Author Topic: EP12: "Oh My God, The Teletubbies Go To War."  (Read 120012 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP12: "Oh My God, The Teletubbies Go To War."
« Reply #150 on: April 25, 2007, 06:42:43 PM »
I'll let you sit on my lap if you do the poll and a few questions Michael ??

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 25, 2007, 06:54:19 PM »
You owe me a lap to sit in puddin!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #152 on: April 25, 2007, 07:46:33 PM »
You got it Michael!

See I think this is E/D at the pitstop..
And D/O at that cluebox /Asan Lookout

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 10:11:09 PM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #153 on: April 25, 2007, 08:04:48 PM »
That looks like pride to me. I'll go ahead and spot D/O as the "patriotic" team.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #154 on: April 25, 2007, 08:12:17 PM »
That looks like pride to me. I'll go ahead and spot D/O as the "patriotic" team.
OH good call Slowhatch!!
My map :D

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #155 on: April 25, 2007, 08:29:32 PM »
I can get a solid time estimate from that Cha shot if we can find some more tourista shots of the location.

I need to be able to see the relationship between the opening that people walk through and the opening that people view through.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #156 on: April 25, 2007, 08:40:44 PM »
You saw sups pic here didn't you--that's the best!

I can't find too many except for the walls. Unless hakushu8 got some when she was there? I think it is new.

But a time on the Cha's at the clue box would be awesome!

« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 08:46:20 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 25, 2007, 09:41:37 PM »
Do you think that the order of the confessionals at the end of the last episode gave away the order of the arrival at the pit stop in Guam:

1. Dustin & Kandice    :happy:
2. Charla & Mirna
3. Eric & Danielle   
4. Danny & Oswald - eliminated.

That also matches with the airport booking to Hawaii, with D/K booking first, C/M at a different counter, followed by Eric and Danielle. (thanks to apskips)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 11:33:45 PM by Michael D »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #158 on: April 25, 2007, 10:08:58 PM »
I can get a solid time estimate from that Cha shot if we can find some more tourista shots of the location.

I need to be able to see the relationship between the opening that people walk through and the opening that people view through.
Darn I was just there but got sidetracked by Nimitz hill ...

more...

Nimitz Hill

« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 11:19:33 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #159 on: April 25, 2007, 11:44:07 PM »
I understand from reading hakushu8's post that while we see the Cha's at the Asan Overlook clue box--this may not be the pitstop?
Which makes sense>>clue box==go somewhere else.

So what are we missing??

I have 3) quick thoughts...

1)  We haven't yet accounted for the Zero gravity -- plane fly faster comment.
      The only plane we have seen so far is the Xmas delivery one which doesn't look like anything to do with zero gravity.
      And I don't think you can get zero gravity in a helicopter.
      I placed a Stratotanker at AAFB but I think it may be a little farfetched to think they are going to do the classic zero-gravity vomit comet--but what then?
      Some sort of fast drop jet loop thing?
      Pilots help me out here please!

2) Could the short helicopter ride at the Naval Base/Roadblock be something to do with our pallet hanging from the helicopter screencap? Maybe they have to lower it, swing on it, what ever?

3)  Could we go somewhere else to do something else?
     I keep thinking of our slightly vague but there Magellan connection with this race, And the place where Magellan reportedly landed in Guam is called Umatac Bay--not all that far from  the Naval Station.

Other things that look cool to do: Swimming with the dolphins, Talafofo Falls and gondola ride, caving with prehistoric drawings, --but we have seen no evidence for any of that.

Hopefully Phil's preview will give us a bit more to go on!

« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 11:50:16 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #160 on: April 26, 2007, 12:14:21 AM »
Other things that look cool to do: Swimming with the dolphins, Talafofo Falls and gondola ride, caving with prehistoric drawings, --but we have seen no evidence for any of that.
  :lol3: I'm telling you peach we will not see swimming with the Dolphins..fish maybe? Bada Bing!    :badhorse:

Could the short helicopter ride at the Naval Base/Roadblock be something to do with our pallet hanging from the helicopter screencap? Maybe they have to lower it, swing on it, what ever?

:lol:  :present:

Offline red_sox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #161 on: April 26, 2007, 12:52:19 AM »
I'm not sure where i should post this, so i hope it's OK here :)

I just read Apskip's post.. so D/K and E/D have the same flight to Hawaii, which departs 20 mins later than C/M's? But why is the other flight safer? Is it likely that C/M miss a tight connecting flight and that's where they stuff up, while D/K and E/D pass them??  :groan:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #162 on: April 26, 2007, 12:58:29 AM »
Hey it's late--I'm struggling here! :crazy

and in my defense 
--but we have seen no evidence for any of that

I was thinking more :chute:  but whatever!

And we better see thse damned dolphins somewhere or I'm coming after somebody with an African bluefish!

What would y'all do without me to entertain you! ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline the_headcrusher

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • You flathead!
« Reply #163 on: April 26, 2007, 12:59:25 AM »
I placed a Stratotanker at AAFB but I think it may be a little farfetched to think they are going to do the classic zero-gravity vomit comet--but what then?
      Some sort of fast drop jet loop thing?
      Pilots help me out here please!

I don't think it would take much to do a weightlessness task in a KC-135.  Basically to get "weightlessness" the aircraft needs is to dive than climb, a parabolic flight path.  It would probably take longer to get to altitude than to do the actual task. 
I also don't think they'd be doing loops in the stratotanker anytime soon....I think the air force would like their aircraft back in one piece  :js:

The only planes I can see them doing loops in are the fighters.

:ninja  ....sorry I just love this icon.
A good landing is one you can walk away from.  A great landing is one where they can use the plane again.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #164 on: April 26, 2007, 01:08:31 AM »
Thanks headcrusher! I did mean that from what I hear the zero gravity KC-135 is VERY expensive to have to offer potentially 4 separate times. So that's why I thought of a different jet thing doing loops--but would that give you a zero gravity feel or just more G's?  :lol: I come from a family of pilots--but my flying lessons were long ago and far away!

And red_sox--I got the idea it was all a comfort thing--nicer plane? more room? and that it didn't affect the flight arrivals all that much.

But that shot of Mirna looking at her watch at security makes me think there is some kind of delay.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline mrspreacher

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #165 on: April 26, 2007, 09:06:58 AM »
Michael~

Just wanted to let you know that I wrote my source and asked about Dustin and Kandice being there first.  I probably won't hear back until tonight at the earliest.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 26, 2007, 09:13:53 AM »
ooh! thanks mrspreacher!  :jam:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #167 on: April 26, 2007, 09:30:08 AM »

I lurve dirty old men as well as the Soprano's  ;).

Ah, me wench, speaks from the heart :hearts:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #168 on: April 26, 2007, 09:37:56 AM »
Below is a diagram that describes the parabolic pattern that Headcrusher mentioned (source page about Stephen Hawking here). You may also see it described as a "zero-g pushover." Zero Gravity Corp., which claims to be the only commercial outfit licensed for this stuff, is going to operate out of Vegas of all places  :lol: (pdf press release here). BVM has a lot of friends in the Defense Dept. from his "Frontline" days; I doubt he went commercial or even paid full price for this ep.
My guess? Until more info rolls in, I'm thinking "zero gravity" is just CBS nonsense.

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #169 on: April 26, 2007, 10:02:00 AM »
Michael~

Just wanted to let you know that I wrote my source and asked about Dustin and Kandice being there first.  I probably won't hear back until tonight at the earliest.

If the source and the other drivers knew each other (probably did) then I'm sure when they went to lunch afterwards that they talked.  Also, if the source was the first to enter the base with their team then that would let them know that their team was 1st.  Same with 2nd, 3rd, or 4th based on what position they were in when they entered base.  So if the last team to be picked up by a driver would be driver #4 as 3 other teams had used the 1st 3 drivers.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #170 on: April 26, 2007, 10:10:29 AM »

That's the cameltoe coming out in her. :o :rotf:

Chateau I've studied GE and many pictures until my eyes are blurry. It looks to me like when you are looking at the view you are facing due north. You come into the circle from the south end. But I'm sure you knew that already. FWIW, the overlook opens at 7 a.m. so that could also be the hours of operation (depending on your timestamp of course).

If the detour is first then all teams would be arriving at the AF base about the same time. Chevy's statement of C/M being way ahead would only make sense if they finished the detour first. As for the cleaning detour, it reminds of TAR 9 when they had to wash the trolleys in Moscow. That seemed to take alot longer than the teams expected. So if C/M do finish first then how could the BQ's be the first to arrive at the Roadblock? Something is either missing in between or????

I wouldn't put too much into the BQ's getting tickets first at NW because C/M could have easliy been earlier at the Continental counter.

It will be interesting to see if mrspreacher can come up with more team citings.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 26, 2007, 10:15:11 AM »
So if C/M do finish first then how could the BQ's be the first to arrive at the Roadblock? Something is either missing in between or?

Well, puddin tried contacting the person who said C/M where ahead with a huge lead and never heard back...the sighting also could have been a route marker which C/M got to ahead of everybody else, but like always killed their lead..

puddin - was Phil's preview sent out this week?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 10:19:27 AM by Michael D »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #172 on: April 26, 2007, 01:17:42 PM »
I'm not sure where i should post this, so i hope it's OK here :)

I just read Apskip's post.. so D/K and E/D have the same flight to Hawaii, which departs 20 mins later than C/M's? But why is the other flight safer? Is it likely that C/M miss a tight connecting flight and that's where they stuff up, while D/K and E/D pass them??  :groan:

Hi, red_sox. You are misreading what I wrote. The two flights 20 minutes apart are from Guam to Tokyo-Narita. Everybody is going to be on NW10 from Narita to Honolulu. It's possible that Charla and Mirna's NW81 could have some sort of trouble and arrive too late in Narita to make the connection, but I consider that very unlikely.

On the safer question, I believe that the teams on NW73 selected it for the extra comfort of a 747 aircraft. It is not a safety thing for sure, since their connect tiem in Narita is 20 minutes less than Charla/Mirna  due to the flight times being the same.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 02:21:03 PM by apskip »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #173 on: April 26, 2007, 01:28:18 PM »

I lurve you too Gman :D!!

That's the cameltoe coming out in her. :o :rotf:

Hey! I heard that  :yikes :browsie: :ya3: :pfight:

puddin - was Phil's preview sent out this week?

Not yet! Jeff's Survivor preview was put up late yesterday so it seems they are not on the ball at CBS ..imagine that!! :lol:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 26, 2007, 02:12:48 PM »
Aw, that sucks about the preview, but oh well I have survivor tonight to keep me waiting.

Thanks for confirming that apskip, I was also confused about the flight thing :groan: