Author Topic: The Future of The Amazing Race & TAR 12  (Read 172342 times)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Future of The Amazing Race & TAR 12
« Reply #500 on: June 04, 2007, 11:41:32 AM »
heres an interesting artical about cbs scaring affliates, which will prob bring good news for tar12 if when they pulls shows after no1 the new stuff
from mediaweek
CBS Scaring Affils With Edgy Slate

A.J. Frutkin

JUNE 04, 2007 -

CBS station owners have watched approvingly as the network has climbed to a near-dominant position over the past decade. So it is noteworthy that the fall schedule presentation at CBS’ annual affiliates meeting in Las Vegas last week displeased many station executives.

CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler pointed to the new fall programs as proof of the network’s “commitment to be daring.” Perhaps nowhere was that commitment more evident than in the clips screened from Swingtown, the 1970s-set midseason drama about sex in the suburbs. For sure, the period piece elicited the most outright negative response.

“I don’t like it, and I don’t see the need for it,” said Donald Smullin, general manager of the Eureka Television Group, which owns Eureka, Calif.-based CBS affiliate KVIQ. Smullin said the show “pandered” to a national obsession with sex and drugs, adding, “I don’t think it’s a worthwhile project.” Many believed the show’s content seemed more appropriate for cable. “I just hope that we don’t alienate the viewer base that is more conservative,” said Greg Phipps, president of the privately-owned Lima, Ohio-based CBS affiliate WLMO-TV.

The Swingtown clips came at the end of the presentation. Earlier, Tassler screened the full pilot of geek sitcom The Big Bang Theory, which, after a slow start, completely won over the audience. Clips of Cuban family drama Cane did the same. But a cutdown of reality show Kid Nation underwhelmed many attendees, as did clips of the vampire-themed drama Moonlight. The full pilot screening of crime drama/musical Viva Laughlin also took the crowd by surprise. “Some of the singing and dancing was a bit over the top,” said Paul McTear, president and CEO of Raycom Media, which owns eight CBS affiliates.

Although the presentation may have perplexed station execs, most agreed CBS has earned the right to step outside the box, and is doing so from a position of strength. “If the purpose was to be bold, then the purpose was served,” said Bill Carroll, vp/director of programming at Katz Television Group

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 05, 2007, 09:19:15 PM »
I saw them filming today! The teams had to take a limo across the ocean to Malta! ... and then I woke up :(

I have a bad case of TAR withdrawal.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #502 on: June 05, 2007, 10:17:44 PM »
haha that happens to me too Michael except last night I was dreaming of Survivor China and wishing so hard that I could be there! Good for EPMB for bringing some new ideas into such an aging show ...hoping for the same for our TAR cast, locations, as well as  some new hard/physical challenges  :jam:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 05, 2007, 10:36:05 PM »
Yeah, even if it was a bad cast, as long as the challenges are hard/physical I'd be ecstatic. I WANT TO SEE HEIDI KLUM RUN TAR!

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #504 on: June 05, 2007, 11:17:27 PM »
haha that happens to me too Michael except last night I was dreaming of Survivor China and wishing so hard that I could be there! Good for EPMB for bringing some new ideas into such an aging show ...hoping for the same for our TAR cast, locations, as well as  some new hard/physical challenges  :jam:

physical challenges eh???? they should goto israel and have the pit stop on top of masadah, but to get up to the top its a roadblock, one team memeber takes the cable car while the other one runs up the snake path. thats physical itsself see'ing it would take them a year and a day to finish it. can you imagine 2 teams racing not to be eliminated, tired, thirsty and dehydrated not trying to get eliminated  :lol: :lol:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #505 on: June 06, 2007, 08:51:31 AM »
heres a interesting qoute from variety about jericho, that will have todo with tar in the future

"I really think that what has been learned here is that networks are going to have to look at numbers and who is watching their show and who is downloading their show in a different way from here on out," Barbee said. "I think they have to understand that the Nielsens are not telling the story anymore and that the 18-49 demographic they're all so keen on is online and that's how increasingly they are getting their news and entertainment."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #506 on: June 06, 2007, 09:49:27 AM »
Rumors are CBS is in talks of bringing Jericho back mid season..fans sent CBS bags of nuts to protest.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #507 on: June 06, 2007, 09:52:48 AM »
Tons and tons of nuts!

We need to pay attention to how they ran that "Bring Back Jericho" campaign--just in case we ever need to mobilize something similar!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline KingCrimson88

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #508 on: June 06, 2007, 04:16:25 PM »
Bringing back Jericho isn't good for TAR, is it? What if it takes one of the cancelled new show slots, instead of TAR?

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #509 on: June 06, 2007, 04:32:38 PM »
Bringing back Jericho isn't good for TAR, is it? What if it takes one of the cancelled new show slots, instead of TAR?

theres a rumor its only for 8 episodes and most likely a filler in between survivor seasons

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #510 on: June 07, 2007, 12:57:41 AM »
fwiw:

CBS Beams Viewers Alerts on Overruns
Uses E-mail, Text Message or Broadband TiVo
By Michele Greppi
CBS is deploying state-of-the-art TV technology to answer a question that dogs its viewers on any Sundays when a football game or a golf match delays the start of prime time.
CBS will launch a digital viewer alert system this fall that will tell all who have signed up for the service, via e-mail or text message, just how late Sunday's prime-time shows will start on nights that have been delayed by sports or other live programming.
That will let them know when to be in front of their sets or how to adjust their recording times for programs that will be affected by the delay.

For a particularly lucky million or more viewers who have TiVo's broadband service, no manual adjustment will be necessary, because TiVo will zap an instantly adjusted schedule to its recorders so that those viewers' devices capture the programs—and only the programs—they want. (No such adjustment is possible with TiVo's other service, which updates recorders nightly via phone.)

To expand the instant reprogramming strategy will require separate arrangements with each cable carrier in each market, CBS Marketing Group President George Schweitzer told TelevisionWeek at the CBS affiliates convention in Las Vegas.

"Everyone's got their own system. There's not one signal that could be sent out everywhere," he said. "It's complicated, but it's not impossible, and we're working on that."

The viewer-alert initiative was inspired by a night last season when a football run-over delayed "The Amazing Race" by about a half-hour.

"I was on the message boards that night—I go on TV.com and Meevee and all these places—and [the chatter] was really vehement. The people were really pissed, because they had set their VCRs and DVRs," Mr. Schweitzer said. "I had been talking to our engineers and our digital people for a while about program alerts.

"We put crawls on. We've got that down pat and we know how to do that, but that's only speaking to the people who are watching."

There will be a publicity blitz about how to sign up for the viewer alert service before the start of the football season.

"We're going to tell you there's a delay, so if you're at the dinner table and you're not planning to watch TV until 8 o'clock, when you want to see 'Viva Laughlin,' you get the e-mail saying it's going to be 15 minutes delayed, please reset your VCR," Mr. Schweitzer said. "That's a good thing. We're helping you because you want to be helped. I think people will be happy with that."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #511 on: June 07, 2007, 01:20:33 AM »
Well that might have been a worthwhile delay! :wohoo:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #512 on: June 07, 2007, 09:34:31 AM »
Where to post this? Good a place as any  :lol: and yeah we'll use this if they ever mess with our TAR  :jam:

To the Fans of Jericho:
Wow!

Over the past few weeks you have put forth an impressive and probably unprecedented display of passion in support of a prime time television series. You got our attention; your emails and collective voice have been heard.

As a result, CBS has ordered seven episodes of "Jericho" for mid-season next year.  In success, there is the potential for more. But, for there to be more "Jericho," we will need more viewers.

A loyal and passionate community has clearly formed around the show.  But that community needs to grow.   It needs to grow on the CBS Television Network, as well as on the many digital platforms where we make the show available.

We will count on you to rally around the show, to recruit new viewers with the same grass-roots energy, intensity and volume you have displayed in recent weeks.

At this time, I cannot tell you the specific date or time period that "Jericho" will return to our schedule.  However, in the interim, we are working on several initiatives to help introduce the show to new audiences.  This includes re-broadcasting "Jericho" on CBS this summer, streaming episodes and clips from these episodes across the CBS Audience Network (online), releasing the first season DVD on September 25 and continuing the story of Jericho in the digital world until the new episodes return. We will let you know specifics when we have them so you can pass them on.

On behalf of everyone at CBS, thank you for expressing your support of "Jericho" in such an extraordinary manner.  Your protest was creative, sustained and very thoughtful and respectful in tone.  You made a difference. 

Sincerely,

Nina Tassler
President, CBS Entertainment

P.S.   Please stop sending us nuts 

pdf

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #513 on: June 07, 2007, 03:43:29 PM »
 :'( cbs is really playing up VIVA LAUGHLIN  :knuckles:

CBS announced that they will use THE AMERICAN THEATRE WING'S 61st ANNUAL TONY AWARDS to showcase multiple promos for VIVA LAUGHLIN.

pdf

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 07, 2007, 03:45:37 PM »
It's ok puddin - a show like that will not last  :snicker:  ..or else :knuckles:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #515 on: June 07, 2007, 04:13:28 PM »
It's ok puddin - a show like that will not last  :snicker:  ..or else :knuckles:

i have this feeling that they do not have tar going back to sunday nights. i would still pay attention to the unit, kid nation, cane or the friday night stuff before viva lauglin. i get this feeling that cbs wants viva laughlin to succeed, and saw acouple articals about it.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #516 on: June 07, 2007, 05:41:46 PM »
Yeah I read that they out bid the other networks to get it and was sort of impressed by the clip in the link but won't watch to just to make a point :hand: :neener: <<cbs

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #517 on: June 07, 2007, 07:38:29 PM »
Yeah I read that they out bid the other networks to get it and was sort of impressed by the clip in the link but won't watch to just to make a point :hand: :neener: <<cbs

ill watch sunday night football over that

Offline GnarlyMarly

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #518 on: June 09, 2007, 12:37:59 AM »
Do we have a official date or speculated date of filming?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #519 on: June 09, 2007, 04:48:47 PM »
Marly, I know nothing  :lol:!

The Amazing Race production hasn't even wrapped up TAR All-stars yet according to Variety.com.

eta: sometime before August?

RESUME    

Evan Weinstein
Producer      The Amazing Race 12      CBS      05/07-08/07

« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 04:57:57 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #520 on: June 10, 2007, 10:40:32 AM »
fwiw:
Keoghan says he hopes to be able to remain as the face of The Amazing Race which is about to tape its 12th season for as long as producers want him on the show.

canada.com

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #521 on: June 10, 2007, 11:04:40 AM »
hehe...maybe it will begin this week coming up? all you americans should begin standing at airports!

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #522 on: June 10, 2007, 11:15:40 AM »
hehe...maybe it will begin this week coming up? all you americans should begin standing at airports!

or calling every major film office in the country  :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #523 on: June 10, 2007, 11:22:39 AM »
kogs--you are on that right?!  :jam:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #524 on: June 10, 2007, 01:32:16 PM »
kogs--you are on that right?!  :jam:

world race productions
wrp group
rt technologies