Author Topic: Carol's Dad talks to The Capital-Journal  (Read 2598 times)

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Watch out, I will chop you!!!
Carol's Dad talks to The Capital-Journal
« on: July 04, 2007, 11:46:42 PM »
Journey's daughter wins spot on 'Big Brother'
Senator says Carol Journey can see through manipulators
By Lakase Perry
The Capital-Journal
Published Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Carol Journey, the daughter of Suyapa and Sen. Phil Journey, R-Haysville, has joined the cast of CBS' "Big Brother" for the eighth season of the series premiering Thursday.

:wtf:
Rather than auditioning, Sen. Journey said, his daughter was called to appear on the show, which will feature 15 individuals who live together and compete for the chance to win $1 million in prize money.

???She did not audition?????? 15 individuals??????1 million dollars???? ???

Sen. Phil Journey began researching past seasons of "Big Brother" after daughter was selected

Once the family learned Carol would be on the show, Journey said, they began to prepare by researching past seasons. The show follows the castmates on camera for 24 hours and will have them take part in challenges and voting others off.

"I've got a lot of confidence in Carol," Journey said. "I've seen her make good decisions in the past, and I think this is a tremendous opportunity for her."

Journey has been vocal in his opinions on gun control, school funding and discipline in school in the past, and he believes his daughter will remain true to her own personal beliefs for the sake of her own appearance and that of her family.

"She knows Daddy's watching," Journey said.

The University of Kansas student already has been flown to the shooting location, and Journey said the entire cast has been kept in the dark about what they can hope to expect when they begin shooting.

To be on the show, Carol had to choose between the opportunity to be a dancer for the Kansas City Chiefs or the chance to be a cast member. She also could miss a full semester of school at KU.

"We got power of attorney to make sure we could withdraw her if it was necessary," Journey said.

The show will be unique this season in how audience members can influence activities. The official CBS web site states that a new "America's Player" element has been implemented, in which the audience can select cast members to do tasks for a prize.

The show is notorious for manipulation, as well as scandals between castmates, but Journey said he has confidence in how his daughter will perform.

"Carol has a gift for seeing through manipulative people," he said.

The show will premiere at 7 p.m. Thursday and will be broadcast on CBS three nights a week — Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. The movements of the cast members also can be followed online 24 hours a day.
Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth...AMEN..!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Carol's Dad talks to The Capital-Journal
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 02:15:55 AM »
bad journalism...the writer should do his/her homework  :snicker:

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 07:49:03 AM »
Found another error:

The show will premiere at 7 p.m. Thursday and will be broadcast on CBS three nights a week

It could've been worse.  At least the writer was correct that this is the 8th season.

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Watch out, I will chop you!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 08:11:10 AM »
Rather than auditioning, Sen. Journey said, his daughter was called to appear on the show,

Could Carol be Americas choice?

???Hey , it really does come on at 7 pm. Here is a list of stations for Kansas.

http://www.kwch.com/Global/link.asp?L=211031&nav=menu486_6_1 :wohoo:
Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth...AMEN..!!

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 08:33:29 AM »
 :doh: :duh:

I was totally thinking in EST time zones.  Forgot this was from a Kansas newspaper.  Yeah, the reporter was correct about the times.

Offline kerri

• BB Live Feed Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Janie Rocks!
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 12:47:11 PM »
i hope the fact that daddy is watching and is a politician does not make her a boorrrring houseguest.