Author Topic: The Amazing Race 12 Spoilers  (Read 280132 times)

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race 12 Spoilers
« Reply #325 on: December 20, 2007, 11:38:30 PM »
Zack not your comment - but general consensus of boo hiss to jenhate

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #326 on: December 21, 2007, 12:28:16 AM »
I really don't dislike Nate.  And Jenn is okay until she bugs me, then she bugs the hell out of me.

Really the only reason I don't want this team to win is due to Jenn's comments in Africa about being upset that Azaria & Hendekea won already, so they should let the other teams get a chance.

WTF....Yeah thats how you compete.

As to Puddin, well since I have been posting here, she hasn't been wrong about who wins.  Starting with TTOW beating my beloved Eric & Jeremy, then her saying how she heard Tyler & James won, then getting the whole damn boot list for All Stars.

And frankly with the rumored final three, I always thought Jenn & Nate had the best chance out of those three teams. 

1.  They hustle and generally do tasks well.
2.  Rachel & Tk get lost everywhere, and there history with tasks go from really good to terrible.
3.  Nicolas & Don, sorry guys but you are just okay at tasks and don't have real hustle.  And in a final leg, being quick on your feet is huge.

So really not surprised.  Soon as we found out they weren't eliminated in Lithuania, I knew they very well might have won.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #327 on: December 21, 2007, 04:31:51 PM »
The list puddin got for All Stars was so accurate, it was scary. I can't go against her if she got info about JeNation.
Just here to visit.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #328 on: December 21, 2007, 05:56:58 PM »
 :cmas18 Well puddin, you just made my day. I just picked the winners again? wow! but I agree mswood, Nate is great but Jen is just annoying. They would have been a better team if he had dumped her!

Offline dolfan4580

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #329 on: December 24, 2007, 01:46:50 AM »
wats up im new to the board but I have some information that I think that everyone would like to know. I currently work at the St. Regis in Dana Point, CA. And I saw TK and Rachel!!!! They checked in on December 7th and i believe they checked out on December 16th. Well anyways, the reason I believe they won was because they stayed in the presidential suite ($1600+ a night) and ran a total bill close to $15,000. As far as I am concerned this is not the lifestyle of a substitute teacher and a flower shop owner. anyways they seemed really really nice as I got to speak a few words to T.K.; and rachel is so pretty in real life. I had to tell them I was a fan of TAR and they just smiled and T.K. said cool. hahah but i am used to seeing famous people, i saw jennifer aninston and reese witherspon just to name a couple! feel free to ask me questions

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #330 on: December 24, 2007, 02:02:11 AM »
Were they able to find the room?

Each night?
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #331 on: December 24, 2007, 02:04:45 AM »
Hi Dolfan!  :welcome2:  :xmas49

Anything more you would like to add? Could this have been a comped or reward stay? Any idea what they were doing there? Any pictures?

Chateau! :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #332 on: December 24, 2007, 10:43:23 AM »
wats up im new to the board but I have some information that I think that everyone would like to know. I currently work at the St. Regis in Dana Point, CA. And I saw TK and Rachel!!!! They checked in on December 7th and i believe they checked out on December 16th. Well anyways, the reason I believe they won was because they stayed in the presidential suite ($1600+ a night) and ran a total bill close to $15,000. As far as I am concerned this is not the lifestyle of a substitute teacher and a flower shop owner. anyways they seemed really really nice as I got to speak a few words to T.K.; and rachel is so pretty in real life. I had to tell them I was a fan of TAR and they just smiled and T.K. said cool. hahah but i am used to seeing famous people, i saw jennifer aninston and reese witherspon just to name a couple! feel free to ask me questions
Welcome dolfan from Atlanta?  :xmas49

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #333 on: December 24, 2007, 11:02:54 AM »
Well, I hope Dolfan's assumption is correct!  I'd rather have T.K. & Rachel win than Nathan & Jennifer -- I'd rather have any team win than the bickering dating couple!  I've seen enough bickering couples to last a lifetime, and every time I see one I get bad flashbacks of Jonathan & Victoria!

Belle Book

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #334 on: December 24, 2007, 11:11:24 AM »
:cmas50 :cmas50 :cmas50

You rock, Chateau! :jam: :jam: :jam:
Just here to visit.

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #335 on: December 24, 2007, 01:02:13 PM »
I've been to the St. Regis and I can attest it is an awesome hotel.  I had relatives staying there and this is truely a 5star hotel.  The rooms, the entire grounds are amazing.  Here's the website: http://www.stregismb.com/

My first thought when reading this was that perhaps it was a prize they won for coming in first on a leg.  But are the racers given their vacation prizes before the finale airs on television?  For some reason I thought that they couldn't cash in their prizes until after the show aired?  Of course I could be wrong. 

:cmaslol  Chateau that was hilarious.  I will add this though, it can be hard finding a room in that hotel.  seriously.  When my relatives where staying there, they gave me the room number and I proceeded to get lost in trying to find it.  There are two different wings and I went right (when  I should have gone left) and 20 minutes later I was as confused as could be because I was on the right floor but I couldn't find the room number.  I had to ask one of the housekeeping staff where the room was.  The problem for me was that if you headed left off the entrance of the hotel it takes you past shops and to conference rooms.  so it can seem you are headed in the wrong direction if you don't keep on going and see the turn off to the other wing of the hotel.  So yeah, finding your room is not an easy task.  At least it was for me.  :cmaslol

Offline dolfan4580

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #336 on: December 24, 2007, 01:04:25 PM »
no unfortunately I never got any pictures  :cmas4 . I wish I would have whipped out my cell phone. However I do know that the stay was not comped or a reward, as T.K. used a mastercard or visa according to my manager (who is also a big fan). But I was thinking, don't they get paid after the show is done being aired? or are they just spending because they know they will be receiving the money soon?

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #337 on: December 24, 2007, 01:09:53 PM »
They get paid after the finale aired, so my guess is that it's anticipatory spending. Mind you, second place still gets 25 grand, not to mention they may have changed jobs since the race started (perhaps TK got a promotion or something).

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 24, 2007, 01:10:16 PM »
They get paid after the finale and all prizes are awarded after the race is finished I think.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #339 on: December 24, 2007, 01:23:21 PM »
They get paid after the finale aired, so my guess is that it's anticipatory spending. Mind you, second place still gets 25 grand, not to mention they may have changed jobs since the race started (perhaps TK got a promotion or something).
Rumors are second-place prize for some seasons has been $25,000 or $50,000, still a nice chunk of money.

Typesalot

« Reply #340 on: December 24, 2007, 04:50:44 PM »
Is that before or after taxes?

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #341 on: December 24, 2007, 04:59:11 PM »

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #342 on: December 24, 2007, 06:02:38 PM »
And CBS does not pay the taxes. Yes, I'm talking to you, Richard Hatch.
Just here to visit.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #343 on: December 25, 2007, 12:22:46 PM »
Yeah it sucks to be a team that wins a lot of legs yet doesn't win the race.  Your split prize money gets to cover your taxes on your prizes.  Isn't that awesome..... :groan:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #344 on: December 25, 2007, 01:21:54 PM »
If Puddin says she has a reliable source, Puddin had a reliable source.  If Puddin says the sun will come up  tomorrow, the sun will come tomorrow.

Note that Nathan and Jennifer are getting a much better edit now; and they worked well together in Italy winning the Roadblock with ease and Nate listened well as Jenn explained how to wave and throw the flag.  So they won the Detour with ease.  Then went on to the pit stop only to be second to the fast forwarders,  they are working well togehter and I would not be surprised at all if they win the big one million.

Your favorite team may not be a winner, but the team which runs the race well usually wins.  The New England Patriots play well, but they still may lose the Super Bowl.

And a Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night :cmas10
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 01:26:00 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #345 on: December 25, 2007, 01:25:41 PM »
Your favorite team may not be a winner, but the team which runs the race well usually wins.  The New England Patriots play well, but they still may lose the Super Bowl.

Well actually most of the time the team that does better during the race comes in 2nd. Dustin and Kandice -- Colin and Christie -- Rob and Amber -- Tara and Will -- Kris and Jon -- Eric and Jeremy (well they were pretty tied with the hippies actually) -- im sure there are more.

I obviously know now based off of last year that puddin wouldn't post a spoiler she thinks is not true. I'm just hoping it isn't lol.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #346 on: December 25, 2007, 02:39:39 PM »
Actually I have to agree with G-Man and with Michael.  Usually the team that races better gets 2nd, with a few exceptions.  Reichen & Chip were the first team to win that actually had the best average performance in a season the next time that happened was season 10's Tyler & James.

But usually that typical race well do win (just not usually the best).

You can be a rather poor racing team and as long as you aren't last (or are saved by non elimination or multiple non eliminations yeah Flo & Zach and BJ & Tyler I am talking about you), all you really need to is run an ok final leg, and typically do well once you reach the destination city. 

To keep the possibility of a photo finish they try and assure that all teams are equalized far more then in a typical leg making it anyones game.

As to the edit, of Jenn & Nathan.  I don't think they were edited in a positive light this last episode, I think they were just much more positive.  Even in clips they never lose it even when frustrated with being lost.  And this does happen.  Now obviously they could have been doing a smackdown on each other and never make the aired footage or the online material (nature of the program), but I don't believe this was the case in this episode.  Usually when they are doing well and not having big problems they tend to get along much better.  Now if they had gotten passed, by other teams I would imagine the stress to get far greater and see more frustration and anger.  This episode was much closer to episode #2, 3, and 4 where they typical were in or near the front of the pack.  Episode 1 when they went from 2nd to having no luck (or skill with animals) to next to last, hell yes tempers were up.  Episode 5, when they go from front of the pack to mid pack and have trouble with navigation and with tasks the anger and frustration comes out.  In #6, while they were in near the front of the pack they didn't know it, they didn't know where the other teams were.  And this seems to be a team when they have problems they fight..  When things go well, they usually are pretty descent to each other.

I think India might be a huge shock for them....he, he.

India is great for that.

Offline bingo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #347 on: December 25, 2007, 06:54:29 PM »
I thought Flo and Zack too had the best average of the final three in their season, maybe not but i thought after looking back they actually kicked butt most of that season. Rob and Brennan were better than Frank and Marg too, but who really knows they were so close it wasnt as obvious. and the LINZ family was the best too i believe.  But thats like ages ago!

With the TK and Rachel thing you never know, for all we know they can be natuarally rich [rich mommy or daddy] or maybe even they won the trip who knows.  So i dont know if we can really trust that.  However if people know they win they will splurge before they get the money.  I believe Sandra in Survivor PI was spending up the wazoo cause she knew she had at least 100K. 

I mean between TK and Rachel's lameness and Nathan and Jen's nastiness i dont know what one is worse!

Offline Tyler

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #348 on: December 25, 2007, 10:49:24 PM »
I know this isn't a spoiler but a fun little fact.

Averages from the F3 in the order they finished along with the most legs they won.  The team in bold is statistically the best team that season.

TAR1
Rob & Brennan: 2.5 (5)
Frank & Marg: 2.5 (3)
Joe & Bill: 2.8 (1)

TAR2
Chris & Alex: 3.4 (3)
Tara & Wil: 2.5 (3)
Blake & Paige: 3.7 (2)

TAR3
Flo & Zach: 2.7 (2)
Teri & Ian: 4.5 (3)
Ken & Gerard: 2.7 (3)

TAR4
Reichen & Chip: 3.2 (2)
Kelly & Jon: 3.8 (1)
David & Jeff: 4 (4)

TAR5
Chip & Kim: 3.4 (4)
Colin & Christie: 2.5 (6)
Brandon & Nicole: 3.3 (2)

TAR6
Freddy & Kendra: 3.7 (2)
Kris & Jon: 2.2 (4)
Adam & Rebecca: 4.6 (1)

TAR7
Uchenna & Joyce: 3.2 (3)
Rob & Amber: 2.4 (4)
Ron & Kelly: 3.1 (2)

TAR8
Linz: 2.8 (2)
Bransen: 3.2 (3)
Weaver: 3.3 (1)

TAR9
BJ & Tyler: 2.3 (5)
Eric & Jeremy: 1.8 (5)
Ray & Yolanda: 4.3 (1)

TAR10
Tyler & James: 2.7 (4)
Rob & Kim: 3 (2)
Lyn & Karlyn: 5 (0)

TAR11
Eric & Danielle: 3.6 (1)
Dustin & Kandice: 2.9 (4)
Charla & Mirna: 4 (2)
-----------------------------
Oswald & Danny: 2.7 (3)

Number of Times the best team has finished in......
1st: Four Times
2nd: Five Times
3rd: Once
4th: Once
TAR Top 6 FavoriteTeams -

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #349 on: December 26, 2007, 06:38:35 PM »
Tyler, that is an interesting analysis. When I look at AR11 and compare Dustin and Kandice to Oswald and Danny I conclude that Dustin and Kandice, with their 4 leg wins and only 0.2 worse on total average, was the superior team. All the rest appear to be non-controversial for which team was statistically  best.