Author Topic: The Elvis Duet  (Read 2990 times)

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
The Elvis Duet
« on: April 25, 2007, 08:42:37 PM »
Was I the only one that thought the Elvis Duet was stupid?? I mean, I understand that Elvis was an idol back in the day, but come on, you can't find anyone that is alive to sing a duet with??

Offline mattus

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: The Elvis Duet
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 09:01:27 PM »
i thought it was pretty cool visually...to bad celine was standing next to him :lol:

Offline Jill_

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 09:53:19 PM »
I agree, Rob.  In fact, I was a little disappointed with the whole show.  But, it was for a good cause so I won't say anything more.

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 11:25:18 PM »
I caught the last hour, I'm curious to know if there were any good performances in the first hour. Freakin' Josh Groban was amazing and I heard the vocal and saw the video of Carrie, she was simply flawless. And Annie Lennox's version of BOTW was great as well. I hate Celine so I cringed through most of it.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 07:40:05 AM »
I was a little leery of the whole concept of the show but I admit they got to me with the magnitude of visuals, particularly the dying woman and the faces of the children.

That said, I didn't care much for the Elvis duet. Instead of listening and enjoying the music, I was more curious as to how the heck they did the video. Did they have someone in a white suit on stage waving his arms around? It was a dud performance, I wish they had just had Celine Dion singing. I got a laugh at the end  when poor old Elvis was just plain whipped from all the exertion of the experience.  :lol3:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 12:57:31 AM »
I watched only the 2nd hr, but taped all of it.  Must watch the first hour to check out the Elvis Duet.  :tup:

Loved Carrie and Josh!  :hearts:

Offline TPorter2

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2007, 01:39:22 PM »
The Elvis duet with Celine was creepy.  *Christy from Survivor 6 hand gesture here*

But yeah, a good cause and a major timewaster...