Author Topic: TAR12 speculation on spoilers & teams etc ..  (Read 143741 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: The Amazing Race 12 Speculation Thread
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2007, 06:29:03 PM »
Aren't you suppose to say we're filming a documentary Tammy?

Offline banredbeans

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2007, 07:43:35 PM »
No you can tell them what you want.  I had some people ask us what we were filming as we walked around the Reflecting pool 10 million times :groan:
I told them we were filming a commercial for Helman's mayonnaise.   :tup:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2007, 07:46:02 PM »
lmao :rotf:!!

Offline swimmer12

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2007, 08:57:41 PM »
No you can tell them what you want.  I had some people ask us what we were filming as we walked around the Reflecting pool 10 million times :groan:
I told them we were filming a commercial for Helman's mayonnaise.   :tup:

You were on the amazing race!?!? the reflecting pool was season 8 right?

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2007, 10:05:37 PM »
I think the second one sounds a lot more believable, but hopefully we can get this picture if the first one is indeed true?

Michael D, I am with KingCrimson88. I think that Prague is long overdue as an Amazing Race city. However, I think it could be the long-rumored Central European Amazing Race rather than AR12 that was visiting there.

On Burkina Faso I must say that it is not a country with anthing special to attract a stop by the Amazing Race. It has no remarkable geographic features, no unique  major products, and nothing to distinguish itself from any other West African country. It is very poor but so are most of those countries. I see no compelling reason for AR12 to be stopping there but that does not mean that it did not happen.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2007, 11:40:22 PM »
swimmer12

Look at her Name.  baneredbeans.  It should ring a bell.  The only episode of this Amazing Race that actually made me cry.

To think, in the first 5 minutes I of the first episode, I didn't think I would like this team.  Boy was I ever the hell wrong.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2007, 11:43:11 PM »
I think the second one sounds a lot more believable, but hopefully we can get this picture if the first one is indeed true?

Michael D, I am with KingCrimson88. I think that Prague is long overdue as an Amazing Race city. However, I think it could be the long-rumored Central European Amazing Race rather than AR12 that was visiting there.

On Burkina Faso I must say that it is not a country with anthing special to attract a stop by the Amazing Race. It has no remarkable geographic features, no unique  major products, and nothing to distinguish itself from any other West African country. It is very poor but so are most of those countries. I see no compelling reason for AR12 to be stopping there but that does not mean that it did not happen.

As much as I want some good ol spoilers for season 12.

After AR Asia (and how surprised I was on how much I enjoyed it), I want a Europe version.  I know they have talked about and even taken apps.

I blame the US education system which focuses so heavily on "Western Civilization, ie a ton of things in Europe) that I have always been facinated by it and would love to see a full regional show in that area.

Offline banredbeans

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2007, 06:43:54 AM »
 :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

To think, in the first 5 minutes I of the first episode, I didn't think I would like this team.  Boy was I ever the hell wrong.

That is so nice of you to say mswood
I didn't like our edit at all in the beginning either.  After I watched the videos from press day I called Bill up at work and told him how I didn't like our team :groan:

Offline swimmer12

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2007, 09:06:58 AM »
omg your the gaghan family i loveddd you guys!! i cant believe the name didnt click.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2007, 09:30:19 AM »
Michael D, I have been pondering the question of why might the Amazing Race want to visit Burkina Faso and I have finally come up with one angle. It is to utilize an extremely poor country with minimum risk of cell phones with cameras attached to take pictures of the Race and broadcast it instantly worldwide. CBS and World Race Productions may be trying to avoid publicity of AR12 while it is happening. I have always thought they do a poor job of that except during the finish line and could do a lot more. The best response is to choose a route through places where few know about the Amazing Race. They may be doing exactly that.

Offline banredbeans

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2007, 09:51:51 AM »
I was thinking this time out they might actually want more publicity so people would "talk up" the show.  :dancer:

Thanks swimmer :jumpy:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2007, 02:13:55 PM »
Alright, more from TwOP:

Today @ 10:13 am
Post#6180
According to my coworker, the contestants and camera crews were initially coy about what program they were working on, but eventually some of the contestants said it was TAR.

This is the same user who was posting the Burkina Faso spoiler.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race 12 Location Spoilers
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2007, 06:31:41 PM »
It's time to get started on flight speculation, so here goes:

Perhaps the first destination of AR12 is Burkina Faso. There are 24 airports in the country, but I am going to speculate that an Amazing Race would take the quickest and simplest into the country and that is arriving in the capital city of Ougadougou. There are nonstop flights to OUA from Paris - Charles de Gaulle (CDG). The question of which U.S. city was the start point is important but I am not going to get hung up on it since almost every major U.S. city in the eastern half of the country has non-stop flights to Paris. Just for the purpose of example, I am choosing Washington - Dulles(IAD) as the starting airport. The flights from CDG to OUA are only on Saturdays and Wednesdays and the sighting was apparently quite recent, so I am going to pinpoint the departure date from the U.S. as the afternoon/evening of Friday July 13. From IAD that means AF27 departing 2020 arriving CDG 1150. There is an earlier flight, but why bother? The connecting flight on Saturday July 14 (Bastille Day in France) was AF730 leaving at 1610 and arriving OAU 1940. That's all I can say right now. I am going to think about where the Race could logically go next. I see probably a minimum of 2 more legs in Africa and none in South America, then a route up to Europe and across Asia.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2007, 07:52:55 PM »
 am ready for some fearless predictions again. Last time Zanzibar was one of 10 that I predicted would be an African stop. This time it will be more difficult because starting from Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso limits where you can reasonably get to. Here is a list of the major airports in Africa:

Algeria Algiers, Hassi Messaoud, Tamanrasset
Angola Luanda
Benin Cotonou
Botswana Gaborone, Maun
Burkina Faso Ouagadougou
Cameroon Douala, Garoua, Yaounde
Chad Ndjamena
Congo Kinshasa
Ivory Coast Abidjan
Djibouti Djibouti
Egypt Cairo, Hurghada, Luxor, Mt. Sinai, Nuwiba, Sharm-el-Sheik
Equitorial Guinea Malabo
Ethiopia Addis Ababa, Jijiga
Gambia Banjul
Ghana Accra Kumasi
Guinea Bissau Bissau
Kenya Kisumu, Malinda, Mombasa, Nairobi
Liberia Monrovia
Libya Benghazi, Tripoli
Mali Bamako, Timbuktu
Mauritiania Nouakchott
Morocco Agadir, Casablanca, Marrakech, Rabat
Mozampbique Maputo
Namibia Windhoek
Niger Niamey
Nigeria Abuja, Kano, Lagos, Port Harcourt
Senegal Dakar
Sierra Leone Freetown
Somalia hargeisa
South Africa CapeTown, Durban, Johannesburg, South African Game Parks
Sudan Khartoum
Tanzania Arusha, DarEsSalaam
Togo Lome
Tunisia Monashir, Sfax, Tunis
Uganda Entebbe
Zambia Lusaka
Zimbabwe Harare

So, now you can make your own guesses on where the Amazing Race is headed. From Ougadougou there is no water transportation and going by land to the next place is not very likely. Teams will almost ceratinly have to fly somewhere. Where will it be?

My top 7 picks are:

Yaounde, Cameroon
Douala, Cameroon
Kigali, Rwanda
Kampala, Uganda
Lusaka, Zambia
Arusha, Tanzania
Nairobi, Kenya 

I took a look at going to Timbucktu or to Kinsangani, Zaire, but both of them involved long, difficult trips with many connections. I like the first 5 places as countries where the Amazing Race has never been or has only been tangentially (Zambia in AR1). I like Arusha to utilize all the planning from the lost AR11 pitstop. I like Nairobi for its access to white water rafting and several gorgeous national parks. Please nominate where in Africa you think the Amazing Race will go and why.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 08:22:28 AM by apskip »

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2007, 08:01:43 PM »
:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

I didn't like our edit at all in the beginning either.  After I watched the videos from press day I called Bill up at work and told him how I didn't like our team :groan:

Seriously it was hate at first sight (kidding) but I didn't like the opening.  But by the time you guys had made it to the sporting goods store, I was loving your team.

Offline banredbeans

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2007, 08:47:18 AM »
I don't know why they wanted us to come off all know it all snotty like.  Maybe this way it showed how the race changed us and made us better people - who knows??? 

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2007, 10:06:41 AM »
I think that they may do a hop around West Africa initially - which would be cool.
My brother has worked in both Nigeria and Ghana for extended periods of time and from what he told me that would defnitely be placing someone out of their western world comfort zone.  The Gambia is also quite tourist friendly.  I would like to see them go to Kenya - Mombassa - beautiful scenery.

as to the lost pit stop in Arusha would someone mind explaining what happened?

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2007, 11:00:08 AM »
I think that they may do a hop around West Africa initially - which would be cool.
My brother has worked in both Nigeria and Ghana for extended periods of time and from what he told me that would defnitely be placing someone out of their western world comfort zone.  The Gambia is also quite tourist friendly.  I would like to see them go to Kenya - Mombassa - beautiful scenery.

as to the lost pit stop in Arusha would someone mind explaining what happened?

I'm game. The finish of the pitstop after Mozambique was supposed to be in Arusha, Tanzania after teams flew there from Zanzibar. However, the massive delays in flights from Johannesburg to Dar es Salaam threw the schedule off for all teams, some arriving in DAR more than one day behind others. Decisions were made to pull the pitstop back from Arusha to the fort in StoneTown, Zanzibar. This eliminated Arusha as a pitstop. However, its international airport was still a connecting point for several teams to get to Europe on the way to Warsaw. More detail is available on this in the AR11 threads.

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2007, 01:15:40 PM »
Cheers apskip!!!  I'll have a dig around over there.

And that would make it an easy addition to this race.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2007, 08:38:31 PM »

Hi Tammy! It's KenF from TarFlies. Nice to see you here.  :waves: :waves:
Just here to visit.

Offline musicman85

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2007, 10:21:49 PM »
I'm not sure if this is helpful but I just got word from one of the musical composers of the show and he's already in the process of mixing cues for the show. Maybe this means that we'll get a TAR season before December maybe?

Well I guess the good news about all this is that the rumor about TAR being cancelled seems to be false now.

Hi banredbeans aka Tammy =) I thought you guys were great on the show. I have to agree with many other people when I say that it was really sad to see you get eliminated all because of a red bean! Gosh I hate those type of challenges, they always eliminate the best teams on the show!
No Day But Today - RENT

Dustin/Kandice, You're Team #1 - Phil Koeghan

Without You, It's Just An Ordinary World - Katharine McPhee

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2007, 10:31:45 PM »
I'm not sure if this is helpful but I just got word from one of the musical composers of the show and he's already in the process of mixing cues for the show. Maybe this means that we'll get a TAR season before December maybe?
!

:jumpy: :jumpy: i love tar music, i wish the composers would sell there music on a cd. well hopefully we get it before december but it looks like sunday is out since viva laughlin isnt starting till late october. im praying cane, and kid nation fall flat early

Offline swinners22

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2007, 11:28:11 PM »
Hey guys, I might have some news that could confirm the next amazing race is a family thing with teams of two.

Well, like a year ago I sent a letter to Phil saying they should have a family edition but with teams of two and actually have a world-wide race and stuff.

So I totally forgot about it until today

because at my front door came a package with a SIGNED photo of Phil came!

It read,

To Luke,

Think Now!

Phil

and then he wrote a smiley face.

And I couldn't understand what think now meant until i came on here and saw that it was a rumor that it would be a family edition with two people on a team!

OMG! Maybe I gave them the idea! cool!

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2007, 11:30:20 PM »
Well, "NOW" is the name of his new show so who knows? I'm not sure.

Offline swinners22

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2007, 11:41:53 PM »
it is?

Where is any info on that?

and i thought his show was no oppurtunity wasted?