Author Topic: Will Big Brother Still Air on Thursday Nights?  (Read 1874 times)

Offline HurricaneHowieWood

• Big Brother Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • Reality TV! Pick your poison!
Will Big Brother Still Air on Thursday Nights?
« on: April 23, 2007, 11:39:02 AM »
The "eye" has confirmed the next "Survivor" Location (see the "survivor" thread), and also has announce that "Pirate Master" will air in the 8pm est/ 7pm cst, time slot when this season of of "Survivor" ends.  With 13 eps of PM ordered it would run into July and if the "eye" kept it at the current time slot it would seem to hint that maybe BB won't see a Thursday night eviction show this season, or maybe BB fans will have to wait an extra hour to find out who is going home.

Only time will tell.

Original Story Below:

CBS, 'Survivor' go to China
'Pirate Master' premieres May 31
By JOSEF ADALIAN

CBS has booked China as the location for the next edition of "Survivor," and locked in premiere dates for two key summer reality shows -- including Mark Burnett's "Pirate Master."

In addition to "Pirate Master," Mark Burnett Prods. is producer "On the Lot" for Fox (premiering May 22), as well as a "Shrek"-themed online skein for AOL and DreamWorks.

The Eye's summer sked kicks off May 31 at 8 p.m. with the premiere of "Pirate Master." The skein inherits "Survivor's" regular season timeslot, bowing seven years to the day that "Survivor" first premiered on CBS.

Net ordered 13 episodes of the unscripted adventure last year (Daily Variety, Nov. 6).

For the past couple of years, CBS has aired the "Big Brother" results show on Thursday nights. With "Pirate Master" now slated for the night, it's possible the net could be mulling a change in the "Brother" air pattern.

Source: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117963293.html?categoryid=14&cs=1
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 11:46:51 AM by HurricaneHowieWood »
Like Us On FB: Reality Fan Forum

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
Re: Will Big Brother Still Air on Thursday Nights?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 12:39:33 PM »
I bet the evictions will be at 9pm EST.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 04:04:11 PM »
Futon critic announces the schedule for BB:

'BIG BROTHER' TO RETURN TO USUAL NIGHTS, 'PIRATE MASTER' TO WALK TUESDAY PLANK
By The Futon Critic Staff (TFC)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- CBS has confirmed its rollout schedule for "Big Brother" while newcomer "Pirate Master" is being sent to Tuesday nights.

"Brother" will launch its eighth season on Thursday, July 5 at 8:00/7:00c with its Sunday and Tuesday editions due on July 8 at 8:00/7:00c and July 10 at 9:00/8:00c, respectively.

Said installments mirror its broadcast schedule from last summer, save for Tuesday nights where it aired at 8:00/7:00c instead of 9:00/8:00c.

As for "Pirate Master," the show's sixth episode will follow "Big Brother" at 9:00/8:00c on July 5 before it settles into its new Tuesday, 10:00/9:00c home on July 10.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 04:53:43 PM »
I called it and knew this would happen  :yess: