Author Topic: TAR12 speculation on spoilers & teams etc ..  (Read 143945 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race 12 Speculation Thread
« Reply #100 on: July 31, 2007, 10:36:39 AM »
Neobie, nice Prague pictures. You'll find several more in the Amazing Race Asia 2 Spoilers thread, which is where all the action is right now with ARA2 finishing about now, having started in Singapore maybe July 3. ARA2 filmed in Prague on July 17.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #101 on: July 31, 2007, 11:40:13 AM »
Great job on the photo detecting Neobie!

Guess it would be too much to hope that he would drop TAR 12 in our laps, huh?

Although it would be funny if TARA and TAR 12 decided to run some legs simultaneously just to throw all of us off....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: August 02, 2007, 04:01:24 PM »
I'm not ready to give up on the Burkina Faso rumor, particularly since it fits time-wise with Dubrovnik. The burkina Faso report was on July 16 for some time slightly earlier. Dubrovnik is for July 19.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 02, 2007, 06:17:01 PM »
But didn't you say a long time ago when the rumor first came up that there was nothing geographically interesting enough in Burkina Faso that the TAR producers would want to visit for?

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: August 02, 2007, 10:49:45 PM »
Michael D, I have been pondering the question of why might the Amazing Race want to visit Burkina Faso and I have finally come up with one angle. It is to utilize an extremely poor country with minimum risk of cell phones with cameras attached to take pictures of the Race and broadcast it instantly worldwide. CBS and World Race Productions may be trying to avoid publicity of AR12 while it is happening. I have always thought they do a poor job of that except during the finish line and could do a lot more. The best response is to choose a route through places where few know about the Amazing Race. They may be doing exactly that.

Michael D, I have no problem with your quoting me, but to keep it in context please quote all of my posts that are relevant. The above post was issued one day after the one that you cited and it takes a 360 degree turn on the earlier one after I took the opportunity to think about "Why would anyone in World Race Productions want to go to Burkina Faso?".
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 11:07:54 AM by apskip »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #105 on: August 03, 2007, 12:01:23 AM »
 B:) B:) B:)

bringing this over from a previous thread for good measure:

RichInSydney

(7/3/07 7:32 pm)
 Re: TAR12: Rumors, Possible Lies and Possible Facts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Just got back from Brunei as I work as a I.T systems consultant for retail and small to medium sized commercial companies. I heard rumours from staff at the Yayasan shopping centre, which is in the capital, that they had been contacted by producers in the US for fliming of a TV show towards the end of August.

Does anyone else have knowledge of this? 

link

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #106 on: August 03, 2007, 11:48:09 AM »
For good measure :lol:

Amazing Race is one of Rosie’s favorite TV shows, but don’t expect her and Kelli to appear on the celebrity version of Amazing Race anytime soon. Apparently the thought of it wouldn’t get very far as she said “Hell No” when asked if she would consider it. Now that is a show I’d definitely want to Tivo. I think everyone is curious to know the dynamics of their relationship.

Rosiefans.com

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 03, 2007, 04:43:36 PM »
 :lol3:

bah! I want spoiler pictures of the teams if they're out there and my first sight at the new dustin and kandice :(

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: August 05, 2007, 09:13:44 PM »
Let me state the obvious. If TAR12 left the U.S. on or about July 16, it will finish Aug. 13, or in about 8 days. There have been sitings that may be TAR12 in Bukina Faso and Dubrovnik and rumors that there would be a stop in Malaysia. Other than those, it has been quiet on all fronts. This is a truly remarkable job of designing a route to avoid detection. That means that when TAR12 telecasts actually start, we will basically know what CBS wants us to know unless there are significant improvements in reports of where this Amazing Race has been.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #109 on: August 06, 2007, 07:42:07 PM »
Thanks to puddin in the spoiler thread, we know that the race reportedly began on July 1-3.

I can now add that the race ended on or before August 3.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 06, 2007, 07:43:53 PM »
Peach you are awesome, Thanks! :dancer:
wow...the race people were sneaky this season!
I swear, if a boot list comes out I'll be so angry LMAO

I remember the teams for Race 10 came out in August 15 (or sometime around that date, my friends birthday) last season!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #111 on: August 06, 2007, 08:11:09 PM »
After last season, we are having to work for our Detective stripes this season.

And you know what? It makes it even more fun and rewarding when we do find something.

You know what Santayana said-- "The Difficult is that which can be done immediately; the Impossible is that which takes a little longer."

The fact that CBS/WRP has gone to such lengths to maintain secrecy about this race is I believe, in some ways a tribute to our past spoiler successes.

So  up and at 'em, Detectives!

PS: so that means if there should be a boot list Michael, that we shouldn't tell you? :rotf:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #112 on: August 06, 2007, 08:57:59 PM »
NO  :lol: ! No more boot lists! It ruined the season for everyone and most detectives lost interest :grins: (still regrets that I did it my way) !!

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 06, 2007, 08:59:57 PM »
I still have nightmares about seeing:

2nd Place: Dustin and Kandice  :'( ...they were so close :(
oh well, I'm over it now :angel:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: August 06, 2007, 09:13:19 PM »
It ruined the season for everyone
Don't include me!  :lol: If you have it, use it; it's all good.  :tup:

The fact that CBS/WRP has gone to such lengths to maintain secrecy about this race...
Maybe. Or maybe we just hit a run of bad luck; we can't roll naturals with the TAR dice every season. Give it a few more weeks for any straggled posts and photos to show up.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #115 on: August 06, 2007, 10:03:37 PM »
I am curious about the race locations.  This race may just feature a lot of more remote locations or locations where AR isn't a real draw.  (I have no idea on World Wide Coverage of the raec, where its popular and where it isn't).

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: August 06, 2007, 10:52:24 PM »
After last season, we are having to work for our Detective stripes this season.

And you know what? It makes it even more fun and rewarding when we do find something.

You know what Santayana said-- "The Difficult is that which can be done immediately; the Impossible is that which takes a little longer."

The fact that CBS/WRP has gone to such lengths to maintain secrecy about this race is I believe, in some ways a tribute to our past spoiler successes.

So  up and at 'em, Detectives!

PS: so that means if there should be a boot list Michael, that we shouldn't tell you? :rotf:

and there using sneeky names for film permits  ;) :waves:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: August 06, 2007, 11:09:57 PM »
I'm curious about locations, but I'm still bitter about TAR11's boot list, but life goes on. We'll see how it goes this season.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #118 on: August 09, 2007, 01:36:50 AM »
B:) B:) B:)

bringing this over from a previous thread for good measure:

RichInSydney

(7/3/07 7:32 pm)
 Re: TAR12: Rumors, Possible Lies and Possible Facts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Just got back from Brunei as I work as a I.T systems consultant for retail and small to medium sized commercial companies. I heard rumours from staff at the Yayasan shopping centre, which is in the capital, that they had been contacted by producers in the US for fliming of a TV show towards the end of August.

Does anyone else have knowledge of this? 

link

No idea if this is related?

Dubbed "The Brunei Adventure Race 2007" or BAR 2007, the event is divided into two parts; the first event is organised in conjunction with His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam's 61st birthday celebration. It will be held on August 26 at the Jerudong Park Playground.

link

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #119 on: August 09, 2007, 08:25:10 AM »
I think that since we know that TAR 12  filming ended on or before 8/3, it is at least safe to say that anything being filmed at the end of August is not our TAR 12.

But that kind of sounds like fun!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #120 on: August 09, 2007, 09:48:05 AM »
I like the fact that we seem to be back to "the good ole days" in that we probably will have to wait until the first CBS promos come up (December??) or after the next Emmy Award (September) or not until we see the first opening montage of sites.  That will put us really under the gun to try and figure out the sequence and locations.  Should be a great deal of fun.  So start building an index of photos from locations around the globe.

Since we have heard nada but nada on the takeoff and landing of TAR12, I am looking to the fact, as someone mentioned earlier, that the start may actually be overseas somewhere.  Teams could be flown incognito to almost anywhere and we wouldn't know squat about it.

I did hear one little rumor from a guide I met in Romania in June that someone (no idea who) had been asking her firm last Spring about travel from Bucharest to the area around Bran castle (Dracula's home in Transylvania): how far, could you drive there, what the area had of interest besides the castle, hotels and restaurants, and whether or not filming could take place at the castle.  No idea what it might have been, but it could be, it could be (Romania, Bucharest, Transylvania would all be newbies)

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: August 09, 2007, 11:17:25 AM »
No idea if this is related?
That's the trouble I'm running into with my subscription feeds: a lot of copycat races (esp. in Singapore schools and USA summer camps).
Between the copycats and the TV chat ("what are my favorite shows? The Amazing Race, AI,  B:)  B:)) and the comparison blogs ("we were rushing through the airport, it felt like the Amazing Race") you have to look through a lot of dirt to find some ore.  :reading:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #122 on: August 09, 2007, 12:23:39 PM »
^^ or torrents Slowhatch, same problem here, lol.
I wasn't saying that Brunei was our Race or not, I was just saying that the article I found could be related to what RichInSydney had posted at sucks, just speculating Gman.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #123 on: August 09, 2007, 05:23:56 PM »
I did hear one little rumor from a guide I met in Romania in June that someone (no idea who) had been asking her firm last Spring about travel from Bucharest to the area around Bran castle (Dracula's home in Transylvania): how far, could you drive there, what the area had of interest besides the castle, hotels and restaurants, and whether or not filming could take place at the castle.  No idea what it might have been, but it could be, it could be (Romania, Bucharest, Transylvania would all be newbies)

Gman, your Bran's Castle/Transylvania rumor is interesting to me. My church has an ongoing partnership with a sister church in Transylvania and rumor has it that my church choir is going to visit there next summer. When I examine the geography, it's not a huge distance from Dubrovnik to Transylvania. Dubrovnik had an airport when I flew into it in 1975 and it's still functional today, so teams could fly out and connect to Bucharest(or do the reverse). An overland trip is theoetically possible but I imagine it would be difficult.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: August 22, 2007, 03:25:44 PM »
It's time to hyothesize a route for AR12. I must say that in pondering this there is a huge credibility gap created by the fact that a shorter 11 leg race is apparently being run in a longer 31 day time period. That just doesn't compute. Anyway, I have come up with a route through Central America, Central Africa, Europe, then unknown, then finishing Malaysia, China, Alaska. The specifics are:

Leg 1 July 3 Mexico (I like Merida) as the starter

Leg 2 July 6 Nicaragua (or Belize, Honduras, El Salvador)

Leg 3 July 10 Ivory Coast or Ghana

Leg 4 July 13 Burkina Faso

Leg 5 July 16 Prague (let's believe that they were trying the cross to confuse us)

Leg 6 July 19 Dubrovnik - this is one of two confirmed for sure places

Leg 7 July ?  unknown

Leg 8 July ? unknown

Leg 9 July 28 Malaysia

Leg 10 July 31 China

Leg 11 Aug. 2 Girdwood, Alaska - the other of the confirmed for sure places

That 9 day period for the unknowns to do 2 legs is clearly troublesome, even with most of one day wiped out for west to east air travel and time zone difference.

I am giving further thought to the unkowns. Russia, the "stans", the Middle East, and India all lie in between.