Author Topic: EP13: "Low to the Ground, That's My Technique."  (Read 195773 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP13: "Low to the Ground, That's My Technique."
« Reply #325 on: May 04, 2007, 01:21:17 AM »
I never meant to create confusion with the avtar. I, like some people here am a fan of Danielle and Eric and I found this avtar and used it without checking if it was already in use. Again I am sorry for upsetting or confusing people.
LQQK we are both here at the same time and to think I was just going to sleep  :ninja!! Hello again argyrop, they were just having fun with us thats all, you are more than welcome to use that avatar :hearts:

eta: OH NO she left  :groan: :lol3:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #326 on: May 04, 2007, 08:12:57 AM »
Let's look at the question of whether Dustin/Kandice get left behind with a bit more objectivity, specifically from the perspective of flights. As long as they can make the 1810 flight from Lanai to Honolulu, it doesn't matter if they are 2.5 hours behind the other 2 teams. Any team getting on the 1800, 1805 or 1810 flights out of Lanai will make UA76 out of HNL to SFO departing at 2105 and arriving 0501. World Race Productions did this for sure - scheduled tasks on Lanai to assure that no team would reach Lanai airport in time to make the 1540 flight but all teams should make 1800 to 1810 departures unless they badly screw up. This ensures that the WRP favorite technique of BUNCHING prevails and no team is left behind.
The probablity that Dustin/Kandice lose a huge enough amount of time in a kayak spill is quite low. Even if they do, they have other flights out of Lanai with connections in Honolulu that will put them one to two hours behind but not totally out depending on how diffidult the MEMORY challenge is.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #327 on: May 04, 2007, 08:42:33 AM »
Three little things:

I was thinking that the BQ spat in the car could just as easily be after the swimming/buoy task as after the kayak task.

Are we very sure that  E/D are holding Detour clues and not RB clues at the Harbor? (Trying to be sure SF task is a RB)

And does Kandice's hair look wet at the bottom here? Because with the new times--everyone would have done a water task already and theoretically should have wet hair.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 04, 2007, 09:46:27 AM »
Peach - I *think* her hair looks wet at the bottom...all I know is they wont get left behind  :jam:

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #329 on: May 04, 2007, 10:14:22 AM »
If Kayaks are last then thats good with me because E/D are in the lead at this point.

BQ's capsize
Charla can't row...

Off topic somewhat but thought that I would share this since it has to do with kayaking. Our family went on vacation to my birthplace Vieques Island, a tiny island south of Puerto Rico. If only they had done this here http://www.biobay.com/
We did the biobay "tour" in the same kayaks used in the race and though none of us  capsized we did swim in the bay. It was easy getting out of the kayaks and into the water but some of us had a HELL of a time getting back in....myself included. It was hilarious. Hopefully Eric learned something from that experience to put it to use in Hawaii.

http://www.vieques-island.com/index.shtml

Check out our beaches  :'(

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #330 on: May 04, 2007, 10:27:11 AM »
 B:)  As good a time as any to talk about the cab race to the finish line.  Assuming there are no other tasks between the airport (SFO) and Strybing Arboretum, the race to the end will be a short one (about 14 miles).  They may get caught in the morning rush hour.   :groan:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #331 on: May 04, 2007, 10:52:26 AM »
Thanks Boingo!

Don't forget about MAPS! too--good maps there.

From the person who originally posted the spoiler:

It'll be interesting to see if traffic will play a key role in final outcome. Traffic around the area is horrible on Sundays. GG Park streets are closed to cars on Sundays so the surrounding streets are usually congested, a lot of construction going on in and around the park, and the main expressway (19th Ave) from SFO is usually backed up for several miles. Public transportation from SFO would be quicker.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #332 on: May 04, 2007, 11:34:24 AM »
OK, my turn to confuse things up a little more:

Mirna is a quick change artist:

At Guam hotel desk (booking flight to NRT? - earlier post had them getting their own reservation) wearing green shirt over black body shirt.

At Honolulu with Taxicab, still wearing the same outfit

On Helicopter flying to Lanai.  Now wears new green halter type top.  Charla meanwhile has now on her black with flowers swim suit.

On Rocks running toward shipwreck, Mirna still wears her green top.  Charla in black swimsuit over long pants

On the kayak; hard to tell since top is covered by red lifevest

At dock getting off Zodiac, now wearing pink bikini top. Charla still in black swimsuit.

Time guess:  Shot of Mirna's watch on helicopter seems to read 11:35.

