Author Topic: EP12: "Oh My God, The Teletubbies Go To War."  (Read 120469 times)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: EP12: "Oh My God, The Teletubbies Go To War."
« Reply #200 on: April 27, 2007, 05:35:22 PM »
We already guessed this but just to note that there is daylight.

This is Oswald at Hong Kong's airport:  photolink

[attachment deleted by admin]
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #201 on: April 27, 2007, 06:23:42 PM »
Quote from: Chateau
I just beat a speeding ticket today.     I was up all night preparing my defense.  I had it all ready, Google Earth shots, protractor, and optical illusion tricks to demonstrate the power of bad assumptions.

Stupid CHiP did not show.  I'm so disappointed.  I was gonna educate him!

OH I SO wish the cop HAD shown up--I would have loved to see the Judge's face! They would have had no response I'm sure!  The very thought of this made my day.... :happy:  But hey--were you really speeding?? :lol3:

Oh the other hand--I come back from work expecting all of you to have had a busy day spoiling the Phil preview--and what do I find? Nothing!

I take it Phil was a no-show this week too? That slacker! (:;)  Well, we'll all have to work even harder. If Chateau  :angel: is able to give us some times on the Cha's at the Asan Overlook, I think we'll have a better idea of whether that clue was a "go to the Naval Station or AAFB and do"....or  a head towards the Pitstop kind of clue.

Does anyone else think that the Charla confessional looks to be a lot later in the day than the E/D and BQ's??

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #202 on: April 27, 2007, 06:50:17 PM »
Maybe Charla caught a cloud? My first thought was that it looked later too. The teams have to get from the Pitstop point to get to the ticket counter and maybe even had to do a small task before? Just thinking outloud.

apskip wrote:

* First up was Dustin/Kandice, who booked NW 81 mid-afternoon to Narita and NW10 from there to Honolulu.
*Charla/Mirna actually booked the same flights through Continental's ticket counter.
*Last was Eric/Danielle, who had run into a NW 747 pilot who convinced them to take the 20 minute later NW73 to Narita to get the comfort of the 747. After Dustin and Kandice heard about this, they decided to change their booking to do the same. The connect time to NW10 was still quite adedquate. Their production crew of cameraman and soundman just barely made it through customs with their equipment to get on the later flight.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #203 on: April 27, 2007, 06:50:19 PM »
Thanks Peach.  I wasn't really checking my speed at the time.  It wasn't one of those white-knuckles kind of drives.  Just comfortable cruzin.   That's why I was rattled enough to mount a defense.  There was no way he could have made a sufficiently accurate measurement (pacing) of my speed and I was ready to prove it.

I've been working on the Cha shot.  It's kind blurry and curved so I don't get the accuracy I was hoping for.

This shot was taken between 11:15 am and 12:45 pm (assumes December 15th)

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #204 on: April 27, 2007, 07:00:15 PM »
Is that picture the same as this one?

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 27, 2007, 07:08:35 PM »
The teams have to get from the Pitstop point to get to the ticket counter and maybe even had to do a small task before? Just thinking outloud.

Puddin - the small task would have to be *REALLY* small (like last seasons go to the church that has been under construction for 100 years) because they have a lot to do in the finale and it's only one hour - so I don't think it would effect the order of arrival at the airport.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #206 on: April 27, 2007, 07:10:06 PM »
I think it has to be.  I was wondering too.

A good thing did come out of the visit to the LA County Courthouse.  I saw this   :rotf:  right outside the window.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #207 on: April 27, 2007, 07:22:19 PM »
Bite this Anniston!  Your chair is only 31 feet tall.  The goofballs in my town have built one almost 60 feet tall !    :yess:

Who's Got the World's Largest Chair?

Update July 2005: Artist Giancarlo Neri directed us to info on a chair created by the company Promosedia in Manzano, Italy -- 60 ft. tall. A slightly smaller version provided by Promosedia, touting the "Chair District" of Friuli, Italy, stands at the entrance of the LA Merchandise Mart, 1933 S. Broadway, Los Angeles, California. America has lost its giant chair edge!

I wish I had brought my camera.   :groan:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #208 on: April 27, 2007, 07:45:27 PM »
I wish I had brought my camera.

Next time they catch you "cruising"! ;D
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #209 on: April 27, 2007, 08:07:09 PM »
There's been some talk in the geocaching forums the last couple of days about the preview. Some think the unit is a Garmin GPSmap 60cx; some think it's a Garmin Rino (it looks more like a Rino to me). I also came across this kind of scary page containing testimonials from soldiers serving in the desert who bought gps units with their own money because the gov.-issue stuff was kludge.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #210 on: April 27, 2007, 08:11:43 PM »
All I can think about is Chateau in handcuffs :luvu:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 27, 2007, 09:01:56 PM »
You know, even with a little bit of  B:) from all of us this week, 9 pages by Friday is better then the 18 pages by Friday we had for the last two episodes  :lol3:

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #212 on: April 27, 2007, 09:22:12 PM »
All I can think about is Chateau in handcuffs :luvu:

Down girl  :whips

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #213 on: April 27, 2007, 09:42:42 PM »
 :o  Handcuffs and whips in one thread?! :o  Oh my!  ;)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #214 on: April 27, 2007, 09:46:07 PM »
What I am thinking about the start of this episode in Macau is that thet small task others have mentioned makes eminent sense. How about a visit to a fish market? What if the price on the sign we saw in the not-shown-in-actual-story screencap of the fish on the table were a currency in Portuguese?

The only downside to this is the delay to reaching the Hong Kong airport. That could separate the teams onto different flights and routes into Guam, with different arrival times(like 0100, 0205, 0230) if they cannot make the 0935 latest departure that will reach Narita in time to connect with CO7.

I am going to track down each route again and list them in another post.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #215 on: April 27, 2007, 10:21:15 PM »
They did fish last week though--just not seen :-\

Yay for new airplane routes!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #216 on: April 27, 2007, 10:52:40 PM »
 :dryoff:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #217 on: April 27, 2007, 11:00:46 PM »
You forgot about the cameltoes  :-[ ..

Chateau =  :fan: :naughtyd:

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #218 on: April 28, 2007, 03:48:59 AM »
I didn't have the time to visit SW Guam today due to a workshop I had to attend, so no new reports about the possible location of the pit stop from me. Maybe tomorrow. ;D
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #219 on: April 28, 2007, 04:16:39 AM »
HONG KONG TO GUAM FLIGHT OPTIONS - Updated

I have previously listed the 5 different flights from Hong Kong leaving at 0800 to 0940 that will make a connection with CO7 in Tokyo-Narita. CO7 departs at 1550 and arrives GUM 2025.

Connections have been checked via Saipan, Nagoya, Hanoi, Canton, and Taipei. Nothing works for a simple 2-flight connection and no 3-flight connection will be superior in arrival time(for a given departure range) to the times indicated below:

CONNECTING THROUGH NARITA

JL732 departs HKG 1450 arrives NRT 2000, connecting to JO981 departing NRT 2130 arriving GUM 0205
CX500 departs HKG 1500 arrives NRT 2025, connecting to JO981 as above.
NH910 departs HKG 1510 arrives NRT 2015, connecting to JO981 as above.

CX520 departs HKG 1030 arrives NRT 1600, connecting to either CO964 (departs 2025 arrives 0100) or NW 82 (departs 2030 arrives 0110) ro GUM
JL376 departs  HKG 1045 arrives NRT 1555, connecting to either CO964 or NW82 as above.

CONNECTING THROUGH MANILA

CX903 departs HKG 1630 arrives MNL 1835, connecting to CO934 departing MNL 2235 arriving GUM 0430
PR307 departs HKG 1800 arrives MNL 2000, connecting to CO934 as above.
5J119 departs HKG 1940 arrives MNL 1940, connecting to CO934 as above.

This is really 4 primary flights in at 2025, 0100/0110, 0205, and 0430. None of it is likely to matter with hours of operation on Guam. Any teams catching the first set of flights will get some rest on Guam. There may be a flight or two that I have missed. There were more when I checked them months ago, but they seem to have vanished.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 04:40:19 AM by apskip »

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #220 on: April 28, 2007, 09:24:37 AM »
Has anyone figured out the estimated pit arrival times in Macao?  This would give us some idea of departure times from Hong Kong and whether or not there was time for a task (find a landmark, etc.) before departure.

Looks like in anycase a case of Hours of Operation (or wait until the base opens at sunrise)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #221 on: April 28, 2007, 10:58:55 AM »
Thanks for the flight info apskips.
Also wanted to note the Host/server is having problems and Rob is working on working on them, lol.
hang tight...things seem to be getting better.

Gman to answer your question ...from our very own mswood   :kuss:

I am guessing (damn overcast.  Its official the producers really hate Chateau…) that the Dustin & Kandice could have arrived at the Pit Stop between 2:00pm to 2:30pm.  With Eric & Danielle about 15 minutes behind them, and then 15 more minutes for Charla & Mirna to check in 2cd place, another 15 for Eric & Danielle to check in, and I am guessing Oswald and Danny are significantly behind that.  Say an hour to an hour and a half.

1.  D & K 2:00-2:30
2.  C & M 2:30-3:00
3.  E & D 2:50 (I still swear I see 1:50 on his watch but that would be damn, damn fast or perhaps off by an hour.
4.  Oswald & Danny
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 11:04:05 AM by puddin »

Offline jaywhacker

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #222 on: April 28, 2007, 02:13:50 PM »
You forgot about the cameltoes  :-[ ..

I think the racy pictures of Kandice got to everyone.  I seem to remember an offer to exchange laps for poles.....

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #223 on: April 28, 2007, 02:49:01 PM »
If the teams all leave the pit stop in Macao between 2:00AM and 3:00AM they will have 12 hours or so to cool their heels at the Hong Kong airport if they arrange for one of the six flights or so that leave between 2:50 and 7:40.  So in this case they may have to go find some place in either Macao or Hong Kong begore going to the airport.

The other possiblity is that they make the earlier connections through NRT but still arrive in Guam in the wee hours of the morning.  In any case teams will be arriving in Guam between 1:00AM and 4:30AM so will bunch up at the gates of AAFB waiting for the armed guards to let them in (leave your messy backpacks at the gate please).

If all goes well, except for Danny and Oswald, the teams all should arrive at the pit stop in Guam in mid-afternoon.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 28, 2007, 07:53:10 PM »
yeah - so I'm bored  :angel:

The lack of Phil's preview this week sucks  :knuckles:

... B:) B:) B:)

Any PIPs this week puddin..(i always type in Phil when typing puddin for some strange reason)