Author Topic: The Future of The Amazing Race & TAR 12  (Read 171501 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Future of The Amazing Race & TAR 12
« Reply #150 on: May 14, 2007, 09:39:27 PM »
OH and here's this mention of AR on Forbes concerning the revenue the shows generate due to advertsising.

Amazing Race 10
CBS
Revenue per episode: $3.02 million
Average cost of a 30-sec ad: $144,000
Viewers: 11.5 million
This reality stalwart generates little buzz, but it's been a consistent moneymaker for CBS.

It ranked around 25th.  THough those figures are estimates and can vary if a show doesn't meet the goal set out by the studio.  And can force the studio to grant free airtime to make up that difference.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #151 on: May 14, 2007, 09:43:12 PM »
Yeah, Frankly I have mentioned in the non spoiler thread, that TAR may not be a Fall starter, but that its Demo numbers (the 2cd best of CBS Sunday Night), should have the show on its schedule.

Now there has been talk (over the ast two years) about downgrading the series to one cycle a year (ideally switched out with Survivor) as a means to ensure that he show doesn't burn out.

And without a writers strike possability I wouldn't be surprised at all if that happened this year.

But the last major strike I remember was in 1989, that severly hampered the season.  And all the networks did over time in getting some extra forms of non scripted shows out there (at that time it meant a lot of news shows and game shows).  There was also another one in a more recent time (that didn't hit the industry as hard, but they still made sure to greenlight more non scripted hours (and this time it did heavily include reality programming.

So I would expect them to greenlight the series, and give it a tentative spot (and I could easily see it being November-February).  But that tentative spot could easily be switched up if a strike does happen or if shows tank.

If that occurs then I would expect a rushed 2cd cycle in this same season.

And damn its good to be back.

negotiations begin in july with contract expiring on oct31 with the wga. i expect tar12 to be in the can while waiting on a bad pilot to flop in ratings. personally id put money on moonlighting or whatever its called with a tar premair in november. if the strike goes into january i expect tar13 to be shot in january to have it on hold in case they need more programming. worse come to worse we have a summer edition of tar.

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #152 on: May 14, 2007, 09:48:55 PM »
And damn its good to be back.

You've been gone? I for one am happiest to see you back mswood. Was there ever any doubt that we would finally win a damn leg? We took a lot of abuse didn't we? But in the end when all was said and done:

THANK YOU so much for your unwavering support of my son and Dani Girl mswood.  :wine:

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #153 on: May 14, 2007, 10:25:25 PM »
No problem Big Papi, been a fan since the first lines in Tar 9.  Still have enough friends who talk like Eric to understand him without getting upset.  And Danielle did a little better than I actually thought she would.

Still missed Jeremy, though.

Hope you had a great time this last week.  I made sure to go over to TWOP a couple of times just to gloat.........

Offline Big Papi

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #154 on: May 14, 2007, 10:34:02 PM »
No problem Big Papi, been a fan since the first lines in Tar 9.  Still have enough friends who talk like Eric to understand him without getting upset.  And Danielle did a little better than I actually thought she would.

Hope you had a great time this last week.  I made sure to go over to TWOP a couple of times just to gloat.........

I know mswood, saw you at sucks during 9 and a bit this time around too. Do you "contribute" at twop? I'd gloat there as well but I chose not to toe the line so...Had a great time in my home town but just one sad note, did not get to go to Yankee Stadium but we will be back in the Fall and take in a couple of games, hopefully vs some West Coast team  ;) , before they tear the old house down...

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #155 on: May 14, 2007, 10:51:25 PM »

I know mswood, saw you at sucks during 9 and a bit this time around too. Do you "contribute" at twop? I'd gloat there as well but I chose not to toe the line so...Had a great time in my home town but just one sad note, did not get to go to Yankee Stadium but we will be back in the Fall and take in a couple of games, hopefully vs some West Coast team  ;) , before they tear the old house down...

i hate the yankmees but nothing beats baseball in september in ny

Offline Big Papi

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #156 on: May 14, 2007, 10:57:36 PM »
the yankmees  :lol3: :lol3:  Hey Kogs, puddin is messin' with my PM's.  I sent you one about DA BULLS for tomorrow and somehow she's got it  :groan:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #157 on: May 14, 2007, 11:05:27 PM »
Yes, yes you did Papi  :lol: I'll take the blame, poor Kogs, I think you prepostioned him  :lol3: :lol3: :rotf:

Offline Big Papi

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #158 on: May 14, 2007, 11:15:48 PM »
Yes, yes you did Papi  :lol: I'll take the blame, poor Kogs, I think you prepostioned him  :lol3: :lol3: :rotf:

You think he's gonna ask me to hurry back to NY  ???

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #159 on: May 14, 2007, 11:23:25 PM »

:lol3: you two owe me a new keyboard  :rotf:

Offline Big Papi

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #160 on: May 14, 2007, 11:38:20 PM »

Did you see what he called MY Yankees? yankmees 

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #161 on: May 14, 2007, 11:49:16 PM »

come up i-80 and get it, or ill prob bring it to you if i go with my dad next week is that good enough????  :lol3: :rotf: :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #162 on: May 14, 2007, 11:49:58 PM »
 :lol: Yes, yes I did. I miss the Ole Yankmess, Bucky Dent will always be my first crush :luvu:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #163 on: May 14, 2007, 11:55:06 PM »
:lol: Yes, yes I did. I miss the Ole Yankmess, Bucky Dent will always be my first crush :luvu:

Bucky "F" Dent to redsox fans  :lol: :lol:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #164 on: May 15, 2007, 08:54:31 AM »
from media life

Sunday could be the only day without any adjustments, as it was the only night where CBS gained this season. The lineup includes “60 Minutes,” “The Amazing Race,” “Cold Case” and “Without a Trace.”

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/artman/publish/article_12082.asp

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #165 on: May 15, 2007, 09:14:58 AM »

I have something that's been nagging me since Tarcon.

I KNOW I read a message from someone that went to Tarcon.  I'm thinking the message was just 1 line but I don't remember how it was worded.  Since seeing the message I haven't been able to find it again.  I've even tried to search with no luck.

I'm pretty sure it had to do with TAR12.  The message was something about Atlanta airport in (I think) July.  I have a very, very small thinking that it may have been August but I don't think so.

If someone did post this and deleted for some reason or the Admin deleted for whatever reason could I be PM'd just so I know I'm not loosing my mind.

I either read it just before going to work (night shift) or just after getting off work.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 15, 2007, 09:18:07 AM »
from media life

Sunday could be the only day without any adjustments, as it was the only night where CBS gained this season. The lineup includes “60 Minutes,” “The Amazing Race,” “Cold Case” and “Without a Trace.”

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/artman/publish/article_12082.asp

Yay :D

I'm excited for tomorrow!

makz3d, I think somebody mentioned "Keep an eye on atlanta airport on May 19th" or something along the lines of that date, but I'm not 100% sure, and I don't think it ended up being anythign.

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #167 on: May 15, 2007, 09:29:41 AM »

makz3d, I think somebody mentioned "Keep an eye on atlanta airport on May 19th" or something along the lines of that date, but I'm not 100% sure, and I don't think it ended up being anythign.

Michael that "Keep an eye on" really rings a bell.  I'm still thinking it was a July date (summer) and I remember my thought was the beginning of Tar12 and that my aunt, uncle and 6 married cousins live in and around Atlanta.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 15, 2007, 09:32:08 AM »
I think you are mixing two posts up, Rob said that he was hearing rumours about the middle of July, but later on posted that it wasn't confirmed at all, so not to take it as concrete...somebody else mentioned the keep an eye on... thingy!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #169 on: May 15, 2007, 09:33:24 AM »
No it was G-man and here is the link

G-man

I thought it was the start of his own trip abroad? But let me know if we think otherwise....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #170 on: May 15, 2007, 09:45:29 AM »
No it was G-man and here is the link

G-man

I thought it was the start of his own trip abroad? But let me know if we think otherwise....

G-man,

Thank you so much for the link.  That's the message I was trying to find.  Why I was thinking July I don't know.  I know now I was wrong.  Also, the Search (regular & advanced) doesn't seem to work right.  I've searched: airport, Atlanta, Atlanta airport, Keep an eye on, etc and didn't find the message.

You guys (& galls) are all great.  For some reason that message stuck with me and then when I couldn't find it to reread it I got frustrated.

This is my 1st season for TAR spoilers and I'm soooooooooooo glad I found you guys.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #171 on: May 15, 2007, 10:04:43 AM »
Well :lol: G-man wrote it but I linked it. And I found it using search Atlanta airport right away?

We're glad you are here too.

If anyone is bored puddin wants help searching for the Survivor China location over here
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #172 on: May 15, 2007, 01:25:03 PM »
ok i think ive figured this out. cbs order 4 new drama's. right now we need the unit to be cancelled and we are good for tar12 in september since jericho was cancelled according to tvguide.
the open slots would then be tuesday at 9,wed at 8,thursday at 10, friday at 9 i think this would leave tar its spot on the schedule. shark is moving to tuesdays at 10

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #173 on: May 15, 2007, 01:49:15 PM »
Cant wait for the upfronts tomorrow, CBS looks so ready  :yess:

Lloyd Quinto

Editor (Casting Department)      Survivor 15, Amazing Race 12, Pirates 1      CBS      12/06-05/07 

(this one I posted somewhere a few weeks ago)

JUREE RAMBO

Other (Travel Supervisor)      The Amazing Race 12      CBS      03/07-09/07 

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #174 on: May 15, 2007, 01:52:51 PM »
Cant wait for the upfronts tomorrow, CBS looks so ready  :yess:

Lloyd Quinto

Editor (Casting Department)      Survivor 15, Amazing Race 12, Pirates 1      CBS      12/06-05/07 

(this one I posted somewhere a few weeks ago)

JUREE RAMBO

Other (Travel Supervisor)      The Amazing Race 12      CBS      03/07-09/07 

nice to see, now only if we get the unit cancelled i will be very happy  :lol: