Author Topic: The Future of The Amazing Race & TAR 12  (Read 171251 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: The Future of The Amazing Race & TAR 12
« Reply #700 on: October 12, 2007, 11:34:15 AM »
CBS hates us  (:;) :dick :pull :knuckles:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #701 on: October 12, 2007, 11:41:55 AM »
CBS ORDERS SIX ONE-HOUR EPISODES OF "MILLION DOLLAR PASSWORD" FROM FREMANTLEMEDIA NORTH AMERICA
REGIS PHILBIN TO HOST NEW VERSION OF CLASSIC GAME SHOW
FOR MIDSEASON 2008

LOS ANGELES, Oct. 11 - CBS has ordered six one-hour episodes of MILLION DOLLAR PASSWORD hosted by Regis Philbin for midseason 2008, it was jointly announced today by Ghen Maynard, CBS Executive Vice President, Alternative Programming & Entertainment Content for New Media, CBS Paramount Network Television Entertainment Group and Cecile Frot-Coutaz, CEO of FremantleMedia North America.  The new primetime game show will be a modernized version based on the Goodson/Todman classics "Password," "Password Plus" and "Super Password."

"'Password' is one of the all time classic game shows and we're thrilled to bring it back to television," said Ghen Maynard. "And what better person to host it than one of today's preeminent personalities, the ever enthusiastic and beloved Regis Philbin."

:knuckles:

there setting them selfs up for the potential strike. and btw even though cane got 4 more episode scripts ordered doesnt mean it will get shown especally if ratings tumble. lets relax here. cane,kid nation, and viva lauglin are 3 shows that will not all survive. maybe 1 if they are lucky. my guesses in the coming weeks is password is headed for survivors slot in between seasons. power of 10 mid season episodes will head for wed at 8.  followed by jericho. cane and viva launlin slots are the tricky ones. tar will go in slot with swingtown in the other.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #702 on: October 13, 2007, 09:57:21 AM »
CBS hates us  (:;) :dick :pull :knuckles:

Keep the faith!   TAR will start in February at the latest.  This covers sweeps in February and May!

Offline banredbeans

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #703 on: October 14, 2007, 07:09:50 PM »
I hope they wait now until February for TAR so it can get a nice build up.  A friend of mine filmed an episode of Power of Ten and was told they would be on once they pull Kid Nation off the air. :o

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #704 on: October 14, 2007, 07:22:51 PM »
uh--oh for KN...

I think a late Jan/Feb start for TAR is the most logical now...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #705 on: October 14, 2007, 07:23:21 PM »
I hope your friend won some $$$ Mrs. Bean  :hearts:

...and so we wait  :(
:thankyou:

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #706 on: October 14, 2007, 07:27:34 PM »
Yeah, CAne is doing below expectation, but not so bad to be immediately cancelled.  A lot of this I am sure is the overall feeling in hollywood tha that they must be careful with the strong possability of a strike.  So many series are getting the order to prepare additional scripts, but arent' getting back orders on production of episodes.  So that if a strike happens they have a few more completed scripts to help the overall network.  But if the strike doesn't happen expect a sudden rush of shows getting either cancelled or pulled.

Kid Nation for example is doing quite poorly (except for the very, very young).  If it wasn't for the possability of a strike it would have been pulled aready.

Moonlight, took a huge hit with the opening of Women's Murder Club and if that holds this coming week, it will be ins erious problems.

And then we have Viva, which is getting the best possable launch window with an opening being CBS strongest show.  I am praying that it fails miserable.  I hope it loses over 50% of its lead in audeince, which is an absolute sign of a terrible performance.

As to AR, I am no convinced that due to the strike we wont get it before teh spring.  What we might get before that though (if a strike does occur and if it last long at all, not to mention the possability of an actors strike later next year) that we might get a order for season 13, before 12 airs.

That wouldn't surprise me at all.  It gives CBS several options.  One a summer show if the striek doesn't last to long, or an early opener, to help hold the schedule in place for the fall.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #707 on: October 14, 2007, 07:36:36 PM »
I hope they wait now until February for TAR so it can get a nice build up.  A friend of mine filmed an episode of Power of Ten and was told they would be on once they pull Kid Nation off the air. :o

i think kid nation is going to get pulled in a couple weeks. how long can they let ratings fall reguardless of a strike by the writers.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #708 on: October 14, 2007, 08:03:17 PM »
I read somewhere maybe entertainment magazine? that there were even talks of re-running BB8 if theres a strike. I'll look for the article but it was a sometime ago.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #709 on: October 14, 2007, 08:17:16 PM »

i think kid nation is going to get pulled in a couple weeks. how long can they let ratings fall reguardless of a strike by the writers.

I do think that Kid Nations fate depends on this week.  It it stays this low, it will be pulled.  But Unlike most shwos like this that get pulled that usually means SAturday runs or run them off online only.  I think its possible that they will hold it until the strike authorization vote, just to see how the wind blows and thats not far off.

Right now the only reason that makes any since for AR to come back before February, is if three things all happen (four would really help.

Kid Nations atings continue to slide, Moonlight does as poorly or worse this Friday, Viva Bombs on both THursday and Sunday (God how I want that to happen regardless), and Cane needs to fall further.

Witht he first set of sweeps coming up, CBS needs to do okay. Th ePOwer of !0, showed that it would underperform agains't a full network scedule (instead of the weaker summer), they have 8 episodes of Jericho that can be run.  But does the stuido think it can deliver strongly.  It rarely got over 10 million viewers last year (though its demo's when it did was stronger then AR).  And it has one other show waiting int eh wings that can be used immediately to feel holes with originals, but no its an unknown.

My question to the detectives.  If season 12 started, and did okay and a strike happened.  Does that lead enough time for the producers to cast, plan and film another cycle for March April and May.  Because if a strike happens that will be when the networks need holes plugged.

If it can be done, then AR is a viable hole filler now.  If not then it would be far smarter to hold off.  I personally think its smarter to hold off, and green light another cycle if the strike is a go.

Offline banredbeans

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #710 on: October 15, 2007, 05:53:32 AM »
I hope she won big money too.  The sad thing is if the episodes are not shown that were taped the contestants only get to have 10% of the money they won.

Does anyone remember what the ratings were for Pirate Master before the episodes went on line?

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #711 on: October 15, 2007, 08:52:21 AM »
I hope she won big money too.  The sad thing is if the episodes are not shown that were taped the contestants only get to have 10% of the money they won.

Does anyone remember what the ratings were for Pirate Master before the episodes went on line?

6.99 million watched the premaire, and it got sent to the web when it got down to 4.9something million viewers, and that was a summer show. kid nation stated in the 9 iirc and now is down to 7 million. strike or no strike fall tv is differnt, there is no way kid nation stays on wed night if its numbers continue going down which it prob will in the 6 million range.

Offline swimmer12

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #712 on: October 15, 2007, 02:57:39 PM »
does cbs advertise the amazing race good? because a lot of people in my school don't know about it.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #713 on: October 15, 2007, 11:04:04 PM »
The final numbers for Kid Nation this week were 6.91 million viewers.  CBS was significantly behind both NBC and ABC, and barely above fox.  Hell it wasn't that much ahead of the CW.

And it was a terrible drag on the night as a whole.  At 9pm CBS averaged 14 plus million viewers, at 10pm it averaged 13.3 million viewers. 

Kid Nation isn't even delivering half the audience of the rest of its Wednesday schedule, that is terrible.  Again, If the ratings stay this low, they are stupid not to pull it.  A CSI rerun would probably get higher numbers.

And with the first batch of DVR numbers coming out the word is that reality tv and game shows didn't increase much at all (by genre the smallest increases.  While procedurals increased the most.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #714 on: October 15, 2007, 11:17:01 PM »
What is a procedural? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #715 on: October 15, 2007, 11:24:51 PM »
The term usually follows "police."  :rules:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #716 on: October 15, 2007, 11:25:55 PM »
saved!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #717 on: October 15, 2007, 11:52:26 PM »
I'm never living this down, am I?  :lol:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #718 on: October 16, 2007, 12:19:07 AM »
No!  :lol:

saved!  :yess:

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #719 on: October 16, 2007, 12:46:49 AM »
I'm never living this down, am I?  :lol:

Hell, Peach just tell them I spelled it wrong.  No one will have any problems believing that.

And by the way, some awesome spoiler pictures and work you guys have done.  CAn't wait.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #720 on: October 16, 2007, 12:49:12 AM »
Damned and Doomed?

***it isn't you mswood!  Seen any good Maps lately?
:rotf:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #721 on: October 18, 2007, 10:39:49 AM »
from media life talkin about viva crapin

The buzz
To say media people aren’t looking upon “Viva Laughlin” favorably would be a huge understatement. Most rated this the worst new drama this fall and think it will be one of the first shows canceled.

The only show with a worse reputation this fall is ABC’s “Cavemen,” and that's not by much.

“I think the list of least promising new dramas starts and ends with ‘Viva Laughlin,’” says one media researcher. “It’s sort of the ‘Cop Rock’ for the 2000s. They’re going to preview it after ‘CSI’ on a Thursday, and then try to get people tune in after ‘60 Minutes,’ but I’d rather slit my wrists. It’s going to be very bad.”

If “Laughlin” performs as badly as most think it will, CBS is expected to plug in a new cycle of “The Amazing Race.”

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #722 on: October 18, 2007, 09:08:44 PM »
I've suffered through the first five minutes...can we pull the plug now?  :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #723 on: October 18, 2007, 09:24:55 PM »
I've suffered through the first five minutes...can we pull the plug now?  :lol3:

Thats it I demand we ban Peach.  How dare she watch even one minute of the that damned show, that replaced our beloved AR.  (:;)

She's possessed or something, there has to be a reason. :groan:

Here's hoping the show sinks faster then the titanic.  I want it dead.  I want to see vultures circiling over its dead rotting carcass.   :badhorse:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #724 on: October 18, 2007, 09:32:11 PM »
 Hey--I'm taking one for the team here! Someone had to do it!

Oh trust me--it's dead. It may not be buried yet--but it is SOOO dead!

I knew they were going to sing--but omg--words can NOT describe...they sing:lol3: :rotf: :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule: