Author Topic: On the Lot  (Read 14344 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: On the Lot
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2007, 08:54:59 PM »
THE LOT FINALE

This show opened with the elimination of Sam to get the final group down to 3. Jason, Will, and Adam were selecting two of their previous films for showing tonight. The usual voting mechanism will be used to determine the winner to be presented next week; since this is FOX there will no doubt be 56 minutes of baloney before they announce the winner in the final minutes. Only Carrie Fisher and Gary Marshall were there as judges tonight, but their only function was to ask an obvious question of one of the contestants. Adriana Costa appeared to fit into her dress properly for the first time that I recall.

Jason selected Eternal Waters, the story of a mother haunted by a drowning who is attacked by an intruder and saved by the ghost of her dead son, and Sweet, the story of an anniversary gift.

Will selected Glass Eye, a comedy about an artificial eye popping out and being chased by its owner until a dog finally gets it, and Yes Men, a gender-switch comedy about how an executive wakes up in a dress and everyone who works for him responds.

Adam selected Dough: The Musical, about a baker and a woman who is applying for employment at his bakery, and Army Guy, the story of toys who come alive inside a doll house and fight and do some comedy routines.

I adored Dough:the Musical and thought it was the best single film that I saw in the entire competition. I disliked Eternal Waters, so I think Jason ought to come in third. I liked both of Will's comedies. Army Guy is OK. I guess I would give the title (and the $1 million Spielberg contract) to Adam in a close vote over Will.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2007, 08:16:08 AM »
THE LOT FINALE RESULTS SHOW

Well, what do I know. The Internet voting process was not functional for anyone, so I could not vote for Adam. FOX was relatively tasteful and revealed that Adam finished 3rd in the voting 42 minutes into last night's show. My favorite was gone. That left it to Will vs. Jason. I would be happy with Will, but not Jason. At 50 minutes into the show, Adriana Costa opened the envelope with a flourish and announced that the winner of the $1 million contract with Dreamworks is Will. He was then shown meeting Steven Spielberg at that studio.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2007, 08:29:23 AM »
zach is out?
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2007, 02:49:40 PM »
zach is out?

Sorry, Ceejay. Canada's star filmmaker went out as #5. He just did not have the breadth in his films across a wide variety of genres. His action/motion films were superior, but he did not do as well with real human characters. Lack of support in this thread caused me to not post anything for multiple weeks, so the specifics of what happened was not documented. However, he did make it to the round of 5 before the public voted him out to Will, Jason, Adam, and Sam(who finished ahead of him in that order).
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 10:54:54 PM by apskip »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2007, 07:09:29 PM »
I appreciate your updates apskip. I loved Dough the Musical, I thought it was funny and enjoyable. Sorry he didn't do better.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.