Author Topic: The Future of The Amazing Race & TAR 12  (Read 171604 times)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Re: The Future of The Amazing Race & TAR 12
« Reply #300 on: May 20, 2007, 10:17:07 PM »
My week just isn't the same without trying to interpret the screen caps into a way that makes the BQs team number 1 :( I miss you guys!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #301 on: May 21, 2007, 07:37:17 AM »
And so it starts....

We know that TAR Asia is not on right now, and we are pretty much  certain due to Phil's schedule that TAR 12 is not on either. Is there a local NZ race?

The Amazing Race around NZ, again
May 21st, 2007 · 1 Comment
The latest series of The Amazing Race (TAR) is being run right now.

On Saturday, golfers (including Lita’s Daddy) at Kaikohe Golf Club in Northland were pushed off the greens while Amazing Racers were filmed trying to sink a ball in the 10th hole before moving on to the next challenge.

Jeesh, those crazy cats in TAR production sure come up with some radical, scary challenges, don’t they?

If you ask Lita’s Mum, the real challenge of Kaikohe is attempting a left turn out of the Shell Petrol Station on Broadway without a ding or a road rage incident.

Lita bit

1 response so far ↓

Pip // May 21st 2007 at 10:09 pm

I saw them running down Queen St this evening. I so rooting for the gay couple to win. There always is one
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #302 on: May 21, 2007, 08:48:30 AM »
And so it starts....

We know that TAR Asia is not on right now, and we are pretty much  certain due to Phil's schedule that TAR 12 is not on either. Is there a local NZ race?

The Amazing Race around NZ, again
May 21st, 2007 · 1 Comment
The latest series of The Amazing Race (TAR) is being run right now.

On Saturday, golfers (including Lita’s Daddy) at Kaikohe Golf Club in Northland were pushed off the greens while Amazing Racers were filmed trying to sink a ball in the 10th hole before moving on to the next challenge.

Jeesh, those crazy cats in TAR production sure come up with some radical, scary challenges, don’t they?

If you ask Lita’s Mum, the real challenge of Kaikohe is attempting a left turn out of the Shell Petrol Station on Broadway without a ding or a road rage incident.

Lita bit

1 response so far ↓

Pip // May 21st 2007 at 10:09 pm

I saw them running down Queen St this evening. I so rooting for the gay couple to win. There always is one

ill get you an answer on that shortly peach, thanks for finding this

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #303 on: May 21, 2007, 09:24:38 AM »
I found this kogs--but I don't know if "Eastern Bay" is the same area? I think it is North Island though... Found a map

Eastern Bay's Amazing Race
21 May 2007

Youth Week in the Eastern Bay will be marked by Ngati Awa Social and Health services with a business challenge.

The event runs along similar lines to the TV show The Amazing Race.

Youth and Whanau Coordinator Lynne Cooper says the three hour event will pit four member teams against each other in physical and intellectual scenarios.

She says the various challenges should test leadership skills and build confidence and self esteem.

Youth week begins today.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 09:28:57 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline yikes

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #304 on: May 21, 2007, 10:12:17 AM »
What do you want to bet he's still involved though? This is his baby...

He will be for sure as he is the executive producer...just not on screen.  The application said that you have to be ready to be gone up to 7 days during the summer months if you're chosen once your schedule is cleared.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 21, 2007, 10:53:38 AM »
omg the rumors begin!  :wohoo:

while I agree with the fact that the season more then likely did not begin filming yet, Phil's last book tour date was Wed., May 16 from 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m

And peach - that article says youth week begins today - may 21st- but the sighting said he saw racers on Saturday
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 11:12:16 AM by Michael D »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #306 on: May 21, 2007, 11:14:58 AM »
 :lol: Can we blame it on the International dateline again? :lol:

Puhleeeesse?? :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #307 on: May 21, 2007, 11:16:31 AM »
omg the rumors begin!  :wohoo:

while I agree with the fact that the season more then likely did not begin filming yet, Phil's last book tour date was Wed., May 16 from 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m

And peach - that article says youth week begins today - may 21st- but the sighting said he saw racers on Saturday

has tarasia2 even casted yet???? looking for all the alais names tar uses when getting film permits, and if its them there going west to east again. but since this is only rumors lets not get ahead of our selfs

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #308 on: May 21, 2007, 11:22:34 AM »
IZAD said that filming was supposed to be in the summer  and this can't be us because we know exactly where Phil is right now so it must be something else...

but wow kogs--you are the man!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #309 on: May 21, 2007, 11:24:46 AM »
IZAD said that filming was supposed to be in the summer  and this can't be us because we know exactly where Phil is right now so it must be something else...

but wow kogs--you are the man!

oh peach since i have no clue where to look yet you in the mood to make some international phone calls or shoot off emails?  ;D

http://www.filmnz.org.nz/production-guide/regional-film-offices.html

and right now im just looking through us film office sites right now trying to figure this one out, again if it is our tar. and i think the TES stuff phil did was way before the summer.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 21, 2007, 11:30:07 AM »
How do we know exactly where he is right now?!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #311 on: May 21, 2007, 11:33:38 AM »
You know me--I'm glad to chat with anyone/anytime! :lol:

But I think it is way too soon--I agree TES was earlier but Phil has been in Canada promoting his N.O.W.  show--he was there on the 16th foor sure doing book signings... And I thought I read somewhere about him having something planned for his birthday on the 31st?

