Author Topic: News from TARcon11  (Read 109028 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: News from TARcon11
« Reply #150 on: May 09, 2007, 12:03:44 AM »
Check your email peach.. :waves:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #151 on: May 09, 2007, 12:04:27 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 09, 2007, 12:28:41 AM »
Great photos peach  :ninja

I can't wait to meet Phil on Saturday, I'm going to go up to him say hello, and be like "when are you leaving to film the Amazing Race 12?" and see what he says LOL. Oh, I see him holding a Kandice and Dustin patch in one of your photos peach!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 12:43:49 AM by Michael D »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #153 on: May 09, 2007, 12:55:53 AM »
Okay Michael--get ready!

This is part one of your present!

When I introduced myself to the BQ's, who are absolutely delightful I might add, I happened to mention that I knew this poster who singlehandedly had kept their "Love" thread going on two boards. As soon as I said that, Kandice said--"Do you mean KING MICHAEL?" Turns out one of their sisters had told them all about you.

But hey--let them tell you themselves! :hearts:

and say thank you to puddin for doing the video link for me! :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 09, 2007, 01:04:08 AM »
 :ninja :wohoo: :ninja :jumpy: :hearts: :hearts: :happy: :lol3: :yess: :jam: :hugs:
THANK YOU!
that is so awesome!!!!!! :D

ahh! i need to find away to get it onto my computer! is there anyway the mega upload or yousendit thing will work now so I can download it directly!?

THANKS PUDDIN AND PEACH :hearts:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #155 on: May 09, 2007, 01:07:29 AM »
Yes--here is the megaupload link for you: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CFVMNKLS

And no. Kandice does NOT have a five o'clock shadow--I think it was the shadow from my camera!

They were both so pleased to be able to do that for you!

And part 2 is on the way by my own Canadian courier who will drop it in the mail probably tomorrow. Or it might turn up on your doorstep because she thought she only lives about 15 blocks from you...
And when you get the package--I'll give you part 3! :happy:

You can do whatever you want with it--it is yours! But I wasn't sure if you wanted to share it with the whole world---wait--what am I saying??!! :lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 01:12:43 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 09, 2007, 01:08:42 AM »
That is so great and I hate that it's 2 AM, I'd love to stay up now and talk about this but I have to go sleep!

THANK YOU SO MUCH
and puddin - THANK YOU for getting the link on here!

I feel so pathetic that this can make me so happy LOL

Do you mind if I put this on youtube or gofish so I can put it in the love thread at sucks?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #157 on: May 09, 2007, 01:13:28 AM »
See ^^^--I edited!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #158 on: May 09, 2007, 01:13:52 AM »
peach did alll the work Michael  :waves: ..it really is something  :jam:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 09, 2007, 01:14:46 AM »
omg part THREE?! you went all out for me!

ooh i hope she drops it on my door step - that means I will get it tomorrow!

ok guys it's really, really late I have school so I have to go, but honestly peach thank you so much and I look forward to the next TWO PARTS!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #160 on: May 09, 2007, 01:16:17 AM »
 :gnite:  kiddo! Glad you like it!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #161 on: May 09, 2007, 01:47:10 AM »
Thank you for all the wonderful pictures Georgiapeach.  I really enjoyed readin this thread and viewing all the pics.  I wish I was there.  :tup:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #162 on: May 09, 2007, 01:58:47 AM »
My pleasure--it was SOOO much fun!

And happy 2000th post!  :conf: :cheer: :conf:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #163 on: May 09, 2007, 11:24:47 AM »
Jeeez--I thought I killed the forum! :o

Pictures (well some of them :lol:) from a Harbour cruise--I'll think of a prize for the 1st correct answer to the quiz--which comes from Chateau btw...

Izad--I'm writing you a note now--don't leave!

PEACH, I have deliberately not answered this for quite a long time to give people not from the New York area time to win the prize. However, since nobody is stepping up, I will claim it. It's the Manhattan Bridge!

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 09, 2007, 12:12:48 PM »
hahah, none of my friends believe me until I showed them that video today Peach!  :hearts: :jumpy: Do you now if your friend mailed it by mail or will drop it off?  *waits for part 2+3*

I want to see the photo of the three of you guys as well!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #165 on: May 09, 2007, 12:46:10 PM »
Jeeez--I thought I killed the forum! :o

Pictures (well some of them :lol:) from a Harbour cruise--I'll think of a prize for the 1st correct answer to the quiz--which comes from Chateau btw...

Izad--I'm writing you a note now--don't leave!

PEACH, I have deliberately not answered this for quite a long time to give people not from the New York area time to win the prize. However, since nobody is stepping up, I will claim it. It's the Manhattan Bridge!

Heee...you have to give the TAR connection!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #166 on: May 09, 2007, 01:14:54 PM »
OK, but it's not one that I really want to remember. It was at the beginning of TAR8 Family Edition that all the teams in their SUVs had to find the entrance to the Manhattan Bridge and cross it to reach Manhattan and the sporting goods store where they got their gear for the race.

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #167 on: May 09, 2007, 01:50:04 PM »
Great photos peach  :ninja

I can't wait to meet Phil on Saturday, I'm going to go up to him say hello, and be like "when are you leaving to film the Amazing Race 12?" and see what he says LOL. Oh, I see him holding a Kandice and Dustin patch in one of your photos peach!
let me know if you get to take pictures with phil. he's going to be here on tuesday!!  :jumpy: i will bring mine and hope for the best. :)

thanks again peach for sharing!
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #168 on: May 09, 2007, 01:54:08 PM »
It may take me a week to recover from such serious back-to-back sheer unadulterated FUN!

I know there is still lots more to say and share about the TARcon experience, but due to severe sleep deprivation it may take me a little while to figure it out...

I did ask the racers a gazillion questions and as I remember the answers about different legs/tasks/flights I'll add that in over in Spoilers.

But I would be seriously amiss if I waited another minute to thank the TARcon MEN of RFF for making this such a special experience.  :yourock:

Chateau
--for your repeat performance of locking down the best table in the house after holding down the fort in line, for the totally adorable BQ pins, for the great company at the show, DimSum, and on the harbour cruise.  And of course, for keeping us all straight on Chateautime all season long!

Apskip--first for coming so we could get to know you, then for bringing all the gorgeous Australia info to share with us (I still want to see the rest!) and for reminding me about the BigPapi pics, and in advance for the video. And of course for all your invaluable flight information this season!

BigPapi--for letting us share in your moment of celebration, and for letting us see the pride you have in your son, and always, for making me laugh!

And for Eric--(an RFF-er by proxy now)--thank you again for your kindness in helping me with Michael's project at Kevin's comedy gig, for finding your Dad for me, and for posing for sixty million pictures so cheerfully!

You all are very special and it adds so much to the RFF experience to finally put faces to names--  :hrt: to you all!

Now if only puddin had been there too!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 09, 2007, 02:19:56 PM »
It would have been awesome if I were able to come, meeting the fellow TAR fanatics and racers would have been awesome!
I'm glad you had such a fun time peach :hearts:

Offline $HOP@HOL!C

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #170 on: May 09, 2007, 03:03:11 PM »
Peach--Check your PM's!!! How come I didn't get a gifttt???? lol

Michael--Did u really dance w/ Dustin and Kandice??? OMG!!!!!!!! I want them to know me too!!! lol omg!!!!

Offline $HOP@HOL!C

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #171 on: May 09, 2007, 03:05:31 PM »
Peach when r u going 2 c Dustin/Kandice againnn????

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 09, 2007, 03:05:50 PM »
$HOP@HOL!C - No!  :rotf: I was bored and I already had my photoshop screen open and I was editing a picture of me and my friend so I decided to have a little fun.

Offline $HOP@HOL!C

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #173 on: May 09, 2007, 03:07:07 PM »
lol yea I thought it was a jokee.

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #174 on: May 09, 2007, 04:29:08 PM »
Wonderful pictures, Peach! Thanks for all the Joe/Bill, Teri/Ian, Lyn, David/Mary, and Charla/Mirna ones.  :hearts:

Hehe, that Caution sign was great! Good job to whoever brought it to TES.

And nice video too. I've always liked Kandice more than Dustin... even with that "five o'clock shadow" she looked prettier to me.  ;D
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.