Author Topic: American Idol for 2007....  (Read 6571 times)

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
American Idol for 2007....
« on: May 23, 2007, 09:06:09 PM »
Jordan Sparks, hate to say it, but she is so forgettable, guess I wanted Blake to win!

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Re: American Idol for 2007....
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 09:07:08 PM »
I wanted Jordin to win since she's my age  :wohoo:
but I really liked Blake too :(

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 09:38:21 PM »
I liked them both. Both have their own style. Probably Blake is far better off not winning and being stifled and forced to sing songs that aren't his style.

I must say the show was better than I expected and listening to the previous winners brought back a lot of memories. I remembered why I liked Taylor, he is a good entertainer.

They brought back the crying little girl but thankfully we didn't have to listen to Sanfizzle overly long and we only had one shot of her!  :crybabe:

Congratulations Jordin!
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 10:18:36 PM »
I am glad she won ... :yess: only because I knew Rob wanted Blake to win  B:) :snicker: :jam:

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 10:55:45 PM »
Blake didn't even want to win, he just wanted to make the top 10 for exposure. Apparently it was a huge joke with him and his friends. If he didn't want to be there maybe he should have bowed out gracefully and led Melinda be in the finale. A Melinda/Jordin finale would have been 10 million times better.

Congratulations Jordin you deserved it, if Melinda wasn't there she is probably the second best choice. Runners up have poor track records no offense to Blake but I wouldn't assume he has it made since he didn't win, go look at past runners ups. Clay is the exception he the reason he was so popular is because of rabid idol fans. American Idol fans opinion means little because it is the new fans that the idols get that make the difference. In my opinion this is like season 4 when everyone whined about Carrie winning and that she wasn't the best and didn't have any stage presence and that Bo would outsell her. I think we are going to have a repeat of season 4 in that regard.

Offline Jill_

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 12:32:06 AM »
All-in-all, I thought tonight's show was pretty good.  I did FF thru some of the songs performed by the celebrity singers I don't really care for very much.  I found the idol award speeches and replies kind of funny and especially the one about the "best buddies" or whatever it was called with the guy Simon said looked like a ?  (some kind of jungle creature) can't think of it right now, but they showed a picture of what one looks like.  Good sports, those two guys were.  But, I guess if I were on national TV, I'd be a good sport too.  Look what happened to William Hung  :lol3:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 06:53:08 AM »
All-in-all, I thought tonight's show was pretty good.  I did FF thru some of the songs performed by the celebrity singers I don't really care for very much.  I found the idol award speeches and replies kind of funny and especially the one about the "best buddies" or whatever it was called with the guy Simon said looked like a ?  (some kind of jungle creature) can't think of it right now, but they showed a picture of what one looks like.  Good sports, those two guys were.  But, I guess if I were on national TV, I'd be a good sport too.  Look what happened to William Hung  :lol3:

It was a Bush baby.  :lol3: My son #3 thinks he sees the opportunity for a new movie duo.

Offline mattus

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 08:32:53 AM »
Congrats to Jordin!! :tup:
And props to Melinda,who should have been in the finals with her ;D

Blake isn't gonna sell many CDs,he can't sing much and does anyone REALLY want to listen to that beatboxing gimmick?  :groan:

Offline smsanfran

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 09:11:47 AM »
Agreed that Jordin is so forgettable - Blake is as well.

I agree with Simon - that Melinda was the best contestatn that AI has ever seen.

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 09:51:45 AM »

I agree with Simon - that Melinda was the best contestatn that AI has ever seen.

Don't think so, that honor goes to Carrie Underwood. Melinda will not come close in sales to either her or Kelly. To sell records you have to have more than a good voice. Melinda doesn't have much else but a good voice.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 11:01:10 AM »

She was! She finally FINALLY showed her personality when she was singing last night with CeCe Winans and Aaron Neville. I wish we had seen this passion and fun during the competition. There will be a place for Melinda, we haven't heard the last of her. Not by a long shot. :tup:

Offline smsanfran

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 11:52:16 AM »

Don't think so, that honor goes to Carrie Underwood. Melinda will not come close in sales to either her or Kelly. To sell records you have to have more than a good voice. Melinda doesn't have much else but a good voice.
To sell records, you don't need a good voice.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 12:16:41 PM »
congrats to Jordin....

melinda and lakisha sounded wicked singing wtih Gladys Night....

and Sanjaya actually sounded good last night i thought! honestly sounded like he had more power in his voice.....other than the besbud thing thought there would be a little more about Antonella!
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline smsanfran

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2007, 01:36:56 PM »
congrats to Jordin....

melinda and lakisha sounded wicked singing wtih Gladys Night....

and Sanjaya actually sounded good last night i thought! honestly sounded like he had more power in his voice.....other than the besbud thing thought there would be a little more about Antonella!

I totally agree with you Ceee Jay :yess: that both Melinda and Lakisha sounded amazing with Gladys Night.

Offline Beandizzle

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2007, 01:04:04 AM »
I concur, ROb!  :groan:

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2007, 07:05:06 AM »
Anyone else think Kelly Clarkson sounded FANTASTIC...but looked HORRIFIC!!??

[attachment deleted by admin]
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2007, 03:30:41 PM »
I actually thought her lower register sounded terrible on The Beatles Medley. Her voice sounds horse, she needs a break. Who did sound amazing was Ruben with Jordin, loved that, as well as Jordin and Blake's duet.

Offline TPorter2

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2007, 10:09:33 AM »
Anyone else think Kelly Clarkson sounded FANTASTIC...but looked HORRIFIC!!??
Totally agree. 

She was spotted at an Albertsons in Burleson, TX the next day.  Guess those private planes can get you back pretty fast.