May 8, 10 am to 12 noon at Chapters, 70 Kenmount, St. John’s.
- May 8, 6 pm to 8 pm at Chapters, 41 Mic Mac, Dartmouth.
- May 9, 6 pm to 8 pm at Indigo, 1500 McGill College, Montreal.
- May 12, 1 pm to 4 pm at Indigo, 55 Bloor, Toronto.
- May 13, 1 pm to 3 pm at Chapters, 1225 St. Mary’s, Winnipeg.
- May 14, 6 pm to 8 pm at Chapters, 2625 Gordon, Regina.
- May 15, 6 pm to 7 pm at Chapters, 9631 MacLeod Trail, Calgary.
- May 16, 7 pm to 9 pm at Chapters, 788 Robson, Vancouver.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #312 on: May 21, 2007, 11:35:35 AM »
You know me--I'm glad to chat with anyone/anytime! :lol:

But I think it is way too soon--I agree TES was earlier but Phil has been in Canada promoting his N.O.W.  show--he was there on the 16th foor sure doing book signings... And I thought I read somewhere about him having something planned for his birthday on the 31st?

May 8, 10 am to 12 noon at Chapters, 70 Kenmount, St. John’s.
- May 8, 6 pm to 8 pm at Chapters, 41 Mic Mac, Dartmouth.
- May 9, 6 pm to 8 pm at Indigo, 1500 McGill College, Montreal.
- May 12, 1 pm to 4 pm at Indigo, 55 Bloor, Toronto.
- May 13, 1 pm to 3 pm at Chapters, 1225 St. Mary’s, Winnipeg.
- May 14, 6 pm to 8 pm at Chapters, 2625 Gordon, Regina.
- May 15, 6 pm to 7 pm at Chapters, 9631 MacLeod Trail, Calgary.
- May 16, 7 pm to 9 pm at Chapters, 788 Robson, Vancouver.

clearly we are all just speculating but lets say if these are them, then they would be throwing them for a loop again.

Offline yikes

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #313 on: May 21, 2007, 01:31:44 PM »
The admin for the N.O.W. Facebook group said that Phil went back to L.A. on the 17th.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 21, 2007, 01:46:37 PM »
The admin for the N.O.W. Facebook group said that Phil went back to L.A. on the 17th.

and if NZ was the first leg of the race then that would leave him three days to get ready! it seems a little to tight though....i'm going with a false sighting for now..

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #315 on: May 21, 2007, 01:56:38 PM »
And yikes do you know this?
I remember seeing/reading somewhere about a planned 40th Birthday celebration for Phil on the 31st--but doggone if I can find it now...

I really think it is a local thingy, but glad to know we're all chomping at the bit and ready for action!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 21, 2007, 02:09:08 PM »
Michael // May 22nd 2007 at 4:15 am

I’m wondering if you can let us know more of what you saw? How sure are you that this was the American Amazing Race and not a local TAR?

Pip // May 22nd 2007 at 6:42 am

A couple of people running with a camera behind them….it very well could have been a local TAR. But I’m hoping not.

She responded to my post!
I dont think local tars are video taped, and I know Izad mentioned that TAR Asia wouldn't be filming until after June 11th

Offline joemike

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #317 on: May 21, 2007, 02:10:44 PM »
i just got back from italy with my school yesterday and i saw a camera/sounds person getting onto a  plane. Tar?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 21, 2007, 02:17:40 PM »
hmm, I thought you mentioned going to Italy between July 5th - 25th?

Offline joemike

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #319 on: May 21, 2007, 02:20:21 PM »
yeh thats when im going with my family around europe i went with my 10th grade italian class for 10 days and got bck yesterday. When i was walking through the airport i saw a saw 2 production people go on a plane. There were people with backpacks but only 2 people with camerass and 2 people with a mic thing.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 21, 2007, 02:21:26 PM »
now i'm getting all excited, thanks joemike, I don't know what to make of all of this - it could all just be coinncidences - but Lita (the other blogger) also replied to me:

#

Lita // May 22nd 2007 at 7:07 am

My source was my Father, who admittedly only cared that he was shoved off the green for a bit. He seemed to think it was Phil and Co.

I hope it wasn’t one of those local TARs, they suck.

Offline joemike

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #321 on: May 21, 2007, 02:22:45 PM »
oh and this was at jfk airport in new york

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #322 on: May 21, 2007, 02:23:11 PM »
Michael // May 22nd 2007 at 4:15 am

I’m wondering if you can let us know more of what you saw? How sure are you that this was the American Amazing Race and not a local TAR?

Pip // May 22nd 2007 at 6:42 am

A couple of people running with a camera behind them….it very well could have been a local TAR. But I’m hoping not.

She responded to my post!
I dont think local tars are video taped, and I know Izad mentioned that TAR Asia wouldn't be filming until after June 11th

joemike
--you're a watcher--can you describe EXACTLY what you saw? Pictures? Any identifying marks on the bags? More info please!

I think some local TAR events are taped--for instance the Rai$ing Race in SC is filmed by the local film school and then entrants can buy a DVD. Guess maybe I'll see if I can reach the local group by email somehow--let me know if anyone sees an address!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 21, 2007, 02:24:25 PM »
I e-mailed the golf club, I'll let you know when I get a reply!

Offline joemike

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #324 on: May 21, 2007, 02:33:01 PM »
ok so i got off the plane and i wass obvioussly on the international side since i went to italy. And waiting in the airport at the gate were like about 8 people. And where u check into the gate there was a sounds person and a camera person and they had forms with them and they had people signing. Around the people was another s/c person. All the people had backpacks like people on tar. It was gate 756. I just called the airport and gate 756 goes to aruba. The team or w/e were looking at some paper, maby a clue? I couldnt get a good look since i was being rushed by my teacher.  Umm 2 people had matching shirts. hmmm maby the other s/c people were allready on the plane. Thats pretty much it. If i remeber anything else il post it. My friend took a picture so i will try and get it from him.