Author Topic: EP13: "Low to the Ground, That's My Technique."  (Read 194956 times)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: EP13: "Low to the Ground, That's My Technique."
« Reply #225 on: May 02, 2007, 11:27:33 AM »
And this one was nearby here.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #226 on: May 02, 2007, 11:40:43 AM »
I'm not sure where they got their jeeps. There's only one rental agency--and one gas station--on the island (see here and the VR here), and the standard issue seems to be orange/yellow (rust?).

:js:  Looks like you can rent a "silver" jeep in Lanai.   :snicker:

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #227 on: May 02, 2007, 12:20:46 PM »
Makz3d, about the watch/time, I am standing by the 12:55 pm time based on shadows.  It's just that when I saw that the shadow calcs were ending up at near something:55 I realized that the watch was good for the "55" part.

I think we need to get Eric a new watch.  His is missing its hour hand  :rotf:.

Glad you noticed the time.  I wanted to see if Puddin saw it!   :snicker:

Feel like I'm being a pest.  I was just watching the show again and paused it several times and now it definitely looks like the time is 11:30 and I feel it's quite clear.  In the picture posted I kind of thought there was a hand straight down from the 12.  I can copy it to the VCR and check it out frame by frame (tomorrow) and that usually picks up things that the pause of DVR doesn't always show.

However, it is possible Eric's watch is wrong.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #228 on: May 02, 2007, 12:59:08 PM »
FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THE HISTORY OF THE RACE, TWO ALL-FEMALE TEAMS COMPETE IN THE FINAL THREE FOR THE CHANCE TO WIN THE MILLION DOLLAR PRIZE AND BECOME THE FIRST ALL-FEMALE TEAM TO WIN THE RACE, ON THE SEASON FINALE OF
"THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS," SUNDAY, MAY 6

The Finish Line is in Sight For "The Amazing Race: All-Stars" After a Grueling 28 Days, Five Continents and More Than 45,000 Miles

"Low to the Ground, That's My Technique" -- The final three All-Star Teams Race towards the finish line for their second chance at one million dollars and, for two teams, its the chance to become the first all-female team to win the Race, on the season finale of THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS, Sunday, May 6 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.   

Offline lulu1212

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #229 on: May 02, 2007, 01:31:10 PM »
I'm new here so I apologize if this is more speculative than factual, but if you look in the SF cab clips, Eric is seen looking out the rear view window, suggesting that there might be another team's cab behind him [hopefully at least one other team got on E/D's flight]. Charla does this as well, but to a lesser extent.

Also, Mirna's voiceover of "they're going to catch us" is a little more frantic sounding than the tone she uses when she is telling Charla to run on the beach, as if it had been dubbed over the beach scene. If she says this later in the race, it might indicate that all the teams are fairly neck and neck in SF.

Thanks for all the research, everyone =)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #230 on: May 02, 2007, 02:21:08 PM »
makz3d, I was going over Eric's watch at check in and I saw what you are talking about:  the hand at the "30" (is that what you mean by straight down from twelve?).  Anyway, in a second clip of Eric what I saw at the hand that was at "30" now seems to be over by "35".  So I was thinking that might be a second hand sweeping along real fast.  In only one frame did I get a hint of something near "5" (i.e. the 1 hour mark).  But it was so weak that I decided that his hour hand just must be invisible. 

The hand at the "55" is clear in every frame. 

I get fooled by watch shots more often than I can count.  There are second hands, extraneous reflections, date windows, decorations on the face, or just really tiny hands.   B:)
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #231 on: May 02, 2007, 03:55:05 PM »
This shot was taken between 10:05 and 10:19 am (assumes December 16th)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #232 on: May 02, 2007, 04:08:45 PM »
Okay, so where is the Guam to Hawaii flight info?  I know we have the flight numbers from some spoiler info.  But what are the takeoff and landing times?  I was trying to get it from Airwise but it looks like they don't do past flights any more.   :'(

HELP!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #234 on: May 02, 2007, 04:35:42 PM »
Thanks Puddin, but still, HELP Apskip, we need the takeoff and landing times. 

Airwise doesn't like us anymore.  I saw that Mswood could not get info there.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #235 on: May 02, 2007, 04:46:13 PM »
 :-\  OK, I'm bored.  Looks like we need another challenge till Sunday.  Any ideas what the "white" structure behind Mirna & TheCAB taxi somewhere on Oahu is?   ???    :angel:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #236 on: May 02, 2007, 05:04:26 PM »
I'll play later when I'm not at work--but you might want to try the airport air traffic control tower first... ;)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #237 on: May 02, 2007, 05:35:18 PM »
I'll play later when I'm not at work--but you might want to try the airport air traffic control tower first... ;)

:js:  hmmm.....she's good!   :lol:    Is Tower #2 a match?   ???

