Author Topic: AMAZING RACE ASIA COMMENTARY  (Read 71121 times)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Re: AMAZING RACE ASIA COMMENTARY
« Reply #150 on: January 06, 2008, 09:43:23 PM »
haha ken, get him to cast you on the show! I'll be your partner!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #151 on: January 06, 2008, 09:47:02 PM »
We need to live in Asia to get on the show, Michael. Unless you want to move....  ;D ;D
Just here to visit.

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #152 on: January 06, 2008, 10:11:03 PM »
Just got this word from Michael McKay, Executive Producer of TARA from my blog:

"You spend a lot of time on your recaps, top stuff. I found them highly amusing especially the number of different Team Names you were able to come up with for Marc and Rovilson - LOL

Thank you for taking such a strong interest in the series. Regards Michael McKay, Executive Producer "

The venom towards Marc & Rovilson will continue! HA! HA!  :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess:

Very cool! Congratulations. :tup:

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #153 on: January 06, 2008, 10:36:20 PM »
We need to live in Asia to get on the show, Michael. Unless you want to move....  ;D ;D
Does NZ count?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 06, 2008, 10:37:22 PM »
lets go Ken!
I say we move to Japan.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #155 on: January 07, 2008, 01:22:10 PM »
Does NZ count?
Not sure. I know the show has visited there twice, but I don't know if people from the ANZAC region are eligible.
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #156 on: January 07, 2008, 01:43:22 PM »
Just got this word from Michael McKay, Executive Producer of TARA from my blog:

"You spend a lot of time on your recaps, top stuff. I found them highly amusing especially the number of different Team Names you were able to come up with for Marc and Rovilson - LOL

Thank you for taking such a strong interest in the series. Regards Michael McKay, Executive Producer "

The venom towards Marc & Rovilson will continue! HA! HA!  :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess:

I have been avoiding this thread since I am STILL two whole episodes behind, so I missed this exciting news!

Big congrats to you--that is a fitting reward for all of your dedicated hard work on these! Very flattering and well deserved! :congrats: :yourock:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #157 on: January 07, 2008, 02:20:22 PM »
Thanks, Peach!  :kuss:
Just here to visit.

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #158 on: January 08, 2008, 02:35:47 PM »
Hehe, I like your comments...Great work!  :lol:  :tup:

Anyway, dont worry about those fools asking why you hate them, you will find many more who dont really like them.

Im pretty much in the hate train too, but only because of their bizzare comment in ep 6 that Colin & Adrian stole their cab when they it was clearly shown they did not....Yet in the axn forums, those fools of those matcorwats kept insisting Team Singapore stole their cab and they were so guilty that they did not yield matcorwats.What rubbish!  :jam:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #159 on: January 10, 2008, 01:24:19 AM »
The Episode 7 recap is up. Thank goodness. It's almost time for Episode 8 to air in Singapore.
Just here to visit.

Offline Jetgabriel

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Pamella and Vanessa for the win!
« Reply #160 on: January 10, 2008, 03:41:54 AM »
Can't wait!!! It's 4 hours till TARA2 premieres Episode 8 here.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #161 on: January 11, 2008, 03:11:12 PM »
I will choose to comment on episodes of ARA2 here, the traditional place for recaps and comments. I found Marc and Rovilson not only civil but actually quite funny in the Frankfurt/Prague episode (sorry, Ken but I call them like I see them). They were not obnoxious at all and I enjoyed watching them for the first episode of the entire race!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #162 on: January 11, 2008, 04:40:29 PM »
I haven't seen it yet, apskip so I can't judge. I'll take your word for it. Usually you and I agree on most assessments.
Just here to visit.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #163 on: January 14, 2008, 07:22:42 PM »
I want to close the loop on flights actually flown by the ARA2 teams. Marc/Rovilson were the only ones who got OZ541 1300 1635 ICN FRA. I think only one team got the next one KE905 1315 1705 ICN FRA. Adrian/Collin and 2 other teams got the final nonstop LH0713 1425 1825 ICN FRA. Henry and Terry were so far behind that their best option was to wait for CZ370 1845 1955 connecting in Beijing with MU219 2350 0505 after a 4 hour wait, a 12 1/4 flight. However, what they actualy did was take CX411 1515 1810 to HKG, connecting there to CX285 2305 0515.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 09:55:52 AM by apskip »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #164 on: January 14, 2008, 07:33:24 PM »
Since we know by visual proof that the next leg will be in Budapest Hungary, here are the flight options PRG BUD:

July 19
OK786 0715 0820
MA821 1010 1115
OK790 1155 1315
TP522  1410 1515
OK722 1700 1805
MA823 1915 2020

I believe Marc/Rovilson and Adrian/Collin and Ann and Diane and Pamela and Vanessa will have access to the first flight above.  Paula and Natasha will be on the second flight as I believe their pitstop release will be too late to catch the 0715.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 06:21:24 AM by apskip »

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #165 on: January 15, 2008, 11:17:20 AM »
I will choose to comment on episodes of ARA2 here, the traditional place for recaps and comments. I found Marc and Rovilson not only civil but actually quite funny in the Frankfurt/Prague episode (sorry, Ken but I call them like I see them). They were not obnoxious at all and I enjoyed watching them for the first episode of the entire race!
Having finally watched this episode last night, I have to respectfully disagree about M&R's behavior. I still found them to be obnoxious and scripted. Maybe you're getting used to them, but I was rolling my eyes at every comment they made including going into that strip club to get money. Very stupid IMO.
Just here to visit.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #166 on: January 16, 2008, 01:51:51 AM »
Episode 8 recap is up at my blog.
Just here to visit.

Offline snap-on

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #167 on: January 16, 2008, 02:39:08 AM »
Henry and Terry were so far behind that their best option was to wait for CZ370 1845 1955 connecting in Beijing with MU219 2350 0505 after a 4 hour wait, a 12 1/4 flight.

damn ! That's why Henry & Terrie can't caught night train up to Prague  :groan:

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #168 on: January 18, 2008, 10:06:38 AM »

Yes good recap again as usual, I wonder how you can recap an episode in such detail. It's cool.  :tup:

Anyway, all I can say for Ep 9 was that the intersection was really useless because Henry/Terri would have been eliminated anyways, and it now put Paula/Natasha at the back of the pack, unless they bunch up again.

It seemed that Karma bit Paula/Natasha in the ass after they revealed a plan with The Annoying Team That Thinks It's Funny, But Is Not And Shall Never Be Named   :lol:, not to intersect with Ann/Diane.

edited for spoilers, puddin :groan:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 07:14:52 PM by puddin »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #169 on: January 18, 2008, 03:41:14 PM »
A thought on leg 9 are that poetic justice was achieved when the race for 5th place was decided by a taxi driver's preference on passengers.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #170 on: January 18, 2008, 10:06:57 PM »

Yes good recap again as usual, I wonder how you can recap an episode in such detail. It's cool.  :tup:
I put each episode on DVD and I write as if I'm watching it for the first time. It also allows me to get decent screencaps to accompany the recap. Sometimes it can take a long time, especially if there's a lot of silly airport drama but other episodes are fast-paced and they can practically write themselves.

I have fun doing them.
Just here to visit.

Offline Jetgabriel

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Pamella and Vanessa for the win!
« Reply #171 on: January 18, 2008, 10:48:10 PM »
I always look forward to your recap and see which nickname you'll give Marc and Rovilson. It's very funny.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #172 on: January 18, 2008, 11:15:55 PM »
Thanks. Apparently, Marc & Rovilson's fans aren't happy with me, but I don't care.

Now that it's Saturday on the East Coast of the US, I can officially talk about the episode. It's getting boring to see the idiots win for the 7th straight time. It's as if Executive Producer Michael McKay fell in love with their audition tape and decided to pre-determine the outcome by casting them and a weak surrounding cast.

I do hope that Adrian & Collin can finally win a leg next week, because seeing Marc & Rovilson win again will just make me throw up my hands.

As for Henry calling Paula & Natasha "scatterbrains", he didn't realize they had been waiting for five hours while he and his wife were lollygagging (I'm just being facetious here, I know they weren't really lollygagging) around Prague. Plus Henry's comments that the girls probably showed their t**s to the taxi driver after the dive was not right.

However, I was getting concerned with Vanessa after she dove off of the 10 meter platform. She appeared to hit the water awkwardly and seemed to have a concussion. Both she and Natasha had cuts on their faces after their dives. She couldn't remember what happened and that's classic case of a concussion. I would not have allowed her to continue after that.

Anyway, I hope the Jerks don't get first again next week, but they probably will.
Just here to visit.

nikita

« Reply #173 on: January 30, 2008, 05:12:09 AM »
Good for you TARAsia Fan. The Mactor fans will always chew off anyone who DARES "attack their idols. Some of them are now also on CBS' TAR12 website where there is a thread called "Asia," and they just started their barrage attacks on one or two posters who were not impressed with Marc and Rovilson. That's not good.  :knuckles:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #174 on: February 01, 2008, 07:01:26 PM »
I noted that during ARA2, episode 11 one of the DETOUR choices at the Liberation Monument was the Rubik's cube. Having teams solve the puzzle separately for each of the 6 colors without keeping what they had previously done constant made this task absolutely trivial. Anyone trying to find 13 separate individuals to act as coachs for the names to be pronounced for the other DETOUR was asking for a longer stay there.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 07:41:24 AM by apskip »