Author Topic: TARA 3 Teams/Contestants Discussion  (Read 9759 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TARA 3 Teams/Contestants Discussion
« on: August 04, 2008, 05:07:36 AM »
Looks like we will have some team info coming out this morning---let's talk about them here!

Can't wait!  :hearts:

« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 08:20:38 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARA 3 Teams/Contestants Discussion
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 06:55:56 AM »
Caught this in the Aug 7 issue of Singapore's 8 Days magazine, which gives us two teams!

« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 07:04:59 AM by Neobie »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 03:39:44 PM »

:waves:

It’s official! Tisha Silang and Geoff Rodriguez are the Philippines’ contenders in “Amazing Race Asia.” Tisha happens to be the ex-GF of Paolo Bediones. What a coincidence that Pao is hosting “Survivor Philippines” while Tisha is competing in another reality show. Survival of the ex-es?

source

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 06:47:19 PM »
Fourth pair revealed this morning: http://www.todayonline.com/pdf_open.asp?id=0508MVL024
Add one more mactor to the list.

Two-and-a-half S’poreans in new race 

MAY SEAH
may@mediacorp.com.sg

THE Amazing Race Asia is back for a third season, but with a twist: Instead of watching just two Singaporeans competing as a pair against other teams from the region, you’ll also see a third Singaporean — playing for another team.

Last season, teams raced through 10 countries, including South Korea, New Zealand and the Czech Republic, in 24 days. Victory eventually went to the Singaporean team of Collin Low and Adrian Yap.

This season, the Singaporean team comprises freelance TV writer-director AD Chan, 34, and her friend of 15 years, 34-year-old teacher Faeza “Fuzzie” Sirajudin (right).

Easy-going and likeable, the duo described themselves as resembling “an old married couple — except we’re not old, we’re not married and we’re not a couple”.

Despite confessing to be physically unfit, AD and Fuzzie revealed that they were more than able to hold their own in other ways, such as “using our minds rather than our bodies”. The race, they said, was a personal challenge.

Not only are they competing against themselves, they are also competing against a fellow countryman: Singaporean Sam Wu, 32, makes up half of team Hong Kong. The university lecturer has been an expatriate in Hong Kong for the last five years. He told Today he considers himself equal parts Singaporean and Hong Kong resident, and did not see a problem regarding what some might view as conflicting loyalties.

His teammate and friend of four years, Vince Chung, is not a native of Hong Kong, either. The 32-year-old stand-up comedian and host is originally Canadian.

Filming commenced here during the middle of the year and lasted a month. While contestants could not reveal details of their experiences, the latest season is “the toughest race ever”, according to Mr Ricky Ow, senior vice-president and general manager of SPE Networks Asia, the parent network of AXN channel. To find out who wins, you’ll have to wait for the season finale on Nov 23.

The Amazing Race Asia 3 debuts Sept 11 on AXN (StarHub Ch 19) at 9pm.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 06:58:48 PM by Neobie »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 12:09:38 AM »
TARA 3 has managed to outdo itself!

NINE teams of mactors and their friends!

*feels. strong. urge. to. punch. McKay* :iok

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 12:14:42 AM »
This is not good at all. What happened to getting people from all walks of life? This is a bit too exclusive for my tastes. So much for the charm of S1 that attracted me to this show. I might be doing a lot of ripping on this edition if it goes south quickly.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 12:21:36 AM »

The Third Time is always The Charm.

Get ready for season 3 of the hit reality TV series, The Amazing Race Asia, as the trials of Road Blocks, Fast Forwards, Yields, Intersections and Detours return, together with more drama, competition, intense excitement and tougher challenges in store for 10 brand new teams from all across Asia.

As seen in last year's thrilling and intense second season that had the teams dash through four continents in just 24 days, viewers for can expect nothing less in The Amazing Race Asia 3!

Dubbed as "The Toughest Race" ever, the focus of this season is not on the locations, but in the challenges teams must now face, which were designed with the team's relationships in mind, and created to test their strengths. This race will definitely not be a walk in the park for the new contestants.

Featuring a new group of 10 teams, including the first team from Korea, this season brings together the usual siblings, father and son team, cousins. But also look out for the beauty queens who are bound to turn heads, as three former Miss Universe contestants get behind the starting line. And one of them actually took home the coveted crown.

Also watch out for familiar faces as models, actors and TV hosts ditch their celebrity trailers to rough it out. Also keep an eye out for a chatty heiress who is definitely not in the race for the money.

Actor/host Allan Wu returns to hosting duties, as he guides teams along their adventure to reach the finishing mat to take home the US$100,000 prize.

With the third season of The Asian edition of the 15-time nominated, 7-time Emmy Award winning reality travel competition, AXN Asia is proving to one of the largest cable content creator in the region.

Get to know the new contestants of The Amazing Race Asia 3 when the season premieres on AXN this September! For more details about the race, visit the official website (http://amazing-race-asia.axn-asia.com/about/glossary/) or, if you want cannot wait to learn more about the new teams, check out the official forum page of the race (http://amazing-race-asia.axn-asia.com/about/producer/) for the latest race news.

http://amazing-race-asia.axn-asia.com/season3/teams/

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 12:27:54 AM »
Just here to visit.

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 02:35:42 AM »
Yeah so many mactors. Some didnt seem like one until I looked up their profile.Really sad.

Any first guesses whose going to win? I think one of the couple teams?

Oh wait, William and Isaac seems like a team who could go far and be liked, maybe my favourites.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 02:46:28 AM by jonnal »

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 11:16:34 AM »
wow its the amazing mactor race around asia!!!!!! how many mactors does it take to change a lightbulb?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 11:26:45 AM »
Ricky Ow, Senior Vice-President and General Manager of SPE Networks – Asia, the parent network of the AXN channel, claimed, “It will be the toughest race ever as there will be many challenges that the contestants will not expect or be mentally prepared for. The teams will have shorter resting time, the journey will be harder, and the speed of the race will be faster and more intense. This, combined with the new cast, you can expect many dramatic moments, tears, twists and turns, and an overall thrilling ride for viewers.”

‘The Amazing Race Asia 3’ has a totally new cast to look out for. Besides the first Korean team joining the race, Season 3 also has the highest number of family relationships in all seasons of ‘The Amazing Race Asia’. And unlike their predecessors, many of the contestants are not used to the demands of high adventure.

The contestants this time include three beauty queens, including former Miss Universe Natalie Glebova; wife to Thailand’s highest ranking tennis player Paradorn Srichaphan; the first-ever Korean team made up by sporty brothers; well-known Malaysian faces - Bernie Chan who pairs up with her brother, and actress Ida Nerina (Serpet) with her heiress pal Tania Khan; a comedian who can’t help but crack jokes on-and-off screen with his teacher buddy; a dramatic father and son team with theatrical antics; and the Indian team comprises a former air-hostess and her cousin.

source
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008, 11:29:03 AM »
Sheesh...they are def going to need a few "Mactors are people too!" Tee shirts! :lol3:

But I am thrilled to put some names to our spoiled faces!!  :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2008, 11:45:59 AM »
Hmm I wonder will the two pageant queens be the next Dustin and Kandice...Maybe that will get someone all interested again. :lol:

Offline JonLover

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2008, 07:17:35 AM »
Here is an article about the Philippine team:

Geoff Rodriguez and Tisha Silang: Amazing Race Asia’s Team Philippines
by Nicola M. Sebastian

You may see them as showbiz cast-offs, but hey, you don’t need to be a somebody to come out first in ‘The Amazing Race’

BY NICOLA M. SEBASTIAN — A retired beauty queen who’s misplaced her crown and an ex-Powerboy you probably had a crush on — like, five years ago. How far do you think a pair like this would make it if they joined, say, the “Amazing Race Asia 3?” Representing the Philippines in the latest Race are dating couple Tisha Silang, who had to retire from her ’98 title as Bb. Pilipinas-Universe because of her Canadian passport, and Geoff Rodriguez, who, well, you know. But before you scratch out our chances of bringing it home this time ‘round, it pays to take a closer look.

For one, despite the endless supply of jokes fired at it, showbiz really ain’t easy. We may all gawk and laugh at those Miss Universe docus that show hopefuls air-brushing their behinds, going on nothing-but-water diets, and sleeping in their heels, or raise an eyebrow at all those TV personalities that try to have a personality as they host yet another cheesy show — but, damn, all that really is a lot of work!

In fact, the very same thing that brings these two lovebirds together is what makes them the right stuff for showbiz: The spirit of (not too-) friendly competition. “It’s a fact that Tisha is the most competitive girl I know,” Geoff shares of the girl of his dreams; “That’s probably why we gel so well together — we push each other to greater heights in whatever we do.”

“Now that you mention it,” Tisha amusedly realizes, “we like doing anything that involves saying, ‘hahaha, I beat you!’” Maybe what it takes to be perpetually camera/crown-ready might be exactly what Geoff and Tish will need in what AXN is touting as “the Toughest Race.” They may not both be as buff as Marc Nelson and Rovilson Fernandez from last season (for obvious, gender-based reasons), but they certainly make up for the lack of testosterone with what Geoff sums up as “a raw emotion and intensity.”

‘Course, showbiz may be quick to classify Geoff and Tisha — both of whose time on the local star circuit was as short as Aubrey Miles’ team’s pitiful run in the first Amazing Race Asia — as dead and done has-beens. But it’s all about priorities — and being man (or woman) enough to see things for what they are.

“I was a fad, basically,” Geoff states bluntly of the time he spent dancing about in a towel to the Backstreet Boys. “And I enjoyed every minute of it. Looking back on it now, I’m probably blushing a little bit, but I wouldn’t trade those days for anything… it’s made me who I am today.” As hard as it may be to imagine what good came out of the Powerboys besides a renewed public appreciation for deodorant, the guy’s got an honest point.

And, like Geoff, Tisha has put those days behind her, having since “taken on the corporate world, working as a Business Development Manager for the past seven years.” So, as egocentric as the world of glitz and gossip may be — sorry, honeys, they’ve moved on.

That’s why, unlike most TV personalities who would see in “The Amazing Race” an Amazing Opportunity for Publicity, for Tish and Geoff it’s strictly personal. It’s an opportunity, alright, but an opportunity to ask the tough questions, “like ‘can we do it?’ says Geoff, “or, ‘are we good enough to survive?’” Naturally, there are other less-trying but equally-existential offshoots to joining: “I love seeing new places, and we all know that travelling is not by any means cheap,” adds Tisha. “So a chance where you get to travel for free? I’m so there!”

Whether you see them as showbiz castoffs or a grounded couple who’ve moved on to more important things (try life, maybe?), whether they’re trying to prove themselves to the world as more than media-portrayed pieces of meat, all that really matters is what they bring home from the competition — whether it’s the physical trophy or an (almost) better reward: a stronger belief in themselves and each other.

They may not be as celeb-rated as the other contestants — that include a pair of bona-fide beauty queens, an heiress, and the usual quota of model/actor types. But, the truth is, you don’t need to be a “somebody” to come out first in this Race.

Geoff Rodriguez and Tisha Silang

GEOFF AND TISHA: The song “Bleeding Love” by Leona Lewis is on repeat on our iPods.

GEOFF: I’m addicted to Tisha.

TISHA: What it takes to win the Amazing Race is an equal balance between physical, emotional, and mental strength.

GEOFF: I completely suck at soccer—I’m a frustrated soccer player.

TISHA: I’m happiest when I’m under the sun.

GEOFF: What attracted me first to Tisha was the fact that she didn’t like me. That’s probably the best way to get a guy, she’s good at that.

TISHA: To prepare for “The Amazing Race,” I took a crash course on how to drive a manual car and got LASIK eye surgery!

GEOFF: I am most excited about the Boxing Olympic event.

TISHA: The thing I love the most about Geoff is that he can drive me to do things I never thought I could accomplish.

GEOFF: I have the bad habit of… you’ll see in on the race!

TISHA: If I could get on a plane and fly away right now, I’d go to Tuscany

GEOFF: The most essential thing to have on a race is deodorant! No pun intended!

TISHA: Geoff are I are like Fred and Wilma.

GEOFF: Our battle plan for the race was just not to rush things and (not) look like an idiot on TV.

TISHA: I’m craving burgers and poutine (fries with gravy and cheese curds). YUM!

GEOFF: What I love the most about the Philippines is the beautiful people, and not just from an aesthetic point of view.

TISHA: The one thing I wouldn’t do for a competition is shave my head.

GEOFF: When Tisha gets mad…Tisha doesn’t get mad; I’m the one that’s always mad and stressed, so she has to worry about calming me down.

TISHA: The secret to winning the race of life is faith.

GEOFF: If I had $100,000, I would… oh you’d know. Hahaha. I wouldn’t mind blowing 100 grand on like a big event, like a party, or wedding.

TISHA: The Filipino spirit is resilient

GEOFF: The Filipino Spirit is in evolution right now. It’s at a very delicate turning point which is good.

GEOFF: What can viewers expect from the Amazing Race Asia Season 3? It’s going to be the most intense and most grueling out of the three seasons.

Visit this to see the pictures http://supreme.ph/2008/08/14/geoff-rodriguez-and-tisha-silang-amazing-race-asias-team-philippines/ or visit also my blog www.jonlover.blogspot.com, although I'm just a trying hard there..lol

Offline Jetgabriel

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Pamella and Vanessa for the win!
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2008, 04:16:15 AM »
 :waves:
I'm okay with mactors as long as they don't (m)hug the camera. Any predictions, by their looks and stories? I've predicted TAR 12 and TARA 2's winners correctly at the beginning... so I pick, Berny and Henry to be the winners!