Author Topic: The Future of The Amazing Race & TAR 12  (Read 171264 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: The Future of The Amazing Race & TAR 12
« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2007, 02:13:56 PM »
Oh maybe you are reading too much into it Michael. There are also rumors that Survivor might move from Thursday nights so we'll see in a few days.

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2007, 02:25:29 PM »
You looked so lonely here all by yourself... :hugs:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2007, 02:30:55 PM »
 :waves:  :hugs: :kuss:

Offline Big Papi

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2007, 02:33:29 PM »
 :waves: :hugs: :kuss:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2007, 02:36:38 PM »
 :lol:
Looking forward to Darlington tonight Papi and then Survivor tomorrow night ...  :waves:

Offline Big Papi

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #105 on: May 12, 2007, 02:39:00 PM »
:lol:
Looking forward to Darlington tonight Papi and then Survivor tomorrow night ...  :waves:

:lol: I know, and Gordon and Stewart are starting where  ???

I'd better go get back on the tractor and finish cutting the grass puddin..hope I don't get a speeding ticket   :groan: BBL..
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 02:45:56 PM by Big Papi »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: May 12, 2007, 03:03:44 PM »
BIG PAPI, I note that your tag line says "Latitude erupted in CHEERS when ERIC and DANI Girl won". I know you showed up later at Stitch, but the instantaneous reaction to the win at TARCON XI was not exactly positive. Most people including me were wearing Dustin and Kandice buttons and most people not including me erupted into a load groan when Eric and Danielle crossed the finish line.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 12, 2007, 03:07:42 PM »
puddin i hope you are right and I am just being paranoid !!

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 12, 2007, 04:03:16 PM »
Some more stuff :(

And, these last two are shows that are unlikely to be cancelled, but their ratings declines need to be considered. Survivor and The Amazing Race each represent a legacy of reality television which is now over seven years old, and each show also represents a legacy which is slowly deteriorating. Both shows continue to be successful in key demos and total viewers, and both will be on the schedule next year, but there is a rumour that each might be seeing themselves pared back. The Amazing Race may be taking a break until February, and there are rumours it could end up in Survivor’s timeslot as it also starts to become a once-a-year phenomenon. Either way, both shows no longer feel like “event programming”, which is what made reality TV the success it is. CBS now needs to decide whether or not they can regain that with a scheduling shift.

source:
http://memles.wordpress.com/2007/05/12/network-upfronts-extravaganza-cbs-preview/

I don't want to wait until Feb. I hope this isn't true.

I know these are all just rumors, and we will have to wait until next week to find out, but I will continue praying.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 04:06:58 PM by Michael D »

Offline $HOP@HOL!C

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #109 on: May 12, 2007, 04:36:55 PM »
OMG!!!!! I really hope this isn't true!!!!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #110 on: May 12, 2007, 04:52:29 PM »
And, these last two are shows that are unlikely to be cancelled, but their ratings declines need to be considered. Survivor and The Amazing Race each represent a legacy of reality television which is now over seven years old, and each show also represents a legacy which is slowly deteriorating. Both shows continue to be successful in key demos and total viewers, and both will be on the schedule next year, but there is a rumour that each might be seeing themselves pared back. The Amazing Race may be taking a break until February, and there are rumours it could end up in Survivor’s time slot as it also starts to become a once-a-year phenomenon. Either way, both shows no longer feel like “event programming”, which is what made reality TV the success it is. CBS now needs to decide whether or not they can regain that with a scheduling shift.

This fits in very well with the sense of the show's future that I got from totally unofficially talking with the racers last weekend.

Everyone thought there would be another season.

One racer said she had been asked for a casting recommendation, which she didn't believe would have happened without a commitment to another show.

But everyone did seem to think that we would see a delay in the next show--maybe airing late fall? Or even filming late fall? Which seemed to go agaiinst Phil's comment of being "MEANT" to film this summer.

And I heard from several racers that going down to a once a year event would not be a surprise.

I did not hear anything about celebrities at all. And why would you want a casting rec if you had celebrity teams lined up?

Do I have my head in the sand? Or could this be a smokescreen?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 12, 2007, 05:17:24 PM »
Well, a lot of people might think this just because of the ratings, but I can see CBS still staying with twice a year format.  Everything we've heard from Phil so far makes it seem as though the filming is about to begin, so I think we should all wait until next week before we start to give up hope :(

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #112 on: May 12, 2007, 06:51:30 PM »
I dont know why they would ever wait until Feb?  Now that does say it will take Survivor's time slot [again thats not good].  But it go great success Sundays after football!  I mean if your going to do it once a year keep it where it is good!  However i will admit i loved it when it was on during the summer!  Once a year shows should be only in the Summer!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #113 on: May 12, 2007, 07:31:17 PM »
BIG PAPI, I note that your tag line says "Latitude erupted in CHEERS when ERIC and DANI Girl won". I know you showed up later at Stitch, but the instantaneous reaction to the win at TARCON XI was not exactly positive. Most people including me were wearing Dustin and Kandice buttons and most people not including me erupted into a load groan when Eric and Danielle crossed the finish line.

So it has been mentioned over and over, most notably by the BQ fans  :badhorse:. What is the point of rehashing this? To make Big Papi and his family as well as Danielle's family feel that their loved ones were not deserving of the million dollar prize? If this hurts me I can only imagine how Big Papi must feel.
So would one of you please explain to me exactly what the point is because really, to me, it sounds like bitter grapes. Does it makes the BQ fans feel better to berate Eric & Danielle??.. then with that I echo Eric “For the People That Don't Like Us, I'm Glad We Ruined Your Season” !!

edited to correct my bad grammar because I just know someone is going to point it out  (:;)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 12, 2007, 07:34:55 PM »
Doe's it makes the BQ fans feel better to berate Eric & Danielle??

Being the biggest BQ fan I can safely say NO, not for me anyways. E/D won fair and square and over came so many things and I think it's stupid to "boo" a team when they aren't around, yet by the looks of it the second they showed up it was all smiles and autographs. Of course I can't speak for all of us. 

When I posted that video of the reaction at TARcon I honestly didn't mean to send off the message that I realized afterwards that it looked like I was trying to do! I was just saying how immature it was for the people to boo, and it annoys me that it seemed like afterwards everybody wanted their photo taken with the winning team.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 07:38:03 PM by Michael D »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #115 on: May 12, 2007, 07:53:10 PM »
Papi has been nothing but respectful and gracious to us and I would expect the members to do the same ..........
Papi ROCKS  :jam:

In other RACE news the darn Darlington race has been postponed untill 1:00 pm tomorrow  :groan: (:;)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 12, 2007, 07:55:16 PM »
LOL, all I can say is if I was Eric's dad I would be hunting some people down right now.

Big Papi = awesome.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2007, 08:16:35 PM »
OK - here comes mr. can't make up my mind again, but even though we basically know 100% that there is a TAR12, a person on my facebook group commented about his meeting with phil.

BUT INSTEAD, I was sooooo nervous I stood there in front of him like an idiot and asked him THIS:

So will we be expecting season 12 since you are doing your own show?

He repllied to me saying of course since he's been doing No Opportunities Wasted since 2004.

:)

and I don't care about rumors. I will make my own rumor: LOOK FORWARD TO TAR12 THIS SEPTEMBER 23RD OF 30TH!

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: May 12, 2007, 08:26:25 PM »
OK - here comes mr. can't make up my mind again, but even though we basically know 100% that there is a TAR12, a person on my facebook group commented about his meeting with phil.

BUT INSTEAD, I was sooooo nervous I stood there in front of him like an idiot and asked him THIS:

So will we be expecting season 12 since you are doing your own show?

He repllied to me saying of course since he's been doing No Opportunities Wasted since 2004.

:)

and I don't care about rumors. I will make my own rumor: LOOK FORWARD TO TAR12 THIS SEPTEMBER 23RD OF 30TH!

ive been saying this for a couple weeks now here and i still feel the same way tar12 will come on when one of the pilots flop. there shows that always flop, so i aint worried. so im thinking november because one of these pilots will have a short leash when ratings stink. look what happended to clubhouse when ratings floped back in 04. TAR WAS there ready for a premiere in november sweeps. i think febuary is a bad time for tv because come april and may ratings decline on all shows. tv watching is down as a whole. so i certainly aint worried about when we will get it. we may even get better legs if we get a november-febuary race if its only1 time a year now, and remeber they greenlite tar7 on the fly iirc, i think puddin can refresh my memory on that. so lets not worry about when it will be on and if we have to wait abit to make the quality better, they ill wait!!!!!

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 12, 2007, 08:32:12 PM »
Yes but the only thing that worries me is that the rumours are basically staying that whatever they have planned for TAR12 sucks, so combine that with the possibility of waiting and I get sad :(

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: May 12, 2007, 09:16:53 PM »
Yes but the only thing that worries me is that the rumours are basically staying that whatever they have planned for TAR12 sucks, so combine that with the possibility of waiting and I get sad :(

michael im looking at all these rumors right now as smoke screans. does cbs want the show spoiled more than it has been????? none of this make scense, if tar is delayed i take it because cbs wants to build up hype. they screwed up tar10 hype, i just think there is more to this than any1 is letting on. be paitent GOOD this will come out of this. and truth of the matter id rather have tar out of the baseball playoffs slote in october and also going up vs football. it held its own once but who saids it can hold it again. maybe moving it back to tuesday nights perhaps see'ing how thats where it got its best raitings so instead there waiting on the pilots to flop???

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #121 on: May 12, 2007, 09:30:11 PM »
I think kogs is on to something. Most of the racers I asked about another season kept saying, there will be one--it just might be later and/or not as often.

And didn't we really hear "familiar faces" not "celebrity edition"? ( :lol: It is so hard to track down the start of rumours!)

Some familiar faces I could get behind: Racers out 4th (yay Bowling Moms!), or racers out first even. We've had Survivor and even BB rcers on before and survived.

It just saddens me because I think what we need most right now is an excellent cast of ordinary teams (no gimicks/mactors/celebs) and fabulous tasks and locations to get TAR back on track again. Throw in a few more non-spoon fed challenges ("Get yourself to the Thundering Water") and we'd have another winner.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 12, 2007, 09:33:26 PM »
It just saddens me because I think what we need most right now is an excellent cast of ordinary teams (no gimicks/mactors/celebs) and fabulous tasks and locations to get TAR back on track again. Throw in a few more non-spoon fed challenges ("Get yourself to the Thundering Water") and we'd have another winner.

I know! I remember making a post on sucks back in Feb that I really miss the "new team feeling" and I hate to say it but I really didn't like the TAR11 course. My all time favorite course would have to be TAR1, TAR6, TAR9, and TAR10.

I'm really hoping for a September/October/November start. Maybe it will be like TAR6, where it starts in November - and TAR13 (if there is one) starts in March.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #123 on: May 12, 2007, 09:38:20 PM »
Well--a few days ago we were all depressed because we didn't even know IF there would be another season!

So let's not get too carried away till we hear what they say on Wed.

Otherwise we have a looong time to speculate! And I don't think I can survive 5-6 months of what ifs :lol:!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: May 12, 2007, 09:42:38 PM »

I know! I remember making a post on sucks back in Feb that I really miss the "new team feeling" and I hate to say it but I really didn't like the TAR11 course. My all time favorite course would have to be TAR1, TAR6, TAR9, and TAR10.

I'm really hoping for a September/October/November start. Maybe it will be like TAR6, where it starts in November - and TAR13 (if there is one) starts in March.

im willing to take it to the bank we will see tar before febuary