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #238 on: May 02, 2007, 05:43:32 PM »
 :happy:   This view matches nicely.  Hickum AFB Control Tower  Thanks for the hint, peach.  :jam:

« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 06:04:54 PM by Boingo »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #239 on: May 02, 2007, 06:56:45 PM »
Thanks Puddin, but still, HELP Apskip, we need the takeoff and landing times. 

Airwise doesn't like us anymore.  I saw that Mswood could not get info there.

OK, I went back to my post ULTIMATE TIMELINES on page #68 of SPOILERS thread for this. This information is more liekly to be accurate than anything I could pull today off of www.nwa.com or www.amadeus.net:

NW 81 departs HKG 1545 arrives NRT 1835  or  NW 73 departs HKG 1615(or 1610, depending on who you believe) arriving NRT 1900

NW10 departs NRT 2010 (or 2030, again, depends on who you believe) and arrives HNL 0730 to 0825 (depending on who you believe).

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #240 on: May 02, 2007, 07:19:12 PM »
:-\  OK, I'm bored.  Looks like we need another challenge till Sunday.  Any ideas what the "white" structure behind Mirna & TheCAB taxi somewhere on Oahu is?   ???    :angel:

OK, what is Mirna doing in the front seat of a taxicab?  Where is the cameraman?  There are also other shots of Mirna outside of this same cab looking at her watch.  Waiting?  Charla is there, but no driver.  So is this then a set pickup time she arranged but no cab driver in sight?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 02, 2007, 07:26:58 PM »
Why does this picture look photoshopped:

some of the grey of the car cuts into Mirna's shirt..

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #242 on: May 02, 2007, 07:27:03 PM »
I think Boingo cropped that picture Gman ,,it sure makes it look like Mirna is in the front seat! Almost like it was faked in a photochop.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #243 on: May 02, 2007, 08:17:49 PM »
I think Boingo cropped that picture Gman ,,it sure makes it look like Mirna is in the front seat! Almost like it was faked in a photochop.

:rotf:  :lol:  Cropped and zoomed, but not chopped.  Full size pix is over in the "puting it all together forum".  Do your homework, folks, before you claim a "conspiracy theory".  I guess everyone else is bored too.  Too much time, too little spoiling left to do.   ;) 

« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 08:29:03 PM by Boingo »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 02, 2007, 08:19:38 PM »
Oh! It's Charla's head that looked like part of the van  :lol3:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #245 on: May 02, 2007, 11:01:22 PM »
:happy:   This view matches nicely.  Hickum AFB Control Tower  Thanks for the hint, peach.  :jam:

I spent way too much time in Hawaii airports and harbors yesterday with not even a suntan to show for it! :lol:
Nice match on the picture Boingo!

The Hickum AFB thing threw me at first but apparently the Int. airport and Hickum share a runway?

Still confused as to why C/M seem so relaxed--there must be an HoO somewhere there--maybe for the helicopters?

Could some one explain how the dateline works for us here? Do they gain 12 hours? I'm a little lost trying to figure out if they will be here tomorrow or yesterday?? :lol3: Mostly to see if they got some extra rest or not.
Mirna's clothes don't match with the beach shots do they?

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #246 on: May 02, 2007, 11:20:46 PM »

Mirna's clothes don't match with the beach shots do they?

I think you're on to something, peach.  Mirma's clothes (next to TheCAB in Honolulu) don't match the helicopter vidcap, but she is wearing the same "green" jacket (?) in the cab that everyone thinks is in S.F.  Also Mirma's hair is very "poofy", like she just had a short rest before starting the final dash to S.F. (or did she just get off a plane from Guam looking so fresh).   B:)   :groan:   :-\   Very interesting, but confusing.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 11:29:31 PM by Boingo »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #247 on: May 02, 2007, 11:38:38 PM »
Mirna carries her Miss Alki emergency beauty kit to make sure she looks fine for Phil  :snicker:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #248 on: May 02, 2007, 11:47:44 PM »
Mirna ..

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 03, 2007, 12:05:50 AM »
This is so confusing - it's really hard to put together the order since a lot of teams will be changing their clothes since they get wet  :'(