Author Topic: speculation on the finale  (Read 63992 times)

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
speculation on the finale
« on: April 23, 2007, 10:11:41 AM »
All guesses on if theres a Fast Forward or who places where etc..can go here.
puddin

I'm just throwing this out there.

I have this gut feeling that the B-52 package drop screams FF.  This is the same as when I felt the van roll-over in HK was a FF due to the fact that TAR would not pay to roll up to 4 vans.

B-52 has much connection with the local Wright Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB) in Dayton Ohio.  They are HUGE and maybe there are 4 planes loaded & ready to go except for the box or 2 the team packs for inclusion.

Would a FF fit at this stage of the race?  Could there be 3 FF?  Right now I'm sticking with FF although I feel I'll probably change my mind before the end of the week.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 07:57:35 PM by puddin »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Re: EP12: "Oh My God, The Teletubbies Go To War."
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 10:13:46 AM »
makz3d, didn't Phil say "this is the second of only two fast forwards on the race..." while introducing the Chas FF in hong kong?

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
Re: EP12: "Oh My God, The Teletubbies Go To War."
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 10:15:17 AM »
makz3d, didn't Phil say "this is the second of only two fast forwards on the race..." while introducing the Chas FF in hong kong?

Michael, he may have, I just don't remember.  I am easily swayed either way.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Re: Speculation for EP12
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 10:18:54 AM »
Landing in Hong Kong with a sizable lead, Oswald & Danny's only troubles stemmed from a cash shortage as they paid their taxi at Sun Wah Kiu Laundry. After Danny negotiated a discount on the fare, the best friends opened their clue to find the second of two Fast Forwards on the race.

taken from: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race11/shows/ep09/index2.shtml

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 07:21:58 PM »
Danielle and Eric have to the luckiest damn people in the whole world if they win this race I will vomit. C/M and D/K have kicked ass throughout. I hope to god the spoilers are wrong.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 08:27:28 PM »
Since I like to  B:) B:) B:) A lot, here is Michael's latest:

Thanks to the awesome apskip we have this:

MEETING WITH GLENN WEBER AND MARIE LIZAMA
Glenn is expecting to  become a local celebrity on Guam as soon as the relevant episode airs (usually within about 10 hours after U.S. East Coast due to time difference). He got a lot of camera time when the F3 teams booked their flights to Honollulu via Tokyo-Narita on the afternoon of Saturday Dec. 16. The previous day was a big day at Guam International Airport as Uchenna/Joyce, the Guidos and Danny/Oswald all departed with Phil on CO904 through Nagoya Japan to Honolulu. Glenn told me he got a brief opportuntiy to chat with Uchenna and Joyce. Dec. 16 had Glenn as the only NW individual on the 2 ticket counters, I believe by choice since he knew what would be happening. First up was Dustin/Kandice, who booked NW 81 mid-afternoon to Narita and NW10 from there to Honolulu. Charla/Mirna actually booked the same flights through Continental's ticket counter. Last was Eric/Danielle, who had run into a NW 747 pilot who convinced them to take the 20 minute later NW73 to Narita to get the comfort of the 747. After Dustin and Kandice heard about this, they decided to change their booking to do the same. The connect time to NW10 was still quite adedquate. Their production crew of cameraman and soundman just barely made it through customs with their equipment to get on the later flight.

Remember, this is for the last leg (on the way to Hawaii) so wouldn't the order of arrival at the airport indicate the order of arrival that the teams checked into the pit stop? (this idea I actually stole from puddin!)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 08:39:39 PM »
Yeah, we all want to hear more about those "demanding" blondes! ;)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 08:50:10 PM »
Don't forget, Mirna and Charla like to go to hotels a lot of the time after leaving the pit stop, so it doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 08:53:52 PM »
Let me put my 2 cents in.. I found the forum where chevy posted that he saw the teams in Guam, now foxburns  ( I see you in the lurker bar ) posted here  that he wrote to chevy and chevy replied:
* Charla/Mirna were first with (again) a huge lead
Eric/Danielle were next followed by...
BQ's and...
Cha Cha Chas's (still in it in guam apparently)

now I had also sent chevy a private message and even asked him to join us here but never received a reply. So what foxburns  can do to prove that what he posted is for real or not, if he still has the message from chevy, is take a screencap or some proof that chevy ever contacted him?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 08:55:28 PM »
so for all we know C/M don't even have a big lead?

I completely missed the Guam spoiler for some reason so I wasn't around when the excitement was there..

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 09:05:20 PM »
Well foxburns--if you are out there --we would all LOVE it if you could share!

Come on out and join us! This is your week to shine!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 09:33:40 PM »
Danielle and Eric have to the luckiest damn people in the whole world if they win this race I will vomit. C/M and D/K have kicked ass throughout. I hope to god the spoilers are wrong.
Obviously someone who isn't paying actual attention to the show.

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2007, 09:36:28 PM »
Obviously someone who isn't paying actual attention to the show.

I was going to offer up the barf bags but I had already caused a stir.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2007, 09:46:08 PM »
I mean really.  No offense to you kid.  I can understand people not liking hte team (after all we all have different taste).

But they have had a lot of luck, a lot of bad luck.

Lets see.

1.  First team ever pulled off a plane in the 11 seasons of the race (they conceivable could have finished first for that leg, but afterwards at best 5th.
2.  One of two teams that with provided tickets to ever miss the provided connection, putting them 12 hours back (still finished hte tasks the 2cd fastest of the 6 teams).
3.  Yielded Twice (only the 2cd time that has ever happened Weavers 1st).
4.  Only team to ever be Yielded in a leg and have a penalty placed on that same leg, and even with penalty finished the leg faster then probably ever team (will have to check that out).

AARRRGGGHHH

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2007, 09:48:45 PM »
wow, when you see a list like that you really realize how horrible they've had it.

Some people say that "this is their own fault". I don't think you can call being pulled off a plane their own fault. Or being yielded...TWICE...my opinion is always changing, sometimes I want them not to be in the F3, other times I want them to be be in the F3. here comes to pervy side to me....it's going to be nice seeing Danielle running around in Guam with her shorts on....

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2007, 09:50:51 PM »
Let me second the thoughts of Michael D. It appears to me that Dustin/Kandice and Eric/Danielle actually did their flights reservations at Guam airport with Northwest Airlines. However. Charla/Mirna did not. Any travel agent could have previously booked the NW flights combination and any ticket agent with a valid plate could ticket it (including Continental who actually did it or the travel agency). Charla/Mirna could easily have been first under the scenario presented. However, in the spirit of true TAR bunching, they will all be even getting off the plane in Honolulu.

Actually, a word on that. I had to wait on U.S. immigration lines in Guam (because I left the transit area, both to talk to Glenn Weber and to take public transportation up to Yigo just south of one gate of Andersen Air Force Base. I observed in Guam numerous groups traveling with one wheelchair individual and in Newark a few such groups zipping through the U.S. citizens line as a result of being given special priority. I think it's absurd, but Charla/Mirna and their cameraman and soundman may benefit from it in Hawaii. I recall reading somewhere (maybe even RFF) that that will not be allowed for the final airport, SFO, so that all teams get a level playing field there.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 01:21:47 PM by apskip »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2007, 09:54:32 PM »
Alright, so as of now here are my thoughts:

2 possible pit stop scenarios
1. Charla and Mirna
2. Dustin and Kandice
3. Eric and Danielle
4. Danny and Oswald

OR

1. Dustin and Kandice
2. Charla and Mirna
3. Eric and Danielle
4. Danny and Oswald

I'm not sure which one I think is more likely right now, because there really isn't any way to tell.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2007, 10:25:49 PM »
All guesses on if theres a Fast Forward or who places where etc..can go here.
puddin

I'm just throwing this out there.

I have this gut feeling that the B-52 package drop screams FF.  This is the same as when I felt the van roll-over in HK was a FF due to the fact that TAR would not pay to roll up to 4 vans.

B-52 has much connection with the local Wright Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB) in Dayton Ohio.  They are HUGE and maybe there are 4 planes loaded & ready to go except for the box or 2 the team packs for inclusion.

Would a FF fit at this stage of the race?  Could there be 3 FF?  Right now I'm sticking with FF although I feel I'll probably change my mind before the end of the week.

The only things that get dropped out of a B-52 are 500 or 1000  pound bombs!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2007, 10:38:55 PM »
Gman  :lol:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2007, 09:50:44 AM »
OK, thanks to mrspreacher, we have more things that point towards 1st and 2nd place for either D/K or C/M. I'm beginning to suspect that C/M might not have as huge as a lead as we would have imagined by reading the spoilers.

The challenge on the Naval base involved a run through a jungle, and a short helicopter ride: Roadblock?

The challenge at the Air Force base, is part of a toy drop that Guam participates in every December: Detour, or random task all teams must do?

I'm even more extied with this new information.. :wohoo:
where is that damn web promo?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 08:41:05 PM by Michael D »

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
Re: "I think."...speculation on spoilers
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2007, 08:30:17 AM »

Hey all!

I'm really off base regarding the FF for C/M.  Seeing Charla at the Roadblock was the icing on the cake.  Boy, I really blew it this time.  I did state I would probably change my mind by the end of the week.

:ignore:

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2007, 10:14:05 AM »

Not sure if this is where to put this.

I've seen both Promo Videos.  I am quite irked because it almost seems as if Dustin & Kandice were ignored.  There is only a few seconds of them and I didn't try real hard to find them but they don't seem to be in the cube of 4 finalist.  Even if you check the screen captures there's only 3 or 4 pics of a BQ.

I just felt the need to bring this up.

Is CBS trying to tell us something?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2007, 10:16:39 AM »

Not sure if this is where to put this.

I've seen both Promo Videos.  I am quite irked because it almost seems as if Dustin & Kandice were ignored.  There is only a few seconds of them and I didn't try real hard to find them but they don't seem to be in the cube of 4 finalist.  Even if you check the screen captures there's only 3 or 4 pics of a BQ.

I just felt the need to bring this up.

Is CBS trying to tell us something?

Maybe they hate the BQs!  :lol3:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2007, 10:12:54 PM »
I'm excited to see the motivational final three speeches at the end of the episode!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2007, 11:12:47 PM »
" I think.. you are going to be sad on May 6th Michael"

Nice Avi  :kissy: