Author Topic: speculation on the finale  (Read 63996 times)

Offline thats right

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: speculation on the finale
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2007, 05:41:19 PM »
asamber1 - C/M and D/O where at that agent for I think four hours or something like that, they had to work hard to get these two teams onto that flight, by the time E/D got there it was already booked.

Wrong. The ticket agent said something like "Oh, one just opened up" shortly after Eric and Danielle ended up leaving the agency. That's when the two teams got their flight.

CORRECT!!!  Eric and Danielle left [fighting like what else to they do, they have their great "fake" relationship] before CM and OD got tickets!

You would think they would try to say Danielle/Eric were at least Long Distance Daters?

I'm not commenting on the relationship, but I do believe that its hard to imagine people rooting for this team in terms of skill, especially when some of their worst situations (the Poland flight, as well as the Hong Kong flight) were caused directly by their own efforts. That's not to say I don't understand that people like them in real life. Although it reflects poorly when just about every comment from them is directed negatively about someone else.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2007, 08:34:19 PM »
(I can't paste the picture and quote above from Michael for some reason)
It's an interesting point. We know from other spoilers that the two teams took a later 747 into Hawaii. Would they be high-fiving just for getting a more comfortable flight? I've been trying to match the interior to a 747-200 without much luck. Maybe it's the flight out of Hawaii.

These two teams are on an Airbus 333 on NW flight 73 from GUM to NRT.  All three teams will be on a 747 from NRT to HNL

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2007, 10:45:26 PM »
Less then 47 hours...I'm getting nervous!

Offline down_with_alli

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Phil is my God
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2007, 10:49:43 PM »
Less then 47 hours...I'm getting nervous!

Same here Michael and I've got a frickin Neuroscience test this week  :'(

I really really really hope the boot list is wrong and an all Female team wins it this season (C/M first, D/K 2nd or vice versa).

The females are PWNING this race so far...BUT I wouldn't mind if E/D win.

I just hope the bootlist is wrong  :lol: which it probably won't be  :meow:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2007, 10:57:00 PM »
You know, I'm betting a lot of the bitterness towards Eric and Danielle's possible win is also because D/K and C/M have a HUGE fanbase, and this is the first time in the history of TAR that we get to F/F teams in the F3, and with such a gigantic possibility of a F/F team win, we don't get one, so a lot of people might be peeved at that, I'm sure more then 75% of the people saying rude things about E/D will get over it eventually when/if they win.

Offline down_with_alli

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Phil is my God
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2007, 11:37:37 PM »
You know, I'm betting a lot of the bitterness towards Eric and Danielle's possible win is also because D/K and C/M have a HUGE fanbase, and this is the first time in the history of TAR that we get to F/F teams in the F3, and with such a gigantic possibility of a F/F team win, we don't get one, so a lot of people might be peeved at that, I'm sure more then 75% of the people saying rude things about E/D will get over it eventually when/if they win.

I think you're right. Also, a lot of people don't find them to be a "real team" quite simply because they haven't raced together before.

Offline iargyrop

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • My favorite all star team
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2007, 12:49:02 AM »
I don't think E/D ar a fake team simply because they nver raced together before. It was just a new combination, and both of them agreed to race together in the race instead of racing with their original partners. I would like to see them win because I think they deserve it after the bashing they've taken all season long.

Offline down_with_alli

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Phil is my God
« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2007, 02:18:51 AM »
I don't think E/D ar a fake team simply because they nver raced together before. It was just a new combination, and both of them agreed to race together in the race instead of racing with their original partners. I would like to see them win because I think they deserve it after the bashing they've taken all season long.

Especially from Miss Alli.

That horrid bitch.

I mean...nice lady.

Offline red_sox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2007, 02:55:40 AM »
SPOILER ALERT:

Omh guys you wont believe it! I was just talking to my cousin who's from SF.. and she happens to work in the Botanical Gardens there! Anyways she was working when the finale was filmed and withness the final sprint to the finish line!!
She said Eric and Danielle, along with Dustin and Kandice were coming in first when they enterred the garden, with Charla and Mirna 5 minutes behind. However apparently the foot-path to the finish line was so slippery that both D/K and E/D kept on falling over and couldnt get there! Charla and Mirna then glided past, Charla on her heelies and Mirna on her shoulders!! They won the race by like 10 minutes! (D/K + E/D eventually started slitherring on thier stomochs there)

Well no need to watch the finale now... i know how it ends!!  :jumpy: :happy: :yess: :hearts:

*retreats into world of denial  :lol:

Offline iargyrop

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • My favorite all star team
« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2007, 03:22:44 AM »
PLEASE TELL ME YOU'RE JOKING!!!!!

SPOILER ALERT:

Omh guys you wont believe it! I was just talking to my cousin who's from SF.. and she happens to work in the Botanical Gardens there! Anyways she was working when the finale was filmed and withness the final sprint to the finish line!!
She said Eric and Danielle, along with Dustin and Kandice were coming in first when they enterred the garden, with Charla and Mirna 5 minutes behind. However apparently the foot-path to the finish line was so slippery that both D/K and E/D kept on falling over and couldnt get there! Charla and Mirna then glided past, Charla on her heelies and Mirna on her shoulders!! They won the race by like 10 minutes! (D/K + E/D eventually started slitherring on thier stomochs there)

Well no need to watch the finale now... i know how it ends!!  :jumpy: :happy: :yess: :hearts:

Offline gien

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2007, 04:07:53 AM »
SPOILER ALERT:

How can charla and mirna won by 10 mins. only, if they are behind by 5 minutes with D/K and E/D (in front),  even its too slippery,  i dont think that e/d and d/k will be on back of charla/mirna by 10 mins.  but if they win,  congrats, but still im looking for Dustin/kandice as All star winners!!

Offline down_with_alli

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Phil is my God
« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2007, 07:11:19 AM »
SPOILER ALERT:

I've got an even more credible source.

WARNING SPOILER!

Well I personally know Phil, and he told me that Charla and Mirna DO win, but not the way you said.

Well you see, Eric and Danielle were coming first with Dustin and Kandice so close behind (because they had to run 15km to the finish line) when out of nowhere Mirna comes riding on a horse yelling "MORE RAPIDO! TOO LESS RAPIDO!" with Charla leading it in an armour suit carrying a chunk of beef on her heelies whilst dangling Polish sausage around her neck to make it go faster.

Then when they reach the finish line, Phil says "45,000 miles, 5 continents..." but before he can finish Mirna says "Ok ok now I come fight you HIYAH HIYAH HIYAH!" as Chalra grabs a knife and shoves it down her throat and spews all over Phil's shoes and everyone laughs and celebrates their win as they ride off into the sunset with the million dollar cheque, Mirna hollering "These people disGUST me".

Or so I've heard.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 08:51:49 AM by down_with_alli »

Offline red_sox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2007, 08:53:49 AM »
 :noway:
We'll see who's version is true when the finale aires  :jam:

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2007, 09:51:45 AM »
I swore that I would never tell (had to sign a confidentiality statement and had my house up as collateral) but what the heck, the house needs painting anyway.

Due to a really bad technical screwup, TPTB, after long consultation with lawyers for the network, have decided that it would be in their  best interest to let Romber back into the race in order to avoid a potential costly law suit.  Romber pick up the chace at San Francisco airport and manage to squeek out a final run to the matt passing Eric and Danielle on the way, who by the way stopped just short of the mat to say hello to the reappearance of Romber.

So the final outcome of TARAS is that Romber win by the bill of Roib's hat.

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2007, 10:11:01 AM »
I swore that I would never tell (had to sign a confidentiality statement and had my house up as collateral) but what the heck, the house needs painting anyway.

Due to a really bad technical screwup, TPTB, after long consultation with lawyers for the network, have decided that it would be in their  best interest to let Romber back into the race in order to avoid a potential costly law suit.  Romber pick up the chace at San Francisco airport and manage to squeek out a final run to the matt passing Eric and Danielle on the way, who by the way stopped just short of the mat to say hello to the reappearance of Romber.

So the final outcome of TARAS is that Romber win by the bill of Roib's hat.

Dangit, Eric was wearing my good luck Bronx Bomber's cap so you're tellin' me that the Bosox eek out another win vs Yankees  :'(

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2007, 10:38:57 AM »
I predict Big Papi uncovers Jimmy Hoffa's body at Yankee stadium :kogs

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2007, 11:03:04 AM »

:lol3: I think Jimmy went for a swim though :diver:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2007, 11:34:41 AM »

:lol3: I think Jimmy went for a swim though :diver:
Bada Bing!! ;)

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2007, 09:19:53 PM »

Puddin, its a documented fact that he rests in the foundation of Giant Stadium (that's in New Jersey) under the Northwest corner.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2007, 11:09:20 PM »

Puddin, its a documented fact that he rests in the foundation of Giant Stadium (that's in New Jersey) under the Northwest corner.
  :lol: tell us what you know Gman?

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: May 05, 2007, 11:12:31 PM »

oh crap i guessed im not aloud there anymore. oops!!!

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2007, 01:17:32 PM »
asamber1 - C/M and D/O where at that agent for I think four hours or something like that, they had to work hard to get these two teams onto that flight, by the time E/D got there it was already booked.
Wrong. The ticket agent said something like "Oh, one just opened up" shortly after Eric and Danielle ended up leaving the agency. That's when the two teams got their flight.

CORRECT!!!  Eric and Danielle left [fighting like what else to they do, they have their great "fake" relationship] before CM and OD got tickets!

You would think they would try to say Danielle/Eric were at least Long Distance Daters?

I'm not commenting on the relationship, but I do believe that its hard to imagine people rooting for this team in terms of skill, especially when some of their worst situations (the Poland flight, as well as the Hong Kong flight) were caused directly by their own efforts. That's not to say I don't understand that people like them in real life. Although it reflects poorly when just about every comment from them is directed negatively about someone else.

Actually lets get some facts straight here (at least as presented on the show).

Yes Eric & Danielle left briefly from the agency.  But they never were helped by an agent.  If some tickets opened up (8 at least) we have no idea if any others did, and for them to do something wrong you would have to know if more tickets then the 8 that were used by Charla & Mirna and Oswald & Danny's teams (and crew) were available.  Meaning 4 more tickets would have had to open up.

After all it took 7 plus hours for Oswald & Danny to get tickets to clear up, we have no idea if Eric & Danielle being right after them would have had tickets.

What we do know about that leg is that only Dustin & Kandice performed the tasks of that day faster then they did.  Thats their performance.

In Hong Kong they did what you think should be done.  THey checked internet and they put themselves on both waiting list.  It certainly isn't their fault that Charla & Mirna who never put themselves on the 2cd flights waiting list was allowed to use Oswald & Danny's booking to get on.  They actually you know behaved like polite individuals and didn't get into any ones face and tell the locals how to do their job.  Which can't be said for either Dustin & Kandice or Charla & Mirna.  Now sure perhaps if they made abig enough stink they might have fought enough to get on board.  But ideally they shouldn't have to.

In fac the worst behavior they have shown to any local was Danielle begging to get on the connection.  They have fought very little with each other (again, I strongly suggest teams rewatch previous seasons to get an idea about teams that fight with each other).  Or hell even watch Charla & Mirna who have fought more often with each other and yelled more at each other.  Or yelled at and fought with other teams more.

One thing I do wish is that I wish we knew how consistent the travel time on the dhows were to Zanzibar.  Because just off of departure times of the rides and arrivial times at Pit Stop Eric & Danielle finished that one faster then any team (but that does have the possability of fluctuating dhow times, unless they use the motor on board to make a set time, and honestly we don't know).

But look at the airport shuffle they do.  They were the ones who managed to snag through persistence the early flight in episode #3, they were the ones to first seek out the upstairs office in Leg 6 I think, and out of that group were the only team not to get out that later flight.

They try and use internet often to get flights (we haven't for example seen Dustin & Kandice unless instructed by the clues try anthing besides the Airports).

They have performed one leg poorly when they were all on a level playing field.  Charla & Mirna have been nearly eliminated several tiems on an even playing field.  On three episodes they have taken longet to complete the days tasks then anyone and were only saved from elimiantion due to teams being behind due to flights beyond their control.

Dustin & Kandice who have raced the 2cd half of the race strong have three episodes in a row where they failed to follow the instructions fo the clues.

So really Eric & Danielle have made actually fewer out and out mistakes, they have actually performed tasks as well as any team on this season.

They have been hurt by 2 yields, a 30 minute penality and 3 cases of flight delays that were not their fault and were not risky flights that they gambled on knowing it was a risking flight.

By the end of hte season I might actually try and complete something I did for season 9 and try and get a best guess on the final three and see who actually performed the tasks faster or slower for the full season.

AS for their eit, sure they have been pissed at Oswald & Danny, Dustin & Kandice and didn't like The Guidos.  ANd get annoyed by Charla & Mirna (which only one team has said they aren't annoyed by them).

But on clips we generally get a much nicer showing by this team.

Compare that to say Oswald & Danny on clips we get a lot more poor behavior, more insulting locals, more fighting with teams, cussing each other out, cussing other racers out, ect).  Their good seems to always make the episode, their worst usually doesn't.

With Eric & Danielle between episode, clips, mat chats, interviews so far the worst has made it to the screen.  But a lot of nicer moments haven't.

For several other teams their worst doesn't make the epsiode.

Offline thats right

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #97 on: May 06, 2007, 02:13:12 PM »

Actually lets get some facts straight here (at least as presented on the show).

Yes Eric & Danielle left briefly from the agency.  But they never were helped by an agent.  If some tickets opened up (8 at least) we have no idea if any others did, and for them to do something wrong you would have to know if more tickets then the 8 that were used by Charla & Mirna and Oswald & Danny's teams (and crew) were available.  Meaning 4 more tickets would have had to open up.

After all it took 7 plus hours for Oswald & Danny to get tickets to clear up, we have no idea if Eric & Danielle being right after them would have had tickets.

What we do know about that leg is that only Dustin & Kandice performed the tasks of that day faster then they did.  Thats their performance.

In Hong Kong they did what you think should be done.  THey checked internet and they put themselves on both waiting list.  It certainly isn't their fault that Charla & Mirna who never put themselves on the 2cd flights waiting list was allowed to use Oswald & Danny's booking to get on.  They actually you know behaved like polite individuals and didn't get into any ones face and tell the locals how to do their job.  Which can't be said for either Dustin & Kandice or Charla & Mirna.  Now sure perhaps if they made abig enough stink they might have fought enough to get on board.  But ideally they shouldn't have to.

In fac the worst behavior they have shown to any local was Danielle begging to get on the connection.  They have fought very little with each other (again, I strongly suggest teams rewatch previous seasons to get an idea about teams that fight with each other).  Or hell even watch Charla & Mirna who have fought more often with each other and yelled more at each other.  Or yelled at and fought with other teams more.

One thing I do wish is that I wish we knew how consistent the travel time on the dhows were to Zanzibar.  Because just off of departure times of the rides and arrivial times at Pit Stop Eric & Danielle finished that one faster then any team (but that does have the possability of fluctuating dhow times, unless they use the motor on board to make a set time, and honestly we don't know).

But look at the airport shuffle they do.  They were the ones who managed to snag through persistence the early flight in episode #3, they were the ones to first seek out the upstairs office in Leg 6 I think, and out of that group were the only team not to get out that later flight.

They try and use internet often to get flights (we haven't for example seen Dustin & Kandice unless instructed by the clues try anthing besides the Airports).

They have performed one leg poorly when they were all on a level playing field.  Charla & Mirna have been nearly eliminated several tiems on an even playing field.  On three episodes they have taken longet to complete the days tasks then anyone and were only saved from elimiantion due to teams being behind due to flights beyond their control.

Dustin & Kandice who have raced the 2cd half of the race strong have three episodes in a row where they failed to follow the instructions fo the clues.

So really Eric & Danielle have made actually fewer out and out mistakes, they have actually performed tasks as well as any team on this season.

They have been hurt by 2 yields, a 30 minute penality and 3 cases of flight delays that were not their fault and were not risky flights that they gambled on knowing it was a risking flight.

By the end of hte season I might actually try and complete something I did for season 9 and try and get a best guess on the final three and see who actually performed the tasks faster or slower for the full season.

AS for their eit, sure they have been pissed at Oswald & Danny, Dustin & Kandice and didn't like The Guidos.  ANd get annoyed by Charla & Mirna (which only one team has said they aren't annoyed by them).

But on clips we generally get a much nicer showing by this team.

Compare that to say Oswald & Danny on clips we get a lot more poor behavior, more insulting locals, more fighting with teams, cussing each other out, cussing other racers out, ect).  Their good seems to always make the episode, their worst usually doesn't.

With Eric & Danielle between episode, clips, mat chats, interviews so far the worst has made it to the screen.  But a lot of nicer moments haven't.

For several other teams their worst doesn't make the epsiode.

Facts  :lol3:

My point was that there was obviously a better flight available. I have absolutely no idea why you are talking about Dustin & Kandice doing tasks, it has nothing to do with it.

No it is not their fault that Charla & Mirna were able to get on. HOWEVER, there is a defining moment in the episode in which Eric & Danielle decide to exchange money as opposed to actually checking in to their flight. The other two teams checked in for their stand-by (although Charla & Mirna technically were not on stand-by). That is their fault, no way denying it.

That is not the worst behavior. Don't forget to include the "dirty pirate hooker" comments, the "queen" comments about the Guidos, the "you guys are pieces of sh*t", "I'm going to kick Danny and Ozzy's faces in". Let me re-iterate my first post: I said NOTHING about bickering between the two.

From what was shown, there were 3 dhows. Charla & Mirna were held up to wait for another team under the guise of bad weather, although Eric & Danielle were able to take a dhow alone. That's irrelevant to any point either of us are trying to make.

I've already mentioned airports, and the only reason they should be mentioned is Danielle's statements that they have bad airline luck. As I've mentioned 2 of the bad instances they were in (to Poland and to Hong Kong) were their fault.

And the fact that they have used the internet is relevant because...?

Ah, how quickly you overlook that Charla & Mirna get the leads they do because they work hard to get the flight which will give them a lead.

What is that about Dustin & Kandice failing to follow clues 3 episodes in a row? We're really reaching here. The point I'm trying to make is that Eric & Danielle are not an underdog team who have had to overcome the biggest obstacles. They may have had a few more obstacles, but they were always manageable and some were event preventable (airlines).

2 yields, yes, although one is almost negligible because of the time necessary to prepare the jumpers of the Macau Tower. 30 minute penalty, yes, they ran that leg well. 2 cases of the flight delays were their fault, while the other one (to Tanzania) was not.

This is not about Oswald & Danny, stop comaring things to other teams. This is about Eric & Danielle's proclamation that they are the underdogs.

Yes, because I'm sure every other team has called another team pieces of sh*t, threatened physical violence against them, and made a slur about their sexuality.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2007, 02:18:44 PM »
you might want to bold the parts you copied....it makes you look like you are having a conversation with yourself.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2007, 03:07:23 PM »
lol, I gave up trying to figure out what thats right point is, like yesterday  :waves: