Author Topic: The Future of The Amazing Race & TAR 12  (Read 172206 times)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Re: The Future of The Amazing Race & TAR 12
« Reply #225 on: May 16, 2007, 09:48:10 AM »
well this sucks :(  :knuckles: :meow:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #226 on: May 16, 2007, 10:03:35 AM »
Well all I can say is the more they make us wait the more we will want and the longer they make us wait all the more to spoil   :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #227 on: May 16, 2007, 10:05:01 AM »
A blog entry about the upfronts.
The Amazing Race is officially off the fall schedule, as it will be held over until the new year and only air a single season this year. This is unsurprising, but troubling; I worry that if ratings are low for this one season they’ll pull the plug. I think that the show has plenty of gas left, but a lot of miles on the car. They can keep driving, they just need to slow down a little and everything will be okay. It’s like Speed. (Note: Everything can be like Speed. True Story). It will be indirectly replaced by a new reality show, Kid Nation, a new Lord of the Flies-esque story of kids taking over a ghost town revealed today (Variety). It will be airing on Wednesdays at 8pm
I'm not sure what "indirectly replaced" means.

Well--it has our spot.

Here is the Variety article on Kid's Nation
Sounds to me that they are investing a lot of hope in this so doubt this will be something that gets pulled mid-season.

But hey team--WE STILL HAVE OUR SHOW! But omg--8 months? Some of us could produce an early baby in 8 months! That is a reaaallly long time to wait. I like kogs' idea about Nov better.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #228 on: May 16, 2007, 10:07:29 AM »
well this sucks :(  :knuckles: :meow:

michael relax theres alot that can happen between now and febuary. lets just see how septemeber plays out before going crazy cause remeber alot of the time  these new shows dont last, especally if this kids show doesnt go over well and cbs was all giddy about about it, tar will come earlier despite what some people are saying. we should know more during the 3 oclock hour  when cbs talks about there shows and tvguide blogs from it

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #229 on: May 16, 2007, 10:08:50 AM »
A blog entry about the upfronts.
The Amazing Race is officially off the fall schedule, as it will be held over until the new year and only air a single season this year. This is unsurprising, but troubling; I worry that if ratings are low for this one season they’ll pull the plug. I think that the show has plenty of gas left, but a lot of miles on the car. They can keep driving, they just need to slow down a little and everything will be okay. It’s like Speed. (Note: Everything can be like Speed. True Story). It will be indirectly replaced by a new reality show, Kid Nation, a new Lord of the Flies-esque story of kids taking over a ghost town revealed today (Variety). It will be airing on Wednesdays at 8pm
I'm not sure what "indirectly replaced" means.

Well--it has our spot.

Here is the Variety article on Kid's Nation
Sounds to me that they are investing a lot of hope in this so doubt this will be something that gets pulled mid-season.

But hey team--WE STILL HAVE OUR SHOW! But omg--8 months? Some of us could produce an early baby in 8 months! That is a reaaallly long time to wait. I like kogs' idea about Nov better.

people said the same thing about smith last year, and look what happened. it got pulled cause the ratings where horrible after 4-5 shows

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 16, 2007, 10:10:06 AM »
yeah I'm looking forward to it!

I'll keep hoping for an earlier cycle....

I kind of wish we would get one cycle in september - feb, and another in June-August (a summer season would be so awesome!)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #231 on: May 16, 2007, 10:11:00 AM »
Does this mean we won't have to do our Christmas shopping on line? Like--- maybe ---actually--- physically-- go to a store, mall--whatever  :o *be ascared be very scared*

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #232 on: May 16, 2007, 10:12:06 AM »
yeah I'm looking forward to it!

I'll keep hoping for an earlier cycle....

I kind of wish we would get one cycle in september - feb, and another in June-August (a summer season would be so awesome!)

one thing is i think if its being held on the bench waiting for the first burn it has to say that they feel good about it despite the order for 1 cycle

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #233 on: May 16, 2007, 10:20:28 AM »
Midseason replacement - 
A midseason replacement is a television show that premieres in the second half of a television season usually between January and April.
Midseason replacements usually take place after a show that was in the fall schedule was canceled or put on hiatus.
Some midseason replacements get canceled like the shows they replaced, but others have gone on to be very successful.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midseason_replacement 

Offline strategery

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Not So Newbie
  • A day late and . . .
« Reply #234 on: May 16, 2007, 10:51:51 AM »
From the CBS press release:

"VIVA LAUGHLIN," Where Drama is Accented by Iconic Music

THAT'S the selling point? Iconic music? Dead by Halloween.

THE BIG BANG THEORY is a comedy . . . Neither fully understands that scientific principles don't always apply in matters of the heart — until they meet their sexy new neighbor Penny (Kaley Cuoco, "8 Simple Rules…"), a friendly screenwriter/waitress from the midwest who also happens to be newly single. 

"Big Bang"? Really? What, they eventually hook up for . . . an orgy? After buying the requisite [Seinfeld voice] robes, oils, and lotions?

Yeah, I'm not worried about a slot opening up for TAR. And I would actually prefer one well-designed and well-cast race to two crappy ones. Then again, two crappy ones is better than one crappy one. CBS is probably waiting to see if TAR wins another emmy.

Offline charlierose

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #235 on: May 16, 2007, 11:00:44 AM »
Like someone said before this sucks. :'( :'( :'(

Can we do anything about it?? Or are we on the hands of CBS?? It is not fair, for such a good and entertaing show being put on hold for so long.

Will have to wait (and pray) and see if they come to their senses.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #236 on: May 16, 2007, 11:12:56 AM »
Nobody wanted to believe me when I said not before February at the earliest.

Mid-season replacement is a kiss of death.

So unless the ratings do a magnum leap, this will be the end of TAR.  Even "Deal or No Deal" greatly surpases TAR in the ratings (which all goes to show the mindset of most of the TV audience today)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 16, 2007, 12:00:57 PM »
I don't think this means the end GMAN, have some faith!

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #238 on: May 16, 2007, 12:16:21 PM »
i think they should take this into casting affet. no more erikia landin favorites. its time to bring back whats made tar not the crap shes been putting on our tv's. i blame her for this. FIRE HER CBBBBBBBBS

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #239 on: May 16, 2007, 12:21:54 PM »
I think that this puts a lot of weight on the next season to be strong. If like kogs says, the casting is good and the locations are well chosen, then I expect that all will be well. But if they do something utterly stupid like a celebrity edition, then I can hear the death knells now.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #240 on: May 16, 2007, 12:30:33 PM »
 :lol: :lol:

the show that holds TARs old time is a MUSICAL DRAMA?! wtf...

we may get TAR sundays back afterall!

Offline Kilarney

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #241 on: May 16, 2007, 01:51:03 PM »
Remember folks, the Amazing Race has been on life support before and has come back strong.

I'm actually not that disappointed.  As much as I love both shows, I feel that The Amazing Race and Survivor should have just one season per year.  Too many seasons dilutes the experience.

CBS is strongly committed to reality shows, and they've got a good team working on new shows.  They have big hopes for Pirate Master and Kid Nation.  Delaying TAR gives these shows a little breathing room, especially since Survivor will be airing while Kid Nation is.

So my hope is that they have four real good reality shows, with each show airing once per year.  Survivor, The Amazing Race and two other shows.  I don't have high hopes for Kid Nation or Pirate Master, but we shall see.

They key to reality television is that you have to sympathize with the cast members.  Too many gimmicks kills the show.  That's why I'm not terribly hopeful for Pirate Master.  (Remember Treasure Hunters?)  Kid Nation has a better chance in this regard.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 01:56:10 PM by Kilarney »

Offline yikes

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #242 on: May 16, 2007, 01:57:18 PM »

CBS is strongly committed to reality shows, and they've got a good team working on new shows.  They have big hopes for Pirate Master and Kid Nation.  Delaying TAR gives these shows a little breathing room, especially since Survivor will be airing while Kid Nation is.

Kid Nation is airing on Wednesdays.  Survivor is still on Thursdays.

Offline Kilarney

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #243 on: May 16, 2007, 02:01:20 PM »
I didn't mean that they would be airing at the exact same time.  I just meant that the CBS fall schedule had them both.

Offline yikes

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #244 on: May 16, 2007, 02:07:51 PM »
Ah, my bad....I misread that.  :groan:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 16, 2007, 03:22:43 PM »
For anybody who wants to follow the CBS upfront coverage, Michael Ausiello is doing a live-blog:

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Live-Cbs-Upfront/800015274

I wonder what Boo has to say about TAR12 being delayed:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 03:31:42 PM by Michael D »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #246 on: May 16, 2007, 03:41:01 PM »
That is great Michael  :lol:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 16, 2007, 03:43:41 PM »
 :happy: :rotf:

that 30 second clip of boo made me wish he won :(

anyways - regardless of WHEN, at least we know TAR12 is officially on....I just realized this now! YAY!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 03:48:47 PM by Michael D »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #248 on: May 16, 2007, 03:48:57 PM »
Nice job Michael! He is sooooooooooo  serious!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 16, 2007, 03:51:25 PM »
ahh! don't give me credit guys, someone at sucks posted it and I just uploaded it to my photobucket - I just thought it was hilarious!  but yeah....boo = awesome!