[ Chateau.
Thank Mick

That German production company probably helped in Amsterdam (?).  Their role in TAR10 would have been in Finland and maybe Kiev.  The credits may say.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #167 on: October 07, 2007, 05:31:12 PM »
Since a few folks on this thread have been smoking too much denim recently, let me bring us back down to Europe. Chateau has postulated a stop in Nimes France and GeorgiaPeach has postulated a stop in Germany before the Friday July 12 departure of AR12 for Ouagadougou. First, let me state that both of those are possibliities because with train travel around Europe either can be no more than 4 hours from CDG once a scheduled train leaves.

However, I don't think that there were any stops between Amsterdam and Paris. The arrival of teams on the morning of July 10 in AMS means that their tasks would probably take until the 11th to complete. With a 12 hour rest period, they could depart on the late evening of July 11 or early on July 12. The most logical thing to do at that point is add a 24 hour rest period to make it a 36 hour rest period. Were they to take trains to wherever in Germany or fly to the Nimes area, they would be arrving on the morning of July 12. They might finish tasks the evening of the 12th, but it would be difficult to get trains in the middle of the night to get to CDG in time for the mid-morning departure July 13 of the flight to OUA.

Another factor arguing in favor of my hypothesis is that there would not have been time for any rest stops earlier in AR12 and it would be time for one.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #168 on: October 07, 2007, 08:07:39 PM »
Since a few folks on this thread have been smoking too much denim recently, let me bring us back down to Europe. Chateau has postulated a stop in Nimes France and GeorgiaPeach has postulated a stop in Germany before the Friday July 12 departure of AR12 for Ouagadougou.

Ouagadougou! Love it.  When I was in the Foreign Service, the saying was if you really screwed up your next post would be Ouagadougou.  That being just about the world's worst post to serve at!!  So it would be interesting to see what TAR12 might come up with with a visit there.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #169 on: October 07, 2007, 08:16:15 PM »
I'll Ouagadougou with you anytime Gman, do you own any Levi's? if not Wranglers will do   :dancer:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #170 on: October 07, 2007, 08:20:45 PM »
I'll Ouagadougou with you anytime Gman, do you own any Levi's? if not Wranglers will do   :dancer:

Levi's all the way, babe!  But the only castle I can offer you is a large mud hut.  Not much room to chase you around in that there muddy old fort, so beware!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #171 on: October 07, 2007, 08:26:57 PM »

Levi's all the way, babe!  But the only castle I can offer you is a large mud hut.  Not much room to chase you around in that there muddy old fort, so beware!
Maybe its me that will be chasing you in those tight Levi's ;) .. and that mud is perfect to slow you down. I'm "wading" on you :luvu:.

Kiwi Jay

« Reply #172 on: October 20, 2007, 02:07:35 PM »
  :( How many teams were spotted in Croatia  :(

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #173 on: October 20, 2007, 02:14:21 PM »
  :( How many teams were spotted in Croatia  :(
3 early teams then-- 1 in the middle of the pack the GHB team then from what we gather & thanks to Eilan and some photo evidence, 3 in the back of the pack = 7 teams but theres no way to be 100% certain Kiwi Jay :yaya:

Kiwi Jay

« Reply #174 on: October 20, 2007, 02:26:12 PM »
Did Elain see all 7 puddin?