Author Topic: The Amazing Race 12 Spoilers  (Read 280133 times)

Offline Eilan

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Newbie
Re: The Amazing Race 12 Spoilers
« Reply #175 on: October 22, 2007, 10:22:18 AM »
The Dubrovnik airport is quite a ways outside town. I'd give it a half hour or so, depending on traffic. And it's all narrow, windy, two-lane highway, and the roads into/near town are one-way, and even one tourist bus (or airport bus) could create a real problem.

For what that's worth.

(And yes, that is my cutie crew guy. He was indeed quite pleasant to look at. And he had a very slight accent, for those of you (us) who appreciate such things.)

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #176 on: October 22, 2007, 12:10:24 PM »
There is no need for teams to fly nonstop to Dubrovnik. If so, the above indicates a wealth of places they could originate from.

I agree that incoming flights from Zagreb would be the logical choice, however, the only flights from Zagreb that showed up for yesterday, Friday 10/19/07, were 6:40 am, 3:10 pm, 3:15 pm, and 10:15 pm.  Zracna Luca Dubrovnik Arrivals

None of those would qualify for Team delivery times of 12:30 pm, 4:20 pm, or 6:00 pm.  If you can find any flight arrivals 15 to 45 min prior to those times I'll give you a sucker.   ;)

CHATEAU, the information in your link for 10/22 is consistent with my Zagreb departures for weekdays. I also have taken a look back to 7/18/2007 and found these scheduled flight arrivals in Dubrovnik from Zagreb:

OU660 815am
OU384 325pm
OU664 905pm
OU668 1040pm

Any chance that the teams may have picked up a car at the Zagreb airport an driven to Dubrovnik?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #177 on: October 22, 2007, 12:24:46 PM »
I think Eilan reported that they came by taxi.

Eilan, so do you think the taxi from the airport would be half an hour?  I guess you just said that.   :lol:  I just want to be sure.  It will help us narrow down the field of previous pit stop locations. 

I may need to revise my flight synchronizations.   ???
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #178 on: October 22, 2007, 12:29:22 PM »
GMAN, anything is possible. However, it's close to 300 miles from Zagreb to Dubrovnik by road and I consider it unlikely. Since it is on the back end of connecting flights, there is no reason to believe that the producers would have written the clue to give them that latitude. Remember that in a much more sensible situation on Zanzibar teams could not use alternative transportation(high-speed ferry) and had to stick to flying.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #179 on: October 23, 2007, 08:39:18 AM »
OK, what is the fifth "NEW COUNTRY"?

We already spotted Ireland, Lithuania, Croatia and Burkina Faso.  Belize?

50,000 miles seems to indicate that TAR teams travel somewhere in Asia on the way to Alaska.

I strongly favor a direct move of the teams independently to an overseas start city
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 08:43:05 AM by gingerman28 »

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #180 on: October 23, 2007, 09:15:27 AM »
OK, what is the fifth "NEW COUNTRY"?

We already spotted Ireland, Lithuania, Croatia and Burkina Faso.  Belize?

50,000 miles seems to indicate that TAR teams travel somewhere in Asia on the way to Alaska.

I strongly favor a direct move of the teams independently to an overseas start city

i have had some speculation on my part that it maybe tawain as the fith country, they have a direct flight to alaska from tapia

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #181 on: October 23, 2007, 10:17:38 AM »
Puddin, you can delete this after you see it!

I'd tried some sun angle work and this location is perfect!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #182 on: October 23, 2007, 10:39:37 AM »
Puddin, you can delete this after you see it!

I'd tried some sun angle work and this location is perfect!
More on this later, thank you Chateau!

Offline Eilan

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #183 on: October 23, 2007, 04:10:31 PM »
Yes, Chateau, I'd give it half an hour. But when we arrived, we'd been traveling (with two children) for about thirty-six straight hours. And when we left, it was two short days later and about four in the morning. It wasn't a quick trip, but it wasn't ridiculous.

Helpful am I, neh?  ???

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #184 on: October 23, 2007, 04:32:09 PM »
Thanks Eilan,

Quick question:  How long did it take GHB to assemble their rope ladder?

Offline Eilan

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #185 on: October 24, 2007, 08:19:29 PM »
This I cannot tell you either, Chateau. Sorry. I don't think it was too long, as we saw them run up to the Fort, then do the zipline, then rappell, then climb up the wall. And we weren't there for hours and hours. I actually thought, until seeing pictures, that the ladders were already assembled. Perhaps they only had to put a few final rungs on?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 24, 2007, 08:25:16 PM »
Thanks for all the info you provided Eilan

Offline huholah

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: *intro flashs go here*
« Reply #187 on: October 25, 2007, 07:17:09 AM »
HEY I KNEW THEY WERE COMING TO TAIPEI:  My friend told me that he thinks he saw teams on the amazing race approaching Taipei 101.  Since he wasn’t a fan, so he didn’t bother to follow them.  But he DID remember a few things.  When he told me his findings, I immediately grabbed him and forced him to tell me EVERYTHING because I was such a huge fan.  So here it goes: around 26,27 of July as I remember- sorry I couldn’t remember the EXACT dates, he was shopping with his girlfriend in xin guang shan uiah beside Taipei 101.  When he was planning to shop in 101 at noon, he saw this man and women (couples) ran out of the taxi and looked up at Taipei 101.  He also saw 2 camera men running with them.  However, he found it weird that the couples did not enter the Taipei 101 and were actually waiting for someone.  He describes the couple as a brunette woman and a man.  He said that the man seemed very athletic and fit.  Since he saw that there were camera men around, he notices that this might be on TV.  He continued to stay for 10 minutes and another group came which he describes as another couple which consists of a blond girl.  He THINKS that there was an Asian team far behind or eliminated already because he was a good listener.  When he was walking into Taipei 101, he was literally 2 feet away from the blond racer and he heard the girl say something like “I wonder what the Asians would say if they came to this place”.  At first, I thought this was amazing race asia because I didn’t expect amazing race 12 to contain another asian team ever since the cho’s.  Now after the official list of teams came out, I strongly believe my friend’s sightings because there were asian teams.  He only saw 2 teams each holding a blue form on their hands.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #188 on: October 25, 2007, 07:19:53 AM »
Hi Huholah!

:welcome2: to the Forum and thanks so much for sharing!  :waves:

Was the 2nd team a man/woman couple? With the woman a blonde?

And is there any chance you could show your friend some pictures and see if he recognizes anyone?

And how sure are you of those 2 dates?  Does your friend remember what day of the week it was?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline huholah

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #189 on: October 25, 2007, 07:24:47 AM »
he thinks that Lorena and Jason were in but is not sure because he could only recognize the long hair.  He says that he is not at all confident with what he saw with the second team.  He jst notices a blond woman with a man(he didnt really see the man's face).  He was pretty sure it was friday that he saw them because he was only advailables on fridays to go out.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 07:30:26 AM by huholah »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #190 on: October 25, 2007, 07:33:48 AM »
That's great, huholah!

What kind of store is TAipei 101 please?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline huholah

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #191 on: October 25, 2007, 07:34:49 AM »
ITS THE tallet buildng in the world......

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #192 on: October 25, 2007, 07:42:00 AM »
oh...sorry!

But your friend didn't see/hear what they did there?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline huholah

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #193 on: October 25, 2007, 07:46:58 AM »
He said that he saw the first group heading the direction of getting to the top of 101-elevator.  And the second group, he didnt see because when he walked into the building the second group was still outside(possibliy asking how to get up to the tower).  I would assume there is a clue box up at the tower because I asked my frend if he saw anything else on the racer's hands, but he only saw a blue piece of paper..

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #194 on: October 25, 2007, 07:50:16 AM »
uh-oh----sounds like something scary is coming! :lol:

Anything else you can think of to add?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline huholah

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #195 on: October 25, 2007, 07:53:05 AM »
not that I can think of now ><...I'll ask my friend tomorrow......All I can say is..I think Taipei locatin was either 26th of July or 27th.....And since he only saw 2 teams on a spand of 10 minutes, it has to be a leg with very few teams because if it was one of the beginning legs, more than 2 teams would appear in a span of around 10 minutes.....

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #196 on: October 25, 2007, 08:02:46 AM »
You were wonderful! Thank you again for sharing with us and thank your friend too! I don't suppose he took any pictures? :lol:

Please come back and help us with this--I'm excited to get to see Taipei!

Maybe you'll be able to help us with the other place we know they go? Long Shan Temple?

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,13733.msg235271.html#msg235271

It will be such a help to have some one who knows their way around the city!

We may move this to the Amazing Race Spoilers thread--so look for us there okay? http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,12520.0.html

Thanks again! :waves:

« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 08:09:49 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #197 on: October 25, 2007, 09:27:58 AM »
Here you go Peach!!!   :lol:

Taipai 101

It's a class   :snicker:

Nice work Peach, in mining the info and thanks huholah!   :jumpy:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #198 on: October 25, 2007, 09:36:40 AM »
Thanks Chateau!

I'll see if puddin wants to move this to the spoiler thread...

Pretty building! Some death defying stunt?

Dates work...

Not so sure about the blonde girl/couple though....Unless that is Nathan/Jennifer? And their promo didn't inspire confidence that they would be around that long...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #199 on: October 25, 2007, 09:51:09 AM »
Thanks Huholah!  :tup: Here's a map for Peach (warning--large file); Longshan is on the far left and Taipei 101 is on the right, over by Four Beasts Mountains. The Kmzs are below.

[attachment deleted by admin]