Author Topic: The Amazing Race 12 Spoilers  (Read 280134 times)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Re: The Amazing Race 12 Spoilers
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2007, 11:29:28 PM »
OK so....a F/F team that sounds like the opposite of Dustin and Kandice ... I don't know how I feel about a goth girl team  :'(

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2007, 11:38:27 PM »
I thought she looked more Emo. Oh well, showing my age I guess... :grins:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2007, 12:05:09 AM »
Hell I didn't even know what "emo" was Slowhatch so I googled it  ;)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 01:20:12 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2007, 10:49:58 AM »
Well, as near as I can tell, it looks like team Goth is in second place in Dubrovnik.  Pretty good for a couple of girls    ;D  ;)

And their second place is just a few minutes from the first place team. 

I put my comparison out and say she reminded me of Abby on NCIS.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2007, 11:01:16 AM »
Watch it Chateau!  :knuckles: Couple of girls indeed!

But great match with Abby! :lol:  Hmmm...where is SHE lately??

And boy, I'm not far from a punk/gothic hotspot (or used to be one) but I had to Google EMO too! :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2007, 11:54:12 AM »
And I like the little pink skulls with cross bones going across her shirt.

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2007, 11:57:10 AM »
Oh boy! We can use our Pirate Master smileys again!

:jolly

Hope the girls are as much fun as they look!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2007, 03:31:58 PM »
2nd?! I hope this season has another kick ass F/F team.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2007, 05:03:10 PM »
Yes, I would love to see another strong all female team.  And I think its a great plus, that they don't appear to meet the media's idea an ideal attractive women.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2007, 05:48:16 PM »
Are we sure it's not the asian version?

the clue would have Asia on the envolop in silver if it was asia race

Kogs is right I was wrong, I was looking through TARA1 photos and yeah some of them did use the TAR flagged fanny pouch.

:tup: to Kogs

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2007, 05:23:13 PM »
Yes, I would love to see another strong all female team.  And I think its a great plus, that they don't appear to meet the media's idea an ideal attractive women.
Agreed. I think I could like them.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2007, 01:16:34 PM »
reposting this here

:jumpy:

posted on 14 July 2007

Our biggest news of interest is that it appears that the Amazing Race teams and crew were on our plane from Paris to Burkina. 
We have no clue what they could find interesting to do in Burkina but we noticed the flight was very full and it turns out that there were 40-50 people on the plane associated with the production.  We were sitting in Paris waiting to board and we kept seeing guys with really big video cameras, running up and then turning around to get video of two people coming towards them. 
We talked with a couple of people who said that they couldn’t say who they were with but they didn’t deny it either. 
There is a chance that we are in the background of several shots at the Paris airport or on the plane. 
Also, the SIM missionary from Ouaga who met us at the airport was definitely on camera giving directions to a team (Tim? & Don) who we had met and helped on the plane. 
Anyway,  I think they are shooting for the fall or the spring and they said that they were in the middle of the race.  If anyone could record it for us, that would be great.  I’m sure there would be some interesting things about Burkina and you might get to see a little bit of our airport and what it’s like to arrive here. 
Several of the teams were not quite dressed appropriately to handle the heat or the cultural requirements, so it will be interesting to see what they do (there was a goth team and the guy was wearing white face paint!).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2007, 01:19:58 PM »
BS?

This fits in with our lady with the pink hat :)

Newbie tarrules00 posts at sucks:
i was IMing the other night with a friend who actually WORKS at LAX airport, she was there when the Amazing Race teams passed through and she got a clear look at all of the teams from very close proximity. she said that most of the teams were "standard" (yawn) Amazing Race teams - the dating couples, MACTORS, etc,but the team that struck her eye the most, by far, was a team consisting of two GOTH girls. she got a great look at them and said they were absolutely beautiful, but not in the standard "mactor" kind of way! i certainly hoped this was true, and by the looks of the girl in the spoiler pics with the BLACK hair, BLACK dress, and pink hat, it looks like my friend has come through with some NEW info! it's great to see the new photos and see different people represented on the show. i think i have a FAVORITE team for Amazing Race 12 already and i haven't even seen a single episode

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2007, 03:39:16 PM »
 :wohoo:  :jumpy: :yess:

The Blog Queen Rules! Another Fabulous Find! :happy:

That blog appears to be from the Walshes, who also said:
We are happy to report that we and the Johnsons made it to Burkina Faso at around 5pm local time on Friday (1PM on the east coast).  It was in the mid 90’s and very humid.
That would have been on Friday July 13th.