D/K and E/D are with the detour clue at the harbor; both teams looking around for something or some kind of landmark

Nice shot of D/K and E/D high-fiving on an aircraft.  Looks like the kind of plane which they would take from Guam to NRT rather than a 777 or 747. NW flight 81 was a 737 (3 x 3 seating)  NW Flight 73 was a Airbus 330 (3 x 3 seating).  Neither flight was a 747.  Flight from NRT to HNL was a 747-400 and arrived in HNL at 7:40AM December 16  The pilot's reference to a 747 may have been in regards to flight to HNL. Looks like they are celebrating that they are way ahead of C/M not knowing that C/M made different flight out of Guam but all three teams will hook up together in NRT for fllight NW 10 to HN L.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 11:47:13 AM by gingerman28 »

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #333 on: May 04, 2007, 11:51:33 AM »

Are we very sure that  E/D are holding Detour clues and not RB clues at the Harbor? (Trying to be sure SF task is a RB)

I'm 100% sure that K/D are holding a DETOUR clue: you can see the double arrow.  Eric holding a yellow card along with his Amazing Race envelope.  No red card at all which would be case of Roadblock.  So, yes, both teams are lookiing for something in connection with a DETOUR.  Whatever it is, neither team is racing off to go somewhere to do something as is the usual case of a Detour.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #334 on: May 04, 2007, 11:54:55 AM »
Thanks Boingo!

Don't forget about MAPS! too--good maps there.

From the person who originally posted the spoiler:

It'll be interesting to see if traffic will play a key role in final outcome. Traffic around the area is horrible on Sundays. GG Park streets are closed to cars on Sundays so the surrounding streets are usually congested, a lot of construction going on in and around the park, and the main expressway (19th Ave) from SFO is usually backed up for several miles. Public transportation from SFO would be quicker.

Would this be still true at 5:30AM on a Sunday morning?  The final ROADBLOCK  task probably also take s place in Golden Gate Park, withing running distance of the final mat (a la TAR 9 at Red Rocks.

Offline tigress131

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #335 on: May 04, 2007, 01:39:16 PM »
All the pictures are great!!  This final leg of the race looks very challenging for all racers. Especially loving the picture of Danielle she looks like she is having a blast.  Sorry to be a broken record but....
DANIELLE & ERIC FOR THE WIN!!! :hearts: :happy: I LOVE THEM!

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #336 on: May 04, 2007, 02:15:05 PM »
TASKS IN HAWAII:

Arrive by helicopter, pick up Jeep

Paddle Kayak out to ship wreck and remove clue from side of ship.

Dive at bouy to retreave clue

Blue Grotto dive

Paddle while standing on a surfboard

Drive Jeep along sandy road

Ride Zodiac from somewhere to somewhere.

Offline joemike

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #337 on: May 04, 2007, 02:17:01 PM »
Maby that big time gap thing is because they switched detours. Or i am making no sense lol

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #338 on: May 04, 2007, 02:41:35 PM »
What time is it Chateau  :lol: ??
Of coruse I'm not sure where this is? I suppose one of you will figure it out quickly though?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 04, 2007, 02:45:52 PM »
Are we sure that's even from the finish line puddin, wasn't the sky really clear when we saw JVJ, D/M and D/K (drew and kevin) at the finish line?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #340 on: May 04, 2007, 03:40:18 PM »
Theres nothing else to do so I'm giving you a challenge  :lol:. Maybe its ecuador?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 04, 2007, 03:41:48 PM »
Oh my God, what are we going to do once Sunday is over, OK, Monday we will have the interviews and press stuff to keep us busy, but then....no more TAR until TAR12 spoilers begin circulating!  :'(

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #342 on: May 04, 2007, 03:48:33 PM »
What time is it Chateau  :lol: ??
Of coruse I'm not sure where this is? I suppose one of you will figure it out quickly though?

Where is Phil you ask? In my dreams confessing his undying love for me and telling me all the naughty little things he wants to do to me.  :hearts: :whips

OK, so it's late Friday afternoon what can I say?  :lol:

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #343 on: May 04, 2007, 04:03:19 PM »
Oh my God, what are we going to do once Sunday is over, OK, Monday we will have the interviews and press stuff to keep us busy, but then....no more TAR until TAR12 spoilers begin circulating!  :'(

Micheal, didn't they tell you? You will be responsible for staking out all airports in a 300 mile radius of where you live in hopes of spotting the TAR12 teams leaving the country from the starting city.  :lol:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 04, 2007, 04:19:47 PM »
I would love doing that if I lived in America, but noooooo I have to be in Toronto :meow:

Offline lulu1212

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #345 on: May 04, 2007, 04:25:42 PM »
New image of C/M from the finale?: http://tv.yahoo.com/.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #346 on: May 04, 2007, 04:32:57 PM »
I'm not sure Lulu but this Phil is old ..

"I'm Sorry I'm Wearing A Bathing Suit. It Is Very Weird, I Know" -- Host Phil Keoghan waits at the Pitstop on the black sand lakeshore of Lago Todos Los Santos, Chile

« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 05:32:15 PM by puddin »

Offline lulu1212

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #347 on: May 04, 2007, 04:37:18 PM »
I meant the 'girl power' image that appears on the preview shot for Sunday's episode.  I'm at work and can't save the image, but C/M are looking over a Routemarker and a map is visible in Mirna's hands.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #348 on: May 04, 2007, 04:44:36 PM »
I know what you meant  :lol:

Offline lulu1212

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #349 on: May 04, 2007, 04:49:36 PM »
Good, I was starting to think I was losing my mind...=)