Author Topic: Big Brother Goes Virtual  (Read 1956 times)

Offline HurricaneHowieWood

• Big Brother Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • Reality TV! Pick your poison!
Big Brother Goes Virtual
« on: April 16, 2007, 04:21:21 PM »
It appears for those of us who have always wanted to be in the BB House, but never had the chance our time maybe coming...At least in the virtual sense.

"Big Brother" Goes Virtual

Reality TV producer Endemol is launching Virtual Me in partnership with EA to kick off the new season of its CBS locked-in-a-house show Big Brother. Announced at Cannes today, the experiment in broadcast-to-virtual synergies offers home viewers a chance to play the game with other avatars at VirtualMe.com.

The site, expected to go live this summer in conjunction with Big Brother will allow home viewers to create their own houses and play the game with competing avatars.

In a statement, Endemol Chief Creative Officer Peter Bazalgette said, “We’re told that people are starting to spend more time online than they are watching TV. Both markets are now important and this has huge implications for content creators."

The alliance with EA reperesents another move into the New Media space by the Dutch broadcast stalwart, which recently began producing content for Break.com and has plans for more Virtual Me companion programs for Deal or No Deal and 1 vs 100.

Source: http://blog.wired.com/business/2007/04/big_brother_goe.html
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
EA AND ENDEMOL ANNOUNCE CREATIVE PARTNERSHIP FOR VIRTUAL ME
CANNES, FRANCE, - April 16, 2007 – Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS), the world’s leading interactive entertainment software company, and the Endemol group, a global leader in television and other audiovisual entertainment, today announced a creative partnership for the development of Virtual Me, a new digital entertainment concept that bridges the divide between traditional TV and videogames. The all-new online offering is being prepared to debut in Endemol’s top-rated Big Brother.

Virtual Me combines cutting edge avatar creation technology from EA with popular TV formats from Endemol to give consumers a breakthrough way to meet, compete and socialize in online digital worlds. Avatar creation takes a leap forward with a high performing, easy-to-use tool that creates astonishingly life-like cyber-clones, with uniquely customized appearances and identities.

Want to be a pop star? A movie star? An action star? Virtual Me offers players the chance to participate in virtual versions of TV talent shows like Fame Academy and Operacion Triunfo, game shows like Deal Or No Deal and 1 vs 100 and to form real relationships with other virtual avatars on the web. VirtualMe.com, the home of the Virtual Me avatar creation system, will launch in the coming months.
Peter Bazalgette, Chief Creative Officer, Endemol comments: “We’re told that people are starting to spend more time online than they are watching TV. Both markets are now important and this has huge implications for content creators. Our opportunity with Electronic Arts is to develop ideas that fully embrace the way people are consuming entertainment today.”

Gerhard Florin, Executive Vice President and General Manager, EA International said, “With Virtual Me we are at the forefront of a new, hybrid form of entertainment that takes gaming beyond the console. Endemol is a great partner to help us bring together the best of TV and video games for an offering that can appeal to mass market audiences and change the face of entertainment.”
The two companies will create an integrated team to share expertise in their respective fields and develop entertainment formats and experiences for a wide range of platforms, including TV and online.

Electronic Arts is the creator of some of the world’s most successful video game franchises including FIFA Football, Need for Speed™, Harry Potter™ and The Sims™. Endemol’s catalogue of TV formats includes international blockbusters such as Big Brother, Fear Factor and Deal or No Deal.
Press release and Virtual Me illustrations can be found at http://info.ea.com.

About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts Inc. (EA), headquartered in Redwood City, California, is the world's leading interactive entertainment software company. Founded in 1982, the company develops, publishes, and distributes interactive software worldwide for videogame systems, personal computers, cellular handsets and the Internet. Electronic Arts markets its products under four brand names: EA SPORTS™, EA™, EA SPORTS BIG™ and POGO™. In fiscal 2006, EA posted revenue of $2.95 billion and had 27 titles that sold more than one million copies. EA's homepage and online game site is www.ea.com. More information about EA's products and full text of press releases can be found on the Internet at http://info.ea.com.
Electronic Arts, EA, EA SPORTS, EA SPORTS BIG, POGO, The Sims and Need for Speed are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. in the U.S and/or other countries. HARRY POTTER characters, names and related indicia are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
About Endemol
Endemol (Euronext; EML) is a global leader in television and other audiovisual entertainment. The company creates premium entertainment ideas and sells them to the world’s leading broadcasters. Endemol produces these shows to the highest standards creating hits with strong brand value. Subsequently the company exploits the value of its brands across other media and communications platforms including mobile phones and the Internet.
Endemol, with its head office in Hilversum, the Netherlands now has subsidiaries and joint ventures in 25 countries including The UK, the US, Spain, Italy, France, Germany and the Netherlands, as well as in Latin America, India, South Africa and Australia. Endemol is a publicly traded company on Eurolist by Euronext Amsterdam. For more information please visit www.endemol.com

Source: http://info.ea.com/news/pr/pr929.pdf
Like Us On FB: Reality Fan Forum

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Big Brother Goes Virtual
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 05:22:28 PM »
OMG! Sounds like fun Howiewood! I love games but will I have the time?? hmmmmmmmm  :snicker:

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 05:29:11 PM »
 :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:

I may play it.  Depends if I'll have the time during the summer.  I wonder if it will be played like Lance's OutPick'em.

Offline reality.tv.

• RFF Full Member
  • Now all we need is The Amazing Race Canada!
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 06:46:29 PM »
Amazing Race and survivor should go virtural..... when does sign-up start? If it has can someone send me the link?????
BB10 RENNY FAN FOREVER!