So with that info, can we identify the carrier and the flight?? I'll bet so!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 11:10:44 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2007, 03:44:48 PM »
I'll put it here too since it's real.

Air France #732

Do they have any more pictures?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2007, 03:54:21 PM »
Well, that was fast!  :lol: Who needs seat covers, right?

Sadly, that seems to be it for the in flight photos...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2007, 03:57:58 PM »
Hereis a little from their write up:  It's a Dad & son team!   I like that.

One of the contestants and his father were from Chicago and they sat across the aisle from us, so we got to
talk to them a little bit.

And this:  "tight warm-up pants"  It's sounding better all the time

There was at least one team that was “goth.” They had either dyed their
hair pink or were wearing a wig (couldn’t tell from where I was standing) and were wearing white face paint. You couldn’t tell the
gender of the person very well, either, and I kept thinking that they looked very hot and ridiculous. Then, there were the girls who
were wearing tight warm-up pants…very shocking to the conservative Burkinabe culture where women wear skirts and dresses that go
below the knee in public.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2007, 04:35:05 PM »
I may be guessing a little but...

Meet  Tim and Don  from Chicago:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2007, 05:33:01 PM »
What about this?/
the layover in Paris and the stop we made in Niamey, Niger to drop off some passengers .............. Still, that’s pretty good for having traveled a total of 18 hours.

and more:

On the flight from Paris to Niamey/Ouagadougu, we noticed a TV crew that kept
filming different odd things at the airport and on the plane. Turns out that they were filming a
“race” of some sort. They weren’t allowed to tell us if it was THE race (the Amazing Race),
but unless there’s going to be a spin-off sometime soon, I’d bet on it. So, who knows…we
may end up in the background of some shots that make it onto the TV footage.:0) One of the
contestants and his father were from Chicago and they sat across the aisle from us, so we got to
talk to them a little bit. We were surprised that the show would send the contestants to Burkina – there’s not much here and it’s not
well known – but on second thought, I guess that makes sense.:0) So, whenever the next season of the Amazing Race airs, make sure
you watch it! I believe there’s a season currently running, so it may not be ‘til this fall/winter or maybe next spring. Aside from
looking for us, the missionary stars on the show, it’ll be interesting to see what they show of Burkina Faso, and to see some of the
contestants as well. It was amusing, standing in the line for passport check in the airport and seeing some of the…costumes…I’m sure
the Burkinabe were amused and maybe even shocked, too. There was at least one team that was “goth.” They had either dyed their
hair pink or were wearing a wig (couldn’t tell from where I was standing) and were wearing white face paint. You couldn’t tell the
gender of the person very well, either, and I kept thinking that they looked very hot and ridiculous. Then, there were the girls who
were wearing tight warm-up pants…very shocking to the conservative Burkinabe culture where women wear skirts and dresses that go
below the knee in public.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2007, 08:32:06 PM »
A conservative view of AR12 stops is as follows:

July 3 or earlier ? to Belize City

July 5 Belize City to San Salvador or northwest Mexico

July 8 San Salvador or northwest Mexico to Los Angeles

July 10 Dublin to Amsterdam

July 12 REST DAY

July 13 Amsterdam to Paris CDG (possibly by train)

CDG to Ougadougou, Burkina Faso

July 15 OUA to ?

July 17 REST DAY

July 18 ? to Dubrovnik

July 20 Dubrovnik to Vilnius, Lithuania

July 22 to 29 Who Knows?

July 29 Girdwood Alaska

August 1 or 2 FINAL DESTINATION CITY

I've listed 10 destinations above and there can be a maximum of 11 according to the statements by CBS. If there are any TBCs, each one will probably mean one less destination. A 7 day period is a long time for one or no new destinations. I find this problematical.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 08:41:33 PM by apskip »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2007, 11:15:54 PM »
I'm going to speculate too that since that flight leaves at 10:53 AM on the 13th--and knowing what a nightmare CDG is--I think 7/12 will be used in part for travel to Paris so that they will be there in plenty of time.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2007, 11:44:57 PM »
okay--a little more info on Ireland.

So far, our Ireland spoiler has been based on an airport sighting and conversation heard by Wamgirl in LAX on July 8.

While we don't yet have any permit or photogaphic evidence for Ireland, I believe teams may have gone via Dublin and may have done tasks in County Wicklow.

I have spoken personally to several people in official positions around Ireland asking for filming information, and in one of those locations I was told that "hmmmmm...., I see that we were asked to keep that information confidential, so I will be unable to release that info."

So is a miss as good as a hit?  :lol:  Y'all can decide!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2007, 12:36:53 AM »
And now about LAX.

Slowhatch, puddin, kogs and I have have been working behind the scenes in an attempt to track down our teams for some time.

We can now tell you that we do have confirmation by LAX that filming was done there by WRP.

But even more interesting is what we don't have.

After hours on the phone with various officials in the film world, and a site visit by Slowhatch to EIDC, we do NOT have any evidence that film permits were obtained for LA, and have in fact been told that no permits were issued.

I have also been assured that there was no support arranged with/by the CHP, who would have been involved had the teams been on the highways.

All of these conversations have been with the people who either issue the permits or would have known had a permit been issued.

What does this mean? Well, if we believe these assurances, and I have no reason to think otherwise, then LA could not have been the start city. No permits--no filming.

So how did teams get to LAX and why were  they seen in an Internationl Terminal?

The most obvious answer is that they were in transit thru LAX from somewhere else, and the start city has yet to be found.

This also fits with our earlier possible start dates of July 1-3, and new reports of team sightings in Belize.

For completeness sake, I can also tell you that Boston, Baltimore, Annapolis, Chicago and Houston and Houston airport have all been pretty much ruled out as well, although it is important to remember that that refers to within the city limits of those cities ONLY.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2007, 12:46:24 AM »
I didn't help at all with LAX peachs, that was all you, Slowhatch & Kogs :kuss:

And I'm looking through County Wicklow pictures and it is simply breathtaking  :jumpy:! Good job peachs !!!

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2007, 08:18:12 PM »
And now about LAX.

Slowhatch, puddin, kogs and I have have been working behind the scenes in an attempt to track down our teams for some time.

We can now tell you that we do have confirmation by LAX that filming was done there by WRP.

But even more interesting is what we don't have.

After hours on the phone with various officials in the film world, and a site visit by Slowhatch to EIDC, we do NOT have any evidence that film permits were obtained for LA, and have in fact been told that no permits were issued.

I have also been assured that there was no support arranged with/by the CHP, who would have been involved had the teams been on the highways.

All of these conversations have been with the people who either issue the permits or would have known had a permit been issued.

What does this mean? Well, if we believe these assurances, and I have no reason to think otherwise, then LA could not have been the start city. No permits--no filming.

So how did teams get to LAX and why were  they seen in an Internationl Terminal?

The most obvious answer is that they were in transit thru LAX from somewhere else, and the start city has yet to be found.

This also fits with our earlier possible start dates of July 1-3, and new reports of team sightings in Belize.

For completeness sake, I can also tell you that Boston, Baltimore, Annapolis, Chicago and Houston and Houston airport have all been pretty much ruled out as well, although it is important to remember that that refers to within the city limits of those cities ONLY.

We still can not overlook the possibility that the teams were all flown independently to Belize  City or Mexico and upon arrival began the Race there which would account for no USofA airport sightings.  If teams flew independently without camera crews shooting they could very easily slip through our nets.

Agree that the sighting in LAX Interntional terminal was that of a transition site between arriving from Mexico and getting on Aer Lingus flight to Dublin.  No shooting in LAX so no film permits required.