Author Topic: EP12: "Oh My God, The Teletubbies Go To War."  (Read 120068 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP12: "Oh My God, The Teletubbies Go To War."
« Reply #250 on: April 29, 2007, 12:54:21 AM »
Good job you two  :ninja

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #251 on: April 29, 2007, 12:57:00 AM »
My favorite Guam Cemetary  but turn your volume down first!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 29, 2007, 12:58:39 AM »
haha peach, yeah, I have all episodes of every season on this computer so I'm able to get screencaps quickly :D

Tonight when I turn on my TV the girl from the ring will be there to tell me "7 DAYS" until E/D win :lol3: ... then like in true horror movie fashion I will find a way to reverse time and go back and pull DK across the finish line first and do a happy dance with them.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 01:02:23 AM by Michael D »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #253 on: April 29, 2007, 01:03:36 AM »
  :'( I love animals ..good doggies  :hrt:. My BF had to shoot a cat the other day and I was like seriously Dont tell me, I don't want the details!  :ignore: :shake:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #254 on: April 29, 2007, 01:07:44 AM »
  :'( I love animals ..good doggies  :hrt:. My BF had to shoot a cat the other day and I was like seriously Dont tell me, I don't want the details!  :ignore: :shake:

Attack cat?? ???

Tonight when I turn on my TV the girl from the ring will be there to tell me "7 DAYS" until E/D win  ... then like in true horror movie fashion I will find a way to reverse time and go back and pull DK across the finish line first and do a happy dance with them.

We need an intervention, I'm afraid. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #255 on: April 29, 2007, 01:10:25 AM »
We need an intervention, I'm afraid.

:meow:

LOL, I agree, please help me! 1 more week of this and it'll all be over though, whether that is a good or bad thing still has to be decided however.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #256 on: April 29, 2007, 01:15:43 AM »
Attack cat??

A half run over cat ..at least it didn't suffer :'(

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #257 on: April 29, 2007, 01:23:05 AM »
Well, thats no so bad, I thought perhaps he just hated cats, and went on a spree.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #258 on: April 29, 2007, 01:27:01 AM »
Well, thats no so bad, I thought perhaps he just hated cats, and went on a spree.

Thank you mswood--I really needed a good laugh today!   :lol3:  Is it really weird when you are laughing helplessly  with no one else around?? ;D :rotf: ;D
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: EP13: "TBA" ( 1 hour season finale May 6th )
« Reply #259 on: April 29, 2007, 01:30:56 AM »
Well based on roving reporter apskip we can assume that this episode begins with a 24 hour Pit Stop from the end of the last leg.

Since all confessionals are shot in the afternoon, and that all teams get to the airport:

F3 teams booked their flights to Honolulu via Tokyo-Narita on the afternoon of Saturday Dec. 16.

Do we have time for a 24 hour pitstop?

I was thinking they left the Pitstop in the early morning hours--got to airport--HOO--and then booked tickets  in the morning for afternoon flights out.

Apskip--can you clarify  :please:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #260 on: April 29, 2007, 01:49:47 AM »
*snort*  :rotf:

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #261 on: April 29, 2007, 02:06:30 AM »
haha peach, yeah, I have all episodes of every season on this computer so I'm able to get screencaps quickly :D

Trust me you aren't the only one (well except getting the screencap part).

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #262 on: April 29, 2007, 02:14:56 AM »
Maybe somebody can teach the peach how to do that? Please?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #263 on: April 29, 2007, 02:27:31 AM »
Yeah, well I am an idiot.  So we have a 12 hour Pit Stop since we have reports of teams arriving on the 14th but performing tasks on the 15th.  That means teams must start out beofre 5am or so, and either perform some tasks (Doubtful based on the history of the race's is last leg), or that I read the quote to literally and that they arrived in the morning (though starting that early does give credence to the fact that team's order could be changed dramatically by checking hotels for internet or phone to get tickets before heading to the airport) and that teamsflights left in the afternoon.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 02:36:34 AM by mswood »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #264 on: April 29, 2007, 05:46:58 AM »
Yeah, well I am an idiot.  So we have a 12 hour Pit Stop since we have reports of teams arriving on the 14th but performing tasks on the 15th.  That means teams must start out beofre 5am or so, and either perform some tasks (Doubtful based on the history of the race's is last leg), or that I read the quote to literally and that they arrived in the morning (though starting that early does give credence to the fact that team's order could be changed dramatically by checking hotels for internet or phone to get tickets before heading to the airport) and that teamsflights left in the afternoon.

Let's just say that there is only a 12 hour pit stop. I have Dustin/Kandice leaving at abou 0200 to 0230 and reaching Hong Kong International no earlier than 5am if there is no task to perform first. With the departure of the flights to Narita in the 0800 to 0940 time frame, it cannot be a 24 hour pitstop. It's classic bunching with all teams level. Eveybody could wind up on CO7 out of NRT to GUM, arriving at 2025 (in the evening). If not, then they will catch up on later than 0430(last alternative flight in), as no Guam tasks appear to start before sunrise.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #265 on: April 29, 2007, 10:20:00 AM »
Okay--it is official--we all have end of season fatigue!

Now I am confused--we were talking about the Guam--Hawaii leg right?

If so then:

Apskip--that is a great summary but let's move it to Ep 12.

mswood and I had jumped ahead to Ep 13--can you do the same here please? :kuss:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline $HOP@HOL!C

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #266 on: April 29, 2007, 10:21:06 AM »
Maybe somebody can teach the peach how to do that? Please?
Yeah, I'd like to know how to do that 2.

