Author Topic: NBC Bringing Back Cancelled Apprentice???  (Read 2365 times)

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
NBC Bringing Back Cancelled Apprentice???
« on: July 09, 2007, 07:19:51 AM »
Published July 9, 2007 - Metro News - Rick McGinnis Idiot Box.

NBC bringing back cancelled Apprentice?

TRY, TRY AGAIN: Like Rasputin, struggling to his feet after being shot, stabbed and strangled, The Apprentice seems to have almost frightening powers of regeneration. Rumours began swirling at least two weeks ago that the show, which had dropped precipitously in ratings, been dropped from NBC’s fall schedule, and had even been publicly abandoned by its host and figurehead, Manhattan developer and erstwhile human brand name Donald Trump, was going to be renewed for a seventh season.

On Friday, a Reuters story reported that network sources — “on condition of anonymity” — were sure that NBC would be announcing the show’s renewal at this month’s TV critics’ press tour. This isn’t official, mind you, but NBC, Trump and producer Mark Burnett had all admitted that negotiations to revive the show were happening, and new NBC programming head Ben Silverman had been candid about his desire to see the show return to NBC — an ambition easily overlooked among Silverman’s publicized wish list, which seemed to include everything from bringing Judd Apatow and Rosie O’Donnell to the network, to staging live gladiatorial matches and giving R. Kelly his own Saturday morning kid’s show.

It’s tempting to speculate that Trump was playing a game of chicken with NBC by making a big show of abandoning the show that, for at least one season, made him a prime time reality TV star, and that NBC was somehow frightened that, if Trump exercised his option to take the show to another network should NBC drop their option, it might miraculously be transformed into a hit again — a phenomenon that this writer can only imagine involving naked chorus lines, cannibalism, and the threat of entombment for each week’s losers.

~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: NBC Bringing Back Cancelled Apprentice???
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 07:59:06 PM »
"It’s tempting to speculate that Trump was playing a game of chicken with NBC by making a big show of abandoning the show that, for at least one season, made him a prime time reality TV star, and that NBC was somehow frightened that, if Trump exercised his option to take the show to another network should NBC drop their option, it might miraculously be transformed into a hit again — a phenomenon that this writer can only imagine involving naked chorus lines, cannibalism, and the threat of entombment for each week’s losers."

WHAT? You're NOT fired? I DIDN'T quit?  :lol3: Maybe they can lease one of CBS's survivor sites and let The Donald helicopter in every week.  Your task is to make a presentation with what you can find available on the island for a billion dollar company and you have 3 hours to do it. :lol3:

The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 06:59:49 AM »
I'm a marketing grad myself...and all the tasks are PR Related...how much Buzz can you draw in a short period of time.  Please explain to me how this will help someone in the realestate business???

Yes managing a team yes creating a buzz...but in reality there are more people working on these things for a long period of time.  I don't know how I ever liked this show!!!

Sorry I've had a beef for so long and finally am speaking up about this...

I'm done now I feel better...lol

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 07:29:34 AM »
The new fad in TV: Cancelling a show, then reviving it a few months later.

(i.e.: "Jericho" on CBS, and "According to Jim" on ABC.  Now "Apprentice" on NBC").

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 07:43:41 AM »
I'm a marketing grad myself...and all the tasks are PR Related...how much Buzz can you draw in a short period of time.  Please explain to me how this will help someone in the realestate business???

Yes managing a team yes creating a buzz...but in reality there are more people working on these things for a long period of time.  I don't know how I ever liked this show!!!

Sorry I've had a beef for so long and finally am speaking up about this...

I'm done now I feel better...lol

LOL, I'm glad you spoke up. In the beginning the people who won always performed no matter what they had to do. The one who always stood out for me was Rebecca who broke her ankle early in the show but still managed to stay and be a leader. Trump wanted to hire her along with Randall who in a pompous snit said no, Trump shouldn't hire her, he was the winner.

I think that was perhaps the start of the show changing for the worse. Losing George and Carolyn hurt the show. They were the pros and their advice had gravitas. Donald's kids just don't have the same experience, they added to the hokiness. I hated the tents, it was a stupid idea and moving the show to California didn't help it either.  (:;)

Morning Cinera!

The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 08:20:01 AM »
all that show seemed to be lately was him promoting his family and empire...the tasks were getting worse.

working for trump...honestly will they ever design bathing suits?

but we learnt pink was the new black!!

:rotf: :lol3: