Author Topic: News from TARcon11  (Read 109016 times)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Re: News from TARcon11
« Reply #250 on: May 18, 2007, 09:37:50 PM »
My new favorite TARcon picture:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #251 on: May 18, 2007, 10:20:00 PM »
:grins:

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #252 on: May 19, 2007, 11:05:56 AM »
My new favorite TARcon picture:

Here are two more. But these were not taken at tarcon, these were taken at Latitude as were some from that album. You may use these Michael as these are our pics.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 19, 2007, 11:10:17 AM »
haha, thanks big papi - those pictures are awesome

Offline Big Papi

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #254 on: May 19, 2007, 11:21:19 AM »
haha, thanks big papi - those pictures are awesome

You're gonna be jealous but just imagine that the hugs I got from D/K when I walked up to them and they saw the Pirates jersey were meant for you  :angel: . They cracked up and then I told them I was Eric's dad and I got an even bigger hug from them. When they pulled out the patches we asked them to pose with Eric for pics and after a couple of pics were taken I handed PUDDIN'S Pirate Jersey to Eric and we shot the other pics. 

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #255 on: May 19, 2007, 11:33:37 AM »
haha - Eric going out of his way to make it clear that he was joking about the pirate hooker thing makes Mirna's attempt to make it serious even more hilarious. I'm glad the teams get along after the race is over :D

Offline Big Papi

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #256 on: May 19, 2007, 11:59:23 AM »
haha - Eric going out of his way to make it clear that he was joking about the pirate hooker thing makes Mirna's attempt to make it serious even more hilarious. I'm glad the teams get along after the race is over :D

He's not "going out of his way" per se. Eric made it quite clear from the very beginning that the comment was taken from a movie and it was not to be taken as derogatory towards the BQ's. He also used movie "quotes" in TAR9. But you know quite well that some people lack any sense of humor and will run with their interpretation and the truth be damned. I don't know what you are referring to as far as Mirna is concerned though. Eric will be here on Wednesday and MAYBE I can get him to come here and answer a few questions. Let me give you an example of how these interviews sometimes work. Oswald and Danny, in one of their interviews claimed that Eric "was a homophobe and that he 'made his living' off the Gay community working in Gay bars." The truth: Eric has had and still has Gay FRIENDS and has worked for the very same RESTAURANT since he arrived in Florida some 7 years ago. I would imagine that he does make some of his money from Gay clientele but not in the manner that D/O appear to have claimed. I do not blame him one iota for the way he feels about D/O...   

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 19, 2007, 12:02:11 PM »
I do not blame him one iota for the way he feels about D/O...

neither do I. D/O post-show interviews made them seem very bitter towards everything, and they just felt like going out of their way to call Eric gay which was retarded

Offline Big Papi

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #258 on: May 19, 2007, 12:17:55 PM »

neither do I. D/O post-show interviews made them seem very bitter towards everything, and they just felt like going out of their way to call Eric gay which was retarded

:lol3: Somehow I don't blame them for being bitter. They got their asses kicked after using the BQ's as scapegoats for their, Danny and Oswald's, use of the Yield. Not everybody fell for their drama. Some of us were born at night but not last night though their theatrics convinced some that they did "not really" want to Yield Eric and Danielle. Total BS. Of course they did.   

And I can assure you that Eric is not Gay. However, were he Gay it would not be a problem with us and we would all love him just as much as we now do.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #259 on: May 20, 2007, 11:27:55 PM »
BigPapi--thanks so much for sharing those pictures! I had heard about them but didn't think I would get to see them myself. But aren't they great? And I think that says a lot about the sense of humor of all three of them! I love those pictures!

And puddin got a PIRATES shirt? What a great idea! Okay puddin--we need pictures! With or without the eye patch!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Big Papi

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #260 on: May 21, 2007, 05:47:00 AM »
BigPapi--thanks so much for sharing those pictures! I had heard about them but didn't think I would get to see them myself. But aren't they great? And I think that says a lot about the sense of humor of all three of them! I love those pictures!

And puddin got a PIRATES shirt? What a great idea! Okay puddin--we need pictures! With or without the eye patch!

You're welcome peach. Here's puddin's Pirates Jersey. It's the same one Eric and I wore at Latitude. It now has just a few (5 I believe) autographs. I really wanted to get a Boston Red Sox cap along with the jersey autographed by ROMBER for puddin but sadly Rob and Amber were not at Latitude. I'm sure we will catch up with ROMBER in the near future and maybe we can make the baseball cap happen. 

Offline TPorter2

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #261 on: May 21, 2007, 06:30:26 AM »
Those are great pics, Big Papi!  The Pirates shirt is so cool.  And you and your lovely wife should feel very proud.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #262 on: May 21, 2007, 07:32:30 AM »
I had plans for a Romber autograph for her too! But sadly, that was a no go......

The shirt is great--nice job!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline yikes

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #263 on: May 21, 2007, 10:08:24 AM »

I don't either.  I loved D/O in their original season and I loved them here now but their exit interviews were full of pettiness, not only against your son but to other racers as well with no justifiable reasons as to why they feel that way.  I did get to meet your son at TARCon 9 (well more like I gave him a chocolate that I gave out at a separate fan lunch, he thanked me and kissed me on the cheek...heh) but I know that most people that did get to meet either at that TARCon or this one had overall nice things to say about him.  Unfortunately I didn't get to speak to you at this Tarcon though I witnessed your first meeting with Jer outside of Stitch which was great, so I hope I do get to see you at the next one. 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #264 on: May 21, 2007, 10:49:06 AM »
I love my Pirates shirt x 2 Big Papi :lol:  and think its great and think that your great  :kuss:. Thank you for sharing your pictures and thank you for being a real friend :hearts:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #265 on: May 22, 2007, 03:55:31 PM »
Today, in the mail I received my package from cinni and let me tell you that its something that I could most definitely can curl up with at night..between the sheets  :wohoo:

:thankyou: cinni! your the BEST and its perfect and I LOVE IT   :jumpy:

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #266 on: May 25, 2007, 08:39:24 AM »
 :-[  wow, that arrived fast! i got three. one for you, one for my sister in michigan and of course, one for me!  :hearts:
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #267 on: May 25, 2007, 12:39:23 PM »
 :happy: I've been reading it cinni and now see a side of Phil that I never knew. I knew he was a great guy but didn't know what a great guy he truly is ..some of his comments had me lol  :lol:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #268 on: June 16, 2007, 12:16:50 PM »
ERIC SANCHEZ ON RFF RADIO 6/15/07

This really belongs in the TAR11 epsiode 10 thread, but nobody is going to look at it there, so I am cheating a little by putting it here. Eric was interviewed last night by Rob and Trevor, who had a 45 minute conversation with Eric. There were two things that really stood out for me. First was Eric's attitude toward Danielle, which has continued and is maybe even a little more negative than expressed around TARCON XI and the 5/7/07 Early Show and all the press interviews he did in that time frame. Second is the clarification of what happened in Hong Kong searching for the entrance to the jocky club. As I remember the editing on TAR11 episode 10, Danielle was portrayed as the savior of the team for insiting on hiring a taxi which led the team to the right place when they had been struglling to find it. The way Eric tells it(and I'm sure the way it really was), when  he gave in to her nagging they were already at the wrong entrance to the Jockey Club. The taxi led them back to the same place before finding the right place, extracting $50(Eric didn't say but probably Hong Kong dollars) in the process.