As 2 which team arrives 1st, I think we'd be able to find that out if we were able to find out the time of the confessionals based on the sky, lol

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #267 on: April 29, 2007, 10:37:30 AM »
Yes peach, there was a flag there! Thanks!

TAR10 EP6:

Hawaii:

Maybe hakushu8's flag has something to do with this:

On your marks, get set, go - for the first-ever Guamazing race, a takeoff the hit CBS reality series "The Amazing Race", showing on KUAM-TV11. Ten teams of two people will complete an island wide obstacle course testing their physical and mental strength, taking place in May.

Until then, is hosting a local casting call this Saturday, April 28 at the PTC in the Agana Shopping Center from 5-10pm. Applicants are encouraged to download an application by clicking here.

[attachment deleted by admin]
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #268 on: April 29, 2007, 12:08:07 PM »
Well based on roving reporter apskip we can assume that this episode begins with a 24 hour Pit Stop from the end of the last leg.

Since all confessionals are shot in the afternoon, and that all teams get to the airport:

F3 teams booked their flights to Honolulu via Tokyo-Narita on the afternoon of Saturday Dec. 16.

We're mixing oranges and apples now.  Speculation on when teams are leaving on the next leg, while we are still put leg 12 together.  I don't think we have a 24-hour pit stop at the end of leg 11 since we see Oswald and Danny opening the clue for leg 12 and it is pitch black out so probably in the early morning which is consistent with estimated pit stop arrival times in Macao.

Let's keep Leg 12 speculation here in this thread, and put speculation about flights to Japan-Honolulu-San Francisco in the other thread for Ep 13 which is below this one.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 05:01:28 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #269 on: April 29, 2007, 12:44:33 PM »
I did not understand why Ep. 11 stuff was doing in Ep. 12 when I reponded earlier. Well, the joke is on me because it really was an Ep. 12 question. Here is the answer:

The Guam pistop has to be 12 hours. Teams will arrive whenever, but nothing will happen before about 0600 Dec. 15 because that's first reasonable light on Guam (I should know; I was just there and on April 23 it was black at 0530 and at 0602 the sun came up quickly; this is typical of an island near the equator). Teams have to finish sometime after about 1700 because if they were at the pitstop sooner they would be able to make CO 2 nonstop to Honolulu departing 0600 Dec. 16 and arriving 1705 Dec. 15. We know that this does not happen. On release from the pitstop on the mornning of Dec. 16 on guam, teams may elect to make phone reservations or visit a travel agency, we don't know. They do show up at Guam International Airport for ticketing (and maybe for reservations) and for changing those tickets in the case of the "demanding blondes". D/K and E/D go to Northwest, appropriate since they are the carrier, and C/M for unknown reasons go to Continental.

NW 81 and NW71 leave at close to 4pm and arrive in Tokyo-Narita around 7pm (see my earlier popsts for specifics). NW10 leaves NRT 2030 and arrives HNL 0825 on Dec. 16. That leaves the entire day for Hawaiian tasks before teams need to be on planes for SFO by 10pm.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #270 on: April 29, 2007, 12:46:20 PM »
Oh G-man just ignore all of that! We started in EP 13 talking about flights Guam--Hawaii and then somehow (well it was the doggone middle of the night for some of us :lol:) we ended up talking about HK-Guam flights, thoroughly confusing each other. And then thanks to puddins magical teleportation skills we ended up back where we started...

I blame it all on too many NRT changes!

So ignore the whole conversation--we'll figure it out later if we ever get un-confused! :lol: :rotf: :lol:

edited to say

Thank goodness for apskip! Yay--unconfused for a little while anyway!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #271 on: April 29, 2007, 12:57:35 PM »
OK everyone, lets sit back, relax, stop worrying about HK and NRT and GMU, just let all begones be begones.  Catch a cool drink and enjoy the lovely spring weather we are having in the East.

Meanwhile, Puddin and I will be glued to the tube waiting for "The Big One" to happen at Talladega!

In seven hours all our worries will be over, and we will be on our way to Hawaii!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #272 on: April 29, 2007, 01:35:53 PM »
I'm still confused but like Gman said I'm not going to try to figure it out and am moving onward.. I have my little tv set up on the deck and am listening to and watching Talladega baby cept' the May flies are a few days early! Rats! Damn Gnats  (:;)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 29, 2007, 01:37:54 PM »
Ahh! I just realized it's almost MAY!
LAST MONTH OF SCHOOL  :wohoo:

I think we are all confused at this time, oh well, soon TAR will be on :)

...and then....one more episode!  :'(

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #274 on: April 29, 2007, 01:40:54 PM »
But I do feel that Eric & Danielle will actually be the last to arrive at the Pit Stop and are only saved by Oswald & Danny's penalty just to further give ammunition to those who feel that they are the most undeserving winners ever.  Just to personally spite me.
Well they just might as well save their ammunition to shoot themselves in the head next week, I mean seriously all this hate and whining over a reality show that was filmed 5 months ago...its not like its the end of the world or something for Gods sakes I wish they would all STFU already :meow:

Hehehehe

I absolutely can't wait to here the pissing and moaning and bitching and harping on both sucks and TWOP at the final (if the list is accurate and I am pretty damn confident in ithat).

I think I will do a serious happy dance.

I think I will do a serious happy dance.

Hope that we here will be dancing with you mswood.

:yourock: mswood and puddin. We are going to reserve commenting until tomorrow because if what y'all been saying here comes to pass we will be partying till the wee hours. You guys think we should get this one  :james:  ready for them?

eta: You guys forgot to mention "Reality" TV World Message Kvetching Boards

« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 01:49:06 PM by Sanchez 12 »