Author Topic: The Future of The Amazing Race & TAR 12  (Read 172512 times)

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
Re: The Future of The Amazing Race & TAR 12
« Reply #275 on: May 17, 2007, 05:19:20 PM »
Guys you have to remember this needs to be filmed, and if its not filmed this summer it can not replace a failed show!   And i have been hearing that no Amazing Race is going to film this summer!

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 17, 2007, 05:26:07 PM »
Guys you have to remember this needs to be filmed, and if its not filmed this summer it can not replace a failed show!   And i have been hearing that no Amazing Race is going to film this summer!

Where did you here this from? Most resumes i've seen (posted by puddin) has production in between 05/07 - 09/07

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 17, 2007, 06:52:44 PM »
someone at sucks pm'd me an interesting comment from Erika's myspace today (left by the OTHER erika)

May 17 2007 1:20P
I am starting to think we aren't going to make it. Thoughts?

I doubt it means anything involving TAR, but who knows - with all the "familiar faces" rumors flying about.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #278 on: May 17, 2007, 08:37:53 PM »

Phil said that filming is meant to happen this summer.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline yikes

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #279 on: May 17, 2007, 08:54:22 PM »

TAR6 was filmed in August-September 2004 and was ready to air in November.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #280 on: May 17, 2007, 08:59:03 PM »
The TV editor of the Newark Star-Ledger interprets the information he received from CBS as "Amazing Race will be returning mid-season on Saturday night."

If this is true, it is indeed "the kiss of death"!  Nothing lasts for long on Saturday night.

But lets face it,  "hit" reality shows are  nearing the end of their  run. It is a trueism of television land that all good things must come to an end. Even "Gunsmoke" bit the bullet after 22 years!

Survivor had its lowest ratings for a final show in its history; down some 6 million.  Partly due, I think, to the fact that only  minority members made up the final five.  It may be PC, but the majority of viewers do not watch shows made for the minority.

TAR also ran into a shrinking audience.  Partly due to the familiarity of the players, partly due to the familiarity with the tasks, partly due to the familarity of the locales, and partly due to the fact that audiences are getting more and more disillusioned with the contrived nature of the so-called "race".  Too many times the race is brought to a screaming halt so that everyone can once again be on a even playing field.  That's what happened to your girls, Michael.  They had a great lead over the field in Poland, (or wherever) but it was wiped out the very next leg.  That's causing a lot of people to lose interest.

Sorry to see it happen.  But if TPTB do not shape up quickly, TAR will hit the road as will Survivor, Deal or No Deal, Dancing with the Stars, 1 vs 100, just as Who Wants to be a Millionaire did before them.  The only show that seems to build year after year is American Idol, and that, too, will fade away in time.

But enough said, I know I sound like a pessimist, but I've worked and lived through almost 60 years of television history since 1948 and trends start, swell, and then like old generals, just fade away.

So no more worries about TAR or anything else on televison (and that includes BB, Puddin) as I leave tomorrow for a month's trip through Eastern Europe.  But mind you, I will have my camera at the ready just in case I run into a yellow and red bannaer somewhere.  

Ciao, everyone.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 17, 2007, 09:02:13 PM »
Have a great time gman! Keep that camera at the ready!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #282 on: May 17, 2007, 09:03:30 PM »
G-Man--what is happening at the Atlanta airport on May 19?

Are you passing through? What time? Because we could use some more RFF pics around here and my battery is charged!

But have a wonderful trip, be safe, and keep an eye out for racers!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #283 on: May 17, 2007, 09:08:53 PM »
I'll be in the Atlanta Airport waiting for my 7:10PM Delta Flight No. 62 to Prague on May 19.  That's the important event!!!!! :happy:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #284 on: May 17, 2007, 09:14:50 PM »

Logic tells me that asamber1 is right on the money! I predict that TAR will film in September/October and be edited from then until the beginning of February. It will be introduced as part of February "Sweeps" month(the others are May and November). To film this summer would be foolish as it would allow too much time for the racers to make giveaway statements various places on the Internet.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 03:21:51 PM by apskip »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #285 on: May 17, 2007, 09:16:12 PM »

Logic tells me that asamber1 is right on the money! I predict that TAR will film in September/October and be edited from then until the beginning of February. It will be introduced as part of February "Sweeps" month(the other is May). To film this summer would be foolish as it would allow too much time for the racers to make giveaway statements various places on the Internet.

yes but apskip, everything we've heard from Phil so far would seem to indicate a filming date sooner then september...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #286 on: May 17, 2007, 09:20:12 PM »
G-man if I weren't stuck at work till 8 I would so be there to buy you a goodbye drink! Darn!

Well, I trust Phil.

OTOH, a later film date would let BVM and Elise finish up the Oprah thing and Phil to finish up his N.O.W. thing.

Wonder if some of the delay in scheduling TAR could relate to those scheduling conflicts?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 17, 2007, 09:22:32 PM »
peach, phil isn't the host of the canadian NOW though so he wouldn't really have anything preventing him from filming

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #288 on: May 17, 2007, 09:24:08 PM »
What do you want to bet he's still involved though? This is his baby...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 17, 2007, 09:30:49 PM »
What do you want to bet he's still involved though? This is his baby...

That's true! I didn't think of that :(

Oh well - I'm still thinking it will film this summer  :wohoo:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #290 on: May 17, 2007, 09:57:05 PM »

Logic tells me that asamber1 is right on the money! I predict that TAR will film in September/October and be edited from then until the beginning of February. It will be introduced as part of February "Sweeps" month(the other is May). To film this summer would be foolish as it would allow too much time for the racers to make giveaway statements various places on the Internet.

tar5 was filmed at the end of january into the end of febuary and aired in july so they could film it in june or whenever the time doesnt mean anything

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #291 on: May 17, 2007, 10:14:05 PM »
Take care Gman  :kuss:, wishing you a safe and most of all fun trip :elvis:.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 18, 2007, 06:24:28 PM »
Interesting article:
http://www.slate.com/id/2166474/

seems the show that currently holds TAR's old time slot is already dead (maybe not ACTUALLY, but will be soon?)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 18, 2007, 06:57:46 PM »
For Canadian viewers: Phil will be on Star Daily on Monday - he was talking about filming on a nudist resort for three days

Offline KingCrimson88

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #294 on: May 18, 2007, 10:16:44 PM »
So when do you think they'll start filming? June?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 18, 2007, 10:18:55 PM »
I'd say anytime between next week - middle of July for starting.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #296 on: May 19, 2007, 06:13:41 PM »
Oh I don't care Chateau, season 11 is over so this whole TAR11 header is now a free for all, you all can talk about whatever and start new topics if you want.

Makes a mental note to ask Rob to start a header for TAR12 and to not archive the TAR11 thread  :yess:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 20, 2007, 04:40:13 PM »
I found this

http://beta.studiosystem.com/

it says recently updated? to bad I can't register :(

something else: (i think puddin might have posted this already!)
http://realitystaff.com/home/index.php?section=SEARCH&result=Resume&contact_id=12924
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 04:57:14 PM by Michael D »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #298 on: May 20, 2007, 07:04:23 PM »
So it is 8 o'clock on Sunday night--and I just wanted to say that I miss you all! :ghug:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #299 on: May 20, 2007, 10:09:07 PM »
Hugs back peach  :hugs: