Author Topic: The Future of The Amazing Race & TAR 12  (Read 172632 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: The Future of The Amazing Race & TAR 12
« Reply #450 on: May 23, 2007, 11:07:30 PM »
I recommend cold showers for both of you crazy idgits! :shower:

:kissy: :hearts: :kissy:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #451 on: May 24, 2007, 08:23:52 AM »
My, my, when there's nothing of consequence happening the postings on this thread do set a new standard!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #452 on: May 24, 2007, 08:38:28 AM »
Heh...just no comments on the LEVEL of that new standard! :-[
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 24, 2007, 09:13:09 AM »
OK, I know we already 100% discredited this, but here is proof that the sighting was not a sighting!

LOL

And that's exactly what many of the members of our club said

Turns out (and I only found this out yesterday after asking about your friends) it was actually a company who run team building exercises in Whangarei - and it was the crowd from First Mobile involved in the day

So once again I must apologise for any inconvenience caused to you or your colleagues - particularly considering the reason wasn't as spectacular as the name suggested....

Regards

GR

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #454 on: May 24, 2007, 09:34:02 AM »
Very nice Michael! Do we give the free round to Lita's dad? :lol:

I still have not heard back yet from the Mobile people....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 24, 2007, 09:35:43 AM »
I feel bad I made him do work for my non-existing friends that got "kicked out" of their golf club!  :lol3:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #456 on: May 25, 2007, 12:47:39 PM »
Joni/Frostie mentioned Rosie O'Donnell & Pauly Shore at sucks and those are the 2 names I heard but still I would take it with a grain of salt. Same goes for Will & Janelle..I just can't see Erin letting Will spend all that time with Janelle :lol: Janelle almost ruined their relationship last summer on BB * between the sheets* so really if either of them are to race I can't see them as partners. More likely I can see Janelle and maybe Howie? or Beau? and Will with either Boogie or why not Erin?

Offline KingCrimson88

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #457 on: May 25, 2007, 04:41:50 PM »
Joni/Frostie mentioned Rosie O'Donnell & Pauly Shore at sucks

Kill me now.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #458 on: May 25, 2007, 05:11:28 PM »
If any other (beyond Alison) of the Big Brother "celebrities" EVER get cast on The Amazing Race, it's time to start watching another show and time to take TAR off the air. The same is true of Survivor "celebrities" (beyond Rob and Amber) and any other types of celebrities. Most of the charm of The Amazing Race is that it features REAL PEOPLE that you want to get to know. I puke at the thought of Celebrity TAR.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 25, 2007, 07:42:43 PM »
wtf....rosie on TAR?
somebody shoot me in the face right now LOL
she wasn't on the view today...  ???

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #460 on: May 25, 2007, 07:47:22 PM »
wtf....rosie on TAR?
somebody shoot me in the face right now LOL
she wasn't on the view today...  ???

I like Rosie, but i might have to DROP a house on her if she was on TAR.

She had a previously scheduled family thing--was why she wasn't there today.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 06:27:17 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #461 on: May 25, 2007, 08:55:02 PM »
Rght it was her girlfriends Birthday. Now that the beans are spilled lets hope TPTB go another way  :meow:  (:;)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #462 on: May 25, 2007, 09:07:21 PM »
In other news....no need to watch the View anymore.

Rosie O'Donnell Won't Be Back on The View

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #463 on: May 25, 2007, 09:41:07 PM »
Please lord tell me she isn't busy packing her backpack! :groan:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #464 on: May 25, 2007, 10:18:41 PM »
I'll own up and tell you that I'm a hugh Rosie fan and even have the original Rosie doll :lol:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #465 on: May 25, 2007, 10:32:48 PM »
Guys guess what, I GOT MY DRIVERS LICENSE!  (well, the learners permit, in 8 months I get my full one) so now I can drive around North America and find the starting city for TAR12!

ps:

rosie >> elizabeth

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #466 on: May 25, 2007, 10:39:21 PM »
I like Rosie too! And I admire her love of the race and her generosity to David and Mary. But  do I want her--or ANY other celebrity on my TAR? For me the answer is no. I have always felt that the charm of TAR was seeing ordinary people coping with extraordinary situations. People who could be your friends or your neighbors or yourself and that let you imagine how you might have reacted. That and the fabulous locations are what have made me never miss an episode, and has kept me loving the show for 11 seasons.

I really hate the idea of a celebrity edition, no matter who the celebrity might be. Even if it is Rosie, whom I admire and respect. And even if she loves the race. I want complete unknowns, please. I want me! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #467 on: May 25, 2007, 10:43:33 PM »
Guys guess what, I GOT MY DRIVERS LICENSE!  (well, the learners permit, in 8 months I get my full one) so now I can drive around North America and find the starting city for TAR 12!

:wohoo: That's great Michael! A big congratulations! Did you have to parallel park? :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #468 on: May 25, 2007, 11:18:39 PM »
Guys guess what, I GOT MY DRIVERS LICENSE!  (well, the learners permit, in 8 months I get my full one) so now I can drive around North America and find the starting city for TAR12!

ps:

rosie >> elizabeth
I can't beleive what they make you all go through now to get a license! All I had to do was pass a written test and drive << all in one day.

Good luck to you Michael  :jam:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 25, 2007, 11:19:37 PM »
If any other (beyond Alison) of the Big Brother "celebrities" EVER get cast on The Amazing Race, it's time to start watching another show and time to take TAR off the air. The same is true of Survivor "celebrities" (beyond Rob and Amber) and any other types of celebrities. Most of the charm of The Amazing Race is that it features REAL PEOPLE that you want to get to know. I puke at the thought of Celebrity TAR.

I don't know apskip, while a TAR celebrity sounds horrible, it COULD end up being way better than All Stars, which had what in my opinion was the most boring race course ever ran.

The only objection I would have for a TAR celebrity/reality edition would be that if TAR12 is the last TAR (which I kind of doubt) then the last season we had with normal teams was TAR10! :(

thanks puddin:D I'm so excited to start driving....no more public bus for me....me and my best friend got lost for 3 hours on the way to the license place using the stupid bus today  (:;)

Rosie and Kelly for the win??! First F/F team? Haha I'm excited kind of....my mom is going to be so happy, she loves rosie.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 11:24:33 PM by Michael D »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #470 on: May 25, 2007, 11:37:08 PM »
no more public bus for me....me and my best friend got lost for 3 hours on the way to the license place using the stupid bus today

Ahem! Posting on this forum requires better navigation skills! And driving a stick shift!  :rotf: 

I remember my test: written test, 15 minute drive with an inspector, and parallel parking which was nearly the death of me at the time. Then driving with an adult for I think it was 4 months? Strange to think now how many years I've been driving since!

I thought there was a transport strike in Toronto now? I want to believe celebrity team=horrible rumour!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline banredbeans

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #471 on: May 26, 2007, 06:57:42 AM »
I'm sorry but I just don't feel the Rosie love.  To me she is just a loud mouth B:) pushing her views on everyone.  I hate to say this but there was probably an alterior motive for getting sponsors to give David and Mary the house. She pushes TAR on the View because she wants to do the show. 

Elizabeth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rosie

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #472 on: May 26, 2007, 11:46:26 AM »
In my opinion, Rosie O'Donnell = a more vulgar version of Rosanne Barr(yes, it is possible). I don't watch The View, but I'm certain it will be better without her from what I have read in local newspapers. I think Donald Trump had Rosie pegged correctly, particularly that Barbara Walters would be chomping at the bit to see Rosie depart.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 26, 2007, 11:59:48 AM »
LOL, I can't take anybody who agrees with Donald Trump's "view" on Rosie seriously? For somebody his age to go into the public eye and make fun of somebodies physical appearance just because they made a comment about his show(s) is ridiculous. And hey - Roseanne Barr = awesome  ;D

Offline KingCrimson88

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #474 on: May 26, 2007, 02:52:04 PM »
I can't take anybody who doesn't hate the idea of Rosie being on TAR seriously.  :-\