Author Topic: EP13: "Low to the Ground, That's My Technique."  (Read 196212 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: EP13: "Low to the Ground, That's My Technique."
« Reply #300 on: May 03, 2007, 10:50:24 PM »
Wonder if the detour would let one team choose to go to Kaumalapau harbor and one to Manele Harbor. Or do they go in sequence K...to M...?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #301 on: May 03, 2007, 10:51:09 PM »

And, on the beach run shots, wouldn't you band up your hair when you realize you have a long run to make.  Maybe the end of the road caught the BQs by surprise and they hadn't put their hair up yet.  The hair-down part of the running is right next to the end of the road.  The other shots are farther along towards the ship.   :umn:
Like maybe they stopped to read the clue then pulled their hairback while reading then ran for the kayaks, yeah I can see that happening.

Work it Chateau  :wohoo:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #302 on: May 03, 2007, 10:54:14 PM »
 :(  BUT....why is Mirna & Charla in their swim suits at Manele Bay (zodiac boats) when they haven't done the shipwreck task yet.  I don't see them getting wet before then.   :-\   Confusion ensues..... :lol:

And we see them running to the shipwreck in their street clothes......   :angel:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #303 on: May 03, 2007, 10:58:02 PM »
OH I found the CODE for Phils preview  :happy:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #304 on: May 03, 2007, 11:12:53 PM »
 so back to clothes..the only ones that change clothes are C/M ? brb
Lobby? we should be able to find this?

Hickam Air Force Base, Maui

Hula helicoptor
  Manele Bay, small harbor
  Shipwreck beach
Whatevia!
 San Fran
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 11:32:21 PM by puddin »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 03, 2007, 11:14:25 PM »
Kandice seems to change from her black shirt to her pink shirt once she gets to hawaii

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #306 on: May 03, 2007, 11:15:41 PM »
Thanks for the code, Puddin.  :hearts: Is the sun angle useful, or is more info needed for a solution?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #307 on: May 03, 2007, 11:18:38 PM »
Thank you Chateau for the awesome times! :hearts:

I am confused too though--I really had it in my mind that the wreck was first.

How else can we make this fit?

You know, each team could helicopter to Maui and then zodiac to the respective harbor and then drive to the wreck.

But how do we explain the running past the water tower shot? Are we 100% SURE that that is on Lanai?? Quick--let's look at Maui!

All the tour boat folks are based on Maui and ferry people over there to Lanai in zodiacs every day.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #308 on: May 03, 2007, 11:25:44 PM »
No--Maui airport has no water tower or trees so it must be Lanai.

Back to the drawing board!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #309 on: May 03, 2007, 11:32:54 PM »
That sun shot that Slowhatch put up is interesting in the way that the light intensity of the Sun has zapped out not only the pixels that image the Sun but also all the pixels in all the columns that that have the ones covering the Sun. 

Poor imaging array   :'(

I bet it needed a rest after that.

The camera was just tilted with the Kayak.  I can't get much from the shot since it is from a wide angle camera and those always trick me.  If there was a landmark on the shore or in the profile of the island that may be useful...hmm  We could pull a solar azimuth based on the line fron ship to landmark.

Peach, I initially thought the wreck was first too.  But the times are coming in with their own agenda!  The darkened bulkhead on the wreck is a very strong indicator of a minimum possible time.

And yes, I am 100% sure you nailed the water tower (or fuel tower?) as being at the Lanai airport.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #310 on: May 03, 2007, 11:44:27 PM »
Okay then!

Then I really think that the teams choose ONE harbor to go to and maybe they have to do something when they get there--we still have to explain Charla surfing and that Manele Harbor has a kinder gentler beach that would be good for that.

The BQ and E/D Kaunalapau (SP?) harbor is more of a working harbor.

Map so we remember where we are:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #311 on: May 03, 2007, 11:54:41 PM »
I agree, peach, Manele Bay may have a "wet" task (given C/M are in swimsuits).  The surfboard thingie is a possibility, and so is that "cave snorkeling/diving" thingie.  Have we identified which team is seen in the "blue cave" diving/snorkeling?  Is it C/M?

What about thet bouy thingie with D/K (in pants & helmet).  Where is that?  Probably not the shipwreck task, as they only have to paddle out to the ship, and snag the clue off the side of the boat.  Lots-o-tasks in the finale.   :o

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #312 on: May 03, 2007, 11:58:58 PM »
This kayak capsized between 1:57 and 2:10 pm (assumes December 16th).

Thanks to Slowhatch's good idea.
I used a dark canyon that is shown in GE and seems to be directly under the Sun.
That and the approximate location of kayak going under gives solar azimuth.

I think you're right guys, I jumped the gun on the drive to the shipwreck.   :groan:

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #313 on: May 04, 2007, 12:10:10 AM »

The kayak is at the wreck--why doesn't that time still fit?? I could see that kayak thing easily taking a minimum of an hour with those rough seas--remember TnT pulling the boat? They were out there for more than 4 hours!

See how this works--

Manele Bay for C/M: surf board thingy

Kaumalapau (I'm never going to learn to spell that! :lol:) for E/D and BQ's: swim cave/buoy thingy--I like it!

So how do they get to the Harbors?

How does this work?
Honolulu>>Helicopter to Lanai airport>>run to jeeps?>>jeeps to one of the two harbors?>>do water tasks at each?>>drive to Shipwreck Beach?>>kayak to wreck>>back to airport where you have plenty of time to fly to Honolulu and then freshen up for evening flights to SF
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #314 on: May 04, 2007, 12:23:41 AM »
That sounds good!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #315 on: May 04, 2007, 12:25:44 AM »
If Kayaks are last then thats good with me because E/D are in the lead at this point.

BQ's capsize
Charla can't row...

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 04, 2007, 12:27:53 AM »
Something tells me the BQ boat falling over won't really hold them back that much...all they have to do is get back into the boat

LMFAO, puddin I love that screencap :P

Danielle looks so happy  :lol3:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #317 on: May 04, 2007, 12:32:11 AM »
Bipolar much?  :lol:
I think thats what brings the fight on between the BQ's

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 04, 2007, 12:35:25 AM »
I'm so excited to see bitchy Kandice...it seems to be her that's being mean!

be careful puddin...she's coming to use your make up without asking you!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 12:39:57 AM by Michael D »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #319 on: May 04, 2007, 12:48:11 AM »
 :lol: Well I was thinking the boot list is wrong and Charla Mirna are second and the BQ's are stuck in Hawaii like Season 4's David & Jeff.

:hides

Although David and Jeff were in third place at the end of the episode, they did not finish the race. They received a clue in Hawaii telling them the race was over and that Reichen & Chip won.

eta: I'm just joking!!  :pfight:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 12:55:19 AM by puddin »

Offline red_sox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #320 on: May 04, 2007, 12:52:10 AM »
I agree with Puddin.
I think that D/K were maybe coming first, but then whilst kayaking they mess up big time, with it capsizing etc.. (when i kayak capsizes it CAN fill with water and take ages to set straight again)
Then they fall behind Eric and Danielle, and possible Charla and Mirna, and Kandice loses it at Dustin. "It's over..."
Why would they say it's over if the fight wasnt about anything important. I think they are referring to "it" as in "our chance at winning" is over.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 04, 2007, 12:54:15 AM »
Oh my God, I was thinking, can you imagine if after all this time me harping that the boot list is wrong it is, and E/D still win with D/K coming in third instead....I would die :rotf:

red_sox,
i think Kandice's "it's over" is in regards to their fight or their friendship (something often said in a heat of the moment argument)

Regardless of what happens in the Kayak, I'm guessing all teams catch up to each other at one point or the other in the finale.

you best be puddin, 1st or 2nd (hopefully 1st) are great in my eyes, but third, no way :knuckles:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 12:59:27 AM by Michael D »

Offline iargyrop

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • My favorite all star team
« Reply #322 on: May 04, 2007, 01:00:11 AM »
I never meant to create confusion with the avtar. I, like some people here am a fan of Danielle and Eric and I found this avtar and used it without checking if it was already in use. Again I am sorry for upsetting or confusing people.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #323 on: May 04, 2007, 01:00:35 AM »
E/D may excel at the kayaks--I really do feel for Mirna--and the BQ's may not have done well--but there is still plenty of airport bunching to come. Remember Honalulu to SF flights don't start till about 8PM or so.

I suspect a VERY close race to the Finish Line.

So far we have Detours and race task for all to get clues (shipwreck) but no Roadblock, which makes me think that the End Task "How well do you know your partner" could be the Roadblock--similar to the flags in Season 9. And could take place right at the finish line in the meadow at the Arboretum. TPTB may have wanted to avoid another run all over the hills of SF knowing that that would put C/M at a serious disadvantage.

C/M would logically do the best on this, esp if Mirna does it.

BQ's next--they probably heard a lot about each other in the pageant bios.

E/D at a disadvantage here as they share very little history.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #324 on: May 04, 2007, 01:03:32 AM »
I never meant to create confusion with the avtar. I, like some people here am a fan of Danielle and Eric and I foudn this avtar and used it without checking if it was already in use. Agin I am sorry for upsetting or confusing people.

No No! Don't worry! You gave us a great afternoon of entertainment as *ahem* one of the others has been having great fun lately having new names and avatars. We are glad you are here---and puddin changes her pic every couple of days anyway! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule: